HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Got pulled over tonight
Posted by: Random Dude ()
Date: June 08, 2010 01:31AM

Hey guys I got pulled over tonight. I'll relay to you in full detail the incident.

So me and two other friends were at a Seven Eleven. The wall where we usually sit was doused in water so we decided to sit at the Starbucks' benches above. We were there for approximately an hour and over time four police cars had accumulated at the Seven Eleven parking lot where my car was. We eventually decided to call it a night and pulled out of the lot.

As we were leaving I was pulled over maybe a quarter of a mile the way down the road by two police cars that had followed us from Seven Eleven. The officer asked what we were doing at the benches and we told them we were just talking about jobs. He then proceeded to ask for license and registration which I willingly gave to him. He then introduced himself in a very polite fashion and told me that an object was dangling from my car. The other officer was behind my car watching our actions as the officer who confronted me ran my name and number through the system.

After about ten minutes the officer returned with my license and registration saying everything was fine and to have a nice night. Before we drove away I inquired as to what object was dangling from my car to which he pointed at my abundance of air fresheners and my parking pass.

Thoughts and comments denizens of Fairfax Underground?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Got pulled over tonight
Posted by: lozl ()
Date: June 08, 2010 02:10AM

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: June 08, 2010 02:36AM

Ha, Ffx. Co., the one place on Earth where an air freshener will get you lit up by the red-and-blues.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: robonscanner ()
Date: June 08, 2010 06:49AM

It was a hot area. They were doing other related investigations and you hapened to be at the wrong place and wrong time. Fx police suck? I now that for a fact. Still they had to because someone was doing something right where you were. I can almost asure you 10 other unmarked vehicles were on you prior to that. They called the marked patrols so they would still be under cover. The guys that stoped you were just the flufers. They wanted top see what your reaction would be. They can always get you for resisting arrest. I always tell them to fuck themself and that im not resisting arrest. Just to make sure. Fore the most part they were doing their job. What time was it?

Posted by: think ()
Date: June 08, 2010 06:55AM

Legitimate stop, obstructed view violation. Note to self, read drivers manual. Rules are few and easy.

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: June 08, 2010 06:56AM

Everyone knows that the only reason people buy car air fresheners is to hide the sweet smell of Mary Jane. You're lucky they didn't drag your ass into the ADC, Mr. Smokey McSmokesalot.

Posted by: beck ()
Date: June 08, 2010 07:43AM

Don't forget that county cops are trigger happy and they always get cleared no matter the circumstances so watch it

You think they'd stop hassling me if i wore a ski mask when driving around

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: June 08, 2010 08:07AM

think Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Legitimate stop, obstructed view violation. Note
> to self, read drivers manual. Rules are few and
> easy.

I've said this before but there are about a dozen "freebee" things that police can use to pull you over. GPS's on the windshield, license plate frames, etc. Most of these things are actually *NOT* in the driver's manual, but are in the Virginia code. Here's the particular one for this traffic stop:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-1054

Familiarize yourself with chapter 46.2, particularly chapter 10

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+TOC46020000010000000000000

Posted by: BeenThere ()
Date: June 08, 2010 08:17AM

And they didn't frisk you or search the car?

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: June 08, 2010 08:49AM

fucking criminal.

Posted by: e(e)sh ()
Date: June 08, 2010 09:07AM

ยง 46.2-1054. Suspension of objects or alteration of vehicle so as to obstruct driver's view.

It shall be unlawful for any person to drive a motor vehicle on a highway in the Commonwealth with any object or objects, other than a rear view mirror, sun visor, or other equipment of the motor vehicle approved by the Superintendent, suspended from any part of the motor vehicle in such a manner as to obstruct the driver's clear view of the highway through the windshield, the front side windows, or the rear window, or to alter a passenger-carrying vehicle in such a manner as to obstruct the driver's view through the windshield. However, this section shall not apply (i) when the driver's clear view of the highway through the rear window is obstructed if such motor vehicle is equipped with a mirror on each side, so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle, (ii) to safety devices installed on the windshields of vehicles owned by private waste haulers or local governments and used to transport solid waste, or (iii) to bicycle racks installed on the front of any bus operated by any city, county, transit authority, or transit or transportation district.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-1054

Posted by: Qwest ()
Date: June 08, 2010 09:40AM

Get yourself some dark tinted windows so they can't see all that shit hanging from your mirror. Add a MADD sticker and a couple of police fundraiser stickers and they will never pull you over.

Posted by: Radom Dude ()
Date: June 08, 2010 12:18PM

Very interesting commentary. Thanks for the responses. And robonscanner it was about midnight when we left. The particular reason for the mass amount of air-fresheners is because my friends and I all suffer from extreme gastrointestinal disorders. Without the air-fresheners my car would be literally insufferable to the point where I would pass out from the smell whilst driving. I know that what I did was illegal, but at the same time is it not worth it to preserve the safety of our fair community from my unpredictable episodes of unconsciousness?

Posted by: Jenkemrunner ()
Date: June 08, 2010 12:45PM

I can vouch for that. I keep a bottle of shit in your car for recreational drug use.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 08, 2010 12:46PM

Qwest Wrote:
> Get yourself some dark tinted windows so they
> can't see all that shit hanging from your mirror.
> Add a MADD sticker and a couple of police
> fundraiser stickers and they will never pull you
> over.

+1, and don't forget the neon runners which will also take away attention from the mirror. And rip off that front license plate, why do you need two?

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: June 08, 2010 03:34PM

trogdor! Wrote:
> think Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Legitimate stop, obstructed view violation.
> Note
> > to self, read drivers manual. Rules are few and
> > easy.
>
> I've said this before but there are about a dozen
> "freebee" things that police can use to pull you
> over. GPS's on the windshield, license plate
> frames, etc. Most of these things are actually
> *NOT* in the driver's manual, but are in the
> Virginia code. Here's the particular one for this
> traffic stop:
>
> http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+co
> d+46.2-1054
>
> Familiarize yourself with chapter 46.2,
> particularly chapter 10
>
> http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+co
> d+TOC46020000010000000000000

If they pull you over for most of that, they're just being an ass. When an officer I know in Newport News found out that in Ffx. you can get stopped solely for window tints, he damn near fell over laughing. In most areas they only bother with your tints as a secondary offense.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: June 08, 2010 03:59PM

Qwest Wrote:
> Get yourself some dark tinted windows so they
> can't see all that shit hanging from your mirror.
> Add a MADD sticker and a couple of police
> fundraiser stickers and they will never pull you
> over.

LMAO As if Fraternal Order of Police bumper stickers gives anyone immunity from traffic citations.

Posted by: tommy ()
Date: June 08, 2010 05:24PM

Talking about Jobs... How Gay is that???

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: June 08, 2010 07:24PM

I got pulled over in CA once for window tint and he told me the air freshener was illegal as well. This was California Highway Patrol so lots of depts do it.

Date: June 08, 2010 08:11PM

did you get a speeding ticket on 2006 ?

Date: June 09, 2010 03:16AM

Well tommy allow me to lift the fog on our conversation. Despite the fact that we were talking about jobs, the content of the jobs can be rather interesting to a select few. You see we were actually transporting mass amounts of air fresheners to a place unknown to any man where we keep the bodies of our victims. We simply needed them to alleviate the overwhelming stench of decaying flesh. I said that I would be the perfect man for the job but Jenkemrunner, my friend, said that we should involve a third party. I reluctantly agreed. So if anyone is willing to traverse the fourth and fifth dimensions located in the depths of tommy's vast multidimensional anus, please contact either Jenkemrunner or myself.

Also robonscanner, I did not receive a speeding ticket in 2006. I consistently maintained an average velocity mere fractions away from the speed of light at all times whilst driving in hopes to obtain as many tickets as possible. Unfortunately the Fairfax County Police refused to give me a speeding ticket due to the fact that documenting my speed would be cumbersome and laborious seeing as how it was longer than eight digits. They were rather reasonable about the entire situation.

Date: June 09, 2010 07:29AM

Just checking. They were on somebody around 1215 am. Running his plates and such. I was wondering if you were the one that they were running his plates. It was really no big deal the day that they stop you. They usually talk some shit about the people that they stop. The dispacher and the scout that stop you were very objective. They really had nothing with you. I can understant. Is like back in the days when I used to drive a Baja Bug 1973. SHit, got pulled over every fricking day for no reason. Some times it was my mufflers, that I can understand. The rest was just me and my car, nothing ever proven wrong. Just doiing their job. I don't like them at all but some times those guys really do their job.

Posted by: RCG239 ()
Date: June 11, 2010 01:59AM

talking about jobs on a picnic table next to 7-11 at night? and your usual spot next to the wall was wet. are you a daylaborer? lucky you weren't talking to the police as a victim instead. that's a legit stop, especially with your slightly odd activity before hand.

Posted by: Blonde_babe21 ()
Date: June 11, 2010 02:38AM

I always make sure they get a good eyeful of my 38DD's... a nice flash just gets me a warning

Posted by: your loss my humor ()
Date: June 11, 2010 06:35AM

didnt read

hint: cliff notes

your loss my humor

Date: June 11, 2010 04:29PM

RCG239 Wrote:
> talking about jobs on a picnic table next to 7-11
> at night? and your usual spot next to the wall was
> wet. are you a daylaborer? lucky you weren't
> talking to the police as a victim instead. that's
> a legit stop, especially with your slightly odd
> activity before hand.

Yes. During the day I endure very laborious jobs. The majority of which involve your mother, myself, and the bathroom of many Seven Elevens. Your conception was of the utmost sophistication and class if I recall correctly. Flavored condoms, 32 ounce slurpees, and to top it all off, a mild flavored meat patty afterward. It was indeed a beautiful night son.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.