HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Monday 5/28 @ Jammin Java
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 23, 2007 07:52PM

Monday 5/28 @ Jammin Java

This is everyone's big opportunity to go see that Meade Skeleton guy LIVE IN CONCERT. BE THERE! lol

It'd be great if some people here showed up just to heckle him and cause mayhem. Like shout profanity the whole time, start a mosh pit, and get up in the middle of his set and try to stage dive and shit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Monday 5/28 @ Jammin Java
Posted by: cw ()
Date: May 23, 2007 08:09PM

Someone should buy tickets so Gravis and REston can park their butts in the front row.

Date: May 23, 2007 08:11PM

Once inside I bet the doors are locked so no one can leave.

I have got to hand it to Meade he has given the web site some new fodder since old Dirk moved on.

Posted by: El Mono Rojo ()
Date: May 23, 2007 08:26PM

http://www.elmonorojo.com/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 04:04PM by El Mono Rojo.

Posted by: MusicLoverVA ()
Date: May 23, 2007 08:27PM

they're called shows. Not concerts.

Date: May 23, 2007 09:27PM

they're called shows. Not concerts.

MEADE SKELETON MOTHERFUCKING HARDCORE ROCK AND ROLL

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: May 23, 2007 09:41PM

MusicLoverVA - you called us all "new moneyed carpetbaggers" and said you'd "had enough" of fairfaxunderground. So stop posting!

Re: people who deserved to be banned
Posted by: Robert (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2007 05:49PM

Don't worry aboot banning me. I've had enough of this place. It just speaks volumes about the kind of people who post here. New moneyed carpetbaggers the lot of 'em !

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: May 23, 2007 10:03PM

these "new money carpetbaggers" are the ones who are going to be supplying the money Skelton makes from his set a Jammin' Java. So obviously new money is just fine as long as it is going to Skelton.

Oh wait... that talentless fuck is playing for free because nobody in this area will actually pay him to puke up that rif-raf.

Date: May 23, 2007 10:31PM

are the ones who are going to be supplying the money Skelton makes from his set a Jammin' Java

I bet his cut at the door is less than 100 bucks. The venue doesn't even list him on their calendar.

I'm friends with bands that have played there as openers over the past year, and they were basically just happy with the free drinks.

Drink up Meade. Vienna loves you.

Posted by: My guess ()
Date: May 23, 2007 11:43PM

My guess is that nobody will show up. I would love to see this guy get heckled, but I seriously doubt reston penis and "Grabsdicks" gravis would ever come out of there caveholes and put there identities on the line to heckle these guys, or anybody else for that matter. But I bet there will be people from this sight, who will go and watch and see who this guy is, but be very quiet...like they are hunting for rabbits.

Date: May 24, 2007 12:16AM

Nice to see one of my stalkers come out of hiding. It proves I have more fans than Meade Skelton...

Date: May 24, 2007 01:44AM

Genevieve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MusicLoverVA - you called us all "new moneyed
> carpetbaggers" and said you'd "had enough" of
> fairfaxunderground. So stop posting!
>
>
> Re: people who deserved to be banned
> Posted by: Robert (IP Logged)
> Date: May 23, 2007 05:49PM
>
> Don't worry aboot banning me. I've had enough of
> this place. It just speaks volumes about the kind
> of people who post here. New moneyed carpetbaggers
> the lot of 'em !

Why do people keep on insisting that I'm Meade Skelton?
I just happen to be a fan ok. Hes just one of many artists that I listen to.

Date: May 24, 2007 01:45AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> these "new money carpetbaggers" are the ones who
> are going to be supplying the money Skelton makes
> from his set a Jammin' Java. So obviously new
> money is just fine as long as it is going to
> Skelton.
>
> Oh wait... that talentless fuck is playing for
> free because nobody in this area will actually pay
> him to puke up that rif-raf.

Meade Skelton is very talented and creative. Most people who lack creativity can't appreciate it.

Posted by: TrickiL ()
Date: May 24, 2007 10:12AM

Well I never heard of this skeleton person but I went to jammin Java once to see Alexa Joel. She is Billy Joel's daughter. She was very good in an indie sort of way. Too bad he divorded that pretty Christie Brinkley. Look what happened to her in her other marriages. That creep cheated on her.

Trickie

Date: May 24, 2007 10:32AM

TrickiL Wrote:
> Well I never heard of this skeleton person.....

Tricki, you kick ass. That was too funny.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: May 24, 2007 10:34AM

MusicLoverVA Wrote:
> Meade Skelton is very talented and creative. Most
> people who lack creativity can't appreciate it.

Ummm... "The Emperor has no clothes on."

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: May 24, 2007 10:53AM

One time while fishing in Montauk, Billy Joel buzzed us with his boat, the Alexa. The wake caused me to lose an expensive rod.
We pulled up anchor and followed him. Once we caught up we lobbed 1 oz lead weights at his sorry ass all the while singing Allentown. Billy didn't know the song we were singing because he was sauced out of his mind. HE got a BWI later that day.

Posted by: ya ()
Date: May 24, 2007 12:08PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> Nice to see one of my stalkers come out of hiding.
> It proves I have more fans than Meade Skelton...

No, no stalker here I just know you wouldnt ever have the balls to do something like that yourself. Im right 2, and everyone else here on the board knows it too. Your just some shit talker from fairfaxunderground.com, and thats all you will ever be pussy.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: May 24, 2007 04:36PM

496 Wrote:
> One time while fishing in Montauk, Billy Joel
> buzzed us with his boat, the Alexa. The wake
> caused me to lose an expensive rod.
> We pulled up anchor and followed him. Once we
> caught up we lobbed 1 oz lead weights at his sorry
> ass all the while singing Allentown. Billy didn't
> know the song we were singing because he was
> sauced out of his mind. HE got a BWI later that
> day.

And then we sued his sorry ass for violating Federal Anti-buzzing laws and we got his pension, and all the equity he had in his house!!!!

Posted by: Karaoke Kid ()
Date: May 24, 2007 04:47PM

ya Wrote:
> No, no stalker here I just know you wouldnt ever
> have the balls to do something like that yourself.
> Im right 2, and everyone else here on the board
> knows it too. Your just some shit talker from
> fairfaxunderground.com, and thats all you will
> ever be pussy.

LOL, yup certainly does take balls to stand in front of people and sing Meade Skelton songs LOL I'd never argue that point.

Date: May 24, 2007 04:48PM

The skelton bashing is funny but I still miss Dirk.

Posted by: ECON202 ()
Date: May 24, 2007 05:02PM

who the hell is meade skelton.. sounds like a fag

Date: May 24, 2007 06:27PM

Meade Skelton is a very handsome and talented young man from Richmond, Virginia. He plays keyboards and piano and sings. He does Alternative Country and Americana music.

The Richmond Paper did a feature article about him a few years ago:

Meade Skelton Chooses Who He Wants To Be.....
Pete Humes, Richmond Times Dispatch
Meade Skelton chooses to be who he wants to be

Meade Skelton chooses to be who he wants to be

'I always thought of myself as the Frank Sinatra type,' he says

BY PETE HUMES
TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER
Sunday, August 7, 2005

Meade Skelton is a big boy.

Mostly because he's a sucker for that rich, Southern comfort food you can smell a mile away: Lee's Chicken, Bill's Barbecue, Krispy Kreme.

But while his weakness for glazed doughnuts is typical, almost nothing else about the 26-year-old musician is.

In a local music scene better known for tattoos, monster riffs and cynical detachment, Skelton stands apart.

Honestly, he has no choice. In the city that spawned GWAR, Lamb of God and Avail, a husky piano player in a beige sports coat who uses words like "crummy" and "neat" doesn't exactly blend in.

"I come across as campy, a little old-fashioned," said Skelton, "but I always thought of myself as the Frank Sinatra type."

Meade Skelton isn't on the cover of any big-name music magazines. His latest album isn't generating huge underground buzz, and his performances don't pack the house.

Skelton's gigs are low-key, usually just him and his keyboard tucked into a coffeehouse, waiting in line at an open mike or singing for lunch patrons at the Farmers' Market.

He isn't even big in Japan.

So what's the story?

The story is that in an age where everything from the car you drive to the gum you chew is supposed to define you, this guy says no thanks, I'll do that myself.

The story is that a kid who was picked on in school for being fat and weird didn't grow up, drop 40 pounds and fall in line with the crowd. He stayed strange, ate lots of spoon bread and then put on a hat and sang like the holy reincarnation of Hank Williams.

"There aren't a lot of Meades around," said Brooke Saunders, founder of the Floating Folk Festival. "He's like Johnny Cash -- a total original."

Saunders met Skelton when the young musician handed him a demo tape. Saunders found the songs "rough but interesting" and invited Skelton to play with the musical collective in 2000.

"Two things he has going for him are an extraordinary voice and songwriting ability," said Saunders. "It's a rare combination."

Skelton grew up the youngest of five children in rural Loudoun County. On the farm he listened to records by Marty Robbins and Patsy Cline and learned how to play music by ear.

"I never thought I had a lot of talent," said Skelton. "I just like to be creative."

His soft, lilting drawl sounds like Mister Rogers doing "Gone With the Wind." He's well-mannered, humble and endearingly optimistic.

"I play simple and sincere. I don't know how to do it any other way," said Skelton.

When pressed, he describes his style as "country-politan," but not every composition calls for a cowboy hat.

Skelton shows range, switching from simple piano lounge love songs to more rollicking keyboard tunes that conjure Bruce Springsteen and Elton John.

Every so often he slips in a spiritual.

But even though Skelton believes deeply in God, he isn't out to convert anyone.

"I don't like to force church on people," said Skelton. "A lot of folks don't even know I'm Christian."

"Members just love him," said Judy Fiske, minister of music and youth at Tabernacle Baptist Church. "He's a very unique character."

Tabernacle Baptist, on the corner of Meadow and Grove in the Fan, was one of the first stops for Skelton when his family moved to Richmond in 1998.

Just out of high school, he joined the choir. Soon after, he persuaded church members to let him play his own songs. Now, every few months, Skelton plays a mix of classical, gospel and country songs for the 11 a.m. Sunday congregation.

"If I don't have him play, there is a list of people who tell me they want to see Meade," said Fiske.

Since 2001, Skelton has self-released three albums.

His debut, "Songs by Meade Skelton," is a tribute to classic country crooners. The second, "They Can't Keep Me Down," is a mishmash of country-pop ditties and catchy personal anthems.

Skelton said that after rough days at school, he'd come straight home and sing karaoke in his garage.

One has to imagine that those moments spawned brutally honest tunes like "Proud to Be Square," "They Called Me a Porker" and "What's So Great About Rock and Roll?" Skelton's simple songs capture teen angst just as well as any noisy grind from Linkin Park or System of a Down.

His latest, "Songs of Love," is a sappy but sincere collection of covers and standards. One of the album's two original cuts is "Nicole, Will You Marry Me?", a modest musical proposal to actress Nicole Kidman.

(She's been his muse since he saw "Batman Forever.")

On the off chance she says yes, the happy couple will have to move. There just isn't enough space for a Hollywood entourage in Skelton's Fan duplex.

He lives with his father, a retired accountant, on Floyd Avenue.

Skelton opened the door a crack and said, "Let me take the dog upstairs."

When he came back down, we walked to the "music room," a spare, almost empty, former dining room. A modest Baldwin piano sat tucked in the corner. Family photos crowded the fireplace mantel.

Skelton's mother passed away 15 years ago, but her face is everywhere. The old black and whites keep her young, a vision with good bones and immaculate complexion.

Skelton pulled out the piano bench and sat down. He stretched his fingers and walked them across the keys.

Rocking back and forth, he eased out short melodies. He apologized for not singing.

"Allergies," he said.

Above him, a gold-framed Jesus portrait hung on the wall. The top of the piano was bare, save for the small trophy Skelton won for his original classical piano composition, "Victory." He was 10 years old.

Success for Meade Skelton means a song in the Top 20. And even though he knows what he wants, he's in no hurry to get there.

"I realize that in Nashville I'd just be another wannabe," he said. "So I'm trying to work out my flaws while I'm still here."

For now, Skelton is content to shop his songs to small record labels and play all the local and regional gigs he can get.

"I don't try too hard with my image," he said, "I never try to be something I'm not."

And even though Skelton said he's given up Krispy Kreme . . . he's not letting go of the coat.

Contact Pete Humes at (804) 649-6733 or phumes@timesdispatch.com
This story can be found at: http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031784233136

Date: May 24, 2007 08:37PM

ya Wrote:

> No, no stalker here I just know you wouldnt ever
> have the balls to do something like that yourself.
> Im right 2, and everyone else here on the board
> knows it too. Your just some shit talker from
> fairfaxunderground.com, and thats all you will
> ever be pussy.

Dude, you called me "reston penis"... you are the same loser that lays in wait with that lame (insult?). I hate to bring out Robert's standard defense, but, I know you are a troll, but what am I ?

You are too much of a fucking coward to even reveal your identity to make it a real fight. You talk big game but you're just as much of a pussy, or more, than anyone you accuse of being one. You can say I am hiding behind a keyboard, but at least peole on here know my name, and know how to find me. You're never going to have the balls to place yourself in a vulnerable position.

But hey, if what you've brought so far is the best you got, then keep it up. Pretty weak.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: May 24, 2007 09:16PM

Meade Skelton has been noted in Wiki as a troll http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Mailer_diablo/Archive_K#Meade_Skelton

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2007 09:17PM by Lurker..

Date: May 24, 2007 09:24PM

red-skelton-c.jpg
"If I weren't dead, I would be at the courthouse changing my last name due to embarrasment"

Posted by: ya ()
Date: May 24, 2007 09:55PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> ya Wrote:
>
> > No, no stalker here I just know you wouldnt
> ever
> > have the balls to do something like that
> yourself.
> > Im right 2, and everyone else here on the board
> > knows it too. Your just some shit talker from
> > fairfaxunderground.com, and thats all you will
> > ever be pussy.
>
> Dude, you called me "reston penis"... you are the
> same loser that lays in wait with that lame
> (insult?). I hate to bring out Robert's standard
> defense, but, I know you are a troll, but what am
> I ?
>
> You are too much of a fucking coward to even
> reveal your identity to make it a real fight. You
> talk big game but you're just as much of a pussy,
> or more, than anyone you accuse of being one. You
> can say I am hiding behind a keyboard, but at
> least peole on here know my name, and know how to
> find me. You're never going to have the balls to
> place yourself in a vulnerable position.
>
> But hey, if what you've brought so far is the best
> you got, then keep it up. Pretty weak.

Im sure whoever these "people" who know you by name are the same little bitch boys who post with you here and you all go circle jerk after a round of fairfaxunderground.com shit talking.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: May 24, 2007 10:02PM

Nothing says quality like a live concert at "Jammin Java."

Posted by: Robert ()
Date: May 24, 2007 10:16PM

Listen here. Jammin' Java is high cotton. It was voted the best live music venue in the DC Area.

And for the last time- they are called shows. Not concerts.

Date: May 24, 2007 10:22PM

Nothing says quality like a live concert at "Jammin Java."

LOL.

FWIW, there are very cute waitresses there, and they have a real professional stage set-up.

On the other hand, the drink prices are expensive and the location doesn't lend itself very well to the music crowd that it deserves. A place like this in the city would be great. But in downtown Vienna, it's sorta ho-hum.

Date: May 24, 2007 10:25PM

ya Wrote:

>
> Im sure whoever these "people" who know you by
> name are the same little bitch boys who post with
> you here and you all go circle jerk after a round
> of fairfaxunderground.com shit talking.

Are you implying that RESton Peace is cheating on me? Time for a cat fight! Oooh - I've always wanted to fight in jello. Can we have jello? Please? Oooh and cool whip! Mmmm, cool whip.

Date: May 24, 2007 11:48PM

Can't we all just get along?

Posted by: erik ()
Date: May 25, 2007 07:42AM

MusicLoverVA Wrote:
> Meade Skelton is a very handsome and talented
> young man from Richmond, Virginia. He plays
> keyboards and piano and sings. He does Alternative
> Country and Americana music.
>
> The Richmond Paper did a feature article about him
> a few years ago:
>

Man, the Times-Dispatch has really gone downhill.

Can't we just call you the next Clay Aiken and be done with it?

Date: May 25, 2007 08:13AM

Clay Aiken probably had a job, a girlfriend, and a clue when he was a struggling musician.

Skelton has his hand on his dick when it's not on a piano.

Posted by: FairF4x0r ()
Date: May 25, 2007 09:06AM

Clay Aiken can actually sing. Meade Skelton cannot.

Date: May 25, 2007 10:19AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> Clay Aiken probably had a job, a girlfriend, and a
> clue when he was a struggling musician.
>
> Skelton has his hand on his dick when it's not on
> a piano.

True, and Meade does exude that Ted Haggard brand of christian repression.

Date: May 25, 2007 03:03PM

I'd like to help Skelton promote his concert but I need some help making the poster. Any suggestions?
Attachments:
skelton.gif

Date: May 25, 2007 03:30PM

FairF4x0r Wrote:
> Clay Aiken can actually sing. Meade Skelton
> cannot.

Meade Skelton can sing circles around Clay Aiken. He has an exceptional voice. It is not only good, its unique.

Date: May 25, 2007 03:34PM

Clay Aiken's voice is plastic. Its cookie cutter. Meade's voice is totally original.
He has a voice that you recognize right away like Johnny Cash or Elvis.

Clay Aiken is cookie cutter. You can't tell who's singing.

Date: May 25, 2007 03:43PM

God you're a fucking pussy, you can't stand up to anything.

Date: May 25, 2007 05:25PM

LOL Genevieve, that's fuckin funny

Date: May 25, 2007 08:38PM

Somebody didn't like Meade so they wrote that phoney review.

Here are real reviews:

http://www.lestercat.net/punchline/ContentDisplay.php?UID=354

Meade Skelton
Songs by Meade Skelton

At the fair age of 23, Richmond local, Meade Skelton has a talent and a voice that belie his years. Of the twelve songs on his album, nine are original, and they're written in that brilliant and persuasive way all good old country songs are. They catch you singing along that first time, and stick with you long after the steel guitar has wailed its last note. His tunes are delivered convincingly in a voice like the great bluegrass granddaddy Bill Monroe and with the hard-times flair of Johnny Cash. He pays tribute to the former in a remarkable rendition of "Blue Moon of Kentucky." And the demons of Cash come to the fore in "Down and Out," as Meade whines in the final line, "Life is misery; not my friend." "Squeezebox" from The Who is covered, as well as that old gospel favorite, "Just a Closer Walk With Thee." Meade's feverish piano playing compensates for the absence of Scruggs' banjo and Townsend's guitar. If you've never been to Sun Studios in Memphis, you should. But if you have, you'll understand me when I say Skelton's album is produced in the way those early classics were. It's not overdone, and you can hear exactly how he would sound live. Meade Skelton gets my full seal of approval. - April May

From the Little Grill, Harrisonburg, Virginia

We first met Meade when he showed up for our Thursday night Open Mic with an electric piano and a sports coat. He left that night having earned himself a roomful of new fans. There's something incredibly compelling about a person who is genuinely comfortable with being himself, even if that makes him an outsider. We're not talking about the leather-jacket-Marlon-Brando-born-to-ride variety of outsider. We're not talking retro-cool-indie-kid-with-nerdy-glasses outsider either. Oh no. We're talking about the kind of person who was picked on in school for being fat and weird and original and stayed that way, never selling out to what outside pressures told him he should be. And to top it all off, the guy has some killer tunes up his sleeve, and can really wail on the keys. So even if you're wearing all the right clothes and hanging out with all the right people and dropping all the right witty cultural references, when you come to the show you'll begrudgingly admit that Meade Skelton is ironically the coolest person in the room. Ironic, because as he says in his song, he's "Proud To Be a Square."

"Meade Skelton's big honky tonk sound with "Not That Lucky" is an ear grabber."
- Ames Arnold, Style Weekly

"Meade Skelton injects "Not That Lucky" with a bluesy swing sure to get a toe tapping."
- Melissa Ruggieri, Richmond Times Dispatch

"A Voice this good deserves a better production, but overall a good album"
- International Country Music Association Newsletter

"Meade Skelton's keys are superb. His full resonating vocals hit the majority of the time. His songs are deep and meaningful and with familiar themes. Meade has the potential to become the best thing that has ever come out of Richmond, VA."
-Robert Stutler, Richmond Music Journal

"Meade Skelton shows range, switching from simple love songs to more rollicking keyboard tunes".
-Pete Humes, Richmond Times Dispatch.

"Meade Skelton wasn't born yesterday, he was born in 1979, yet he understands old Country. Spiritual conviction and church piano testify:
"Today I watched you walk down the aisle, and I knew I was living a lie." -Walter Boelt, Richmond Music Journal"

"Meade Skelton has a talent and a voice that belie his years. Of the 12 songs on this album, nine are original, and they're written in that persuasive style all good old country songs are."
- April May, Punchline

"At times, Meade sounds like Dwight Yoakam at a Roy Orbison tribute, yet he still has own unique way with a phrase."
- Bob Brent, Country Standard Time

Date: May 25, 2007 10:19PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> I'd like to help Skelton promote his concert but I
> need some help making the poster. Any
> suggestions?

That tattered confederate flag is hilarious. Also, Nicole K. is an astute music listener.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 26, 2007 07:16AM

Genevieve Wrote:
> I'd like to help Skelton promote his concert but I
> need some help making the poster. Any
> suggestions?

that was a quality post!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: hold em' ()
Date: May 26, 2007 01:08PM

Meade is voice is like fingernails on a blackboard
Variety Magazine

Meade has made stock in earplugs go up 100%
Washington Post Style

Meade is to music what George Bush is to politics
Los Angeles Times

Meade can empty a room faster than anthrax
Readers Digest

Meades concert tickets prove you can still buy something for a dollar
Washington Times

Date: May 26, 2007 04:03PM

Fake, fake, fake !

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: May 29, 2007 11:40AM

Well, Well, Well, Looks like Meade won't be showing up. He's got a bad cold. Yeah right.

"I decided to take it easy so I probably won't go to the open mic up in Vienna today."

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: May 29, 2007 01:37PM

"Where Has All THe Sweet tea Gone?"

Bwhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaa CLASSIC

Posted by: Brian Wheat ()
Date: April 03, 2016 02:09AM

MusicLoverVA Wrote:

Are these real reviews?

> Somebody didn't like Meade so they wrote that
> phoney review.
>
> Here are real reviews:
>
> http://www.lestercat.net/punchline/ContentDisplay.

> php?UID=354
>
> Meade Skelton
> Songs by Meade Skelton
>

> At the fair age of 23, Richmond local, Meade
> Skelton has a talent and a voice that belie his
> years. Of the twelve songs on his album, nine are
> original, and they're written in that brilliant
> and persuasive way all good old country songs are.
> They catch you singing along that first time, and
> stick with you long after the steel guitar has
> wailed its last note. His tunes are delivered
> convincingly in a voice like the great bluegrass
> granddaddy Bill Monroe and with the hard-times
> flair of Johnny Cash. He pays tribute to the
> former in a remarkable rendition of "Blue Moon of
> Kentucky." And the demons of Cash come to the fore
> in "Down and Out," as Meade whines in the final
> line, "Life is misery; not my friend."
> "Squeezebox" from The Who is covered, as well as
> that old gospel favorite, "Just a Closer Walk With
> Thee." Meade's feverish piano playing compensates
> for the absence of Scruggs' banjo and Townsend's
> guitar. If you've never been to Sun Studios in
> Memphis, you should. But if you have, you'll
> understand me when I say Skelton's album is
> produced in the way those early classics were.
> It's not overdone, and you can hear exactly how he
> would sound live. Meade Skelton gets my full seal
> of approval. - April May
>
> From the Little Grill, Harrisonburg, Virginia
>
> We first met Meade when he showed up for our
> Thursday night Open Mic with an electric piano and
> a sports coat. He left that night having earned
> himself a roomful of new fans. There's something
> incredibly compelling about a person who is
> genuinely comfortable with being himself, even if
> that makes him an outsider. We're not talking
> about the
> leather-jacket-Marlon-Brando-born-to-ride variety
> of outsider. We're not talking
> retro-cool-indie-kid-with-nerdy-glasses outsider
> either. Oh no. We're talking about the kind of
> person who was picked on in school for being fat
> and weird and original and stayed that way, never
> selling out to what outside pressures told him he
> should be. And to top it all off, the guy has some
> killer tunes up his sleeve, and can really wail on
> the keys. So even if you're wearing all the right
> clothes and hanging out with all the right people
> and dropping all the right witty cultural
> references, when you come to the show you'll
> begrudgingly admit that Meade Skelton is
> ironically the coolest person in the room. Ironic,
> because as he says in his song, he's "Proud To Be
> a Square."
>
>
> "Meade Skelton's big honky tonk sound with "Not
> That Lucky" is an ear grabber."
> - Ames Arnold, Style Weekly
>
> "Meade Skelton injects "Not That Lucky" with a
> bluesy swing sure to get a toe tapping."
> - Melissa Ruggieri, Richmond Times Dispatch
>
> "A Voice this good deserves a better production,
> but overall a good album"
> - International Country Music Association
> Newsletter
>
> "Meade Skelton's keys are superb. His full
> resonating vocals hit the majority of the time.
> His songs are deep and meaningful and with
> familiar themes. Meade has the potential to become
> the best thing that has ever come out of Richmond,
> VA."
> -Robert Stutler, Richmond Music Journal
>
> "Meade Skelton shows range, switching from simple
> love songs to more rollicking keyboard tunes".
> -Pete Humes, Richmond Times Dispatch.
>
> "Meade Skelton wasn't born yesterday, he was born
> in 1979, yet he understands old Country. Spiritual
> conviction and church piano testify:
> "Today I watched you walk down the aisle, and I
> knew I was living a lie." -Walter Boelt, Richmond
> Music Journal"
>
> "Meade Skelton has a talent and a voice that belie
> his years. Of the 12 songs on this album, nine are
> original, and they're written in that persuasive
> style all good old country songs are."
> - April May, Punchline
>
> "At times, Meade sounds like Dwight Yoakam at a
> Roy Orbison tribute, yet he still has own unique
> way with a phrase."
> - Bob Brent, Country Standard Time

Posted by: floating folk ()
Date: September 29, 2017 03:49AM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.