HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 14
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: TYPO DAMN IT ()
Date: August 22, 2021 06:13PM

ARENT***

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Don’t fuck a teammate’s ex ()
Date: August 22, 2021 07:14PM

Nigger business, his teammate 38 shot him in the head with a .38 , kinda funny.

https://youtu.be/Xg9aQvjMS60
Attachments:
E8D1E7C4-6D6E-4AD4-9406-7F4BF09B90F0.webp
EB1EF288-F9AF-4D55-9B18-7BFA73BFF017.webp
9DFC85B5-6173-412F-9566-8D43D35C8855.gif
4437A076-4881-4BBE-A9AE-41F2D38C1A78.gif
0A6ECD2F-4C6D-41CA-9268-6BB5ADFBE230.webp

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: August 22, 2021 08:00PM

They won’t play if there’s that many missing.

Posted by: Pc3kk ()
Date: August 22, 2021 09:43PM

Your spread for the TC game is too low. Annandale is apparently really really bad this year

Posted by: n6pu6 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 06:38PM

parentof2 - week 1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 3. Herndon @ Centreville (-30)
> - I believe Shields' son is back for his senior
> year at QB, I am expecting Centreville to be
> better than they were in the spring. Herndon went
> 0-6, got shutout 3 times and scored a grand total
> of 40 points in 6 games. They also graduated their
> best player, a big 6'3 DB/WR. This one will be
> over by halftime.

Jack Shields graduated so Centreville will have a first year starter. I assume it will be the sophomore Bryan Resto but don't know. Even so C'ville should be fine against Herndon.

>
> 5. Lee @ Oakton (-13)
> - Lee is a year or two away from being the next
> Thomas Jefferson in my opinion. I'm not sure how
> they are able to field a team every year. Oakton
> is bad, Lee is even worse.

Don't foresee a Oakton losing this one.

> 6. Madison @ Stone Bridge (-14)
> - Game of the week, no doubt about it. Stone
> Bridge is Stone Bridge. The WR that caught the
> game winner in the state championship is back, I
> believe the QB is as well. They probably landed a
> few transfers as well as the JV kids that breed. I
> don’t know how much Madison lost to graduation,
> we will see where they are in a hurry though.
> Looking forward to this one.

Billy Wiles graduated so SB will have a first year QB. Their QB will be Jacob Thomas - the WR that made that big catch this spring.

Madison will give them a good game. They lost a lot of size and experience on the lines but Madison has as much talent at the skill positions they have ever had. The QB Connor Barry is a 2 year starter with D1 offers, the RB Alex Jreige is a one of the best RBs in NOVA, WR/S John Hurley has D1 offers. Favorite to win the Concorde and challenge South County again in the state semis.

> 9. South County (-17) @ Woodbridge
> - Woodbridge definitely is not the same beast they
> have been in years past with Wortham and the likes
> of Da’shawn Hand, they still have athletes
> though. I’m glad SoCo is not playing a total
> cupcake in week one. Interested to see how they
> look this year. Congrats to Brock Spalding on his
> commitment to ECU as well.

SoCo is loaded again. They are the new Westfield.

> 10. Stonewall Jackson @ Westfield (-3)
> - Another very intriguing week one match-up. SJ
> has the #2 recruit in VA in Shawn Murphy (LB -
> Alabama commit) but other than that, I don’t
> know much about them. WF has Caleb Wheatland (#25
> in VA, LB - Maryland commit) I like the LB battle.
> WF also has a few other D1 kids around the field.
> I think they will be better than they were last
> year, although it wouldn’t surprise me to see SJ
> win.

Wheatland has transferred to Avalon. Westfield's D1 RB Legall is also not returning. Westfield is a lightly-talented team with new starters at almost every position. 6-4 is the best case scenario. I think Unity Reed/SJ could give them some problems.

Posted by: HiDefHigh ()
Date: August 23, 2021 09:10PM

Posted by: High School Football ()
Date: August 23, 2021 09:33PM

Gay as fuck!

https://youtu.be/fs1xHPU7WwA
Attachments:
157CDC19-165B-471B-9ED0-7A87AA74DEA3.jpeg
00D93947-9350-4032-92B9-56FC74B02295.jpeg
975ABF41-7D3F-4A12-A477-195A5FF8A8DB.jpeg
0349629E-372A-46E7-AB42-82046AD475C5.jpeg
B5DCBDE5-A0D0-4FD9-BFDB-0861BA44ED05.png
CFDF2B48-0F28-4984-BAA0-9D5C93C2B2C0.jpeg
52230487-2C2A-4168-9C41-AC9605D8189A.jpeg
B7DBB8C9-0AC5-43B4-B027-7EB823B0E006.jpeg

Re: COVID Strikes
Posted by: ttfan ()
Date: August 24, 2021 04:49PM

Wow! Wrote:
> Apparently SOCO shut it down after several players
> got the vid. No practice, no scrimmage.

Any press release on this? I know schools are postponing games but the sports reporters ARE posting them on twitter, etc!!

Posted by: O.Smith ()
Date: August 24, 2021 05:30PM

Here we go. Another Northern VA news article that's all too happy to report the demise of HS Football!!! Y'all Liberal shitheads believe everything your biased papers write. Now the parents will keep their kids from playing football!!!

Here's the reality.. In other parts of the world, we love football!!! Oscar Smith opened their Fall training camp with over 100 kids?!! AND they don't play Freshman Football in the 757!!!

High school football participation continues to decrease

Dave Fawcett 6 hrs ago

football generic.jpg
Bill Kamenjar/InsideNoVa.com

Facebook
Twitter
WhatsApp
SMS
Email

Save

As the high school football season returns to its normal schedule this fall, a drop off in turnout remains an issue.

Only three of Prince William County’s 12 returning Class 6 high schools will field programs at all three levels (freshman, junior varsity and varsity) this season: Battlefield, Woodbridge and Hylton.

Gainesville, Prince William County’s new Class 6 high school, is slated to only have freshman and junior varsity teams since there is no senior class this school year.

In addition, three local schools will just have varsity teams for the second straight season: Unity Reed, Osbourn (city of Manassas) and Manassas Park.

Over the years, changing demographics, single-sport specialization and safety concerns have contributed to declining interest in high school football. A number of area schools have not fielded freshman teams for years.

But the pandemic added to the gradual downturn.

For a number of reasons, the biggest decline is at the freshman level, where the lack of interest is a carryover from the previous school year.

There were no middle school sports in 2020-21. COVID concerns kept numbers down as well. In addition, the seven-team Cardinal District cancelled all freshman sports, while only three schools in the six-team Cedar Run District had freshman teams.

With so many kids out of school and learning virtually and a short turnaround between football seasons, the pandemic also made it hard for high school coaches to promote their programs to incoming freshmen.

The pandemic pushed the 2020 season to the spring of 2021 and featured only six regular-season games as part of a compressed schedule to give sports from all three seasons a chance to compete.

Of the 11 local schools without freshman football this season, the biggest surprise is Patriot. A perennial playoff contender with seven postseason appearances in nine seasons, the Nokesville-based school had produced a freshman team since it opened in 2011.

The opening of Gainesville High School cut into Patriot’s enrollment by 455 students. At 2,795 students, Patriot was Prince William County’s third largest high school last school year. The 10th year school enters this fall with an enrollment of 2,340 students.

In 2019, Sean Finnerty’s first year as head coach, Patriot posted roster numbers in the 90s. This season, the Pioneers are at 70 total grades ninth through 12th.

Finnerty expected to see a decline, but not enough to prevent Patriot from having a team at each level since the school still has a large student body.

Finnerty said the Pioneers have 25 freshmen, which were enough bodies for a team. But two challenges remained. Patriot did not have enough freshmen to play all the necessary positions.

A small sophomore turnout also meant the Pioneers needed extra freshmen to fill out the junior varsity team. Given the choice between having a freshman or junior varsity program, Finnerty opted for the latter by moving all the freshmen to junior varsity.

Osbourn has 60 players, but did not have enough players at certain positions or had players lacking overall football experience. For safety reasons and to preserve depth in case of injuries, head coach Cortez Whiting did not want to stretch his players across more than one level at this point.

Coaches are hopeful the lower turnout is tied to lingering effects of the pandemic and will rebound in time. But for now, they are taking a wait-and-see approach, understanding that current numbers might stay the same or fall even further next season.

“We’re still in post-COVID,” Finnerty said. “Things are changing. The good thing is that you only have to put 11 on the field at one time. We will do the best we can.”

In volleyball, eight of Prince William County’s 13 high schools will have freshman, junior varsity and varsity squads. Freedom is the only school without a varsity team. The Eagles will compete on junior varsity. Manassas Park and Osbourn will compete in varsity and junior varsity volleyball.

For field hockey, which fields just junior varsity and varsity teams, four of the county’s 12 Class 6 schools have both. Class 3 Brentsville and Manassas Park have never had field hockey nor has Class 6 Freedom.

David Fawcett is the sports editor for InsideNoVa.com. Reach him at dfawcett@insidenova.com

Date: August 24, 2021 06:25PM

I’m so glad you are concerned about the student athletes north of Richmond. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up!! And one more thing, watch who you are calling a liberal!! Call me a shithead all you want.

Posted by: mtjnw ()
Date: August 24, 2021 08:00PM

It's true though. The shitlibs have ruined high school sports, extracurricular activities and education/learning. Last year they killed it all for the sole purpose of making everyone miserable. I just can't fathom why people accept incompetence and failure as normal. It went from not letting kids play sports because they might get hurt to not letting them out of the house because they might catch a cold. Kids soon will live their lives in a bubble with their world being a virtual reality machine.

This isn't happening at all schools in NOVA though. I am still seeing programs in Fairfax and Loudoun counties with freshman, JV and Varsity football. I heard Westfield has 130 kids in their program this fall.

Posted by: CANCELED ()
Date: August 24, 2021 08:55PM

South County @ Woodbridge has been CANCELED

Posted by: xdgbw ()
Date: August 24, 2021 10:04PM

Unity Reed @ Westfield postponed????

Posted by: PWC Football ()
Date: August 24, 2021 10:11PM

A lot of the PWC schools have hired youth coaches as their HS coaches and they have no desire to field freshman teams. They try to.collext scholarship talent in all grades and don't waste their time developing young average kids for the future. You can win at Varsity that way but the program does little to help kids at the school who aren't destined to be college players. It's a different model that most of FCPS hasn't turned to yet, but it could be more.common soon since there aren't a lot of teacher coaches willing to take the job any longer.

Date: August 26, 2021 04:55AM

Time for your weekly Oscar Smith update. Earlier, I had asked the question about IF any Northern Virginia HS Football teams had EVER produced an NFL Hall of Fame inductee? Of course this was related to Kenny Easley from Smith. However, their stadium is named Beard, DeLong, Easley Stadium for a good reason! Those of you from South County that got bored watching your team get drubbed (62-21) may have used your time to ponder the names.

From anecdotal stories from the other old guys in the bleachers, I can tell you that Steve DeLong was an animal. While he was @ Smith he decided to wrestle. The only problem was that the Tigers had no team. Despite that, and without a coach!!!!, He won a State Wrestling Championship! Below is the rest from Canton, OH.

Hall of Fame
Choose a Hall Of Fame Member:
Steve DeLong

School
Tennessee

Induction

Position: Middle Guard
Years: 1962-1964
Place of Birth: Norfolk,VA
Date of Birth: Jul 03, 1943
Place of Death: Knoxville, TN
Date of Death: Aug 18, 2010
Jersey Number: 65
Height: 6-3
Weight: 243
High School: Chesapeake, VA (Oscar Smith HS)

Steve DeLong played middle guard on defense for Tennessee 1962-1964. He made the Associated Press all-sophomore team in 1962, was voted defensive lineman of the year in the Southeastern Conference three times 1962-1964, and was All-America twice 1963-1964. Tennessee's record in those days was 4-6, 5-5, 4-5-1. In 1964 DeLong, 6-3 and 243- pounds, won the Outland Trophy as the nation's best interior lineman, was picked Lineman of the Year by the Columbus Touchdown Club and Birmingham Touchdown Club, and was voted Most Valuable Player in the Senior Bowl. In 1964 he was captain of the Tennessee team and captain of the East team in the East-West Shrine Bowl. In 1968 a panel of experts picked an all-time Southeastern Conference team, spanning 35 years 1933-1967, and DeLong was on it. In 1990, in a fans' vote, he was named to Tennessee's all-time team, covering 100 years of football 1890-1989. Steve's son, Keith, was linebacker at Tennessee and was captain and All- America in 1988. Keith was also selected to the "100 years of Volunteers" team in 1990. Steve's brother, Ken, played at Tennessee 1967-1969. After college Steve DeLong played defensive end for San Diego and Chicago in the National Football League from 1965-1972.
Footer
Attachments:
SteveDelong.jpg

Posted by: PPD? ()
Date: August 26, 2021 12:54PM

So is the only cancellation so far South County? Anyone else cancel their games?

Posted by: just one ()
Date: August 26, 2021 01:15PM

PPD? Wrote:
> So is the only cancellation so far South County?
> Anyone else cancel their games?

US Marine team in Kabul had to cancel. They had 4 players come down with shitty president disease this morning.

Posted by: TTTFan ()
Date: August 26, 2021 03:42PM

just one Wrote:
> PPD? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So is the only cancellation so far South
> County?
> > Anyone else cancel their games?
>
>
> US Marine team in Kabul had to cancel. They had 4
> players come down with shitty president disease
> this morning

Impeachable offense, dereliction of duty from our puppet President.

Posted by: Puh-leeze ()
Date: August 27, 2021 07:12AM

I’m sure you were equally outrage but the previous administration abandoning the Kurds in Syria. If not, why not. Show your work.

And now back to football.

Have there been any edicts from VHSL or the northern region as to how Covid postponements or cancellations will be handled? In the spring there was the Westfield/lake Braddock exception, just wondering what the guidelines are now.

Posted by: sure bub ()
Date: August 27, 2021 08:04AM

Puh-leeze Wrote:
> I’m sure you were equally outrage but the
> previous administration abandoning the Kurds in
> Syria. If not, why not. Show your work.

I don't give a shit if we abandon any muzzie over there. They've been killing each other for over a thousand years. It's the US marines getting killed due to the complete incompetence of this president. He is worse than GW Bush, and I didn't think that was possible. The good news is that it looks like we have a Cat3 hurricane bearing down on New Orleans, so we might get to see Biden surpass Bush's fuckup there as well. You're an idiot. No offense.

Posted by: do you know? ()
Date: August 27, 2021 02:24PM

Update your roster info, Shields is PWO @ ODU
Caleb reclassed last year and plays at private school, no more WHS.

Posted by: Random NoVA Alum ()
Date: August 27, 2021 09:29PM

parentof2 Wrote:
>3. Herndon @ Centreville (-30)
>I believe Shields' son is back for his senior year at QB, I am expecting
> Centreville to be better than they were in the spring. Herndon went 0-6, got
> shutout 3 times and scored a grand total of 40 points in 6 games. They also
> graduated their best player, a big 6'3 DB/WR. This one will be over by halftime.

Herndon 7 Centreville 35 F

Posted by: THS ()
Date: August 27, 2021 11:32PM

Lots of thunder, ANY final score?

Posted by: 6TLJN ()
Date: August 28, 2021 02:14AM

Not sure if they were able to finish game but FR-Woodbridge living up to its horrible reputation.

https://www.insidenova.com/headlines/updated-two-teens-injured-in-shooting-at-freedom-high-school-in-woodbridge/article_c246f68e-07a4-11ec-9780-173a3de00d7d.html?fbclid=IwAR3jOs-mNi0AFQn5iZaugdlN_t9Ec6jDMMAxLZeOefTkYWJFd09-hntj4HU#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Wasn’t it them and their crosstown rival a couple of years ago had to cancel a night game and play Sat am due to threat of gun violence?

Posted by: O,Smith ()
Date: August 28, 2021 05:38AM

6TLJN Wrote:
> Not sure if they were able to finish game but
> FR-Woodbridge living up to its horrible
> reputation.
>
> https://www.insidenova.com/headlines/updated-two-t
> eens-injured-in-shooting-at-freedom-high-school-in
> -woodbridge/article_c246f68e-07a4-11ec-9780-173a3d
> e00d7d.html?fbclid=IwAR3jOs-mNi0AFQn5iZaugdlN_t9Ec
> 6jDMMAxLZeOefTkYWJFd09-hntj4HU#utm_campaign=blox&u
> tm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
>
> Wasn’t it them and their crosstown rival a
> couple of years ago had to cancel a night game and
> play Sat am due to threat of gun violence?

Always too much drama with Overton & his Freedom (W) teams. Let's see if he attempts to address his community about this?

Posted by: Wow really? ()
Date: August 28, 2021 11:28AM

Overton sure does run a very nigger program over there

Posted by: He’s a dbag ()
Date: August 28, 2021 11:46AM

O,Smith Wrote:
> 6TLJN Wrote:
> -----
> > Not sure if they were able to finish game but
> > FR-Woodbridge living up to its horrible
> > reputation.
> >
> >
> https://www.insidenova.com/headlines/updated-two-t
>
> >
> eens-injured-in-shooting-at-freedom-high-school-in
>
> >
> -woodbridge/article_c246f68e-07a4-11ec-9780-173a3d
>
> >
> e00d7d.html?fbclid=IwAR3jOs-mNi0AFQn5iZaugdlN_t9Ec
>
> >
> 6jDMMAxLZeOefTkYWJFd09-hntj4HU#utm_campaign=blox&u
>
> > tm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
> >
> > Wasn’t it them and their crosstown rival a
> > couple of years ago had to cancel a night game
> and
> > play Sat am due to threat of gun violence?
>
> Always too much drama with Overton & his Freedom
> (W) teams. Let's see if he attempts to address his
> community about this?

He’s a middle aged man still dressing like Mr.T. Not exactly the greatest role
model.

Posted by: parentof2 - wk 1 results ()
Date: August 29, 2021 10:56AM

Pretty successful first weekend! Only one game was cancelled and although quite a few games were postponed until yesterday due to lightning, every game in the area aside from the South County game was completed! Hopefully we can keep it up the entire season at this pace.

1. Falls Church (-8) @ George Mason
- George Mason wins 37-7, was way off with this one.

2. Hayfield @ Lake Braddock (-24)
- Lake Braddock won 23-0, missed this one by a point. Game was called early in the 3rd quarter.

3. Herndon @ Centreville (-30)
- Centreville won 35-7, but did not cover. I believe this one was called early as well.

4. Langley @ Yorktown (-24)
- Yorktown won 19-14, but did not cover.

5. Lee @ Oakton (-13)
- Oakton won and covered, 37-0.

6. Madison @ Stone Bridge (-14)
- Stone Bridge won and covered, 20-0.

7. Mount Vernon (-3) @ West Springfield
- West Springfield won 24-14. I picked this one wrong but a lot of y’all picked WS correctly.

8. Robinson (-3) @ South Lakes
- Robinson blasted South Lakes 54-14, I did not see the score being that lopsided.

9. South County (-17) @ Woodbridge
- Game was cancelled due to COVID.

10. Stonewall Jackson @ Westfield (-3)
- Well, I said I wouldn’t be surprised if SJ won, and they did, 20-14. Good defensive game.

11. Stuart (-15) @ Edison
- Stuart won 27-14, missing the spread by 2 points.

12. T.C. Williams (-6) @ Annandale
- T.C. blanked Annandale 27-0, game was called early as well.

13. Wakefield (-10) @ Fairfax
- Fairfax won 19-14, probably won’t pick Wakefield again this year.

14. Washington-Lee @ Marshall (-7)
Marshall won and covered, 13-0.

15. West Potomac (-7) @ McLean
- WP won big, 30-0.

Posted by: parentof2 - week 2 ()
Date: August 29, 2021 10:58AM

Thank you guys for all of your input on last week’s spreads, i find it interesting to see what the rest of y’all think! I learned some things from other users that I previously didn’t know, so again, thanks y’all! I believe the majority of this weeks slate (if not every game) is being played on Thursday night, 9/2.

1. Chantilly (-28) @ Falls Church
- Going to be interesting to see how Chantilly looks in their opener. FC lost to Mason by 30 points, could be a long year for the Jags.

2. Lake Braddock @ Madison (-6)
- Game of the week. LB has a chance to make a statement against a regional contender, Madison has a chance to make a statement as well after getting shut out against Stone Bridge. Something has got to give!

3. Langley (-6) @ Fairfax
- Could very well be a toss up game. Langley hung close with Yorktown while a bad Wakefield team kept it close with Fairfax. My gut tells me Langley wins.

4. Marshall (-5) @ McLean
- Give me Marshall in a close one.

5. Mount Vernon (-8) @ Stuart
- Not sure if MV is as good this year as they have been in recent years, but either way they should be fine on the road at JEB.

6. Oakton (-3) @ Woodson
- My “meh” game of the week.

7. Robinson (-30) @ Annandale
- Did not expect Robinson to beat South Lakes by 40, are they legit this year? That’s a score you’d expect from a late 2000’s Robinson team! A user also stated that Annandale was bad this year and I have to agree. This one will be over by halftime.

8. South County (-28) @ Hayfield
- Hopefully SoCo is able to play this week. Hayfield never beats South County though, I believe their last win against SoCo came in 2012. I don’t see that changing this year either.

9. Stone Bridge (-17) @ Centreville
- Co-game of the week. Centreville is going to have to execute flawlessly on offense if they want a chance to even hit double digits on the Bulldog defense. Stone Bridge ain’t no Herndon, Cville…

10. T.C. Williams (-14) @ South Lakes
- Intriguing game, will South Lakes actually show up this week? If they don’t, this one will get ugly as well. I like T.C. and their athletes on the road.

11. Wakefield @ West Potomac (-15)

12. West Springfield (-20) @ Edison
- This would’ve been a really good game in 2007 or 2008.

13. Westfield (-20) @ Washington-Lee
- Bounce back game for Westfield.

14. Woodrow Wilson (DC) @ Yorktown (-9)
- Yorktown’s annual home game against a DC school that I know nothing about. What I do know is Yorktown needs to look better than they looked against Langley last week.

Posted by: region guys thoughts ()
Date: August 29, 2021 11:38AM

Picks for the week, last week 13-2

- Going to be interesting to see how Chantilly
looks in their opener. FC lost to Mason by 30
points, could be a long year for the Jags.
Chantilly will coast this will be over by half, Chantilly will hang over 50 on FC

- Game of the week. LB has a chance to make a
statement against a regional contender, Madison
has a chance to make a statement as well after
getting shut out against Stone Bridge. Something
has got to give!
LB has been nothing more then average under Doc, Madison wins 21-7

- Could very well be a toss up game. Langley hung
close with Yorktown while a bad Wakefield team
kept it close with Fairfax. My gut tells me
Langley wins.
Fairfax is better, they win 24-14

- Give me Marshall in a close one.
Marshall wins 21-14

- Not sure if MV is as good this year as they have
been in recent years, but either way they should
be fine on the road at JEB.
MTV wins 28-7

6. Oakton (-3) @ Woodson
- My “meh” game of the week.
Oakton has improved, Oakton 27-7

- Did not expect Robinson to beat South Lakes by
40, are they legit this year? That’s a score
you’d expect from a late 2000’s Robinson team!
A user also stated that Annandale was bad this
year and I have to agree. This one will be over by
halftime.
Robinson is for real, they win easily 52-0

- Hopefully SoCo is able to play this week.
Hayfield never beats South County though, I
believe their last win against SoCo came in 2012.
I don’t see that changing this year either.
SoCo still the team to beat in the region, SoCo 48-7

- Co-game of the week. Centreville is going to
have to execute flawlessly on offense if they want
a chance to even hit double digits on the Bulldog
defense. Stone Bridge ain’t no Herndon,
Cville…
SB is the better team, SB 21-7

- Intriguing game, will South Lakes actually show
up this week? If they don’t, this one will get
ugly as well. I like T.C. and their athletes on
the road.
TC getting things together, they win 35-14

WP way to much for Wakefield, 48-0

- This would’ve been a really good game in 2007
or 2008.

WS easily, 42-7

- Bounce back game for Westfield.
Westfield will blow them out 42-0

- Yorktown’s annual home game against a DC
school that I know nothing about. What I do know
is Yorktown needs to look better than they looked
against Langley last week.
Yorktown is always a sleeper they win 28-7

Posted by: LB FAN 2020 ()
Date: August 29, 2021 05:54PM

Chantilly by 35+

Madison by 14+. LB is slightly above average

Fairfax wins close

McLean wins close

MTV by 14+

6. Oakton (-3) @ Woodson
Oakton by +10

Robinson by as many as they want

SoCo by as many as they want

SB by 28+

SL wins close

WP by 21+

WS by 28+

WF by 21+

Yorktown by 14+

Posted by: Kinda looks like a ()
Date: August 29, 2021 06:29PM

fudge packer. Was he a gay footballer?
Attachments:
IMG_7774.JPG

Date: August 30, 2021 06:37AM

O.Smith Wrote:
> Time for your weekly Oscar Smith update. Earlier,
> I had asked the question about IF any Northern
> Virginia HS Football teams had EVER produced an
> NFL Hall of Fame inductee? Of course this was
> related to Kenny Easley from Smith. However, their
> stadium is named Beard, DeLong, Easley Stadium for
> a good reason! Those of you from South County that
> got bored watching your team get drubbed (62-21)
> may have used your time to ponder the names.
>
> From anecdotal stories from the other old guys in
> the bleachers, I can tell you that Steve DeLong
> was an animal. While he was @ Smith he decided to
> wrestle. The only problem was that the Tigers had
> no team. Despite that, and without a coach!!!!, He
> won a State Wrestling Championship! Below is the
> rest from Canton, OH.
>
> Hall of Fame
> Choose a Hall Of Fame Member:
> Steve DeLong
>
> School
> Tennessee
>
> Induction
> 1993
>
> Position: Middle Guard
> Years: 1962-1964
> Place of Birth: Norfolk,VA
> Date of Birth: Jul 03, 1943
> Place of Death: Knoxville, TN
> Date of Death: Aug 18, 2010
> Jersey Number: 65
> Height: 6-3
> Weight: 243
> High School: Chesapeake, VA (Oscar Smith HS)
>
> Steve DeLong played middle guard on defense for
> Tennessee 1962-1964. He made the Associated Press
> all-sophomore team in 1962, was voted defensive
> lineman of the year in the Southeastern Conference
> three times 1962-1964, and was All-America twice
> 1963-1964. Tennessee's record in those days was
> 4-6, 5-5, 4-5-1. In 1964 DeLong, 6-3 and 243-
> pounds, won the Outland Trophy as the nation's
> best interior lineman, was picked Lineman of the
> Year by the Columbus Touchdown Club and Birmingham
> Touchdown Club, and was voted Most Valuable Player
> in the Senior Bowl. In 1964 he was captain of the
> Tennessee team and captain of the East team in the
> East-West Shrine Bowl. In 1968 a panel of experts
> picked an all-time Southeastern Conference team,
> spanning 35 years 1933-1967, and DeLong was on it.
> In 1990, in a fans' vote, he was named to
> Tennessee's all-time team, covering 100 years of
> football 1890-1989. Steve's son, Keith, was
> linebacker at Tennessee and was captain and All-
> America in 1988. Keith was also selected to the
> "100 years of Volunteers" team in 1990. Steve's
> brother, Ken, played at Tennessee 1967-1969. After
> college Steve DeLong played defensive end for San
> Diego and Chicago in the National Football League
> from 1965-1972.
> Footer

The talented guard also finished eigth in the 1964 Heisman voting, a very big achievement for a lineman.

Still waiting for that list of NFL Hall Fame Inductees from Northern VA???

Posted by: 7LL7P ()
Date: August 30, 2021 09:06AM

parentof2 - wk 1 results Wrote:
> Pretty successful first weekend! Only one game was
> cancelled and although quite a few games were
> postponed until yesterday due to lightning, every
> game in the area aside from the South County game
> was completed! Hopefully we can keep it up the
> entire season at this pace.
>
>
> - Well, I said I wouldn’t be surprised if SJ
> won, and they did, 20-14. Good defensive game.
>
What game were you watching? This game was probably one of the worst displays of offensive execution-by BOTH teams-that I have ever soon. Unity Reed will probably win 5-6 games because of they have some good athletes at RB and WR and also the 5 star MLB Young (they are very o young, by the way). Westfield is also fairly young, but have the same issues as last year-the secondary and blocking. I give them a pass on all the fumbles since it was the first real game for their SO QB. If Westfield doesn't correct their weaknesses they are probably looking at 6-4 or possibly 5-5. If they progress quickly, perhaps 8-2 or 7-3.

Posted by: pjdeh ()
Date: August 30, 2021 10:46AM

7LL7P Wrote:
> parentof2 - wk 1 results Wrote:
> > 10. Stonewall Jackson @ Westfield (-3)
> > - Well, I said I wouldn’t be surprised if SJ
> > won, and they did, 20-14. Good defensive game.
> >
> What game were you watching? This game was
> probably one of the worst displays of offensive
> execution-by BOTH teams-that I have ever soon.
> Unity Reed will probably win 5-6 games because of
> they have some good athletes at RB and WR and also
> the 5 star MLB Young (they are very o young, by
> the way). Westfield is also fairly young, but have
> the same issues as last year-the secondary and
> blocking. I give them a pass on all the fumbles
> since it was the first real game for their SO QB.
> If Westfield doesn't correct their weaknesses they
> are probably looking at 6-4 or possibly 5-5. If
> they progress quickly, perhaps 8-2 or 7-3.

Yep. Westfield could go either way - no clue how it will shake out. Seven first year starters on offense. Don't have any game-breaking talent this year but they are good enough to win a lot of games if the QB gives them a chance. As you say, it was his first start. Gotta figure he isn't going to fumble 7 times every game. Offhand he looks to be about the best athlete on the offense. They could win a couple of playoff games or not make the playoffs.

Posted by: That's a shame ()
Date: August 30, 2021 06:02PM

pjdeh Wrote:
> 7LL7P Wrote:
> -----
> > parentof2 - wk 1 results Wrote:
> >
>
> > > 10. Stonewall Jackson @ Westfield (-3)
> > > - Well, I said I wouldn’t be surprised if
> SJ
> > > won, and they did, 20-14. Good defensive game.
>
> > >
> > What game were you watching? This game was
> > probably one of the worst displays of offensive
> > execution-by BOTH teams-that I have ever soon.
> > Unity Reed will probably win 5-6 games because
> of
> > they have some good athletes at RB and WR and
> also
> > the 5 star MLB Young (they are very o young, by
> > the way). Westfield is also fairly young, but
> have
> > the same issues as last year-the secondary and
> > blocking. I give them a pass on all the fumbles
> > since it was the first real game for their SO
> QB.
> > If Westfield doesn't correct their weaknesses
> they
> > are probably looking at 6-4 or possibly 5-5. If
> > they progress quickly, perhaps 8-2 or 7-3.
>
> Yep. Westfield could go either way - no clue how
> it will shake out. Seven first year starters on
> offense. Don't have any game-breaking talent this
> year but they are good enough to win a lot of
> games if the QB gives them a chance. As you say,
> it was his first start. Gotta figure he isn't
> going to fumble 7 times every game. Offhand he
> looks to be about the best athlete on the offense.
> They could win a couple of playoff games or not
> make the playoffs.

If the QB is the best athlete on offense then I'd say WF football has dropped off significantly from just a couple years ago. I would imagine that could be said for most of NOVA high school programs in FFX County. Seems like the kids are smaller and not as athletic. Guess there probably a few families moving out to Loudon County as well. Looks like WF's glory days are behind them, well, it certainly was a pretty successful ride up until last season.

Posted by: XKJBW ()
Date: August 31, 2021 07:17AM

That's a shame Wrote:
>
> If the QB is the best athlete on offense then I'd
> say WF football has dropped off significantly from
> just a couple years ago. I would imagine that
> could be said for most of NOVA high school
> programs in FFX County. Seems like the kids are
> smaller and not as athletic.

I have to absolutely agree with this. Football, at least in NOVA, is far inferior to what it was in the 2000-2015 years. Numbers are down. Athleticism is down. Size is down. Back in the 2000-2015 years there were multiple teams - not just one or two - mostly the Concorde, but also teams like Lake Braddock, South County, Robinson, and the occasional upstart - who could make noise in the playoffs and then have a legit shot at the state level. Just not the same now. If I rated the 2000-2015 period a "10", by comparison the quality of play now is more like a "7" or "6".

Posted by: We suck ()
Date: August 31, 2021 08:50PM

That's a shame Wrote:
> pjdeh Wrote:
> -----
> > 7LL7P Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > parentof2 - wk 1 results Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > > 10. Stonewall Jackson @ Westfield (-3)
> > > > - Well, I said I wouldn’t be surprised if
> > SJ
> > > > won, and they did, 20-14. Good defensive
> game.
> >
> > > >
> > > What game were you watching? This game was
> > > probably one of the worst displays of
> offensive
> > > execution-by BOTH teams-that I have ever
> soon.
> > > Unity Reed will probably win 5-6 games
> because
> > of
> > > they have some good athletes at RB and WR and
> > also
> > > the 5 star MLB Young (they are very o young,
> by
> > > the way). Westfield is also fairly young, but
> > have
> > > the same issues as last year-the secondary
> and
> > > blocking. I give them a pass on all the
> fumbles
> > > since it was the first real game for their SO
> > QB.
> > > If Westfield doesn't correct their weaknesses
> > they
> > > are probably looking at 6-4 or possibly 5-5.
> If
> > > they progress quickly, perhaps 8-2 or 7-3.
> >
> > Yep. Westfield could go either way - no clue
> how
> > it will shake out. Seven first year starters
> on
> > offense. Don't have any game-breaking talent
> this
> > year but they are good enough to win a lot of
> > games if the QB gives them a chance. As you
> say,
> > it was his first start. Gotta figure he isn't
> > going to fumble 7 times every game. Offhand he
> > looks to be about the best athlete on the
> offense.
> > They could win a couple of playoff games or
> not
> > make the playoffs.
>
> If the QB is the best athlete on offense then I'd
> say WF football has dropped off significantly from
> just a couple years ago. I would imagine that
> could be said for most of NOVA high school
> programs in FFX County. Seems like the kids are
> smaller and not as athletic. Guess there probably
> a few families moving out to Loudon County as
> well. Looks like WF's glory days are behind them,
> well, it certainly was a pretty successful ride up
> until last season.

FFX CO Football is SHIT now!! They’ll beat us down south every year here on out

Posted by: DCFB4 ()
Date: August 31, 2021 11:51PM

Fairfax County football sucks worse than Bishop Sycamore.

Posted by: nova fan ()
Date: September 01, 2021 09:34AM

Late with my results -- had a bad internet service provider.

parentof2 - wk 1 results Wrote:
> Pretty successful first weekend! Only one game was
> cancelled and although quite a few games were
> postponed until yesterday due to lightning, every
> game in the area aside from the South County game
> was completed! Hopefully we can keep it up the
> entire season at this pace.
>
>
> 1. Falls Church (-8) @ George Mason
> - George Mason wins 37-7, was way off with this
> one.
>
I also took Falls Church to win and cover. Falls Church must be really bad this season

> 2. Hayfield @ Lake Braddock (-24)
> - Lake Braddock won 23-0, missed this one by a
> point. Game was called early in the 3rd quarter.

Took Lake Braddock to win and cover. I'm one point short of covering, but I'm going to count this anyway, because if the game hadn't been called, I'm sure Lake Braddock would have scored again.
>
> 3. Herndon @ Centreville (-30)
> - Centreville won 35-7, but did not cover. I
> believe this one was called early as well.

I also took Centreville to win and cover, and I'm counting this one for me as well. See above.
>
> 4. Langley @ Yorktown (-24)
> - Yorktown won 19-14, but did not cover.

Right winner, wrong against the spread. Is Langley better than we thought? Or is Yorktown not as good as we thought?
>
> 5. Lee @ Oakton (-13)
> - Oakton won and covered, 37-0.

Got this one right
>
> 6. Madison @ Stone Bridge (-14)
> - Stone Bridge won and covered, 20-0.

Took Stonebridge to win, but not cover.
>
> 7. Mount Vernon (-3) @ West Springfield
> - West Springfield won 24-14. I picked this one
> wrong but a lot of y’all picked WS correctly.

Got both the winner and the spread correct.
>
> 8. Robinson (-3) @ South Lakes
> - Robinson blasted South Lakes 54-14, I did not
> see the score being that lopsided.

I really blew this one.
>
> 9. South County (-17) @ Woodbridge
> - Game was cancelled due to COVID.
>
> - Well, I said I wouldn’t be surprised if SJ
> won, and they did, 20-14. Good defensive game.

Shocked the heck out of me. Has the King been dethroned?
>
> 11. Stuart (-15) @ Edison
> - Stuart won 27-14, missing the spread by 2
> points.

I took Stuart to win, but since I had doubts that even 15 points would be scored, I predicted Stuart to win, not cover. Got both right.
>
> 12. T.C. Williams (-6) @ Annandale
> - T.C. blanked Annandale 27-0, game was called
> early as well.

Right winner and correct against the spread.
>
> 13. Wakefield (-10) @ Fairfax
> - Fairfax won 19-14, probably won’t pick
> Wakefield again this year.

Fairfax getting 10 points against an awful Wakefield team was easily the best bargain of the week.
>
> 14. Washington-Lee @ Marshall (-7)
> Marshall won and covered, 13-0.
>

Picked Marhshall to win and cover.

> 15. West Potomac (-7) @ McLean
> - WP won big, 30-0.

Picked West Po to win and cover

Date: September 01, 2021 09:45AM

parentof2 - week 2 Wrote:
> Thank you guys for all of your input on last
> week’s spreads, i find it interesting to see
> what the rest of y’all think! I learned some
> things from other users that I previously didn’t
> know, so again, thanks y’all! I believe the
> majority of this weeks slate (if not every game)
> is being played on Thursday night, 9/2.
>
>
> 1. Chantilly (-28) @ Falls Church
> - Going to be interesting to see how Chantilly
> looks in their opener. FC lost to Mason by 30
> points, could be a long year for the Jags.

I saw Chantilly scrimmage, and they looked good. Given how bad Falls Church looked last week, I'd say this spread isn't big enough. Chantilly wins and covers.

>
> 2. Lake Braddock @ Madison (-6)
> - Game of the week. LB has a chance to make a
> statement against a regional contender, Madison
> has a chance to make a statement as well after
> getting shut out against Stone Bridge. Something
> has got to give!

I think Lake Braddock is better. They win outright (and I'm happy to get six points).

>
> 3. Langley (-6) @ Fairfax
> - Could very well be a toss up game. Langley hung
> close with Yorktown while a bad Wakefield team
> kept it close with Fairfax. My gut tells me
> Langley wins.

Before the season, I would have happily taken Fairfax against Langley if I was also getting six points. After last week, I'm not so sure, though the Fairfax Wakefield score wasn't as close as it appeared, given that Wakefield scored its TD when the game resumed on Saturday (with about 11 minutes left in the 4th Quarter). I'll take Langley to win, but not cover.

>
> 4. Marshall (-5) @ McLean
> - Give me Marshall in a close one.

Marshall wins and covers.
>
> 5. Mount Vernon (-8) @ Stuart
> - Not sure if MV is as good this year as they have
> been in recent years, but either way they should
> be fine on the road at JEB.

Mt. Vernon wins and covers.
>
> 6. Oakton (-3) @ Woodson
> - My “meh” game of the week.

Having only a 3 point spread in the "MEH" game means that I can't talk about this being an over/under situation. Oakton has been terrible for a few years now, and Woodson has recently returned to terrible status. Since Woodson didn't play last week, they won't be game tested like Oakton is. I'll take Oakton to win outright.
>
> 7. Robinson (-30) @ Annandale
> - Did not expect Robinson to beat South Lakes by
> 40, are they legit this year? That’s a score
> you’d expect from a late 2000’s Robinson team!
> A user also stated that Annandale was bad this
> year and I have to agree. This one will be over by
> halftime.

Robo wins and covers. Easily. Even with this big spread.
>
> 8. South County (-28) @ Hayfield
> - Hopefully SoCo is able to play this week.
> Hayfield never beats South County though, I
> believe their last win against SoCo came in 2012.
> I don’t see that changing this year either.

If SoCo plays, they win and cover.
>
> 9. Stone Bridge (-17) @ Centreville
> - Co-game of the week. Centreville is going to
> have to execute flawlessly on offense if they want
> a chance to even hit double digits on the Bulldog
> defense. Stone Bridge ain’t no Herndon,
> Cville…
>

Stone Bridge wins, doesn't cover.

> 10. T.C. Williams (-14) @ South Lakes
> - Intriguing game, will South Lakes actually show
> up this week? If they don’t, this one will get
> ugly as well. I like T.C. and their athletes on
> the road.

I over estimated South Lakes last week. TCW wins and covers.
>
> 11. Wakefield @ West Potomac (-15)

I see you're done predicting Wakefield to win. West Po wins and covers.
>
> 12. West Springfield (-20) @ Edison
> - This would’ve been a really good game in 2007
> or 2008.

West Springfield wins and covers.
>
> 13. Westfield (-20) @ Washington-Lee
> - Bounce back game for Westfield.

Westfield wins and covers. Why would Washington-Lee even schedule Westfield?
>
> 14. Woodrow Wilson (DC) @ Yorktown (-9)
> - Yorktown’s annual home game against a DC
> school that I know nothing about. What I do know
> is Yorktown needs to look better than they looked
> against Langley last week.

This is hard to predict, but I'll take Yorktown to win and cover.

Posted by: About Tonight ()
Date: September 02, 2021 10:05AM

Are any games canceled tonight? I have not seen anything from anyone yet

Posted by: Bruin daddy ()
Date: September 02, 2021 08:11PM

CAN YOU SMELL WHAT DOC IS COOKIN AT THE WARHAWK FIELD OF DREAMS??? Neither can I.

Posted by: UFSDf ()
Date: September 02, 2021 08:18PM

Stone Bridge 14 Centreville 7 at the half. SB will win but Centreville has played much better than I expected so far.

Posted by: UFSDf ()
Date: September 02, 2021 10:14PM

UFSDf Wrote:
> Stone Bridge 14 Centreville 7 at the half. SB
> will win but Centreville has played much better
> than I expected so far.

Final was 32-7. Stone Bridge was just able to control the lines of scrimmage with their superior size. SB loaded as always. Centreville's young QB looks promising. And they have some good RBs and WRs.

Date: September 02, 2021 10:14PM

Should have been tied at 14 at halftime…..And the second half was a different story. SB made adjustments. Cville made mistakes and was out coached as usual under Shields.

Posted by: Live ()
Date: September 02, 2021 10:25PM

Warhawks lovin’ that Bruin meat… tasting cooking’ from Doc
Final James Madison 49 Lake Braddock 21

Posted by: Nutttfan ()
Date: September 03, 2021 05:21AM

Unity Reed 22
C. Forge. 7

Who would have predicted Reed would be 2-0 after playing Westfield & C. Forge? Looks like both of those teams are a shell of their previous versions!

Posted by: nh4ng ()
Date: September 03, 2021 09:53AM

Nutttfan Wrote:
> Unity Reed 22
> C. Forge. 7
>
>
> Who would have predicted Reed would be 2-0 after
> playing Westfield & C. Forge? Looks like both of
> those teams are a shell of their previous
> versions!

Unity Reed has a lot of next level talent on that team. It's not all attributable to WFD and CF being down. I mean, I knew they were going to be vastly improved this year so I'm not surprised... see above I think Unity Reed/SJ could give them some problems.

Posted by: Paint thinner ()
Date: September 03, 2021 11:54AM

Some thoughts after the games so far

Centreville is improving under shields with kids in the system for a couple years. He is still getting out coached though no adjustments ever vanilla predictable game plan should’ve hired someone else from Westfield or kept haddock. His kid tha graduated was a very average high school QB no clue how he won region offensive player of the year leave it to shields to play daddy ball.

Westfield has one of the best coaching staffs in the state has talent this yesr not as much as in the past especially with #28 gone to Avalon they would’ve beat stonewall with him. Westfield will probably be around 7-3 solid team just not enough talent to get over the hump and be almost unbeatable as usual.

South Lakes much worse than last year lost a ton of seniors the Oakton transfer running back hasn’t had much of a difference. They need to be more physical and just play better football. Not a very good football team

Oakton finally not the worst team in the state but still bad Morgan still has a lot of work to do. When they play teams with a pass rush and 1 DB that can cover their WB’s favorite weapon it will look like last year. The coaches aren’t very good at oakton defense misaligns a lot but it is only week 2. Players at oakton are getting better and learning the system much like centreville but the coaches and players are worse than there.

Madison is good again look for them to repeat for the conference solid overall team defense is not quite as good as last year but still top 10 in the state they also have one of the best coaching staffs in the state. However they did get shutout by stone bridge and centreville scored on them with a sophomore quarterback so that is a little concerning. If Madison’s offense can pick it up in the big games (it really hasn’t in past years) then look for madison to meet smith in the championship.

Chantilly returning a lot of guys I feel like they should’ve beat falls church by more and shut them out we really won’t know how good Chantilly is until they get done with their cupcake out of conference schedule as usual. They have #9 who is the best defensive player in the northern 2 regions (don’t know if he’s better than the stonewall MLB) they will be second in the Concorde looking to upset madison for the conference/region. Same as madison though if their offense can’t figure it out like last year they will just get shut down my Madison’s defense again and hand them the region very vanilla play calling.Northern region will be all Concorde as usual however yorktown may be formidable.

Robinson very impressed with them so far look for them to compete with south county for the Occaquan region ground and pound not better than madison though.

Lake Braddock not bad not great either defense needs a lot of work if they want to win a lot of games and make a playoff run. #1 and #11 are the best non linemen on this team QB is average with potential to be good is just a little inaccurate. Can doc finally figure it out??

Stonewall(Unity Reed) Good team a lot of athletes and playmakers. Whoever said them not having a freshmen team hurts them is clearly a dipshit judging from their last game. Look for them to compete for the region B title however they will have to get through Darryl Overton and the freedom eagles. I don’t know if Manchester is in A or B this year but they are good

Date: September 03, 2021 01:20PM

Stone bridge very well might be the best team in the state this year is Mickey blows another state championship he will need an ambien prescription to sleep. Stone bridge is big and fast as usual QB’s arm could hurt them deep in the playoffs. Would love to see them play smith and see who’s better.

Posted by: region guy thoughts ()
Date: September 03, 2021 01:28PM

Paint thinner Wrote:
> Some thoughts after the games so far
>
> Centreville is improving under shields with kids
> in the system for a couple years. He is still
> getting out coached though no adjustments ever
> vanilla predictable game plan should’ve hired
> someone else from Westfield or kept haddock. His
> kid tha graduated was a very average high school
> QB no clue how he won region offensive player of
> the year leave it to shields to play daddy ball.
>
>
> Westfield has one of the best coaching staffs in
> the state has talent this yesr not as much as in
> the past especially with #28 gone to Avalon they
> would’ve beat stonewall with him. Westfield will
> probably be around 7-3 solid team just not enough
> talent to get over the hump and be almost
> unbeatable as usual.
>
> South Lakes much worse than last year lost a ton
> of seniors the Oakton transfer running back
> hasn’t had much of a difference. They need to be
> more physical and just play better football. Not a
> very good football team
>
> Oakton finally not the worst team in the state but
> still bad Morgan still has a lot of work to do.
> When they play teams with a pass rush and 1 DB
> that can cover their WB’s favorite weapon it
> will look like last year. The coaches aren’t
> very good at oakton defense misaligns a lot but it
> is only week 2. Players at oakton are getting
> better and learning the system much like
> centreville but the coaches and players are worse
> than there.
>
> Madison is good again look for them to repeat for
> the conference solid overall team defense is not
> quite as good as last year but still top 10 in the
> state they also have one of the best coaching
> staffs in the state. However they did get shutout
> by stone bridge and centreville scored on them
> with a sophomore quarterback so that is a little
> concerning. If Madison’s offense can pick it up
> in the big games (it really hasn’t in past
> years) then look for madison to meet smith in the
> championship.
>
> Chantilly returning a lot of guys I feel like they
> should’ve beat falls church by more and shut
> them out we really won’t know how good Chantilly
> is until they get done with their cupcake out of
> conference schedule as usual. They have #9 who is
> the best defensive player in the northern 2
> regions (don’t know if he’s better than the
> stonewall MLB) they will be second in the Concorde
> looking to upset madison for the
> conference/region. Same as madison though if their
> offense can’t figure it out like last year they
> will just get shut down my Madison’s defense
> again and hand them the region very vanilla play
> calling.Northern region will be all Concorde as
> usual however yorktown may be formidable.
>
> Robinson very impressed with them so far look for
> them to compete with south county for the Occaquan
> region ground and pound not better than madison
> though.
>
> Lake Braddock not bad not great either defense
> needs a lot of work if they want to win a lot of
> games and make a playoff run. #1 and #11 are the
> best non linemen on this team QB is average with
> potential to be good is just a little inaccurate.
> Can doc finally figure it out??
>
> Stonewall(Unity Reed) Good team a lot of athletes
> and playmakers. Whoever said them not having a
> freshmen team hurts them is clearly a dipshit
> judging from their last game. Look for them to
> compete for the region B title however they will
> have to get through Darryl Overton and the freedom
> eagles. I don’t know if Manchester is in A or B
> this year but they are good

This is obviously a Madison person....at least keep it real!
Every year Madison says this is the year they will be playing in the state championship. However, Madison is the same every year, good defense ...very little offense, sorry but lack of offense hasn't won you anything, the past 4-5 years. This year will be no different! Not even close to being a top coaching staff in the state. In fact, it must be bad coaching, since as you say, the players are so great!

Posted by: ATC4lyfe ()
Date: September 03, 2021 01:40PM

Why does Doc always get a pass for not winning big games?

Every year LB has the some of the best talent in the region, but cant win.
Has he even had one signature since coming to LB? Last years Covid victory over a 3-3 Westfield team was a joke.
Its time for a change at Braddock, he is in way over his head, 5 years of Doc is enough

Posted by: GLVWD ()
Date: September 03, 2021 02:45PM

region guy thoughts Wrote:
> Paint thinner Wrote:
> -----
> > Some thoughts after the games so far
> >
> > Centreville is improving under shields with
> kids
> > in the system for a couple years. He is still
> > getting out coached though no adjustments ever
> > vanilla predictable game plan should’ve hired
> > someone else from Westfield or kept haddock.
> His
> > kid tha graduated was a very average high
> school
> > QB no clue how he won region offensive player
> of
> > the year leave it to shields to play daddy
> ball.
> >
> >
> > Westfield has one of the best coaching staffs
> in
> > the state has talent this yesr not as much as
> in
> > the past especially with #28 gone to Avalon
> they
> > would’ve beat stonewall with him. Westfield
> will
> > probably be around 7-3 solid team just not
> enough
> > talent to get over the hump and be almost
> > unbeatable as usual.
> >
> > South Lakes much worse than last year lost a
> ton
> > of seniors the Oakton transfer running back
> > hasn’t had much of a difference. They need to
> be
> > more physical and just play better football. Not
> a
> > very good football team
> >
> > Oakton finally not the worst team in the state
> but
> > still bad Morgan still has a lot of work to do.
> > When they play teams with a pass rush and 1 DB
> > that can cover their WB’s favorite weapon it
> > will look like last year. The coaches aren’t
> > very good at oakton defense misaligns a lot but
> it
> > is only week 2. Players at oakton are getting
> > better and learning the system much like
> > centreville but the coaches and players are
> worse
> > than there.
> >
> > Madison is good again look for them to repeat
> for
> > the conference solid overall team defense is
> not
> > quite as good as last year but still top 10 in
> the
> > state they also have one of the best coaching
> > staffs in the state. However they did get
> shutout
> > by stone bridge and centreville scored on them
> > with a sophomore quarterback so that is a
> little
> > concerning. If Madison’s offense can pick it
> up
> > in the big games (it really hasn’t in past
> > years) then look for madison to meet smith in
> the
> > championship.
> >
> > Chantilly returning a lot of guys I feel like
> they
> > should’ve beat falls church by more and shut
> > them out we really won’t know how good
> Chantilly
> > is until they get done with their cupcake out
> of
> > conference schedule as usual. They have #9 who
> is
> > the best defensive player in the northern 2
> > regions (don’t know if he’s better than the
> > stonewall MLB) they will be second in the
> Concorde
> > looking to upset madison for the
> > conference/region. Same as madison though if
> their
> > offense can’t figure it out like last year
> they
> > will just get shut down my Madison’s defense
> > again and hand them the region very vanilla
> play
> > calling.Northern region will be all Concorde as
> > usual however yorktown may be formidable.
> >
> > Robinson very impressed with them so far look
> for
> > them to compete with south county for the
> Occaquan
> > region ground and pound not better than madison
> > though.
> >
> > Lake Braddock not bad not great either defense
> > needs a lot of work if they want to win a lot
> of
> > games and make a playoff run. #1 and #11 are
> the
> > best non linemen on this team QB is average
> with
> > potential to be good is just a little
> inaccurate.
> > Can doc finally figure it out??
> >
> > Stonewall(Unity Reed) Good team a lot of
> athletes
> > and playmakers. Whoever said them not having a
> > freshmen team hurts them is clearly a dipshit
> > judging from their last game. Look for them to
> > compete for the region B title however they
> will
> > have to get through Darryl Overton and the
> freedom
> > eagles. I don’t know if Manchester is in A or
> B
> > this year but they are good
>
> This is obviously a Madison person....at least
> keep it real!
> Every year Madison says this is the year they will
> be playing in the state championship. However,
> Madison is the same every year, good defense
> ...very little offense, sorry but lack of offense
> hasn't won you anything, the past 4-5 years. This
> year will be no different! Not even close to being
> a top coaching staff in the state. In fact, it
> must be bad coaching, since as you say, the
> players are so great!

I must disagree - Madison coaching is very solid. I would rank the Concorde right now:

1. Madison
2. Chantilly
3. Centreville
4. Westfield
5. South Lakes
6. Oakton

I really like Madison (Jreige) and Centreville's (Ragland) RBs. I don't see Centreville or Westfield challenging for the District but nothing is impossible.

Date: September 03, 2021 02:50PM

region guy thoughts Wrote:
> Paint thinner Wrote:
> -----
> > Some thoughts after the games so far
> >
> > Centreville is improving under shields with
> kids
> > in the system for a couple years. He is still
> > getting out coached though no adjustments ever
> > vanilla predictable game plan should’ve hired
> > someone else from Westfield or kept haddock.
> His
> > kid tha graduated was a very average high
> school
> > QB no clue how he won region offensive player
> of
> > the year leave it to shields to play daddy
> ball.
> >
> >
> > Westfield has one of the best coaching staffs
> in
> > the state has talent this yesr not as much as
> in
> > the past especially with #28 gone to Avalon
> they
> > would’ve beat stonewall with him. Westfield
> will
> > probably be around 7-3 solid team just not
> enough
> > talent to get over the hump and be almost
> > unbeatable as usual.
> >
> > South Lakes much worse than last year lost a
> ton
> > of seniors the Oakton transfer running back
> > hasn’t had much of a difference. They need to
> be
> > more physical and just play better football. Not
> a
> > very good football team
> >
> > Oakton finally not the worst team in the state
> but
> > still bad Morgan still has a lot of work to do.
> > When they play teams with a pass rush and 1 DB
> > that can cover their WB’s favorite weapon it
> > will look like last year. The coaches aren’t
> > very good at oakton defense misaligns a lot but
> it
> > is only week 2. Players at oakton are getting
> > better and learning the system much like
> > centreville but the coaches and players are
> worse
> > than there.
> >
> > Madison is good again look for them to repeat
> for
> > the conference solid overall team defense is
> not
> > quite as good as last year but still top 10 in
> the
> > state they also have one of the best coaching
> > staffs in the state. However they did get
> shutout
> > by stone bridge and centreville scored on them
> > with a sophomore quarterback so that is a
> little
> > concerning. If Madison’s offense can pick it
> up
> > in the big games (it really hasn’t in past
> > years) then look for madison to meet smith in
> the
> > championship.
> >
> > Chantilly returning a lot of guys I feel like
> they
> > should’ve beat falls church by more and shut
> > them out we really won’t know how good
> Chantilly
> > is until they get done with their cupcake out
> of
> > conference schedule as usual. They have #9 who
> is
> > the best defensive player in the northern 2
> > regions (don’t know if he’s better than the
> > stonewall MLB) they will be second in the
> Concorde
> > looking to upset madison for the
> > conference/region. Same as madison though if
> their
> > offense can’t figure it out like last year
> they
> > will just get shut down my Madison’s defense
> > again and hand them the region very vanilla
> play
> > calling.Northern region will be all Concorde as
> > usual however yorktown may be formidable.
> >
> > Robinson very impressed with them so far look
> for
> > them to compete with south county for the
> Occaquan
> > region ground and pound not better than madison
> > though.
> >
> > Lake Braddock not bad not great either defense
> > needs a lot of work if they want to win a lot
> of
> > games and make a playoff run. #1 and #11 are
> the
> > best non linemen on this team QB is average
> with
> > potential to be good is just a little
> inaccurate.
> > Can doc finally figure it out??
> >
> > Stonewall(Unity Reed) Good team a lot of
> athletes
> > and playmakers. Whoever said them not having a
> > freshmen team hurts them is clearly a dipshit
> > judging from their last game. Look for them to
> > compete for the region B title however they
> will
> > have to get through Darryl Overton and the
> freedom
> > eagles. I don’t know if Manchester is in A or
> B
> > this year but they are good
>
> This is obviously a Madison person....at least
> keep it real!
> Every year Madison says this is the year they will
> be playing in the state championship. However,
> Madison is the same every year, good defense
> ...very little offense, sorry but lack of offense
> hasn't won you anything, the past 4-5 years. This
> year will be no different! Not even close to being
> a top coaching staff in the state. In fact, it
> must be bad coaching, since as you say, the
> players are so great!

Sorry that your great coaches and players at centreville and Chantilly haven’t beat madison in the last 4 years. Go watch coach curry and his players snort pre workout before games like a hopped up coke head or even better you can go jerk off with coach shields reading his kids D-1 offers. Either way learn the game of football I’m just being honest it’s pretty obvious the offense needs to step up you can ride my coat tails the entire season I have no problem with that. I bet you didn’t even coach your kid in youth football you were probably too busy watching water polo

Posted by: Cville booster ()
Date: September 03, 2021 02:56PM

We need haddock back there is too much talent going to waste. Atleast when coach haddock would put his gameday vest on and arouse all the single mothers in the stands we would be above .500. Coach shields is doing a terrible job and I heard that he is aware that his starting running back took steroids before last season. Haddock would never have done that was always looking out for the players off the field kept the streets of centreville clean.

Date: September 03, 2021 04:21PM

Cville lacks Discipline and coaching. They have more penalties since Shields has been there than the last 4 coaches combined. Especially personal fouls. Sheilds can’t beat the better teams. Don’t expect to beat Stone Bridge who in my opinion is not as good or big as prior years, but no reason they can’t be the best team in the Concorde. There’s a ton of young talent on that team.

Posted by: Hxhdjs ()
Date: September 03, 2021 05:50PM

Cville lost last night to Stone Bridge 7-32

Date: September 03, 2021 08:16PM

Really…..welcome to the party

Posted by: Loll ()
Date: September 03, 2021 08:18PM

West Springfield up 56-0 vs Edison at halftime lol

Posted by: Ceedee ()
Date: September 03, 2021 08:29PM

Interesting watching Eugene Asante (Westfield HS) starting at middle linebacker for UNC against VA Tech tonite.

Posted by: oviegz ()
Date: September 03, 2021 08:37PM

Yes, I have that on as well. You love to see local kids playing for big programs at the next level.

Posted by: dkych ()
Date: September 03, 2021 09:49PM

Ceedee Wrote:
> Interesting watching Eugene Asante (Westfield HS)
> starting at middle linebacker for UNC against VA
> Tech tonite.

Taylor Morin also playing tonight - a lot of Westfield grads on Saturday teams these days:

FBS
Nolan Cockrill (2018) – Army (starting DL)
Taylor Morin (2019) – Wake Forest (starting WR)
Eugene Asante (2019) – North Carolina (starting LB)
Sean Eckert (2017) – Army (starting WR)
Noah Kim (2020) – Michigan State (3rd QB)

FCS
Bizzett Woodley (2019) – Delaware State (starting WR)
Ivory Frimpong (2018) – Rhode Island (starting WR)
Zach Jewell (2017) – Georgetown (starting TE)
Tajh Summey (2020) - VMI (reserve DB)
CJ Hoffman (2021) – Howard (reserve LB)

Posted by: eyt0p ()
Date: September 03, 2021 10:36PM

dkych Wrote:
> Ceedee Wrote:
> -----
> > Interesting watching Eugene Asante (Westfield
> HS)
> > starting at middle linebacker for UNC against
> VA
> > Tech tonite.
>
> Taylor Morin also playing tonight - a lot of
> Westfield grads on Saturday teams these days:

Also on the Wake Forest team: Broad Run's Mitch Griffis, Lake Braddock's Billy Edwards, Centreville's Nick Anderson and Nick Ragano, Briar Woods' Christian Greene.

Date: September 04, 2021 09:56AM

Patriot District

SoCo: Won the opener against Hayfield. Best team in the region until someone proves otherwise.

Robinson: Looks really good, the running game is unstoppable, could be a threat to SoCo

West Springfield: Could be the sleeper team in the region, The have athletes all over the field and use them very well. Can they get by SoCo and Robinson?

Lake Braddock: Always has talent but doesn't have good coaching. Thats has hurt them since Doc took over. They will beat the average teams but lose to the better teams. See their Hayfield and Madison games.

Fairfax: the coach does a great job with the players they have, they are 2-0 could be 6-4 and make the playoffs

Woodson: New coaching staff, same Woodson, not very good. They have a few athletes, but they have a 5'6 not very athletic, starting QB, that should tell you tell you need to know. Can they beat Wakefield and/or Lewis, if not looks like 0-10

Posted by: nuttfan ()
Date: September 04, 2021 10:57AM

Freedom (w) vs
Stone Bridge

Who you got & who will poach the most players into their rosters!!??

Posted by: sbridge ()
Date: September 04, 2021 11:48AM

Stone Bridge may not be as dominant on their lines, but they are more multiple on offense than I've seen them in years past. They are going to running clock their way to another state championship; it'll be up to Springs if they lose a game.

Cville and Madison are pretty good, but they cant hang with the Loudoun County all star team.

Posted by: parentof2 - wk 2 results ()
Date: September 05, 2021 11:58AM

- Chantilly won and covered, 37-7. I thought the deficit would be a lot more.

- Madison cruises, 49-21. Eventually LB will have to win a big game, right?

- Fairfax won 20-10, 2nd week in a row they have proved me wrong.

- Marshall won and covered, 46-14.

- MV won and covered, 35-21.

6. Oakton (-3) @ Woodson
- Oakton won 30-13, looks like they have improved. Good for them.

- Robinson won and covered 42-0, it could've been 72-0 if they wanted it to be.

- SoCo won but did not cover, 22-0. They did not look good either.

- SB won and covered (shocker) 32-7.

- T.C. won but did not cover, 26-21. They won the game on a touchdown with 5 seconds remaining in the game.

- West Po won and covered, 28-7. They pulled away with a few late scores.

- WS won and covered, 56-3. It was 56-0 at halftime, this is the worst I have ever seen the National District, and they have had some rough years.

- Westfield blanks W&L 30-0.

- Yorktown won and covered, 43-17.

Posted by: parentof2 - week 3 ()
Date: September 05, 2021 12:00PM

I was pleasantly surprised to see that ZERO games were cancelled this week, that is absolutely awesome stuff. Kudos to the kids, coaches, and parents for the collective effort. If you would’ve told me before week 1 that through 2 weeks of action, only 1 game would’ve been cancelled I would’ve called you nuts. Hopefully we can keep pushing at this rate.

1. Annandale (-7) @ Lee
- Yes, Annandale has not scored this year but that will change this week. Lee is probably the worst team in the area aside from TJ. Annandale is also more battle tested thus far, I like them on the road.

2. Centreville (-7) @ Mount Vernon
- Going with the Concorde school on the road. MV is still TBD in my book, haven’t seen them yet this year.

3. Freedom-Woodbridge @ Stone Bridge (-7)
- Game of the week for sure. Probably the game of the week in the entire state. Overton vs. Mickey, who has the better recruits? (I’m only halfway joking.) Freedom has the better line play and they have more dynamic athletes, but I’ll be damned if I’m picking against SB at home, especially the way they have looked so far against 2 good Concorde schools.

4. Hayfield (-3) @ Falls Church
- Aziz returns back to his stomping grounds. Hayfield also has yet to score this year and I can see this game going either way. I think Aziz fires his team up and we know he also has a chip on his shoulder to come away victorious. Hayfield has played the tougher schedule so far and is much improved on defense, if they can score they should be fine here.

5. Langley @ Oakton (-5)
- Can’t believe I’m picking Oakton! Just a gut feeling on that one, this game really is somewhat of a toss up.

6. McLean (-3) @ Edison
- Meh. The National District is the worst I have ever seen it in my nearly 25 years of keeping up with football in the area.

7. Robinson (-28) @ Stuart
- Damn, Robinson’s out of conference schedule is weak this year. Another one that should be over by halftime if they just run JEB into the ground. These games do not prepare them for the SoCo’s, LB’s and WS’ of the conference though.

8. South Lakes (-14) @ Herndon
- Classic rivalry game. Can Herndon keep it respectable?

9. Woodson @ Wakefield (-3)
- Said I wouldn’t pick Wakefield again this year, I just can’t see them losing to WTW. I feel it will be a close game though.

10. Washington-Lee @ Chantilly (-24)

11. West Potomac @ Colonial Forge (-8)
- Intriguing matchup, I am glad FFX schools are starting to schedule schools further down south. Forge is usually a very strong football team, I don’t know anything about them this year though. Expecting them to win at home.

12. Westfield (-17) @ Marshall

13. Yorktown @ Madison (-17)
- Co-game of the week if I had to pick one, although I don’t think it will be a very close game. Madison just has too much talent on both sides of the ball. This is a fantastic challenge for Yorktown though as they get ready for much weaker district play.

Posted by: nuttfan ()
Date: September 05, 2021 02:13PM

parentof2 - week 3 Wrote:
> I was pleasantly surprised to see that ZERO games
> were cancelled this week, that is absolutely
> awesome stuff. Kudos to the kids, coaches, and
> parents for the collective effort. If you
> would’ve told me before week 1 that through 2
> weeks of action, only 1 game would’ve been
> cancelled I would’ve called you nuts. Hopefully
> we can keep pushing at this rate.
>
>
> 1. Annandale (-7) @ Lee
> - Yes, Annandale has not scored this year but that
> will change this week. Lee is probably the worst
> team in the area aside from TJ. Annandale is also
> more battle tested thus far, I like them on the
> road.
>
> 2. Centreville (-7) @ Mount Vernon
> - Going with the Concorde school on the road. MV
> is still TBD in my book, haven’t seen them yet
> this year.
>
> 3. Freedom-Woodbridge @ Stone Bridge (-7)
> - Game of the week for sure. Probably the game of
> the week in the entire state. Overton vs. Mickey,
> who has the better recruits? (I’m only halfway
> joking.) Freedom has the better line play and they
> have more dynamic athletes, but I’ll be damned
> if I’m picking against SB at home, especially
> the way they have looked so far against 2 good
> Concorde schools.
>
> 4. Hayfield (-3) @ Falls Church
> - Aziz returns back to his stomping grounds.
> Hayfield also has yet to score this year and I can
> see this game going either way. I think Aziz fires
> his team up and we know he also has a chip on his
> shoulder to come away victorious. Hayfield has
> played the tougher schedule so far and is much
> improved on defense, if they can score they should
> be fine here.
>
> 5. Langley @ Oakton (-5)
> - Can’t believe I’m picking Oakton! Just a gut
> feeling on that one, this game really is somewhat
> of a toss up.
>
> 6. McLean (-3) @ Edison
> - Meh. The National District is the worst I have
> ever seen it in my nearly 25 years of keeping up
> with football in the area.
>
> 7. Robinson (-28) @ Stuart
> - Damn, Robinson’s out of conference schedule is
> weak this year. Another one that should be over by
> halftime if they just run JEB into the ground.
> These games do not prepare them for the SoCo’s,
> LB’s and WS’ of the conference though.
>
> 8. South Lakes (-14) @ Herndon
> - Classic rivalry game. Can Herndon keep it
> respectable?
>
> 9. Woodson @ Wakefield (-3)
> - Said I wouldn’t pick Wakefield again this
> year, I just can’t see them losing to WTW. I
> feel it will be a close game though.
>
> 10. Washington-Lee @ Chantilly (-24)
>
> 11. West Potomac @ Colonial Forge (-8)
> - Intriguing matchup, I am glad FFX schools are
> starting to schedule schools further down south.
> Forge is usually a very strong football team, I
> don’t know anything about them this year though.
> Expecting them to win at home.
>
> 12. Westfield (-17) @ Marshall
>
> 13. Yorktown @ Madison (-17)
> - Co-game of the week if I had to pick one,
> although I don’t think it will be a very close
> game. Madison just has too much talent on both
> sides of the ball. This is a fantastic challenge
> for Yorktown though as they get ready for much
> weaker district play.

Colonial Forge has a tradition of being good but not great. They had also been fortunate the get some key transfers to help keep them on top of their district most years. THAT has dried up for them. And, their Defensive coordinator left for Western Branch. Now, they've fallen hard pretty fast. They missed the playoffs in the Spring. With the normal 8 teams AND a tough schedule, they will be lucky to be 5-5 this year. I think they lose by 10.

Posted by: the man ()
Date: September 05, 2021 04:00PM

>
> this year.
>
I think Centreville will win by atleast two touchdowns, judging how stuart was able to keep is close with MV

> be fine here.
>

I'd pick Hayfield to win and cover. Aziz is a good coach and Falls Church is terrible this year since he left. They lost to George Mason!!

I dont know why either team is playing the other. Probably going to be a blowout unless Weisbecker's staff figures a way to keep it under the 28 point spread.

Date: September 05, 2021 05:27PM

1. Annandale (-7) @ Lee
- Annandale easily, Lee/Lewis is the worse team in the region

2. Centreville (-7) @ Mount Vernon
- Centreville by 2 scores MTV is not as good as they were 2019 or 2020

3. Freedom-Woodbridge @ Stone Bridge (-7)
- This should be a very good game, I am going with SB, more discipline and play as a team

4. Hayfield (-3) @ Falls Church
- Aziz returns to FC and will come away with a win. FC lost to George Mason

5. Langley @ Oakton (-5)
- Oakton has improved and will continue to get better, Oakton wins

6. McLean (-3) @ Edison
- 2 Bad teams, Mclean wins a close one.

- Robinson by 100000000. why schedule these teams?

8. South Lakes (-14) @ Herndon
- SL is a good team, Herndon is not. SL wins

9. Woodson @ Wakefield (-3)
- Wakefield wins, Woodson is bad. new coaching staff, a very small QB and very few athletes spells disaster

10. Washington-Lee @ Chantilly (-24)
Chantilly easily, again why schedule these teams?

11. West Potomac @ Colonial Forge (-8)
- Its a long ways to travel down 95 on a Friday night, CF wins

12. Westfield (-17) @ Marshall
Westfield wins easily

13. Yorktown @ Madison (-17)
- I think Yorktown will give Madison a tougher game then most expect. Madison wins but not by much.

Posted by: Debate ()
Date: September 05, 2021 05:56PM

Who would win in a full game - a NOVA all star team or a 757 all star team? Last years seniors can still play in this hypothetical game.

Posted by: Power Points ()
Date: September 05, 2021 06:45PM

- Robinson by 100000000. why schedule these teams?

These games are scheduled to keep the weaker districts out of the playoffs. If the weaker teams only played one another they'd rack up the same amount of power points as the stringer districts and a 6-4 justice would out point a 5-5 West Potomac or West Springfield. The crossover games give the weaker districts losses and the stronger district wins helping to put the correct teams in the playoffs.
Problem is there are 4-5 strong teams in the Patriot and only 1 in the other district so some of the matchups get ugly.

Posted by: Bababababhahahah ()
Date: September 05, 2021 08:10PM

Name this bowl game! I’ll start

The NOVA Recruiting Bowl Sponsored by PWCS and LCPS.

> Concorde schools.

Posted by: Cnxhd ()
Date: September 05, 2021 08:20PM

The Poaching and Apartment Bowl

Posted by: NV ()
Date: September 05, 2021 08:26PM

>
>
> road.
>
> this year.
>
> Concorde schools.
>
> be fine here.
>
> of a toss up.
>
>
>
> respectable?
>
>
>
>
>
> weaker district play.

Not for nothing, but Lee played TJ in 2019 and lost, 7-6.

They play again this year at TJ. Should be interesting as TJ is already 1-0 this year and should take much less of a pounding than Lewis will.

Posted by: bcgah ()
Date: September 05, 2021 08:32PM

So Overton runs this youth football & basketball program called Playmakers Elite & that’s definitely how he gets his kids. Gets them going young and then they play for him when they get to HS. How does Mickey Thompson recruit his kids?

Date: September 06, 2021 11:43AM

parentof2 - wk 2 results Wrote:
> 1. Chantilly (-28) @ Falls Church
> - Chantilly won and covered, 37-7. I thought the
> deficit would be a lot more.

Also picked Chantilly to win and cover, so I got this one right.
>
> 2. Lake Braddock @ Madison (-6)
> - Madison cruises, 49-21. Eventually LB will have
> to win a big game, right?

I picked LB to win outright (not just against the spread). I blew this one big time.
>
> 3. Langley (-6) @ Fairfax
> - Fairfax won 20-10, 2nd week in a row they have
> proved me wrong.

I picked Langley to win outright, but not to cover. Correct against the spread, but not the right winner. It wasn't so long ago that Fairfax was really bad -- a 1-9 season followed by an 0-10 season. I guess things are turning around there. Of course, they have a schedule that suits them, but the real test will come when Patriot play gets underway.
>
> 4. Marshall (-5) @ McLean
> - Marshall won and covered, 46-14.

Correctly picked Marshall to win and to cover.
>
> 5. Mount Vernon (-8) @ Stuart
> - MV won and covered, 35-21.

Correctly picked Mount Vernon to win and cover.
>
> 6. Oakton (-3) @ Woodson
> - Oakton won 30-13, looks like they have improved.
> Good for them.

I said Oakton would win outright, but I misread this, thinking that Woodson was the favorite. Anyway, I'll say I got this right on both counts.
>
> 7. Robinson (-30) @ Annandale
> - Robinson won and covered 42-0, it could've been
> 72-0 if they wanted it to be.

Correctly picked Robo to win and to cover.
>
> 8. South County (-28) @ Hayfield
> - SoCo won but did not cover, 22-0. They did not
> look good either.

Picked SOCO to win and cover. They won, but didn't cover. Half right.
>
> 9. Stone Bridge (-17) @ Centreville
> - SB won and covered (shocker) 32-7.

Correctly picked Stone Bridge to win, but not to cover. Half right again.
>
> 10. T.C. Williams (-14) @ South Lakes
> - T.C. won but did not cover, 26-21. They won the
> game on a touchdown with 5 seconds remaining in
> the game.

Picked TCW to win and cover. Another one half right.
>
> 11. Wakefield @ West Potomac (-15)
> - West Po won and covered, 28-7. They pulled away
> with a few late scores.

Correctly Picked WestPo to win and cover
>
> 12. West Springfield (-20) @ Edison
> - WS won and covered, 56-3. It was 56-0 at
> halftime, this is the worst I have ever seen the
> National District, and they have had some rough
> years.

Correctly picked West Springfield to win and cover
>
> 13. Westfield (-20) @ Washington-Lee
> - Westfield blanks W&L 30-0.

Correctly picked Westfield to win and cover.
>
> 14. Woodrow Wilson (DC) @ Yorktown (-9)
> - Yorktown won and covered, 43-17.

Correctly picked Yorktown to win and cover.

Date: September 06, 2021 11:54AM

>
>
> road.

I assume the lack of offense is the reason for the low spread. Anyway, I'll take Annandale to win and cover.
>
> this year.

Centreville wins and covers. I think this is a pretty good guess on the spread. If I had to give 14 points, I think I'd take MV.
>
> Concorde schools.

Stone Bridge wins and covers.
>
> be fine here.

Hayfield wins and covers.
>
> of a toss up.

I have a feeling that Oakton is slightly better. Oakton wins and covers (though barely).
>

McLean wins and covers.
>

I don't think this spread is big enough. Robo wins and covers.
>
> respectable?

South Lakes wins and covers.
>

This might be Wakefield's only win. Wakefield wins and covers.
>

Chantilly wins and covers.
>

Colonial Forge wins and covers.
>

Westfield wins and covers.
>
> weaker district play.

This is the toughest one to pick. Madison will win, but that's a lot of points to give. I'll take Madison to win, not cover.

Posted by: Warfuckinghawks ()
Date: September 08, 2021 01:35AM

Listen, Madison is the best team in the north Loco ( SOCO) barely survived last year then made us all look bad in the big one. Madison looks even better and their style of play matches what it’s took to win in the past slow the game down. If they make it to states I’d favor them they won’t play into OS hands and try to match them athletes for athletes like dumbass south county did.

Date: September 08, 2021 11:18AM

bumping this thread because the damn drug bots spam this site

Posted by: aceone ()
Date: September 08, 2021 11:29AM

Yeah the spammers are ridiculous, wish admin would boot them all

Posted by: Joe Treesman ()
Date: September 08, 2021 11:56AM

Warfuckinghawks Wrote:
> Listen, Madison is the best team in the north Loco
> ( SOCO) barely survived last year then made us all
> look bad in the big one. Madison looks even better
> and their style of play matches what it’s took
> to win in the past slow the game down. If they
> make it to states I’d favor them they won’t
> play into OS hands and try to match them athletes
> for athletes like dumbass south county did.

States? I guess you missed Madison's zero point performance against Stone Bridge.

Posted by: LY4UU ()
Date: September 08, 2021 02:16PM

...Warcucks made up for it against Doc's home cookin' the next Friday...

Posted by: Dry bush ()
Date: September 08, 2021 03:58PM

Joe Treesman Wrote:
> Warfuckinghawks Wrote:
> -----
> > Listen, Madison is the best team in the north
> Loco
> > ( SOCO) barely survived last year then made us
> all
> > look bad in the big one. Madison looks even
> better
> > and their style of play matches what it’s
> took
> > to win in the past slow the game down. If they
> > make it to states I’d favor them they won’t
> > play into OS hands and try to match them
> athletes
> > for athletes like dumbass south county did.
>
> States? I guess you missed Madison's zero point
> performance against Stone Bridge.

I disagree. Most teams especially the the good teams I.E the teams that didn’t have a majority of freshmen sophomores and juniors starting are comparatively not as good as last year. Due to the fact that they all had seniors that were about to graduate and the juniors are pretty much the same maybe a little bigger and faster however much 3 months of lifting can get you. The soco and madison teams of last year would smoke the ones this year. Soco beat hayfield 48-12 last year 3 months later 28-0. Madison didnt allow more than 14 points the whole season until south county last year and the offense never got shutout even against Chantillys defense.

Posted by: Genius ()
Date: September 09, 2021 09:10AM

I’m taking jmhs to cover over Yorktown. Madison is taking the region this year.

I say this as a Madison hater. Always hated the school for their cheating baseball program. Pudge Gjormand Makes Mickey Thompson look like a saint when it comes to recruiting.

Posted by: nutttfan ()
Date: September 09, 2021 09:39AM

Genius Wrote:
> I’m taking jmhs to cover over Yorktown. Madison
> is taking the region this year.
>
> I say this as a Madison hater. Always hated the
> school for their cheating baseball program. Pudge
> Gjormand Makes Mickey Thompson look like a saint
> when it comes to recruiting.

Baseball is like Soccer, field hockey, etc. If you are not on the hottest travel team, you have no chance of being a state title contender. I'm sure he runs the show in that regard too.

Posted by: nutttfan ()
Date: September 09, 2021 09:42AM

Preview Stone Bridge vs Freedom (W) for me. Who you got??? I'm think SB by 14....?

Posted by: cnnrjah ()
Date: September 09, 2021 09:46AM

Agreed, 14 at the least we all know Mickey T loves to run the score up. Will Freedom’s kids quit on the coach after going down 2 scores before halftime?

Date: September 09, 2021 11:12AM

Genius Wrote:
> I’m taking jmhs to cover over Yorktown. Madison
> is taking the region this year.
>
> I say this as a Madison hater. Always hated the
> school for their cheating baseball program. Pudge
> Gjormand Makes Mickey Thompson look like a saint
> when it comes to recruiting.

I can confirm the cheating going on in their baseball program. Half the team this past year lived outside the district. Especially their best players.

Posted by: HTDEJ ()
Date: September 09, 2021 11:43AM

I can confirm half team this past year lived inside the district. Especially their best players.

Posted by: Then Show the Proof ()
Date: September 09, 2021 01:39PM

Y'all keep saying you can confirm it but then don't provide a lick of proof. Do you actually have evidence that can backup your claim or are you just talking out of your ass?

Posted by: KNVMK ()
Date: September 09, 2021 02:44PM

...kinda bullshit...easy public records search shows Triantos lived on Old Courthouse in Vienna, in boundary for Madison...

Date: September 09, 2021 04:48PM

KNVMK Wrote:
> ...kinda bullshit...easy public records search
> shows Triantos lived on Old Courthouse in Vienna,
> in boundary for Madison...

Sure about that? heard he was supposed to go to langley....

Posted by: KNVMK ()
Date: September 09, 2021 08:42PM

Yes.

(no, really I heard he was supposed to go to McLean)

(no, no, really, really really I heard he was in boundary for Woodson)

Jerk... deal with it.

Posted by: Soon... ()
Date: September 09, 2021 10:10PM

That South Riding team that almost won the LLWS a few years ago will soon be in HS & they will win states every year for baseball

Posted by: Not so fast ()
Date: September 10, 2021 10:52AM

Soon... Wrote:
> That South Riding team that almost won the LLWS a
> few years ago will soon be in HS & they will win
> states every year for baseball

A lot of the more talented baseball players end up playing at private high schools. Paul VI HS is now located in the South Riding area.

Posted by: rnn ()
Date: September 10, 2021 07:23PM

Annandale 14 Lewis 0 mid 1st
Yorktown 0 Madison 0 end 1st

Posted by: UhOh ()
Date: September 10, 2021 07:30PM

Marshall also up 7-0 on Westfield almost end of the 1st. Upset alert.

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 14

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.