HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
Centreville Batmobile Man Charged with secretly filming Westfield students in changing room!
Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: June 09, 2010 10:56PM

*Click link for Fox 5 News Video*

Va. Man Charged for Hiding Camera at Home During Post-Prom Party
Craig Dykstra was one of AOL's original employees

CENTREVILLE, Va. - FOX 5 has learned that one of AOL's original employees and developer of one if its first publishing platforms is in legal trouble.

Craig Dykstra is charged with using a hidden camera at a post-prom party at his Centreville home that took place early Saturday morning.

Court documents revealed a hidden video camera was discovered by two teenagers in a changing room. One of the teens gave that camera to his parents and they called police.

Authorities say on the camera, they found a video recording of at least eight to ten teenage boys and girls in bathing suits and towels. One adult female was also recorded in the nude.

According to sources and court documents, most of those attending the party attended Westfield High School.

Dykstra has been charged with unlawful filming, videotaping or photographing of another. Authorities say this is a misdemeanor and Dykstra could face one year in prison if convicted.

Authorities conducted a search of Dykstra’s home on Monday evening. They seized numerous computers, cell phones and cameras from the home.

FOX 5’s Matt Ackland attempted to speak to Dykstra at his home but the woman who answered the door said he was not home and that there would be no comment.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/virginia/va-man-charged-for-hiding-camera-at-home-during-post-prom-party-060910

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Centreville Batmobile Man Charged with secretly filming Westfield students in changing room!
Posted by: Good Job ()
Date: June 09, 2010 11:14PM

This information is popping up in 4 different threads, good job General Lee.

Re: Centreville Batmobile Man Charged with secretly filming Westfield students in changing room!
Posted by: llama ()
Date: June 09, 2010 11:38PM

Who were the boys who found it?

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: June 09, 2010 11:48PM

Does this guy have any high school aged children, or any relation to a teacher or employee of the school? I ask, because if he doesn't, then he's weird for hosting such a party anyhow.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: bulldog 08 ()
Date: June 10, 2010 12:20AM

He has a daughter who is graduating, and another daughter who graduated 2 years ago.He loves his two children and opens his home to any of their friends for safe and sober parties. Craig Dykstra is an amazingly kind man who has hosted many parties in the past without any incidents.

Honestly, the whole incident smells funny. If filming children is his thing, there have been many parties at his house that have been way more crowded and offer him much more to film. I also have doubts that someone with his kind of money and technical experience would be dumb enough to place a camera where it could be found, considering he could easily purchase more sophisticated and stealthy equipment. At the very least, a man with as much to lose as him could get prostitutes to fulfill his fantasies. Furthermore, what kind of kid discovers a video camera in a changing room, takes it home, and then tells his parents about it later? If you were there one who found the camera, wouldn't you inform your friends that they were not safe?

Posted by: cho ()
Date: June 10, 2010 01:03AM

Westfields - heorin ond whores.

Oh wait, I forgot murderers.

Posted by: WestfieldJunkStar ()
Date: June 10, 2010 06:59AM

wow

Posted by: Centreville ()
Date: June 10, 2010 07:57AM

bulldog 08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is an amazingly kind man who has hosted many
> parties in the past without any incidents.
>
there have been
> many parties at his house that have been way more
> crowded and offer him much more to film.

Because that's not a kid toucher's M.O. or anything like that. No, No, No, they don't have all sorts of cool stuff and an impressive house filled with more cool stuff and have a lot of the younger crowd over to hang out. Nope, not at all.

Posted by: centreville guy ()
Date: June 10, 2010 08:14AM

WOW, strange how google blocks out much of the news about this guy.....

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: June 10, 2010 09:01AM

He just wanted to be loved. Is that so wrong?

Posted by: Armed Parent ()
Date: June 10, 2010 09:36AM

General Lee Wrote:
> *Click link for Fox 5 News Video*
>
> Va. Man Charged for Hiding Camera at Home During
> Post-Prom Party
> Craig Dykstra was one of AOL's original employees
>
> CENTREVILLE, Va. - FOX 5 has learned that one of
> AOL's original employees and developer of one if
> its first publishing platforms is in legal
> trouble.
>
> Craig Dykstra is charged with using a hidden
> camera at a post-prom party at his Centreville
> home that took place early Saturday morning.
>
> Court documents revealed a hidden video camera was
> discovered by two teenagers in a changing room.
> One of the teens gave that camera to his parents
> and they called police.
>
> Authorities say on the camera, they found a video
> recording of at least eight to ten teenage boys
> and girls in bathing suits and towels. One adult
> female was also recorded in the nude.
>
> According to sources and court documents, most of
> those attending the party attended Westfield High
> School.
>
> Dykstra has been charged with unlawful filming,
> videotaping or photographing of another.
> Authorities say this is a misdemeanor and Dykstra
> could face one year in prison if convicted.
>
> Authorities conducted a search of Dykstra’s home
> on Monday evening. They seized numerous computers,
> cell phones and cameras from the home.
>
> FOX 5’s Matt Ackland attempted to speak to Dykstra
> at his home but the woman who answered the door
> said he was not home and that there would be no
> comment.
>
> http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/virginia/va-man-ch
> arged-for-hiding-camera-at-home-during-post-prom-p
> arty-060910
>
> http://media2.myfoxdc.com//photo/2010/06/09/CraigD
> ykstra_20100609182531_320_240.JPG

SICK. To Bulldog 08 - You sound like a moron. If the claims are true the guys is caught red handed. If the camera is his property and its in HIS house recording who do you think was the one who set this up? Please go on about what a great guy he is.. When the police search all the computers and other things taken from the house we will find out whats up. Everyone has the right to a fair trial and is innocent until proven guilty so I will reserve my judgements until then.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: June 10, 2010 10:02AM

bulldog 08 Wrote:
> Honestly, the whole incident smells funny. If
> filming children is his thing, there have been
> many parties at his house that have been way more
> crowded and offer him much more to film. I also
> have doubts that someone with his kind of money
> and technical experience would be dumb enough to
> place a camera where it could be found,
> considering he could easily purchase more
> sophisticated and stealthy equipment. At the very
> least, a man with as much to lose as him could get
> prostitutes to fulfill his fantasies. Furthermore,
> what kind of kid discovers a video camera in a
> changing room, takes it home, and then tells his
> parents about it later? If you were there one who
> found the camera, wouldn't you inform your friends
> that they were not safe?

Agreed. I know a lot of tech guru's and if they wanted to video tape people they would certainly set up all sorts of crazy spy cameras. Tech guru's would probably get off more on the actual technology of the cameras and spying then the actual pictures.

This sounds more like some kid at the party doing this unless the device was built into some wall or house fixture. If FCPD charged the guy there must some evidence that he is involved.

Let's be honest, if someone wants to video tape you they are going to find a way. Spy camera's can be hidden in ANYTHING these days from shoes to a common pen. It's ridicules that some places ban cell phones with cameras. Cell phones are the least of peoples worries, they are obvious.

Funny how the new rage is adults trying to become famous by promoting their "secret sex tape." The crazy part is it works. Once a "secret sex tape" is released the person become 5 times as popular.

EDIT: And let's not forget all the new MP3 players that now take HD video.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2010 10:09AM by Lurker..

Posted by: mike source ()
Date: June 10, 2010 11:03AM

he just wanted to make sure that the kids were not having sex, doing illicit drugs, or stealing an extra slice of pizza.

Posted by: Robin ()
Date: June 10, 2010 11:05AM

Does he really have a Batmobile?

Posted by: Qwest ()
Date: June 10, 2010 11:07AM

Robin Wrote:
> Does he really have a Batmobile?

Yes, pay attention! We covered this topic about a month ago.

Date: June 10, 2010 11:13AM

Posted by: oops ()
Date: June 10, 2010 11:22AM

On the beginning of the tape there is video of him placing and adjusting the camera. Case closed. At least one media outlet has reported this.

Date: June 10, 2010 11:36AM

Maybe someone was holding a gun to his head just off camera? Sounds like a setup.

Note to self: Do not hit record button until camera is perfectly placed.

Posted by: Source??? ()
Date: June 10, 2010 11:44AM

oops Wrote:
> On the beginning of the tape there is video of him
> placing and adjusting the camera. Case closed. At
> least one media outlet has reported this.

Not what I read....source?

Posted by: Scared for my life ()
Date: June 10, 2010 12:13PM

I am scared! I live on Trillium House Lane, a few houses down from the Dykstra's, and I fear that my children were taped at one of his parties. That pedophile should seriously get the maximum sentence.

We live in a high-quality, high-class neighborhood. This is unacceptable. This is Virginia RUn, for pete's sake. We are better than that. We are not in the mood to hear anything more about how bad our community is becoming.

Craig Dykstra and his albino daughters are all sickos! We're scared and moving. We'd even consider moving to Herndon, that's how bad things are getting here!

Posted by: P.E. Teachers Anonymous ()
Date: June 10, 2010 12:28PM

Scared for my life Wrote:
> We live in a high-quality, high-class
> neighborhood.

Yea right... Virginia Run is not a "high class" neighborhood anyway. Unless you were speaking of the countless drug dealers.

Posted by: Robin ()
Date: June 10, 2010 12:32PM

Qwest Wrote:
> Robin Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Does he really have a Batmobile?
>
>
> Yes, pay attention! We covered this topic about a
> month ago.

Oh yes, right. It is not like I live on this forum, stepping out front every once in awhile to sweep off the front door mat, you idiot.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 10, 2010 12:37PM

> That
> pedophile should seriously get the maximum
> sentence.

Even if the charges turn out to be true, in secretly taping high school grads they were likely 18, which is probably why he was charged with unlawful videotaping and not a sexual abuse charge. You can call him a "sicko" or a "pervert" if he is convicted but I doubt pedophilia is the correct term here.

But this may actually be an interesting case. If a family placed nanny-cams in all rooms of a house including bathrooms, do they have an obligation to tell anyone? Is placing a camera on your own property a crime and is there a lawful expectation of privacy for guests on someone else's property? Does the law say where one can and cannot place a camera (security or otherwise) on their own property?

I'm not defending what he has been accused of, I'm wondering if one can be convicted for a crime of placing cameras on their own property.

edit to add: here is a link that says it is illegal in thirteen states to place cameras in places where privacy is expected (bathrooms, changing rooms) but Virginia wasn't one of the states listed: http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/about-hidden-camera-laws.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2010 12:42PM by pgens.

Posted by: I Video ()
Date: June 10, 2010 12:52PM

pgens Wrote:
> here is a link that says it is
> illegal in thirteen states to place cameras in
> places where privacy is expected (bathrooms,
> changing rooms) but Virginia wasn't one of the
> states listed:
> http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/about-hidden-cam
> era-laws.html

it is illegal in all states to place a camera with the intention of capturing images of someone in the nude without there knowledge or consent.

Posted by: Langian case ()
Date: June 10, 2010 12:53PM

Lurker. Wrote:
"If FCPD charged the guy there must some evidence that he is involved."

Look at the Sean Lanigan case. A jury cleared him in minutes, but his reputation is ruined. I know the camera was there, but his involvement? That's the question. Could have been a daughters boyfriend, house guest, house worker.....

Posted by: Lanigan is a PEDI ()
Date: June 10, 2010 01:01PM

Langian case Wrote:
> but his reputation is ruined.

that was the best part about it.

Date: June 10, 2010 01:01PM

I Video Wrote:
> pgens Wrote:
> -----
> > here is a link that says it is
> > illegal in thirteen states to place cameras in
> > places where privacy is expected (bathrooms,
> > changing rooms) but Virginia wasn't one of the
> > states listed:
> >
> http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/about-hidden-cam
>
> > era-laws.html
>
>
> it is illegal in all states to place a camera with
> the intention of capturing images of someone in
> the nude without there knowledge or consent.

Please cite the Virginia law that says this... I couldn't find it and posted a link that says Virginia doesn't have that. I don't disbelieve you, but a guess or assumption doesn't add to the discussion.

Posted by: I Tape ()
Date: June 10, 2010 01:07PM

pgens Wrote:
> Please cite the Virginia law that says this... I
> couldn't find it and posted a link that says
> Virginia doesn't have that. I don't disbelieve
> you, but a guess or assumption doesn't add to the
> discussion.

are you just an idiot? or do you have ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder)?

Date: June 10, 2010 01:12PM

Interesting it is only illegal in thirteen states. I'm betting with his money, a good lawyer and this being a first offense he'll get a fine and probation.

In two years it will be cleaned from his record.

Taking pictures a crime... I can think of far worse crimes than taking pictures.

I wonder if it is a crime to VIEW the private video tapes of another person without consent?

The next time I go to someones house I'm going to check their video cam recordings to make sure everything is legal. LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2010 01:17PM by Lurker..

Posted by: poopypants ()
Date: June 10, 2010 01:13PM

hahaha batmobile man used to live right down the street from me next to the sully 2 pool in cville. never knew he was such a creeper....

Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: June 10, 2010 01:32PM

Source??? Wrote:
> oops Wrote:
> -----
> > On the beginning of the tape there is video of
> him
> > placing and adjusting the camera. Case closed.
> At
> > least one media outlet has reported this.
>
> Not what I read....source?

Fox 5 did mention this on the broadcast last night. They said that on the film you can see a person set the camera there; however, they were not able to confirm that was indeed Dykstra.

Date: June 10, 2010 01:36PM

General Lee Wrote:

> Fox 5 did mention this on the broadcast last
> night. They said that on the film you can see a
> person set the camera there; however, they were
> not able to confirm that was indeed Dykstra.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here.... I'm guessing the person setting the camera up is probably Dykstra.

Date: June 10, 2010 01:37PM

General Lee Wrote:

Thanks, that's what I remember.

Posted by: Jerkin VonGurkin ()
Date: June 10, 2010 01:39PM

Currently in Virginia, there are laws that prohibit the videotaping or filming of another and the illegal interception of a wire, electronic or oral communication.

Virginia Code §18.2-386.1 makes it a crime to videotape, photograph or film a non-consenting person who is totally nude or clad in undergarments, or in a state of undress, so as to expose that person's private parts and the circumstances are such that that person has a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Also if there was audio recording involved then that brings in a whole new set of charging under the wire act. Virginia Code §19.2-61 et.

Posted by: oops ()
Date: June 10, 2010 01:41PM

They could not have gotten a search warrant and seized his computers/storage devices if it wasn’t him on the tape. They aren’t releasing this detail for obvious reasons, but just connect the dots.

Date: June 10, 2010 01:42PM

Here we go. I love the way it starts out with "It was so nice for them to open their home and pool up to everyone."

http://www.qcomet.com/photos/billp/aolparty/index.html

Posted by: Question!!! ()
Date: June 10, 2010 01:52PM

General Lee Wrote:
-------------------

How would Fox 5 know this unless they had a copy or had seen the tape?

From the way they worded it, it sounds like a first hand account that they have seen the tape.

Posted by: Newie ()
Date: June 10, 2010 01:56PM

Never question FOX 5 news!

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: June 10, 2010 01:59PM

Should there not be charges against the kids that "stole" the camera from the house? I wont be surprised if they first made a copy for themselves, before telling their parents what they had found...stolen.

Date: June 10, 2010 02:00PM

Lurker. Wrote:
> Here we go. I love the way it starts out with "It
> was so nice for them to open their home and pool
> up to everyone."
>
> http://www.qcomet.com/photos/billp/aolparty/index.
> html

How come no muckety-mucks are in the pool?

Date: June 10, 2010 02:06PM

I Tape Wrote:
> are you just an idiot? or do you have ODD
> (Oppositional Defiance Disorder)?

Lame and unhelpful, shoo.

Jerkin VonGurkin Wrote:
> Virginia Code §18.2-386.1 makes it a crime

Helpful, thank you!

Date: June 10, 2010 02:09PM

Steve Wrote:
> Should there not be charges against the kids that
> "stole" the camera from the house? I wont be
> surprised if they first made a copy for
> themselves, before telling their parents what they
> had found...stolen.

Interesting point. Why would the kids take the camera home?

And why didn't they tell the other kids about it, ask about it, or call the Police right then?

I'm beginning to think the same thing that some others posted earlier, that this whole thing just "smells funny".

Posted by: anonymoose ()
Date: June 10, 2010 02:19PM

I say we burn him at the stake! GUILTY!

Date: June 10, 2010 02:19PM

Question!!! Wrote:
> Why would the kids take the
> camera home?
>
> And why didn't they tell the other kids about it,
> ask about it, or call the Police right then?
>

Maybe one kid saw the camera.. and rewound it to see what it was recording. called his parents who said to take the camera and bring it to them before calling the po po's. also the kid may have also told the other kids about it. Also for all we know, the camera could've been a full size video camera hidden in a houseplant as opposed to one of those spy cameras that they sell on the internet.

Posted by: Steve1 ()
Date: June 10, 2010 02:29PM

anonymoose Wrote:
> I say we burn him at the stake! GUILTY!

What country are we in again???

Oh yeah the United States of Convict a Person in the Press Instead of the Court of Law. I almost forgot.

Date: June 10, 2010 02:50PM

anonymoose Wrote:
> I say we burn him at the stake! GUILTY!

There was a houseful of young people. Most likely, anyone of them, as savvy as the owner. Sexting is a daily ritual with some. Don't be too quick to judge this situation without more evidence presented.

Posted by: skeptical ()
Date: June 10, 2010 03:44PM

I know the people involved here and the kids who were at the party. While it is a very disturbing situation that needs full investigation, I think we need to remember the adage of "innocent until proven guilty." Craig, his wife and his daughters are all in a very difficult situation...perhaps deserved on his part, but certainly not on theirs. He has always been very well-respected in the community and deserves the chance to defend himself. He and his family have been gracious and giving members of our community and I personally find this difficult to believe about the person that I know. If this is untrue, they are going through an absolute nightmare. If it is true, then my heart absolutely breaks for his wife and daughters. Either way, a tragedy. How about some compassion, at least for his family?

Posted by: asd;lfkjsad;lfk ()
Date: June 10, 2010 03:49PM

Batmobile guy's house was featured on MTV Teen Cribs check it out...

http://www.mtv.com/videos/teen-cribs-season-2-ep-2-gannon-wyatt-amy-and-annies-cribs/1629339/playlist.jhtml

skip to around halfway (11:20 mns) thats where it starts

They even show the infamous dressing room...lol

Posted by: RugbyPlayer ()
Date: June 10, 2010 03:54PM

skeptical Wrote:
way, a tragedy. How about some
> compassion, at least for his family?

Compassion? Here? This is Fairfax Underground. They routinely mock dead people and call them wormfood.

You'd get more compassion from a priest if you were a greased up altar boy.

Posted by: Bob in Southeast Loudoun ()
Date: June 10, 2010 04:15PM

R"e: Centreville Batmobile Man Charged with secretly filming Westfield students in changing room!
Posted by: Jerkin VonGurkin ()"

+1 for the name.

Date: June 10, 2010 04:23PM

skeptical Wrote:
If this is untrue, they are going through an absolute nightmare. If it is true, then my heart absolutely breaks for his wife and daughters. Either way, a tragedy. How about some compassion, at least for his family?

Well said.

Date: June 10, 2010 04:25PM

An original employee of and software developer for America Online has been arrested by Fairfax County police for allegedly placing a hidden camera in a changing room next to the pool at his home in Centreville and secretly filming teenagers.

Craig D. Dykstra, 51, apparently was hosting a pool party after the Westfield High School prom early Saturday, Fairfax police said.

A teenaged boy discovered a digital video camera hanging on a pair of shorts, removed it and gave it to his parents, who turned the camera over to police, according to a search warrant affidavit filed Monday in Fairfax Circuit Court.

Police watched the videos recorded on the night of the party and first saw "a white male in his 50s positioning the camera in the dressing room and re-adjusting the camera after it was put in place," the affidavit by Detective Nickolas Boffi states.

The video then captured eight teenaged boys and girls in bathing suits and towels and at least one girl totally naked. Police identified the girl and she said she did not consent to be filmed, Boffi wrote.

The affidavit noted that other pool parties were held at Dykstra's house and a secret camera may have been used.

Police searched Dykstra's house on Trillium House Lane on Monday and seized 12 computers, 20 data storage units, two video storage units, seven cameras and five cell phones, court records show. Dykstra was charged Tuesday with a misdemeanor of unlawful filming, Fairfax police spokeswoman Lucy Caldwell said.

Dykstra's arrest was first reported by Fox 5 News.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2010 04:29PM by Lurker..

Date: June 10, 2010 05:35PM

Well Lurker, that narrows it down....immensely. Sad!

Posted by: flabby ()
Date: June 10, 2010 05:47PM

So is he in jail now?

Posted by: noodle ()
Date: June 10, 2010 06:13PM

dont drop the soap mr dykstra hahah

Posted by: stfu ()
Date: June 10, 2010 06:40PM

> I am scared! I live on Trillium House Lane, a few
> houses down from the Dykstra's, and I fear that my
> children were taped at one of his parties. That
> pedophile should seriously get the maximum
> sentence.
>
> We live in a high-quality, high-class
> neighborhood. This is unacceptable. This is
> Virginia RUn, for pete's sake. We are better than
> that. We are not in the mood to hear anything more
> about how bad our community is becoming.
>
> Craig Dykstra and his albino daughters are all
> sickos! We're scared and moving. We'd even
> consider moving to Herndon, that's how bad things
> are getting here!

Wow, really? -- I hope this is sarcasm.

I live in VA Run also. Its a bunch of stuck-up, narcissistic middle class white people living in their cookie-cutter homes. VA Run sucks.

Posted by: Haha ()
Date: June 10, 2010 07:26PM

They said it is better in Herndon. It must be a joke!

Posted by: secret ()
Date: June 10, 2010 08:27PM

You know what, shut up about westfield thats not funny. This is a serious matter. His daughters are very embarrased. So just get out of here if you have nothing nice to say.

Posted by: AFREIND ()
Date: June 10, 2010 08:30PM

YO u guyz suck craig just hung out wit da wrong crowd but hes a nice guy on da insiyd he jus made a few mistaks dont WE ALL and chill cuz da kidz are hurtin too if u don like it get out PEACE OUT

Posted by: yo dawg ()
Date: June 10, 2010 08:44PM

hmm pretty difficult to read your post when your talking like some thug wannabe... looks like you never passed english. go back to school

Posted by: logical explanation ()
Date: June 10, 2010 09:08PM

Knowing how fucked up Westfield kids are...

-Daddy probably didn't let his daughter max out her credit card for prom, and this is a sick way to get back at him. Sounds crazy I know, but the more I hear about Westfield the more like a Lifetime Movie everything seems.

Posted by: H-Twonie ()
Date: June 10, 2010 09:37PM

Herndon, is immensely better than Centreville and Chantilly. Obviously you people are going to the wrong parts. Overall, this is NOVA people, everywhere is quite well off compared to the rest of the country and world. Be thankful for what you have, and stop being such stuck up, close-minded, and pompous assholes.

Posted by: Inquiring Mind ()
Date: June 10, 2010 09:38PM

Is that the real Batmobile from the tv show?

WOW

That car is Awesome

Posted by: informer ()
Date: June 10, 2010 09:38PM

lets think about the poor girl who was filmed naked... talk about being violated when she felt safe in a friends home

Posted by: Inquiring Mind ()
Date: June 10, 2010 09:54PM

informer Wrote:
> lets think about the poor girl who was filmed
> naked... talk about being violated when she felt
> safe in a friends home

I dont care about the girl

I am more worried about what is going to happen to the car.

BATMAN_gif.jpg

Date: June 10, 2010 10:06PM

informer Wrote:
> lets think about the poor girl who was filmed
> naked... talk about being violated when she felt
> safe in a friends home

Oh please!

It's 2010! The girl probably has more incriminating pictures on her cell phone that she has sent to friends. Get over it. This is the 2000 year were kids are sexting, trading videos of friends having sex and posting half nude pics to groups on facebook.

Posted by: the_recording_de-wice ()
Date: June 10, 2010 10:17PM

found a link to the recording device... it's the same one used to put up the bat signal:

http://video.bhinsights.com/content/spy-vs-spy-pencam.html

Posted by: disk_hard_on ()
Date: June 10, 2010 10:20PM

The computers will most likely be the demise of this guy if he's been up to bad stuff... It sounds like he's been having lots of parties and when you have 12 computers + 20 STORAGE UNITS, and you're no longer developing software... what do you do with that stuff? Hmm... besides encrypt it, I'm guessing you store lots of video footage on it....

Posted by: foolio ()
Date: June 10, 2010 10:23PM

Qwest Wrote:
> informer Wrote:
> -----
> > lets think about the poor girl who was filmed
> > naked... talk about being violated when she
> felt
> > safe in a friends home
>
> Oh please!
>
> It's 2010! The girl probably has more
> incriminating pictures on her cell phone that she
> has sent to friends. Get over it. This is the
> 2000 year were kids are sexting, trading videos of
> friends having sex and posting half nude pics to
> groups on facebook.

The difference is you have CONSENTING MINORS engaging in this behavior with each other; in AOLguy's case, he is an adult filming minors without consent, a crime, for which he is being charged.

Posted by: diddle ()
Date: June 10, 2010 10:25PM

hahah hes been wanking to his daughters friends all this time

Posted by: lala ()
Date: June 10, 2010 10:30PM

I agree with diddle did anyone watch MTV Teen Cribs he said his favorite part of having his amazing house was viewing his pool when it was filled with his daughters friends... Enough said

Posted by: Brandon ()
Date: June 10, 2010 10:31PM

His brother Lenny must be so mad right now.

Posted by: pooplicker ()
Date: June 10, 2010 10:53PM

lala Wrote:
> I agree with diddle did anyone watch MTV Teen
> Cribs he said his favorite part of having his
> amazing house was viewing his pool when it was
> filled with his daughters friends... Enough said

yup here it is:
http://www.mtv.com/videos/teen-cribs-season-2-ep-2-gannon-wyatt-amy-and-annies-cribs/1629339/playlist.jhtml

skip to about halfway thats where it starts. they even show the changing room lol

Date: June 10, 2010 11:20PM

Yup, 16:00 in the video is a walk-through of the changing room by his daughters. Complete with shorts hanging on the wall.

It's a little strange that Dykstra in video says one of the reasons he built the house was to "have a safe environment for his kids and their friends."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2010 11:26PM by Lurker..

Posted by: wtf? ()
Date: June 10, 2010 11:30PM

why is this pgens guy defending a potential pedophile?

Posted by: WestfieldJunkStar ()
Date: June 10, 2010 11:55PM

I bet once they start going through mr. dykstra's computers things are going to get a bit worse for him. Misdemeanor filming of 18 year olds isnt that bad when you have 75 million dollars and you are retired at 50. Wait till they find his little home movies from before these kids were 18, then he got felony kiddie porn production on his hands.

Posted by: What would ROBIN do? ()
Date: June 10, 2010 11:58PM

the_recording_de-wice Wrote:
> found a link to the recording device... it's the
> same one used to put up the bat signal:
>
> http://video.bhinsights.com/content/spy-vs-spy-pen
> cam.html

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Date: June 11, 2010 07:32AM

wtf? Wrote:
> why is this pgens guy defending a potential
> pedophile?

That's exactly what I'm doing when I point out the victims were likely all 18. You should consider a career in forensic science, or perhaps make yourself available for the next OJ Simpson jury with an intellect like yours.

foolio Wrote:
> he is an adult filming minors
> without consent, a crime, for which he is being
> charged.

I think he would have gotten a different charge if any of them were minors. He may have just lucked out on that, it is possible to have 17-year-old high school graduates I think. But if he's placing cameras in a changing room I'm guessing we'll see further charges once they get done combing through his pr0n collection.

Posted by: Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha... ()
Date: June 11, 2010 07:35AM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

MotivateJoker1.jpg

Posted by: lala ()
Date: June 11, 2010 08:29AM

Half the prom group were jrs not graduating so it is likely there were 17 year olds.

Posted by: Abcd Aliof ()
Date: June 11, 2010 12:14PM

If this is what you think of people, before they have been proven guilty, then you should move. ALso, please dont call blonde, innocent girls, albino's. THey are very nice girls and I find it sad that you would bring them into this. It just goes to show how ingnorant you are. Please let us know where you move to so we can avoid that area!

Posted by: dude ()
Date: June 11, 2010 12:47PM

Abcd Aliof Wrote:
> If this is what you think of people, before they
> have been proven guilty, then you should move.
> ALso, please dont call blonde, innocent girls,
> albino's. THey are very nice girls and I find it
> sad that you would bring them into this. It just
> goes to show how ingnorant you are. Please let us
> know where you move to so we can avoid that area!

ummm actually those "nice girls" used to live on my street and they are complete stuck up, spoiled bitches. ALBINOS! (im blonde by the way) haha

Posted by: AllbyneHo ()
Date: June 11, 2010 01:25PM

Abcd Aliof Wrote:

> ALso, please call blonde, innocent girls,
> albino's.

Do you think all blondes are albino? ... because we all know that they are. ALBINO
Attachments:
albino.jpg

Posted by: Worried in Centreville ()
Date: June 11, 2010 02:23PM

It's hard to feel sorry for the Dykstra children, after they have flaunted their wealth to the entire WHS community through their lavish pool parties and narcissistic behavior. I go to school with the younger daughter and she walks around, pretentiously stuck-up and pining for attention, when in reality, nobody likes her because she has constantly bragged about her "humongous" house and MTV Cribs appearances.

Outside of the theatre community, for which the Dysktras are big donors and supporters (they hold post-musical parties there constantly), the Dykstras have no sympathy from the WHS community. Their name is synonymous with pretentious and narcissistic and they are the epitome of rich, spoiled, and ignorant.

On her Facebook, the daughter is constantly going on and on about how she is getting so many friend requests as a result of the incident. Seriously? This is a representation of the fact that the Dykstras deserve NO sympathy from the general public.

The Dykstras asked for publicity once they appeared on "MTV Cribs", pining for attention by constantly granting newspaper interviews and asking to be in the limelight. Now that the limelight has soured, they are trying to run away from it and asking the public to leave them alone. Really? That sounds like a serious double-standard to me.

Hopefully this will be a moment of reflection for them; hopefully they realize that their pretentiousness and spoiled attitudes have been a boon to their entire reputation. And now it's ruined even more, now that we're finding out that the father is practically a pedophile.

I have no sympathy for these people. Put this guy in jail. It will be a wake-up call for the Dykstras and this entire community!

Posted by: Scared for my life ()
Date: June 11, 2010 02:32PM

Do you seriously think I'm being sarcastic?

Virginia Run is a neighborhood of high quality -- we even have a round-the-clock neighborhood watch to ensure that the influences of the nearby London Towne community do not rub off on us.

Please send Craig Dykstra to jail! Not only is he a peeping tom who has infiltrated our community and our children, but he is a wacko with weird hair. His Batmobile is tacky and his house sticks out like a sore thumb. We are a neighborhood of conformity.

This should be a wake-up call to Westfield's theater community! WHS gets such a bad reputation for people like Cho and Kennedy, but it is really the theater department that is corrupting our children, with their scary plays and homosexual children and liberal views and wacky children and Amy/Annie Dykstra.

We're very worried over here in Virginia Run! One of my neighbors has a son who has been to the Dykstra house and was even there after prom, and he changed in that room. His parents fear that he was caught on tape and exploited, and that Craig Dykstra may even have replayed the video. What a sicko!

Our community doesn't deserve this. Maybe London Towne or southern Centreville, but we are better than this here in the prestige that is Virginia Run! People like Craig Dykstra, rich or not, are ruining our neighborhood and destroying our reputation.

SEND HIM TO JAIL AND RESTORE THE HIGH CLASS AND POSTERITY OF VIRGINIA RUN!

Posted by: sicko ()
Date: June 11, 2010 02:37PM

pgens Wrote:

>
> Even if the charges turn out to be true, in
> secretly taping high school grads they were likely
> 18, which is probably why he was charged with
> unlawful videotaping and not a sexual abuse
> charge. You can call him a "sicko" or a "pervert"
> if he is convicted but I doubt pedophilia is the
> correct term here.
>
> But this may actually be an interesting case. If
> a family placed nanny-cams in all rooms of a house
> including bathrooms, do they have an obligation to
> tell anyone? Is placing a camera on your own
> property a crime and is there a lawful expectation
> of privacy for guests on someone else's property?
> Does the law say where one can and cannot place a
> camera (security or otherwise) on their own
> property?

oh I get it, it's all better that the kids were slightly over 18. it's nice to know you're more concerned by the legal theory behind this charge more than you are the welfare of people's children.

Posted by: stfu ()
Date: June 11, 2010 02:43PM

> Do you seriously think I'm being sarcastic?
>
> Virginia Run is a neighborhood of high quality --
> we even have a round-the-clock neighborhood watch
> to ensure that the influences of the nearby London
> Towne community do not rub off on us.
>
> Please send Craig Dykstra to jail! Not only is he
> a peeping tom who has infiltrated our community
> and our children, but he is a wacko with weird
> hair. His Batmobile is tacky and his house sticks
> out like a sore thumb. We are a neighborhood of
> conformity.
>
> This should be a wake-up call to Westfield's
> theater community! WHS gets such a bad reputation
> for people like Cho and Kennedy, but it is really
> the theater department that is corrupting our
> children, with their scary plays and homosexual
> children and liberal views and wacky children and
> Amy/Annie Dykstra.
>
> We're very worried over here in Virginia Run! One
> of my neighbors has a son who has been to the
> Dykstra house and was even there after prom, and
> he changed in that room. His parents fear that he
> was caught on tape and exploited, and that Craig
> Dykstra may even have replayed the video. What a
> sicko!
>
> Our community doesn't deserve this. Maybe London
> Towne or southern Centreville, but we are better
> than this here in the prestige that is Virginia
> Run! People like Craig Dykstra, rich or not, are
> ruining our neighborhood and destroying our
> reputation.
>
> SEND HIM TO JAIL AND RESTORE THE HIGH CLASS AND
> POSTERITY OF VIRGINIA RUN!

Okay, now I'm sure you're being sarcastic.
The word "prestige" and Virginia Run being mentioned in the same sentence gave you away

Date: June 11, 2010 02:48PM

> One of my neighbors has a son who has been to the
> Dykstra house and was even there after prom, and
> he changed in that room. His parents fear that he
> was caught on tape and exploited, and that Craig
> Dykstra may even have replayed the video.

How could Craig have replayed the video if 2 boys found the camera and took it?

Posted by: oldperv ()
Date: June 11, 2010 05:27PM

sicko Wrote:

> oh I get it, it's all better that the kids were
> slightly over 18. it's nice to know you're more
> concerned by the legal theory behind this charge
> more than you are the welfare of people's
> children.

How can anyone possibly be hurt by something they didnt even know happened?

of course i am assuming that he is only using the video for his own masturbatory purposes and maybe sharing it with a few friends....

Posted by: deal. ()
Date: June 11, 2010 06:05PM

Okay,
the girls have absolutely nothing to do with this whole situation, it is completely sick that grown adults would bring someone else's children into this sticky situation. If your children were in the same situation, would you want them to be ostracized? No. And its not fair to do so to the dykstra girls. You say they are stuck up and what not, when, at the same time you go on to brag about your honorable neighborhood of virginia run. You need to leave the poor girls alone. They are dealing with enough as it is, they don't need personal insults to be involved. You, my friends, are the sickos, the ones who call out these innocent girls. If you were that successful/wealthy, I am POSITIVE you would find it difficult not to be cocky as well. With that said, they have used their money for good things, such as donating to the community and WHS. Be grateful, be logical. C'mon guys, leave the poor girls alone.

And the whole mtv thing, that they built the house for the safe environment for friends...that line is used on EVERY MTV teen cribs show. The parents ALWAYS say that...it has NOTHING to do with the personal opinion of the dykstra's. Learn a little before you bad mouth other people, because you have absolutely NO room to talk. Sickos.

Posted by: mspaprika53 ()
Date: June 11, 2010 06:17PM

I feel sorry for the children of this family.Because of the father what he did the children are going to have a hard time.This guy should be put behind bars to rot.They should shock him everytime he looks a pic of kids or anyone undressing.Craig you are a sick man and I hope you go to hell for this

Posted by: Weedling ()
Date: June 11, 2010 07:00PM

> Do you seriously think I'm being sarcastic?
>
> Virginia Run is a neighborhood of high quality --
> we even have a round-the-clock neighborhood watch
> to ensure that the influences of the nearby London
> Towne community do not rub off on us.
>

I no longer use drugs however I used to go into Virginia Run to buy drugs and especially weed from 2 of the dealers that i knew that lived in there. Sure there was a lot of drugs in London Towne however we never fucked with any of their shit mainly because it was all shit weed. The rich people have the good stuff. Keep going to your neighborhood watch meetings and feeling a false sense of security, when in actual fact your kid is skipping school and smoking weed as we speak.

Posted by: YouJumpToGuilty ()
Date: June 11, 2010 07:30PM

mspaprika53 Wrote:
> I feel sorry for the children of this
> family.Because of the father what he did the
> children are going to have a hard time.This guy
> should be put behind bars to rot.They should shock
> him everytime he looks a pic of kids or anyone
> undressing.Craig you are a sick man and I hope you
> go to hell for this

OK folks. Calm Down.

Now there are several things that have already been posted, and I'm sure much more to come --- (and I know that the "Puns" will follow that comment)

1. There was a Party at the Dykstra's Home. -- Not unusual.
2. All these people were "supposedly recorded" on video by a Camera in a pair of shorts. -- more on this in a bit.
3. Adults were there as well, since a Female adult is "Supposedly" seen naked.
4. An Un-Identified Man, In his 50's, is seen placeing the camera -- more on this in a bit as well.
5. 2 Boys find the camera after atleast 10-12 were in that room and did see it.

Now forget about Virginia Run being a "slum" or a "nice" neighborhood, that is just your own perception. -- and who care if he owns a big house on a very secluded lot, out of view of the VA Run community? Look on the VA Run website, his home is NOT part of VA Run, but he must drive thru it to get to any major road.

Now, back to the shorts with the camera... I 10+ people walk into a room and no-one noticed a pair of shorts on the wall with a "Boner" and Lense sticking out, can this be a trusted account of what was there?

Un-Identified Man. Uh, If the guy placing the camera was on the video, and in his 50's, and it WAS Mr. Dykstra, the Police would have most certainly been able to confirm that by his looks.

----

As for the "Albino"/blonde thing, stop being retards. This family is going thru enough, and calling blonde's Albino's is just you showing you're stupidity. I know Blonde Corporate Executives, and No, they didn't get there farking their way up the ladder.

I know One Blonde, and Ex-CIA agent that even man would fall for and she could take you out in a second.

----

Another thing, only 2 or 3 News outlets have posted stories of this event.

THINK about it... AOL GUY, Video, this would be National News.

AND, check the Police and VA websites. Mr. Dykstra was not arrested, nor charged. And the Kids that found the Camera should have left it there and reported it, so the Police could Finger Print it. -- I'm sure so many hands have been on that Camera that it will not even be admissable in Court.

PLUS, as someone posted earlier, the boys that found the camera took it home. They stole it UNLESS it was Theirs.

And, let's just suppose for a minute, some kid has a video camera, walks around, films a few seconds of Mr. Dykstra, then places the camera in the changing room. He later retrieves it, takes it home, and shows his parents... Most likely to get $$$, or so the kid thinks.

----

Here is the MAJOR Problem: Only 2-3 News sources have any info on this. Ffx. Co. Police have NONE.

Mr. Dykstra WAS NOT CHARGED OR ARRESTED, because "they" can't tell who this 50 year old man is.

And, They Don't even admit they have anything "worth while".

"Video of 8-10 teemage boys in swim suits." And that is IF you believe the Post way above, which does not appear anywhere on the web.

If this Incident were true, it would have went "Viral" on the Web. But search and you find 2 from Fox 5, and then the guy from the WaPo who posted about it on a "Blog", no even in the Newspaper.

---

And for all you BatMobile Haters, wait until I get my MadMax Interceptor, then you'll really hate Fairfax.

Posted by: pedi ()
Date: June 11, 2010 07:37PM

YouJumpToGuilty Wrote:
> Mr. Dykstra WAS NOT CHARGED OR ARRESTED, because
> "they" can't tell who this 50 year old man is.
>

Stop posting your nonsense. he has been charged. check the fairfax county police website on the news release section. Go crawl back under your bridge, troll.

Posted by: Question! ()
Date: June 11, 2010 07:51PM

pedi Wrote:
> YouJumpToGuilty Wrote:
> -----
> > Mr. Dykstra WAS NOT CHARGED OR ARRESTED,
> because
> > "they" can't tell who this 50 year old man is.
> >
>
> Stop posting your nonsense. he has been charged.
> check the fairfax county police website on the
> news release section. Go crawl back under your
> bridge, troll.

Source??

Just Checked. No Dykstra.

So go crawl under your rock idiot.

Posted by: mmx ()
Date: June 11, 2010 08:24PM

YouJumpToGuilty Wrote:
> mspaprika53 Wrote:
> -----
> > I feel sorry for the children of this
> > family.Because of the father what he did the
> > children are going to have a hard time.This guy
> > should be put behind bars to rot.They should
> shock
> > him everytime he looks a pic of kids or anyone
> > undressing.Craig you are a sick man and I hope
> you
> > go to hell for this
>
>
> OK folks. Calm Down.
>
> Now there are several things that have already
> been posted, and I'm sure much more to come ---
> (and I know that the "Puns" will follow that
> comment)
>
> 1. There was a Party at the Dykstra's Home. --
> Not unusual.
> 2. All these people were "supposedly recorded" on
> video by a Camera in a pair of shorts. -- more on
> this in a bit.
> 3. Adults were there as well, since a Female
> adult is "Supposedly" seen naked.
> 4. An Un-Identified Man, In his 50's, is seen
> placeing the camera -- more on this in a bit as
> well.
> 5. 2 Boys find the camera after atleast 10-12
> were in that room and did see it.
>
> Now forget about Virginia Run being a "slum" or a
> "nice" neighborhood, that is just your own
> perception. -- and who care if he owns a big
> house on a very secluded lot, out of view of the
> VA Run community? Look on the VA Run website, his
> home is NOT part of VA Run, but he must drive thru
> it to get to any major road.
>
> Now, back to the shorts with the camera... I 10+
> people walk into a room and no-one noticed a pair
> of shorts on the wall with a "Boner" and Lense
> sticking out, can this be a trusted account of
> what was there?
>
> Un-Identified Man. Uh, If the guy placing the
> camera was on the video, and in his 50's, and it
> WAS Mr. Dykstra, the Police would have most
> certainly been able to confirm that by his looks.
>
> ----
>
> As for the "Albino"/blonde thing, stop being
> retards. This family is going thru enough, and
> calling blonde's Albino's is just you showing
> you're stupidity. I know Blonde Corporate
> Executives, and No, they didn't get there farking
> their way up the ladder.
>
> I know One Blonde, and Ex-CIA agent that even man
> would fall for and she could take you out in a
> second.
>
> ----
>
> Another thing, only 2 or 3 News outlets have
> posted stories of this event.
>
> THINK about it... AOL GUY, Video, this would be
> National News.
>
> AND, check the Police and VA websites. Mr.
> Dykstra was not arrested, nor charged. And the
> Kids that found the Camera should have left it
> there and reported it, so the Police could Finger
> Print it. -- I'm sure so many hands have been on
> that Camera that it will not even be admissable in
> Court.
>
> PLUS, as someone posted earlier, the boys that
> found the camera took it home. They stole it
> UNLESS it was Theirs.
>
> And, let's just suppose for a minute, some kid has
> a video camera, walks around, films a few seconds
> of Mr. Dykstra, then places the camera in the
> changing room. He later retrieves it, takes it
> home, and shows his parents... Most likely to
> get $$$, or so the kid thinks.
>
> ----
>
> Here is the MAJOR Problem: Only 2-3 News sources
> have any info on this. Ffx. Co. Police have
> NONE.
>
> Mr. Dykstra WAS NOT CHARGED OR ARRESTED, because
> "they" can't tell who this 50 year old man is.
>
> And, They Don't even admit they have anything
> "worth while".
>
> "Video of 8-10 teemage boys in swim suits." And
> that is IF you believe the Post way above, which
> does not appear anywhere on the web.
>
> If this Incident were true, it would have went
> "Viral" on the Web. But search and you find 2
> from Fox 5, and then the guy from the WaPo who
> posted about it on a "Blog", no even in the
> Newspaper.
>
>
> ---
>
> And for all you BatMobile Haters, wait until I get
> my MadMax Interceptor, then you'll really hate
> Fairfax.

Very well put, and thank you for taking the time to post this. Unfortunately this is FU and most of the idiots that respond (with the exception of the regulars-for the most part) are trolls looking for a rise out of those of us who just want to read the facts.

Date: June 11, 2010 08:39PM

mmx Wrote:
Very well put, and thank you for taking the time to post this. Unfortunately this is FU and most of the idiots that respond (with the exception of the regulars-for the most part) are trolls looking for a rise out of those of us who just want to read the facts.
+1

Date: June 11, 2010 08:40PM

sicko Wrote:
> oh I get it, it's all better that the kids were
> slightly over 18. it's nice to know you're more
> concerned by the legal theory behind this charge
> more than you are the welfare of people's
> children.

I am interested in the legal theory, what happened happened and it can't be rewound. I never said what he did was right, never said a legal theory was more important than the victimization, and if I have an angle on the story to discuss that I think will make good conversation I will raise it it. If that pisses you off for some reason, I really don't care.

And yes, legally for him it is a shitload better if they are over 18.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2010 08:49PM by pgens.

Posted by: Brandon ()
Date: June 11, 2010 08:42PM

Baseball bat justice from the family either way is deserved. Just remember all the nonsense from having to deal with AOL back in the day and it'll be easier to pull off.

Posted by: Snapple ()
Date: June 11, 2010 08:58PM

Brandon Wrote:
> Baseball bat justice from the family either way is
> deserved. Just remember all the nonsense from
> having to deal with AOL back in the day and it'll
> be easier to pull off.

"Police believe the attack was conducted by an angry mob armed with sharpened AOL CDs."

But seriously people, let the justice system do its job. Believe me, the news stations don't give a shit about anything but ratings. And sometimes the prosecutors don't care about the truth either, just look at that teacher that was just acquitted on groping a girl.

Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.