HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Health experts agree that there is plenty of evidence supporting mask use, but this schizophrenic guy on a shitty forum says they don’t...I’m so confused!
Posted by: Dunn Kruger. ()
Date: April 15, 2021 12:03PM

Recent research article about mask use (please note, I said “recent”)

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Health experts agree that there is plenty of evidence supporting mask use, but this schizophrenic guy on a shitty forum says they don’t...I’m so confused!
Posted by: LIMU EMU ()
Date: April 15, 2021 12:10PM

Attachments:
1616592644948.jpg

Re: Health experts agree that there is plenty of evidence supporting mask use, but this schizophrenic guy on a shitty forum says they don’t...I’m so confused!
Date: April 15, 2021 12:15PM

thank you LIMU!

"we can't breath"....at least thats whut all the low paid employees are telling me

"we are getting sick from the mask".....at least thats whut all the low paid employees are telling me

om doing this on behalf of the people

eye didn't put on a mask in 2020 or 2021...

if you masked up and left your basement fortress and actually talked to the people you would realize how much people are suffering frum having to wear the mask

selfish asshole

eye know plenty of people who are developing health problems frum having to re-breath their exhaled waste for 40 plus hours a week

their doctors tell them to quit their job

its called the great reset....and its not good

extra special thanks to rural conservatives in this country...without you, nobody would be fighting against the global system of white domination's "plandemic" psy op

OUR COUNTRY HAS BEEN UNDER ATTACK SINCE EARLY 2020

BIDEN IS THE FAKE FASCIST POST COUP IMPLANT

HOPEFULLY THE MILITARY DOES ITS DUE DILLIGENCE SOON

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2021 12:18PM by the real General Mahdi.

Posted by: Fjshsjks ()
Date: April 15, 2021 12:20PM

the real General Mahdi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "we can't breath"....at least thats whut all the
> low paid employees are telling me
>
> "we are getting sick from the mask".....at least
> thats whut all the low paid employees are telling
> me
>
> om doing this on behalf of the people
>
> eye didn't put on a mask in 2020 or 2021...
>
> if you masked up and left your basement fortress
> and actually talked to the people you would
> realize how much people are suffering frum having
> to wear the mask
>
> selfish asshole
>
> eye know plenty of people who are developing
> health problems frum having to re-breath their
> exhaled waste for 40 plus hours a week
>
> their doctors tell them to quit their job
>
> its called the great reset....and its not good
>
> extra special thanks to rural conservatives in
> this country...without you, nobody would be
> fighting against the global system of white
> domination's "plandemic"

No one is suffering from wearing a mask. Are you extra fragile or just stupid? Doctors have always worn masks during surgery. Pro athletes would wear them when it’s really cold. Navy Seals and SWAT teams are fully covered. Why does it seem to affect you so much? Are you sickly or just a pussy?

Date: April 15, 2021 12:26PM

>
> No one is suffering from wearing a mask. Are you
> extra fragile or just stupid? Doctors have always
> worn masks during surgery. Pro athletes would wear
> them when it’s really cold. Navy Seals and SWAT
> teams are fully covered. Why does it seem to
> affect you so much? Are you sickly or just a
> pussy?

once again fag boy....

eye don't wear a mask...eye only obey child trafficking pedophiles if its absolutely nessesary...

om doing this ON BEHALF OF THE PEOPLE...these are the complaints eye get frum massive amounts of people and eye promise them that eye will do everything eye can to destroy the faggots promoting the homosexual identifier mask....

got much better shit to do with my time....

grown man shit....you would never understand, bed wetter

if you weren't such an elitist fag boy and actually talked to the common man you would already know this...

Posted by: Allyouneed2know ()
Date: April 15, 2021 12:35PM

It is simple. In Sudan where this guy is from, only women are forced to run around wearing masks. He finds being forced to wear a mask is emasculating.

Date: April 15, 2021 12:44PM

immigrants are weak for the most part

they will go along with whatever is told just to get along and please massa

but peace to all the immigrants who have a spine aren't going along with the bullshit

Love you!

Posted by: Black Caulk ()
Date: April 15, 2021 12:54PM

the real General Mahdi Wrote:
> immigrants are weak for the most part
>
> they will go along with whatever is told just to
> get along and please massa
>
> but peace to all the immigrants who have a spine
> aren't going along with the bullshit
>
> Love you!

When I want the opinion of a sand nigger, I’ll go to my backyard with a shovel and dig up the last one that was fool enough to darken my doorstep.

Posted by: actual scientist ()
Date: April 15, 2021 12:58PM

OP's post is a document created as a result of a narrative review. Everyone needs to understand that it's not a study, not randomized and not controlled. Most of the posts here are effectively characterized as "narrative reviews".

All of the actual work done in the US via surveys of individuals being tested have found that mask usage by the public provides no material clinical benefit. The primary benefit is psychological in that the wearer feels as if they are making a difference, when in reality they are not. There are additional ancillary benefits and drawbacks to general mask usage depending on the material, how well fitted and the behavior of the user.

The additional narrative about "doctors wearing masks" is sadly misguided as well. Doctors do indeed wear properly fitted masks of appropriate material, however the patient does not wear a mask. The biggest issue here is both government insistence on continuing the false narrative for political purposes and the lack of education and intelligence by the general public to act as proponents of something that has no material clinical value.

Posted by: Fjshsjks ()
Date: April 15, 2021 02:15PM

actual scientist Wrote:
> OP's post is a document created as a result of a
> narrative review. Everyone needs to understand
> that it's not a study, not randomized and not
> controlled. Most of the posts here are
> effectively characterized as "narrative reviews".
>
> All of the actual work done in the US via surveys
> of individuals being tested have found that mask
> usage by the public provides no material clinical
> benefit. The primary benefit is psychological in
> that the wearer feels as if they are making a
> difference, when in reality they are not. There
> are additional ancillary benefits and drawbacks to
> general mask usage depending on the material, how
> well fitted and the behavior of the user.
>
> The additional narrative about "doctors wearing
> masks" is sadly misguided as well. Doctors do
> indeed wear properly fitted masks of appropriate
> material, however the patient does not wear a
> mask. The biggest issue here is both government
> insistence on continuing the false narrative for
> political purposes and the lack of education and
> intelligence by the general public to act as
> proponents of something that has no material
> clinical value.

Here’s the thing “actual scientist,” I literally write policy and clinical practice guidelines based on research and evidence so I don’t need you to explain research to me. There is no political motivation around masks. Those that recommend them are doing so because people are too stupid to take care of themselves. Just like the warning on a pack of cigarettes and seatbelt laws. Selfishly, I want people to do what they can do to stop this thing because I’m sick of it and want things back to normal.

Test your scientific prowess by explaining why in one of the only countries that this was made into a political issue, we have the worst infection and death stats...cause the average American is a fucking idiot and because people like you spread false information. Actual scientist...lol! How about you explain the benefits to using GRADE as an evidence grading technique vs. AGREE II and maybe I’ll pay attention to your response.

Posted by: Fhshsj ()
Date: April 15, 2021 02:20PM

And it’s not a narrative review. It’s a collection of observational evidence. Explain to me how you would design an RCT for this? Because the study design itself would be unethical and never approved by an IRB. That’s why there aren’t RCTs for things like those. Technically, there’s no RCT that explains the benefits of wearing a parachute when jumping out of a plane. Does that make the recommendation to wear a parachute any weaker?

Posted by: burring ()
Date: April 15, 2021 02:37PM

Viruses are so tiny that you need an electron microscope to see them. Anything made with fibers with interstitial spaces large enough to allow the passage of air in and out for our breathing is NO PROBLEM for the passage in or out by viruses. The wearing of a mask then is a scheme to keep the large and possibly virus-laden droplets in your spit, coughs and sneezes from travelling out into the air where the surrounding people will breathe them in, thereby spreading the disease. Be staying away from crowds and social distancing, they hope to lower the incidences in which the disease viruses can be spread at one time, keeping the medical facilities from getting overcrowded. Staying home away from crowds lowers the chances and probability that you will pick up any stray viruses and come down with the disease. Your lifestyle will in the end be the predictor of the probability of getting it anyway--kids and family members, friends, fellow students and groups living together in a house can be bringing it in from their own work, school, or play scenarios, and there are many out there which have no symptoms that can spread it every they go unmasked or masked.

Posted by: Actual Science ()
Date: April 15, 2021 02:54PM

For a mask to offer protection from inbound particles, it must be rated at least N95 or contain a HEPA filter. Both N95 masks and masks with HEPA filters will block the virus from entering your nose or mouth.

But how does the virus actually get into your cells? It comes in through receptors called "ACE2" receptors. These ACE2 receptors are very common in your nose, mouth, and eyes.

As such, most people get the virus by being in contact with someone who is contagious, then touching their eyes, nose, or mouth.

If you keep your hands clean and don't touch your face, your odds of not getting infected are much, much, much better than the average Joe.

Posted by: lil problem there ()
Date: April 15, 2021 02:59PM

Fhshsj Wrote:
> And it’s not a narrative review. It’s a
> collection of observational evidence. Explain to
> me how you would design an RCT for this? Because
> the study design itself would be unethical and
> never approved by an IRB. That’s why there
> aren’t RCTs for things like those. Technically,
> there’s no RCT that explains the benefits of
> wearing a parachute when jumping out of a plane.
> Does that make the recommendation to wear a
> parachute any weaker?

It's not a narrative review? Did you read the link you posted? I just clicked on it and it says it's a narrative review. The people that wrote it say it's a narrative review.

I don't think you really publish anything except bullshit if your work here is any indication.

Posted by: Fjshjs ()
Date: April 15, 2021 06:10PM

lil problem there Wrote:
> Fhshsj Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And it’s not a narrative review. It’s a
> > collection of observational evidence. Explain
> to
> > me how you would design an RCT for this?
> Because
> > the study design itself would be unethical and
> > never approved by an IRB. That’s why there
> > aren’t RCTs for things like those.
> Technically,
> > there’s no RCT that explains the benefits of
> > wearing a parachute when jumping out of a
> plane.
> > Does that make the recommendation to wear a
> > parachute any weaker?
>
>
> It's not a narrative review? Did you read the
> link you posted? I just clicked on it and it says
> it's a narrative review. The people that wrote it
> say it's a narrative review.
>
> I don't think you really publish anything except
> bullshit if your work here is any indication.

You are correct to correct me here although I still don’t read it as being a “narrative review” which doesn’t say much. It’s a typical evidence review more commonly called a “literature review.” So yeah, you are correct. You seem to indicate that such a “literature review” is of non scientific value when a collection of studies actually holds a higher power of evidence than many random trials.

Date: April 15, 2021 07:37PM

thanks to all the smart people who got a spine, and are willing to tell the truth

and a big old "kill yourself" to all the smart people, trying to make the lie appear to be the truth

here check out this video with Kristen Meghan and Tammy Clarke

"Kristen Meghan and Tammy Clark have 39 years of combined experience in Safety and Health risk mitigation, training and EHS Laws. We are the Scientists who work on the ground, in several industries, including medical facilities. Our career fields fall under Preventive Health. We are still awaiting the science that proves facial coverings are rated to protect against a virus, because since 1979, we have gained education and on the ground experience that completely contradicts the current narrative. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX3UeyBCaSk&t=82s

Kristen is more brave, more strong and more patriotic than most of you dudes

and she was one of the first people in the system to blow the whistle on the faggots spraying chemtrails in our skies

Posted by: Health Pro ()
Date: April 15, 2021 09:54PM

Not sure who "actual scientist" is but he has it right. There are no studies for masks, largely because most in the health profession know they would be a waste of time and would result in findings that masks for the public are useless if not potentially dangerous. The public is not fitted (as we health professionals regularly are), not trained and engage in horrible behavior that more than negates any benefit that a real mask could possibly have. It's really nothing more than a social crutch and many of us are shocked it has carried on this long.

Posted by: poopoopeedoo ()
Date: April 15, 2021 09:59PM

More and more people have stopped wearing masks at the store and elsewhere. So far there has been no great calamity from it.

I'd say give the mask thing a rest and worry about something else for a change. The odds of you contracting Covid and getting sick enough to die from it or require hospitalization are very, very low.

Time to live again.

Posted by: Don't Worry About That Mask ()
Date: April 16, 2021 09:27PM

Worry that narcotics users can lie on question 21 E about their weed use and buy a gun . Talk about "blazing large"
Attachments:
whatabout11E.jpg

Posted by: Mark j ()
Date: April 16, 2021 10:10PM

There is no research that masks help.

It’s time to grow some balls and stop wearing masks...come on, libtards, let’s STOP WEARING MASKS.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.