HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Amphora
Posted by: Snackbar ()
Date: January 04, 2021 09:40PM

When was the last time you went to Amphora?
Well ya better go soon, they are closing in 2 weeks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Amphora
Posted by: Vinnie Vienna ()
Date: January 04, 2021 11:10PM

I did a gig behind there last weekend.

I'll go to the one in Herndon. They have Spanish food there.

Posted by: VGH Manager ()
Date: January 04, 2021 11:32PM

If Amphora closes, VGH might look into buying that building. It would be a lot more space for our operations than working outside the caboose. Especially in the colder weather.

Posted by: Why Are They Closing ()
Date: January 05, 2021 12:33AM

Are the owners going on a vacation, whats up

Posted by: e6xxj ()
Date: January 05, 2021 04:36AM

I work nights and would always see FCPD and State Police Cruisers in the parking lot late at night/early morning at the Vienna Amphora. Beginning a couple of years ago I never saw them there again. I always found that strange. They were there consistently for years...like a decade.

Posted by: thisiswhy ()
Date: January 05, 2021 05:11AM

e6xxj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I work nights and would always see FCPD and State
> Police Cruisers in the parking lot late at
> night/early morning at the Vienna Amphora.
> Beginning a couple of years ago I never saw them
> there again. I always found that strange. They
> were there consistently for years...like a decade.

They were picking up Asian hookers and walking over to the Wolftrap hotel with them leaving their police cars at the Amphora. One of them finally got caught in the act.

Posted by: five O ()
Date: January 05, 2021 05:17AM

For realz - we used to go there for drunken breakfast at 2:00 - 3:00 a.m. some times and we quit going because there was ALWAYS cops there. They were just eating, but still.

Posted by: Hernon Amphora: Que Suerte! ()
Date: January 05, 2021 07:37AM

Chinga tu madre, puta

Posted by: Cheese Cake for 1 ()
Date: January 05, 2021 10:49AM

They owned a diner in Alexandria on Van Dorn St?

Posted by: Bloke Who Wore The Big Grey Hat ()
Date: January 05, 2021 02:51PM

>I work nights and would always see FCPD and State Police Cruisers in the parking lot late at night/early morning at the Vienna Amphora.

It is precisely off the Nutly I-66 exit lad where VSP is out in force 24/7. Whist FXPD does indeed patrol through Vienna in route to Fairfax Oakton Tysons McLean now lad is that so queer . What is odd is their disappearing act of sorts . You know lad back then the Arthur Treachers was still open on Lee Highway just a wee bit away from that same exit and when one of the big grey hats spoke so fondly in his native British accent of that hot battered fried fish the chips and the Fanta that comical looking girlish long haired pot smokes would order to cool their bongs , all the other officers headed there and that was that as they gave loud Hip Hip Hurrays for Arthur Treachers !! When they gave leave of their delish repast very carefully consumed in booths inside with generous supplies of paper toweling so as not to spoil the dry cleaned blue and grey uniforms with fishy smelling grease by the big grey hats in 30 minutes:00 seconds flat in and out the door giving 10-7 Arthur Treachers and 10-8 I 66 west to the VSP dispatcher. The Fairfax Co PD lads ate in their cars ready to pounce upon local thugs nearby as they crossed the city county line into Fairfax , the officers were called "road dogs" and shared the cars as they ran them 24/7 giving rise to calls of "Dont Be Pigs eating in the cars" from their fellow officers not like the very clean and professional VSP troopers whose much more powerful interstate interceptor units were assigned to them since the birth of them as troopers at the Midlothian Turnpike North Chesterfield VSP training center heading out to their assigened new units or as lads say cars after graduating in uniform sworn to protect and serve all those in the Commonwealth of Virgina and were admonished to indulge in such greasy fish and burger fare inside their units many times in their rigorous long training session and long after lad

Cheers ! And thanks for the memories of such cheery long days lad I am your retired servent Sir Harry Haddock brother of twin Cuck Cod

Posted by: Four Seasons It Was Lads ()
Date: January 05, 2021 03:06PM

>They owned a diner in Alexandria on Van Dorn St?

My fingers are so tired Ill call it a day lads , Cheerio Sir Harry Haddock who must get to frying some battered fish and then mop the floor as the retirement check will be getting slimmer then myself as a youth soon, the extra money will come in handy , I just hope I have enough to last us a minimum of 2 years but alas it could be the full four if we run out of any luck at all but Im gratefull for my second retirement check from the US for a mere 10 years of loyal service allowing us to pay Fairfax's property taxes as we dont any discounts off lads, we have to pay the whole enchilada if you may as retired double income feds which I must agree is very fair indeed for a bit of extra labors in a greasy spoon, the missies of course keeps saying of course its for the childern , its for the childern, oh well shes still a keeper so I must grin at her faults

Posted by: Herndon Office ()
Date: January 05, 2021 10:03PM

Is the Herndon joint closing?

Posted by: snackbar ()
Date: January 06, 2021 12:09AM

They are closing the Vienna only location on the 12th, Herndon, bakery and catering will still be open.

Posted by: wxuwj ()
Date: January 06, 2021 06:47AM

Four Seasons It Was Lads Wrote:
> >They owned a diner in Alexandria on Van Dorn St?
>
> My fingers are so tired Ill call it a day lads

Please stop with your illiterate drivel.

Posted by: Here come da judge... ()
Date: January 06, 2021 07:48AM

Drivel?

This is contemporary social discussion.

What is your objection, madam?

Posted by: Saeed ()
Date: January 06, 2021 08:16AM

Their Tandoori chicken is delicious.

Posted by: 6pjl4 ()
Date: January 06, 2021 08:51AM

Here come da judge... Wrote:
> Drivel?
>
> This is contemporary social discussion.
>
> What is your objection, madam?

Aren't you cute. Pussy.

Posted by: e6xxj ()
Date: February 26, 2021 06:05PM

e6xxj Wrote:
> I work nights and would always see FCPD and State
> Police Cruisers in the parking lot late at
> night/early morning at the Vienna Amphora.
> Beginning a couple of years ago I never saw them
> there again. I always found that strange. They
> were there consistently for years...like a decade.

Found 'em! Last two nights going by between 3:30-4 a.m. there were four or five County Police Vehicles at the Wawa at Nutley/123.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.