HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sujatha Hampton NAACP Fairfax County
Posted by: jdkht ()
Date: April 05, 2021 09:02AM

This lady sounds like your typical "solution looking for a problem" person. Oh, and she sounds like a fucking cunt. These people do nothing but cause FCPS to spend tremendous amounts of time, resources and money trying to appease a small group of narrowly focused individuals. Fuck her and her 90 member committee.

https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2021/04/fairfax-co-s-naacp-education-chair-on-building-an-anti-racist-school-system/

Sujatha Hampton, education chair for Fairfax County, Virginia’s NAACP branch, said that a lot has changed about her job over a year into the COVID-19 pandemic.

Hampton and her 90-member education committee work to close the achievement gap between white students and students of color in Fairfax County, and to bolster an anti-racist school environment.

Normally, she said, that mostly entails tracking down reports of racism by students in Virginia’s largest and most diverse school district. But this past year has been different.

“There are no more constant, never-ending racism claims, because kids are home,” she said. “SROs were not able to be involved with kids anymore. And principals, administrators … all of the racism complaints completely stopped.”

But as schools begin to reopen, there’s a new challenge — helping students who were impacted the most by the pandemic.

“What we are doing is pushing our school board,” Hampton said, by asking the question, “What are the specific remediations that are going to be in place for the disproportionate learning loss of Black and brown children? Because it was disproportionate.”

The long-term impact of remote learning on students is still statistically unclear, as many school districts remain online or in a hybrid learning model.

But researchers at Columbia University published a report that said, “Only 35% of white students were exposed to distance learning in October 2020, compared to more than half of Black, Hispanic, and Asian students. By December, rates of school closures spiked for all groups, though nonwhite students were still more likely to be learning remotely.”

The report also said students are “learning far less” in remote learning than in face-to-face learning.

That kind of learning disparity based on race can have far-reaching impacts, said Hampton, who took on her role at Fairfax’s NAACP after working with the Fairfax Democratic Party since 2016.

“I work in a race space. I talk about race all day long. I wake up in the morning, I talk about race. I talk about race all day long until I go to bed, and I wake up the next day, and I do it again,” Hampton said.

She said that education equity is “so fundamentally imbricated with human rights that it’s perhaps the most important thing that we do.”

She added that the disparities in society all start, “when you don’t give an equal education to a people over generations and generations … these things don’t change easily.”

The lack of day-to-day racism complaints has allowed Hampton and her committee to focus on policy change.

For example, Hampton said she is in the process of creating a coalition of NAACP branches across Virginia to help students improve literacy.

But one of her most important responsibilities is to hold those in charge at Fairfax County Public Schools accountable.

She said that even though she has a good relationship with Superintendent Scott Brabrand, she still has to hold him accountable because he’s responsible for other people’s children.

“You can’t be allowed to feel comfortable if you’re in a position of authority over children,” Hampton said. “You are not holding that trust as sacred as I do, or as we should. That’s not my job, to make you feel comfortable.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sujatha Hampton NAACP Fairfax County
Posted by: NAACP ()
Date: April 05, 2021 10:00AM

Would love to get ahold of little old nigger hatin me.
Attachments:
3E646E3D-F237-4EC7-9DA9-1000BA11F882.gif

Posted by: truthfully and shit ()
Date: April 05, 2021 10:02AM

“I work in a race space. I talk about race all day long. I wake up in the morning, I talk about race. I talk about race all day long until I go to bed, and I wake up the next day, and I do it again,” Hampton said.

^^^^ Here's your trouble. To the nigger, everything is about race. Every time we see someone black on TV now with an important title we think they were just appointed to that spot and weren't really qualified.

Do you think that's what the coons wanted? Or do they even care?

Posted by: Funny nigger names ()
Date: April 05, 2021 03:15PM

80’s nigger mom(dad never in picture):
“I’s name my son LeTravius.....

2020 apes:

“Hold my beer....”

Yogananda > Capitol police chief

Posted by: Pro Tip ()
Date: April 06, 2021 11:20AM

Man, niggers sure are a waste of time.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.