HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Foxmill Area of Reston
Posted by: Right Said Fred ()
Date: May 29, 2007 01:51PM

Looking for info on this neighborhood. Seeing some affordable housing popping up and wondering what is causing prices to drop in this area. I saw a few houses with 6-7 cars in the driveway. Is this becoming the new Hispanic area of Fairfax?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Foxmill Area of Reston
Posted by: JayD ()
Date: May 29, 2007 01:54PM

Reston is slowly but surely going the way of Herndon and Sterling.... spic & chink galore.

Date: May 29, 2007 01:54PM

fuckin poon jabs too

Posted by: FairF4x0r ()
Date: May 29, 2007 02:04PM

Meeper, I'm too tired. Can you please post the graphic?

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: May 29, 2007 02:29PM

Fox Mill is not in Reston (no Reston community taxes). It is located in Oak Hill (formerly a part of Herndon).

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: May 29, 2007 02:52PM

It's probably the same reason all housing in Fairfax is dropping. People trying to flip houses losing their shirts and foreclosures.

Posted by: Right Said Fred ()
Date: May 29, 2007 03:51PM

If possible, I would like to hear from an actual Foxmill resident. If not, I will have to accept the racist crapola that I of course, contributed to.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 29, 2007 07:23PM

Meeper, I'm too tired. Can you please post the graphic?

either too bored or too busy

just please don't post that nazi kid pic, lol

Posted by: FairF4x0r ()
Date: May 29, 2007 07:29PM

you KNOW that equates to a request lol
Attachments:
nazi-cos2.jpg

Posted by: hold em' ()
Date: May 29, 2007 08:42PM

If you are counting 6 to 7 cars in the driveway alone that is a red flag. Best bet is to check the neighborhood out on a weekend. See who your neighbors are going to be. Alot of real estate agents will drag customers out during the week in the daytime to avoid the reality you will be moving into.

I have seen some of the most liberal of people change their tune when they live next door to the problems. When it comes to their most expensive investment, suddenly they become conservatives. Homeless shelters, illegal alien work centers and twenty people in a house are fine as long as it isn't in their neighborhood.

You can also do a check through the county website to see the assesed value of a home and what the others are going for. A few clicks into it you can see when they last sold.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: May 29, 2007 09:19PM

I grew up in fox mill estates, and my brother now owns the house we grew up in. My family never lost connection to the neighborhood. Additionally, a coworker of mine recently moved there.

It seems no worse than when I was a kid. There were always a few houses with too many cars, even back then. In fox mill, it is a tradition to have a few white trash individuals who run small-time auto repair or sales out of their driveway. Some of the larger families in the area may have many cars, also. My family had 5 sitting in the driveway at one point, but there were 8 of us in the immediate family, and we are quite white bread american.

Also keep in mind that fox mill has two sides, pinecrest and then the rest of the neighborhood. Pinecrest was always more low-rent and run-down. Buy a house on the other side of the school.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 29, 2007 09:38PM

There were always a few houses with too many cars, even back then

Another common thing might be someone renting to a bunch of just-outta-college-age kids. When I lived in Vienna we had a house full of six 20-something year olds next door, they all had their own cars and the driveway was always packed day and night, people coming and going at all hours. I have friends in Reston that live in the same type of place- some old guy renting his whole house to 4 "kids", but 5 or 6 actually live there. They have parties alot and play loud music, I'm sure it bugs the neighbors.

Date: May 30, 2007 10:20AM

I suppose it's just a COINCIDENCE?

Can you find the white guy?

*Hint: there is only one

APES, FLYS, and CAMELS GO HOME

Date: May 30, 2007 10:21AM

^---- Bonus points for finding the one with primative ape-like expression on face

Date: May 30, 2007 10:28AM

I know, I know... The suggestion of coherant thought & expression is giving too much credit already.

*misspelled banana included for added realism.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: May 30, 2007 10:28AM

In general I would say that Fox Mill is great area. I agree that most houses with six cars are generally large families with "kid cars."

Posted by: yes it does ()
Date: May 30, 2021 10:12PM

This checks out

Posted by: FrankU ()
Date: May 31, 2021 01:34AM

Hm
Attachments:
773CE536-DE85-49B3-A7B5-BDE634E0E3B8.jpeg

Posted by: Whatever2 ()
Date: June 08, 2021 08:06PM

Can u say wetbacks, spear chuckers, moon crickets, porch monkeys, etc, etc, etc. just like Annandale. Used to be white middle class. Then the beaners started moving in, then for some reason the Koreans. So now it’s a filthy ghetto and 90% of small businesses you can even read their sign unless you speak wetback or gook

Posted by: Gay Section ()
Date: June 08, 2021 08:21PM

Come on in, the water is fine.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.