HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 14
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Oscar Smith ()
Date: September 20, 2021 08:51PM

Sorry to hear about the injury to West Springfield QB.Hope he bounces back enough to earn a D1 offer.Heard he was off to a hot start this year and was almost as good as our QB headed to ODU.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SoCo Fan ()
Date: September 20, 2021 08:53PM

Robinson scored more points against us than anyone until we ran into Oscar Smith. If Robinson's defense is better, which it appears it could be, they'd be tough to deal with. Their offense hasn't been their problem most of Vossler's time there.

Posted by: WSAlum ()
Date: September 20, 2021 08:55PM

What happened to the WS QB?

Posted by: O.Smith ()
Date: September 21, 2021 08:59AM

Oscar Smith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry to hear about the injury to West Springfield
> QB.Hope he bounces back enough to earn a D1
> offer.Heard he was off to a hot start this year
> and was almost as good as our QB headed to ODU.

Strange post. Not sure why this was made. Obscure suggestion that the West Springfield QB was injured without any link or specifics but then references The Smith QB out of nowhere? I can assure you the Tigers likely don't know who their QB is.

I suspect this is another BS post from someone who has zero knowledge about either program if not ANYTHING about any High School in VA.

Posted by: Nova Fan ()
Date: September 21, 2021 09:39AM

Watching the West Springfield vs Washington Liberty game now and it appears that midway thru the 1st quarter, the starting QB #7 for West Springfield comes out after a short run and is replaced at QB by #3. #3 stays at QB for the remainder of the game.

Posted by: nuttfann ()
Date: September 21, 2021 10:06AM

Nova Fan Wrote:
> Watching the West Springfield vs Washington
> Liberty game now and it appears that midway thru
> the 1st quarter, the starting QB #7 for West
> Springfield comes out after a short run and is
> replaced at QB by #3. #3 stays at QB for the
> remainder of the game.

AND why does Smith care?

Posted by: llvkej ()
Date: September 21, 2021 11:13AM

Wow, big news if it’s a serious injury. He was one of the better QBs in the area.

Posted by: Something Missing ()
Date: September 21, 2021 02:20PM

John Bosco blows Oscar Smith and swallowed.
Attachments:
7A599A87-8695-4816-AE91-03461309DC56.jpeg

Posted by: Just to remind you... ()
Date: September 21, 2021 04:37PM

Stone Bridge and Broad Run are the two best teams in Northern Virginia, and it is not even close.

Both would smash any Fairfax teams.

Posted by: the man ()
Date: September 22, 2021 12:26AM

bumping this thread again because of spammers

Posted by: mfndnnw ()
Date: September 22, 2021 01:22AM

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Oscar Nigger is getting DESTROYED in the comments https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jpELtS1q0C4

Posted by: O.Smith ()
Date: September 22, 2021 10:36AM

mfndnnw Wrote:
> LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Oscar Nigger is getting
> DESTROYED in the comments
> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jpELtS1q0C4

AND somehow there isn't a team in Class 6 Reg C&D that could prevent a running clock vs Smith. It's just sad. Freedom (W) appears to be the real deal though. BUT the road to that ODU game still runs through Chesapeake, VA!!

Posted by: SLvsHER ()
Date: September 22, 2021 02:07PM

South Lakes beat Herndon 49-34 last night.

Posted by: Crackas ()
Date: September 23, 2021 02:31AM

Y’all white boys better get with it that billy Kyle shit is out y’all gonna loose to us Oscar Niggas for the next 20 years y’all too little and too soft to compete with us. It’s OVER y’all best hope is freedom and y’all don’t like them either. Get better get faster get bigger or delete this thread you bitches are irrelevant.

Posted by: nuttfan ()
Date: September 24, 2021 08:33AM

It was only a matter of time before a 13 yr old started imparting their wisdom on FFU. Just not sure why a kid from Northern VA would post this crap. But that's how this thread goes. At least a few football fans stay on here.

Posted by: ncax2 ()
Date: September 24, 2021 10:16AM

What are some good games to keep an eye on tonight? I’m sure some have to have playoff implications already right?

Posted by: the man ()
Date: September 24, 2021 01:11PM

friday night lights!!!! lets gooooo!!

Posted by: Bugs ()
Date: September 24, 2021 01:18PM

Yorktown at Westfield and MT Vernon vs West Potomac should be good games.

Posted by: Rebellious Lion ()
Date: September 24, 2021 05:16PM

Fairfax at Falls Church is postponed this evening.

Posted by: Blows ()
Date: September 24, 2021 05:19PM

It was Falls Church HC game too, sucks for them.

Posted by: WFBULLDOGS ()
Date: September 24, 2021 07:10PM

Taylor Morin (Westfield) just caught a very long touchdown against UVA on ESPN2 right now.

Posted by: Kfjtnah ()
Date: September 24, 2021 07:50PM

Speaking of Westfield, they are losing 7-0 to Yorktown at halftime... Lol

Posted by: Yutrd ()
Date: September 24, 2021 07:59PM

Kfjtnah Wrote:
> Speaking of Westfield, they are losing 7-0 to
> Yorktown at halftime... Lol

Playing a freshman QB isn’t helping. Looks like they finally benched the other guy.

Posted by: Woodbridge Coach Dies ()
Date: September 24, 2021 08:02PM

From cocaine laced with fentanyl. Purple out! Moulinyans love purple.
Attachments:
CBD1FF59-B9F2-4C4A-9FCD-6EC8A6EB4E35.jpeg
54E6CC4B-E03C-40A2-94FE-3945A085990D.jpeg

Posted by: WF ()
Date: September 24, 2021 09:11PM

Westfield prevailed 13-7... any other finals?

Posted by: XYMBS ()
Date: September 24, 2021 09:15PM

Chantilly 35 Marshall 6

Westfield 13 Yorktown 7 Final

Oakton Beat Yorktown 30-28 last week to start 4-0 for the first time since anyone can remember.

And this is the Same Marshall team that lost in Overtime to Westfield 20-26 just a week ago yet getting crushed by Chantilly in this one.....anyone know what’s happened to Westfield?

Posted by: ncndns ()
Date: September 24, 2021 09:48PM

West Springfield kicked game winning FG as time expired to beat Hayfield by 3.

Date: September 24, 2021 09:48PM

West Springfield kicked game winning FG as time expired to beat Hayfield by 3.

Posted by: Westfield ()
Date: September 25, 2021 10:57AM

Yutrd Wrote:
> Kfjtnah Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Speaking of Westfield, they are losing 7-0 to
> > Yorktown at halftime... Lol
>
> Playing a freshman QB isn’t helping. Looks like
> they finally benched the other guy.

Didn't bench the guy, WF's starting QB looks to have possibly a season ending injury. Early 2nd quarter, has his knee blown sideways from a Yorktown DL. Sad thing is it was a WF o-linemen who was getting bull-rushed back into the QB that decided to grab the defender and whip him into WF's QB's knee, brilliant.

And that folks, pretty much sums up what's wrong with WF football. They really have no talented players left. Yes, yes, yes, they've got a kid going to VT, mainly because of his size, just an average HS football player though, watch the film.

WF's current team is much smaller than years past, size wise & physically, they're extremely unathletic and soft compared to their glory days. Sad, because their glory days lasted quite sometime, better part of 17-18 years.

One particular play that pretty much sums up WF's woes. It's the 2nd quarter, 0-0, Yorkton inside WF's 20 yard line. Yorktown runs the ball, #97 for WF blows into the backfield and should be a tackle for a loss.

Only problem is he tries to tackle the Yorktown RB high, poor form which is unusual for a WF team. The Yorktown RB breaks the tackle and takes it eventually into the end zone for a TD while breaking several other tackles.

What's #97 do when he blows the tackle, throws his hands up in the air and watches the RB as he proceeds to score. Maybe you might want to take off running after the guy you just let get away!

That folks, is a microcosm of WF's current state of their sad football program. That would have never happened in the past, especially when Shields & Everett were the D-coordinators.

Posted by: NuttFann ()
Date: September 25, 2021 01:15PM

Westfield Wrote:
> Yutrd Wrote:
> -----
> > Kfjtnah Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Speaking of Westfield, they are losing 7-0 to
> > > Yorktown at halftime... Lol
> >
> > Playing a freshman QB isn’t helping. Looks
> like
> > they finally benched the other guy.
>
>
> Didn't bench the guy, WF's starting QB looks to
> have possibly a season ending injury. Early 2nd
> quarter, has his knee blown sideways from a
> Yorktown DL. Sad thing is it was a WF o-linemen
> who was getting bull-rushed back into the QB that
> decided to grab the defender and whip him into
> WF's QB's knee, brilliant.
>
> And that folks, pretty much sums up what's wrong
> with WF football. They really have no talented
> players left. Yes, yes, yes, they've got a kid
> going to VT, mainly because of his size, just an
> average HS football player though, watch the
> film.
>
> WF's current team is much smaller than years past,
> size wise & physically, they're extremely
> unathletic and soft compared to their glory days.
> Sad, because their glory days lasted quite
> sometime, better part of 17-18 years.
>
> One particular play that pretty much sums up WF's
> woes. It's the 2nd quarter, 0-0, Yorkton inside
> WF's 20 yard line. Yorktown runs the ball, #97 for
> WF blows into the backfield and should be a tackle
> for a loss.
>
> Only problem is he tries to tackle the Yorktown RB
> high, poor form which is unusual for a WF team.
> The Yorktown RB breaks the tackle and takes it
> eventually into the end zone for a TD while
> breaking several other tackles.
>
> What's #97 do when he blows the tackle, throws his
> hands up in the air and watches the RB as he
> proceeds to score. Maybe you might want to take
> off running after the guy you just let get away!
>
> That folks, is a microcosm of WF's current state
> of their sad football program. That would have
> never happened in the past, especially when
> Shields & Everett were the D-coordinators.

So, Westfield has essentially become Lake Braddock 2.0. All heart no technique, no athleticism. The L.B. has to be the worst tacklers of a good team that I have seen in recent times.

Posted by: Nuttfann ()
Date: September 25, 2021 09:09PM

Garfield 20
Freedom (W) 16

Second year in a row that Garfield has beaten Freedom, but this time the Eagles appeared to have had their full roster available for this game.

Gar-Field's defense sacked Freedom quarterback Davis Bryson at the Red Wolves' 12-yard line with eight seconds left to end the Eagles' comeback attempt and win Saturday's Cardinal District season-opener for both teams 20-16.

This was the second straight season Gar-Field has beaten Freedom. Before last season, the Red Wolves had not defeated Freedom since 2012. Gar-Field (1-0, 2-2) has now won two straight after losing its first two games.

Freedom scored first on Bryson's touchdown run in the first quarter.

Gar-Field then came back to score 20 straight points.

Quarterback Omar Diallo put the Red Wolves up 10-6 at half on a touchdown run. Elijah Sledge added a touchdown run in the fourth.

Freedom’s second touchdown came on a pass from Bryson to Kam Courtney.

Freedom (0-1, 3-2) had a chance to score another touchdown when Bryson passed to Jeffery Overton. Officials ruled that Overton lost possession of the ball at the 1-yard line before the ball rolled out of the end zone for a touchback, giving possession back to Gar-Field.

Bryson finished the game completing 11 of his 22 attempts for 127 yards and one interception. Bryson and Overton both rushed for 29 yards.

Posted by: parentof2 - wk 5 results ()
Date: September 26, 2021 11:29AM

1. Edison @ Robinson (-40)
- Robinson rolls 49-7. I think it was 49-0 at halftime.

2. Fairfax (-8) @ Falls Church
- 2nd game of the year that was cancelled. Unlike SoCo/WoodBridge though, I believe this game will be played at a later date.

3. Herndon @ T.C. Williams (-24)
- T.C. won and covered, 41-7.

4. Lake Braddock (-28) @ Annandale
- LB won and covered, 56-0. Another absurd score at halftime.

5. Madison (-32) @ Langley
- Madison won easily and covered, 48-0.

6. Marshall @ Chantilly (-17)
- Chantilly won and covered, 35-6.

7. McLean @ South Lakes (-10)
- SL won and covered, 39-14. They looked much better against the Higlanders than they did earlier in the week against Herndon.

8. Mount Vernon @ West Potomac (-3)
- West Potomac won and covered, 24-21. Nailed this one!

9. Riverside @ Stone Bridge (-35)
- SB won and covered, 51-7.

10. South Lakes (-21) @ Herndon
- South Lakes won, but did not cover. 49-34.

11. Stuart @ South County (-30)
- Soco blanked Stuart 62-0.

12. Wakefield (-3) @ Washington-Lee
- Wakefield won and covered, 7-0.

13. Woodson (-21) @ Lee
- Woodson won and covered, 35-2. Lee still yet to score a TD this year...

14. West Springfield (-14) @ Hayfield
- West Springfield won on a last second FG, 31-28 failing to cover. I watched a few min of this game. WS was without Adrian Mejia, the Hawks fumbled on their first two possessions at their own 20 and the back-up Spartans QB (#3) was very athletic and played well.

15. Yorktown @ Westfield (-9)
- Westfield won 13-7, failing on cover on their Homecoming. Shoutout to the user who posted the game summary, that was an excellent analysis. Looks like losing their 2 best defensive players via transfer is also having a negative effect on them. Interesting.

Posted by: parentof2 - week 6 ()
Date: September 26, 2021 11:33AM

Crazy we are already halfway through the season y’all! Only 2 games have been affected as well, which is great. We are starting to see who is for real around the area. Thank you guys for all the positive comments and support as well, much appreciated! Couple of things I wanted to air out before getting to this week’s spreads.

- Highland Springs lost by 1 point to a school from WV 2 weeks ago on the same night Oscar Smith lost to Bosco. (When was the last time they both lost on the same night?) That’s a significant loss for HSHS because its the first time they’ve lost 2 games in a season since 2013. The path to back-to-back rings for Stone Bridge looks a lot more likely to happen now unless HSHS gets it together.

- Speaking of SB, I never liked how they refuse to schedule anyone good. Tuscarora (Class 4 favorite) is down the road and they don’t even play them, just a scrimmage. Oscar Smith played Bosco and has a 9 game schedule because I’m sure the DSA wanted to schedule another powerhouse and it fell through. Stone Bridge beats the shit out of everyone, they need to start scheduling out of town stronger programs.

- Tuscarora has a very, very good team and are my pick to win the Class 4 State Championship. Stone Bridge is my Class 5 favorite and Oscar Smith for Class 6. This is all as of today and can change, ya never know what can happen. I liked Freedom a lot but they lost to Gar-Field for the 2nd year in a row, so I’m not sure what to think of them. They took Stone Bridge to the wire and have crazy tons of talent. I think Overton turns it around and we will be seeing Freedom v. Oscar Smith later in the year.

Alright y’all, let's get to this weeks slate. Quite a few schools are on a bye this week, but nonetheless, here we go.

1. Annandale @ Bishop O’Connell (-9)
- Don’t know anything about O’Connell football but they are 2-2 and Annandale is horrible, so there you have it. Game will also be played on Saturday.

2. Centreville (-38) @ Woodson
- Score will be similar to the Centreville/Wakefield game. Running clock 2nd half.

3. Edison @ Fairfax (-17)
- Rebels (or Lions) get the win on Homecoming.

4. Lee @ West Potomac (-40)
- Lee has 4 points in 4 games this year. Yes, you read that right. They have 2 safeties on the year and have yet to score a touchdown. I actually feel bad for the kids. I would've made the spread higher but it's WP's Homecoming and I think Coach will let the reserves play. Maybe Lee scores a TD this week?

5. Lightridge @ Thomas Jefferson (-3)
- Lightridge is a new school in Aldie, I’m not even sure they are fielding a Varsity team yet, but I will assume they are. TJ is 4-0 and it’s time for them to play a National District schedule again. They can compete in that district so they should stop backing down in my opinion.

6. Madison (-24) @ Marshall
- Warhawks will keep rolling.

7. Oakton @ West Springfield (-8)
- Co-game of the week, one of the reasons being that both teams are 4-0 for the first time since 2012 for Oakton and 2005 for West Springfield. The Spartans should win their Homecoming game, is Adrian Mejia’s (QB1) injury serious? If Oakton wins this game and can compete in the Concorde, it may be time to start taking them seriously again.

8. South County (-28) @ Mount Vernon
- Down year for the Majors, I was tempted to make the spread on this one higher.

9. South Lakes @ Lake Braddock (-17)
- Intriguing game, it was almost my co-game of the week. I’m not sure what to make of SL, this will be a big test for them. If they get blown out, yikes. SL is having a down(ish) year so far but they’re better than Annandale, so LB better have a good week of practice, they have a chance to make a statement.

10. Stone Bridge (-38) @ Broad Run
- 0-5 Broad Run is not gonna have a good time Friday night.

11. T.C. Williams @ Chantilly (-6)
- Game of the week. I really like this game. The Titans are 4-0 and have only had 1 close game against SL. They have athletes all over the place as we all know. Chantilly is going to have to win this game in the trenches and find a way to neutralize the Titans’ athletes. Aidan Gobaira is going to have to constantly pressure the Titans QB and jump on them early.

12. Wakefield (-3) @ Herndon
- Meh. Toss up game.I think the Hornets are a little worse than the Warriors.

13. Yorktown (-21) @ McLean
- The Patriots are 2-3 and have lost 3 in a row. That streak ends this week.

Posted by: parentof2 - CORRECTION ()
Date: September 26, 2021 11:51AM

I meant to say Broad Run is 5-0 and am changing the spread to Stone Bridge (-20). My apologizes y’all.

Posted by: nova fan ()
Date: September 26, 2021 12:50PM

Here's a recap of how I did picking against these spreads:

parentof2 - wk 5 results Wrote:
> 1. Edison @ Robinson (-40)
> - Robinson rolls 49-7. I think it was 49-0 at
> halftime.

Picked Robo to won (OBVS), but did not pick against the spread. You did a pretty good job of identifying the spread, though.
>
> 2. Fairfax (-8) @ Falls Church
> - 2nd game of the year that was cancelled. Unlike
> SoCo/WoodBridge though, I believe this game will
> be played at a later date.

I picked Fairfax to win and cover. I assume that if (when?) this game is made up, there will be a different spread.
>
> 3. Herndon @ T.C. Williams (-24)
> - T.C. won and covered, 41-7.

Correctly picked TCW to win and cover.
>
> 4. Lake Braddock (-28) @ Annandale
> - LB won and covered, 56-0. Another absurd score
> at halftime.

Correctly picked Lake Braddock to win and cover.
>
> 5. Madison (-32) @ Langley
> - Madison won easily and covered, 48-0.

Correctly picked Madison to win and cover. I can't believe how much Langley football has gone downhill
>
> 6. Marshall @ Chantilly (-17)
> - Chantilly won and covered, 35-6.

I picked Chantilly to win, and got that right. I thought Marshall was better, and therefore didn't think Chantilly would cover a 17 point spread. By the way, I went to this game on Friday (it was between this and Yorktown @ Westfield). I was impressed by Chantilly's QB. He has a famous name -- can Chantilly fans confirm whether he is any relation?
>
> 7. McLean @ South Lakes (-10)
> - SL won and covered, 39-14. They looked much
> better against the Higlanders than they did
> earlier in the week against Herndon.

Correctly picked South Lakes to win and cover.
>
> 8. Mount Vernon @ West Potomac (-3)
> - West Potomac won and covered, 24-21. Nailed this
> one!

Congratulations on nailing this spread. I correctly picked WestPo to win and cover.
>
> 9. Riverside @ Stone Bridge (-35)
> - SB won and covered, 51-7.

Correctly picked Stone Bridge to win and cover.
>
> 10. South Lakes (-21) @ Herndon
> - South Lakes won, but did not cover. 49-34.

Correctly picked South Lakes to win. I thought South Lakes would also cover, and I got that wrong.
>
> 11. Stuart @ South County (-30)
> - Soco blanked Stuart 62-0.

Correctly picked SoCO to win and cover.
>
> 12. Wakefield (-3) @ Washington-Lee
> - Wakefield won and covered, 7-0.

Correctly picked "little brother" Wakefield to win and cover. You have to feel bad for anyone who actually went to this game.
>
> 13. Woodson (-21) @ Lee
> - Woodson won and covered, 35-2. Lee still yet to
> score a TD this year...

Correctly picked Woodson to win and cover. This is the last cupcake on Woodson's schedule, and Woodson will now become the cupcake on everyone else's schedule.
>
> 14. West Springfield (-14) @ Hayfield
> - West Springfield won on a last second FG, 31-28
> failing to cover. I watched a few min of this
> game. WS was without Adrian Mejia, the Hawks
> fumbled on their first two possessions at their
> own 20 and the back-up Spartans QB (#3) was very
> athletic and played well.

Correctly picked West Springfield to win. I thought they would also cover a 14 point spread, but I was wrong on that.
>
> 15. Yorktown @ Westfield (-9)
> - Westfield won 13-7, failing on cover on their
> Homecoming. Shoutout to the user who posted the
> game summary, that was an excellent analysis.
> Looks like losing their 2 best defensive players
> via transfer is also having a negative effect on
> them. Interesting.

Correctly picked Westfield to win, but I thought they would cover, which was not correct. In hindsight, I should have gone to this game, rather than Chantilly v. Marshall.

Date: September 26, 2021 01:03PM

Thanks again for the spreads; I really enjoy picking against them. Here goes ...

parentof2 - week 6 Wrote:
> Crazy we are already halfway through the season
> y’all! Only 2 games have been affected as well,
> which is great. We are starting to see who is for
> real around the area. Thank you guys for all the
> positive comments and support as well, much
> appreciated! Couple of things I wanted to air out
> before getting to this week’s spreads.
>
> - Highland Springs lost by 1 point to a school
> from WV 2 weeks ago on the same night Oscar Smith
> lost to Bosco. (When was the last time they both
> lost on the same night?) That’s a significant
> loss for HSHS because its the first time they’ve
> lost 2 games in a season since 2013. The path to
> back-to-back rings for Stone Bridge looks a lot
> more likely to happen now unless HSHS gets it
> together.
>
> - Speaking of SB, I never liked how they refuse to
> schedule anyone good. Tuscarora (Class 4 favorite)
> is down the road and they don’t even play them,
> just a scrimmage. Oscar Smith played Bosco and has
> a 9 game schedule because I’m sure the DSA
> wanted to schedule another powerhouse and it fell
> through. Stone Bridge beats the shit out of
> everyone, they need to start scheduling out of
> town stronger programs.
>
> - Tuscarora has a very, very good team and are my
> pick to win the Class 4 State Championship. Stone
> Bridge is my Class 5 favorite and Oscar Smith for
> Class 6. This is all as of today and can change,
> ya never know what can happen. I liked Freedom a
> lot but they lost to Gar-Field for the 2nd year in
> a row, so I’m not sure what to think of them.
> They took Stone Bridge to the wire and have crazy
> tons of talent. I think Overton turns it around
> and we will be seeing Freedom v. Oscar Smith later
> in the year.
>
>
> Alright y’all, let's get to this weeks slate.
> Quite a few schools are on a bye this week, but
> nonetheless, here we go.
>
>
> 1. Annandale @ Bishop O’Connell (-9)
> - Don’t know anything about O’Connell football
> but they are 2-2 and Annandale is horrible, so
> there you have it. Game will also be played on
> Saturday.

Bishop O'Connell is more of a basketball school, and to show that, they recruit 20 year olds to play for them (Google "Junior Etou"). About 8 years ago, they hired a loudmouth coach who was bragging that they could win the WCAC, which, at that time, was one division. That didn't turn out so well, and this convinced the WCAC to go to divisions in football play. Still, I think they are probably better than Annandale, so I'll pick them to win and cover.
>
> 2. Centreville (-38) @ Woodson
> - Score will be similar to the
> Centreville/Wakefield game. Running clock 2nd
> half.

Woodson faces an opponent that is about as opposite of Lee that can be imagined. Centreville wins this easily. Since the spread is more than 35, I'll stick with my policy not to pick against the spread, but I won't be surprised if Centreville beats them by this margin, or even more.
>
> 3. Edison @ Fairfax (-17)
> - Rebels (or Lions) get the win on Homecoming.

When was the last time that Fairfax was a 17 point Favorite??? Probably a decade. I'll take Fairfax to win and cover.
>
> 4. Lee @ West Potomac (-40)
> - Lee has 4 points in 4 games this year. Yes, you
> read that right. They have 2 safeties on the year
> and have yet to score a touchdown. I actually feel
> bad for the kids. I would've made the spread
> higher but it's WP's Homecoming and I think Coach
> will let the reserves play. Maybe Lee scores a TD
> this week?

When trying to assign a point spread for games involving Lee, I think the formula is to start by identifying an appropriate multiple of 7 based on how strong the opponent is, then subtract 2 points for the inevitable safety that Lee has a knack for scoring. A 40 point spread follows this formula. I'll pick West Po to win. No pick against a >35 point spread.
>
> 5. Lightridge @ Thomas Jefferson (-3)
> - Lightridge is a new school in Aldie, I’m not
> even sure they are fielding a Varsity team yet,
> but I will assume they are. TJ is 4-0 and it’s
> time for them to play a National District schedule
> again. They can compete in that district so they
> should stop backing down in my opinion.

Dare I say TJ wins and covers? Yes, I do.
>
> 6. Madison (-24) @ Marshall
> - Warhawks will keep rolling.

I had higher hopes for Marshall. Madison wins and covers.
>
> 7. Oakton @ West Springfield (-8)
> - Co-game of the week, one of the reasons being
> that both teams are 4-0 for the first time since
> 2012 for Oakton and 2005 for West Springfield. The
> Spartans should win their Homecoming game, is
> Adrian Mejia’s (QB1) injury serious? If Oakton
> wins this game and can compete in the Concorde, it
> may be time to start taking them seriously again.

I'm glad Oakton has recovered (it's been a bad stretch for them), but I'm not quite sold yet. I'll take West Springfield to win and cover. I'll admit, I think this is the toughest game to pick.
>
>
> 8. South County (-28) @ Mount Vernon
> - Down year for the Majors, I was tempted to make
> the spread on this one higher.

South County wins and covers.
>
> 9. South Lakes @ Lake Braddock (-17)
> - Intriguing game, it was almost my co-game of the
> week. I’m not sure what to make of SL, this will
> be a big test for them. If they get blown out,
> yikes. SL is having a down(ish) year so far but
> they’re better than Annandale, so LB better have
> a good week of practice, they have a chance to
> make a statement.

Lake Braddock wins, but doesn't cover.
>
> 10. Stone Bridge (-38) @ Broad Run
> - 0-5 Broad Run is not gonna have a good time
> Friday night.

Spread was changed to StoneBridge -20. I'll take them to win and cover that spread.
>
> 11. T.C. Williams @ Chantilly (-6)
> - Game of the week. I really like this game. The
> Titans are 4-0 and have only had 1 close game
> against SL. They have athletes all over the place
> as we all know. Chantilly is going to have to win
> this game in the trenches and find a way to
> neutralize the Titans’ athletes. Aidan Gobaira
> is going to have to constantly pressure the Titans
> QB and jump on them early.

I'd agree, game of the week. I think Chantilly wins and covers.
>
> 12. Wakefield (-3) @ Herndon
> - Meh. Toss up game.I think the Hornets are a
> little worse than the Warriors.

I agree. Wakefield wins and covers.
>
> 13. Yorktown (-21) @ McLean
> - The Patriots are 2-3 and have lost 3 in a row.
> That streak ends this week.

I agree, I think Yorktown wins, but I don't think they'll win by 21.

Posted by: Nuttfann ()
Date: September 26, 2021 01:26PM

Watching the Freedom vs Gar-field game.. Overton elected to go for 4/24 @ his own 6 yd line.. Only got about 5 yrds on that play!! Freedom's defense pushed Gar-Field back for a 4/11 but it was converted to a TD!! Freedom has trouble vs the run and cannot handle Gar-field's blitzing defense. Plus Freedom makes too many mistakes with huge penalties.

Freedom will likely have to get past Gar-field or Battlefield before they get the chance to make that god aweful drive down to the 757! I think Gar-field exposed Overton yesterday. If Garfield hadn't kept trying to pass the ball, they would have rolled the Eagle for 35+ points.

Posted by: Live ()
Date: September 26, 2021 01:41PM

Chantilly QB… yes he is the grandson. His dad played at UVa.

Posted by: FWBFB ()
Date: September 26, 2021 01:53PM

Damn, Freedom looked that bad? & 4th and 24 from your own 6 is literally retarded lmao what the hell was he thinking?

Posted by: OSmith ()
Date: September 26, 2021 02:01PM

@Parentof2 Oscar Smith did in fact pick up a 10th game - confirmed today against Phoebus on November 5th.

Posted by: getting crushed ()
Date: September 26, 2021 02:22PM

Woodson is back Baby!
The Cavs have won 2 in a row
This is a young team, who as you can clearly see, has gotten better in each game they have played.
The QB, RB and Receiver are all in the top 10 leaders in statistics in the state.
The QB is nationally ranked and they have a scholarship DE on defense.
Watch out Centreville, we are confident and are looking for win number 3, that's called a winning streak! We are all grit no quit

Posted by: region guy thoughts ()
Date: September 26, 2021 05:57PM

getting crushed Wrote:
> Woodson is back Baby!
> The Cavs have won 2 in a row
> This is a young team, who as you can clearly see,
> has gotten better in each game they have played.
> The QB, RB and Receiver are all in the top 10
> leaders in statistics in the state.
> The QB is nationally ranked and they have a
> scholarship DE on defense.
> Watch out Centreville, we are confident and are
> looking for win number 3, that's called a winning
> streak! We are all grit no quit

What kind of Kool aid are they serving at Woodson?
lol....Woodson's win streak is over for the year. They will not beat a team that will actually win a game this year. Can you say 2-8

Posted by: Region C&D top 10 ()
Date: September 26, 2021 06:44PM

1)Madison
2)South County
3)Robinson
4)Chantilly
5)Centreville
6)West Springfield
7)Lake Braddock
8) Alexandria City
9) Westfield
10)West Potomac

Posted by: ponies ()
Date: September 26, 2021 07:13PM

parentof2 - wk 5 results Wrote:
> 2. Fairfax (-8) @ Falls Church
> - 2nd game of the year that was cancelled. Unlike
> SoCo/WoodBridge though, I believe this game will
> be played at a later date.

SoCo/Woodbridge play this tuesday

Posted by: Great and yellow ()
Date: September 26, 2021 08:33PM

ponies Wrote:
> parentof2 - wk 5 results Wrote:
> -----
> > 2. Fairfax (-8) @ Falls Church
> > - 2nd game of the year that was cancelled.
> Unlike
> > SoCo/WoodBridge though, I believe this game
> will
> > be played at a later date.
>
> SoCo/Woodbridge play this tuesday

Woodbridge wins this one by 10

Posted by: football observer ()
Date: September 26, 2021 09:11PM

parentof2 - week 6 Wrote:
> Tuscarora (Class 4 favorite)

Tuscarora is a good team but losing to Heritage disqualifies them as a title favorite for now. The only decent team they've beaten is Champe and the RB got 43 carries in that game, harkening back to the Noah Reimers era. Better hope he stays healthy.

> 1. Annandale @ Bishop O’Connell (-9)
> - Don’t know anything about O’Connell football
> but they are 2-2 and Annandale is horrible, so
> there you have it. Game will also be played on
> Saturday.

Literally the most intriguing matchup of the year, bad public school team against bad private school team. Gonna pick O'Connell to cover but hope I'm wrong.

> 2. Centreville (-38) @ Woodson
> - Score will be similar to the
> Centreville/Wakefield game. Running clock 2nd
> half.

Centreville by 42.

> 3. Edison @ Fairfax (-17)
> - Rebels (or Lions) get the win on Homecoming.

Fairfax cover.

> 4. Lee @ West Potomac (-40)
> - Lee has 4 points in 4 games this year. Yes, you
> read that right. They have 2 safeties on the year
> and have yet to score a touchdown. I actually feel
> bad for the kids. I would've made the spread
> higher but it's WP's Homecoming and I think Coach
> will let the reserves play. Maybe Lee scores a TD
> this week?

West Po QB got hurt against Mount Vernon and while the backup got a couple plays, they mostly put their fast receiver at QB and ran every play. If they can't pass against Lewis I could see them coming up short of 40 but I'll pick WP to cover anyway.

> 5. Lightridge @ Thomas Jefferson (-3)
> - Lightridge is a new school in Aldie, I’m not
> even sure they are fielding a Varsity team yet,
> but I will assume they are. TJ is 4-0 and it’s
> time for them to play a National District schedule
> again. They can compete in that district so they
> should stop backing down in my opinion.

Lightridge edged TJ last year when they didn't have any seniors, so I think they win outright here.

> 6. Madison (-24) @ Marshall
> - Warhawks will keep rolling.

Madison too good.

> 7. Oakton @ West Springfield (-8)
> - Co-game of the week, one of the reasons being
> that both teams are 4-0 for the first time since
> 2012 for Oakton and 2005 for West Springfield. The
> Spartans should win their Homecoming game, is
> Adrian Mejia’s (QB1) injury serious? If Oakton
> wins this game and can compete in the Concorde, it
> may be time to start taking them seriously again.

Don't yet know what to make of either team so gimme Oakton and the points.

> 8. South County (-28) @ Mount Vernon
> - Down year for the Majors, I was tempted to make
> the spread on this one higher.

Mount Vernon is capable of a big play or two but SoCo covers.

> 9. South Lakes @ Lake Braddock (-17)
> - Intriguing game, it was almost my co-game of the
> week. I’m not sure what to make of SL, this will
> be a big test for them. If they get blown out,
> yikes. SL is having a down(ish) year so far but
> they’re better than Annandale, so LB better have
> a good week of practice, they have a chance to
> make a statement.

LB cover.

> 10. Stone Bridge (-20) @ Broad Run
> - 5-0 Broad Run is not gonna have a good time
> Friday night.

The best regular-season game in NoVa this year. They are playing at the soccer stadium in Leesburg. Stone Bridge wins but Broad Run covers the revised spread.

> 11. T.C. Williams @ Chantilly (-6)
> - Game of the week. I really like this game. The
> Titans are 4-0 and have only had 1 close game
> against SL. They have athletes all over the place
> as we all know. Chantilly is going to have to win
> this game in the trenches and find a way to
> neutralize the Titans’ athletes. Aidan Gobaira
> is going to have to constantly pressure the Titans
> QB and jump on them early.

Huge step up in competition for the Titans, Chantilly covers.

> 12. Wakefield (-3) @ Herndon
> - Meh. Toss up game.I think the Hornets are a
> little worse than the Warriors.

Wakefield

> 13. Yorktown (-21) @ McLean
> - The Patriots are 2-3 and have lost 3 in a row.
> That streak ends this week.

Yorktown easily handled McLean's better teams the last couple years, so they cover against this year's edition of the Highlanders.

Posted by: Coach Rivers ()
Date: September 26, 2021 09:46PM

Wife and kids.
Attachments:
A90D9B81-F68E-40A6-9BFC-ABA47EE34125.jpeg

Posted by: News Alert ()
Date: September 27, 2021 10:29AM

Soco and MV will now play Saturday at 4 pm since Soco is playing 2 games this week. Stone Bridge and broad run will also play Saturday night at that soccer field (wonder why?)

Posted by: Hey... Parent of 2!!!!! ()
Date: September 27, 2021 11:06AM

Parent of 2? Please share with us some of what you must be smoking! Broad Run is a 20 point underdog to Stone Bridge. 20 point spread? And Tuscarora blows this year. Lost to Heritage, which is almost unfathomable. Broad Run beats Tuscarora twice in a month and will be Class 4 rep at states. Look for Broad Run to beat Stone Bridge straight up, never mind your ridiculous 20 point spread.

Posted by: Loco Native ()
Date: September 27, 2021 02:13PM

While I do agree the -20 spread is a bit high, you might be the high one if you think BR beats SB outright. SB is going to win, they simply are the better football team. Going to be a great game though I can’t wait to go

Posted by: Power Points ()
Date: September 27, 2021 06:08PM

9/25/21 6D Power Point Standings
Oakton 28
Madison 26.8
Centreville 26.3
Chantilly 25.8
Westfield 24.4
Marshall 23.2
South Lakes 22.8
Wakefield 21.4
-----
Yorktown 20.8
McLean 19
Langley 17
Washington-Liberty 17
Herndon 16.5

Posted by: Power Points ()
Date: September 27, 2021 06:09PM

9/25/21 6C Power Point Standings
South County 29.3
Robinson 29.2
Fairfax 28
West Springfield 28
Alexandria 28
West Potomac 26
Lake Braddock 25.8
W.T. Woodson 21.5
-----
Mount Vernon 21.2
Justice 19.6
Edison 19
Hayfield 19
Annandale 19
Falls Church 16.3
Lewis 16.3

Posted by: Region D Unbalanced ()
Date: September 27, 2021 06:48PM

Power Points Wrote:
> 9/25/21 6C Power Point Standings
> South County 29.3
> Robinson 29.2
> Fairfax 28
> West Springfield 28
> Alexandria 28
> West Potomac 26
> Lake Braddock 25.8
> W.T. Woodson 21.5
> -----
> Mount Vernon 21.2
> Justice 19.6
> Edison 19
> Hayfield 19
> Annandale 19
> Falls Church 16.3
> Lewis 16.3

Interesting that all eight teams in the Patriot are currently in the playoffs and all seven teams in the other district are out. Shows how uneven the districts are. Once we get into district play though teams in the Patriot will lose to each other and the teams in the other district will get some wins. I'd imagine two teams from the weaker district make it and six from the Patriot get in.

Posted by: High School Football ()
Date: September 27, 2021 10:36PM

Is gay as fuck.
Attachments:
1A189D8E-BBE7-4FCB-8C5F-7CD1BC59C9F0.jpeg

Posted by: Nutttfann ()
Date: September 27, 2021 11:19PM

VHSL Class 6 rankings from VaPreps BEFORE last Friday

1 Oscar Smith
2 South County
3 Thomas Dale
4 Freedom-PW
5 Manchester
6 Madison
7 Ocean Lakes
8 Robinson
9 Centreville
10 Unity Reed

Have to start condidering Battlefield. & Gar-field on this list.

Posted by: Oscar Smith ()
Date: September 28, 2021 01:48AM

Nutttfann Wrote:
> VHSL Class 6 rankings from VaPreps BEFORE last
> Friday
>
> 1 Oscar Smith
> 2 South County
> 3 Thomas Dale
> 4 Freedom-PW
> 5 Manchester
> 6 Madison
> 7 Ocean Lakes
> 8 Robinson
> 9 Centreville
> 10 Unity Reed
>
> Have to start condidering Battlefield. & Gar-field
> on this list.

Just got raped by some California boys! Bellflower niggas! oscar Smith is shit!

https://youtu.be/3JgIGi-wL9E
Attachments:
97A218E8-8875-48DD-AD15-4C154DC62995.gif
57A3E0A0-E6EE-41FC-97A5-50BA40C9FE74.gif
2299A445-8C1D-4D9E-877D-B6A41B298BC4.gif
2DB1425A-359F-40D1-994E-57CF464FA153.gif

Posted by: From the Grand Stands ()
Date: September 28, 2021 07:56AM

nova fan Wrote:

> > 5. Madison (-32) @ Langley
> > - Madison won easily and covered, 48-0.
>
> Correctly picked Madison to win and cover. I
> can't believe how much Langley football has gone
> downhill
> >

A lot of Langley area parents rather send their kids to private schools. It's probably the only under capacity high school in the county.

Date: September 28, 2021 09:31AM

nova fan Wrote:

> > 5. Madison (-32) @ Langley
> > - Madison won easily and covered, 48-0.
>
> Correctly picked Madison to win and cover. I
> can't believe how much Langley football has gone
> downhill
> >

>From the Grand Stands Wrote:
> A lot of Langley area parents rather send their kids to private schools. It's
> probably the only under capacity high school in the county.

Madison was playing the backups early in the second quarter. With the running clocking in the second half, they were on the Langley 1 yard line with 5 minutes left and just took a knee for 4 downs and gave the ball back to Langley for what ended up being the Saxons final play.

The Madison @ Marshall game this Friday will be an interesting measuring stick.

Date: September 28, 2021 10:14AM

Region D Unbalanced Wrote:
> Power Points Wrote:
> -----
> > 9/25/21 6C Power Point Standings
> > South County 29.3
> > Robinson 29.2
> > Fairfax 28
> > West Springfield 28
> > Alexandria 28
> > West Potomac 26
> > Lake Braddock 25.8
> > W.T. Woodson 21.5
> > -----
> > Mount Vernon 21.2
> > Justice 19.6
> > Edison 19
> > Hayfield 19
> > Annandale 19
> > Falls Church 16.3
> > Lewis 16.3
>
> Interesting that all eight teams in the Patriot
> are currently in the playoffs and all seven teams
> in the other district are out. Shows how uneven
> the districts are. Once we get into district play
> though teams in the Patriot will lose to each
> other and the teams in the other district will get
> some wins. I'd imagine two teams from the weaker
> district make it and six from the Patriot get in.

That is an interesting observation, and I have to wonder why the VHSL chose this particular realignment. It doesn't make sense in terms of geographical compactness -- a more compact alignment would swap Annandale for West Potomac.

A comment on schedules. The new National plays a complete round robin schedule. I verified this on Mt. Vernon's website -- they play all six National District teams. Patriot is different -- Each Patriot school only plays 5 games against other Patriot teams, and two are off each school's schedule. Examples: Fairfax doesn't play TCW or South County. Robinson also skips TCW and South County. South County doesn't have Fairfax or Robo. Woodson skips West Springfield and West Potomac. Having certain schools off the schedule will cut down on the amount of losses. Even so, I expect that one or two Patriot schools will miss the playoffs. Woodson is the best bet for one of those schools.

Posted by: Some Thoughts... ()
Date: September 28, 2021 10:23AM

Geez the Langley and Madison game was that ugly? Lol respect to Madison for taking 4 knees on the 1. Sounds like they could’ve won 85-0 if they wanted. We all know Stone Bridge would have done just that. #RunItUp #UntilTheKidsCry #OrBegForMercy

Posted by: Region D Unbalanced ()
Date: September 28, 2021 10:40AM

Just did a little research. The Patriot is 15-0 vs the other district so far this season with 3 more games to be played this weekend.
Edison vs Fairfax
Lewis vs West Potomac
Mount Vernon vs South County
All likely wins for the Patriot which will put them at 18-0 in intra district play this year.
With West Potomac beating Mount Vernon last week it's reasonable to say that the 7th place Patriot team is better than the 1st place team in the National.

Posted by: Paint thinner ()
Date: September 28, 2021 10:58AM

Oakton is what west Springfield has been for the past 6 years .500 cupcake out of conference schedule will loose every conference game for the next few years. Not much to brag about beating Lee stuart and almost blowing a lead against yorktown. Also south county is a one man show. Football is a team game that is won or lost in the trenches. Being a one man show doesn’t stop power football this isn’t the Big12. Spalding had a great career good luck in college Rollanders system doesn’t breed football players only capitalized on talent that is handed to him. Why do you people south county is so streaky the past couple years.

Posted by: Nova Football ()
Date: September 28, 2021 12:22PM

Does anyone know where to see if the playoffs started now who would be in

Posted by: FC Alum ()
Date: September 28, 2021 12:43PM

Just curious, how is hayfield looking? I see they are 1-4. Has the new coach made a difference?

Posted by: Thinner paint ()
Date: September 28, 2021 12:52PM

Paint thinner Wrote:
> Oakton is what west Springfield has been for the
> past 6 years .500 cupcake out of conference
> schedule will loose every conference game for the
> next few years. Not much to brag about beating Lee
> stuart and almost blowing a lead against yorktown.
> Also south county is a one man show. Football is a
> team game that is won or lost in the trenches.
> Being a one man show doesn’t stop power football
> this isn’t the Big12. Spalding had a great
> career good luck in college Rollanders system
> doesn’t breed football players only capitalized
> on talent that is handed to him. Why do you people
> south county is so streaky the past couple years.

Not one school in NOVA breeds talent anymore if the kids worth a shit they go to private schools

Posted by: PowerPoints ()
Date: September 28, 2021 01:10PM

Week 4:

Region C
South County (88) 29.33
Robinson (146) 29.20
Fairfax (84) 28.00
West Springfield (112) 28.00
Alexandria City (112) 28.00
West Potomac (104) 26.00
Lake Braddock (103) 25.75
W.T. Woodson (86) 21.50
-----
Mount Vernon (106) 21.20
Justice (98) 19.60
Edison (95) 19.00
Hayfield (95) 19.00
Annandale (95) 19.00
Falls Church (65) 16.25
Lewis (65) 16.25

Region D
Oakton (112) 28.00
Madison (107) 26.75
Centreville (105) 26.25
Chantilly (103) 25.75
Westfield (122) 24.40
Marshall (116) 23.20
South Lakes (91) 22.75
Wakefield (107) 21.40
-----
Yorktown (104) 20.80
McLean (95) 19.00
Langley (85) 17.00
Washington-Liberty (85) 17.00
Herndon (66) 16.50

Posted by: just observations ()
Date: September 28, 2021 01:40PM

Thinner paint Wrote:
> Paint thinner Wrote:
> -----
> > Oakton is what west Springfield has been for
> the
> > past 6 years .500 cupcake out of conference
> > schedule will loose every conference game for
> the
> > next few years. Not much to brag about beating
> Lee
> > stuart and almost blowing a lead against
> yorktown.
> > Also south county is a one man show. Football is
> a
> > team game that is won or lost in the trenches.
> > Being a one man show doesn’t stop power
> football
> > this isn’t the Big12. Spalding had a great
> > career good luck in college Rollanders system
> > doesn’t breed football players only
> capitalized
> > on talent that is handed to him. Why do you
> people
> > south county is so streaky the past couple
> years.
>
> Not one school in NOVA breeds talent anymore if
> the kids worth a shit they go to private schools

The point with Oakton is, they have gotten better, before they were losing to those as you call them "cupcake teams". Oakton may not win any district games this year, but the program seems to be headed in the right direction. It takes time to build a program back from where Oakton has been the past few years.
SoCo has athletes all over the field, its not a one man show. Now can Rollander get them to play as a team? That's the real question. I would like to see them and Robinson play, that will give a good idea where both teams are this year

Posted by: From the Grand Stands ()
Date: September 28, 2021 02:31PM

Live Wrote:
> nova fan Wrote:
> -----
>
> > > 5. Madison (-32) @ Langley
> > > - Madison won easily and covered, 48-0.
> >
> > Correctly picked Madison to win and cover. I
> > can't believe how much Langley football has
> gone
> > downhill
> > >
>
> >From the Grand Stands Wrote:
> -----
> > A lot of Langley area parents rather send their
> kids to private schools. It's
> > probably the only under capacity high school in
> the county.
>
> Madison was playing the backups early in the
> second quarter. With the running clocking in the
> second half, they were on the Langley 1 yard line
> with 5 minutes left and just took a knee for 4
> downs and gave the ball back to Langley for what
> ended up being the Saxons final play.
>
> The Madison @ Marshall game this Friday will be an
> interesting measuring stick.

The Madison sideline looked like the whole Town of Vienna was on the roster in comparison of Langley's.

Posted by: O. Smith ()
Date: September 28, 2021 02:44PM

The tempo spread / option mix that SoCo runs has 1 weakness. HS kids have to keep things simple to implement it.. So, their plays are limited.. The reason Smith smoked them in the Spring was because they are VERY personell & formation oriented.. Smith's Coaches knew ALL their plays & the defense knew when to drop their linebackers into coverage vs when to stop the run. South County had no backup plan.

Both teams lost a lot of seniors for the FallBall but I doubt the result will be different in December.. It just won't be a blowout this time.. I expect Madison to be making the trip south anyway!

Posted by: Hawks Alum ()
Date: September 28, 2021 02:52PM

Hayfield looks better. They started out with LB & SoCo and got soundly defeated. The star point guard is also their QB, they struggle on offense. The defense has mightily improved. Last second losses to Marshall and West Springfield tells me they’ve gotten better. They may not lose a district game.

Posted by: Nuttfannn ()
Date: September 29, 2021 08:43AM

After Freedom loses to Gar-field (2-2) they are ranked way too high. Massaponaxis now class 5. & is 0-2...Riverbend is Class 5

Maxxpreps is losing credibility!!! Let's see what FFU can do with this list.

School Ovr. Str.
1 Oscar Smith (Chesapeake) 3-1 23.3
2 Freedom (Woodbridge) 3-2 20.8
3 Robinson (Fairfax) 5-0 -8.9
4 Madison (Vienna) 3-1 6.4
5 Battlefield (Haymarket) 4-0 3.0
6 Massaponax (Spotsylvania) 0-2 19.6
7 Gar-Field (Woodbridge) 2-2 23.0
8 South County (Lorton) 3-0 -5.1
9 Riverbend (Fredericksburg) 4-1 6.0
10 Ocean Lakes (Virginia Beach) 4-0 -6.8
11 Dale (Chester) 2-1 2.4
12 Western Branch (Chesapeake) 4-1 -0.7
13 Centreville (Clifton) 3-1 -1.0
14 Unity Reed (Manassas) 3-2 13.8
15 Patriot (Nokesville) 3-2 6.3
16 John Champe (Aldie) 3-2 3.0
17 Lake Braddock (Burke) 3-1 1.4
18 Colonial Forge (Stafford) 2-2 12.2
19 T.C. Williams (Alexandria) 4-0 -16.3
20 Chantilly 3-1 -6.9
21 Franklin County (Rocky Mount) 1-3 19.8
22 West Springfield (Springfield) 4-0 -13.7
23 Westfield (Chantilly) 3-2 0.6
24 Forest Park (Woodbridge) 2-3 11.9
25 Woodbridge 2-2 10.8

Posted by: About last night ()
Date: September 29, 2021 09:54AM

South County beat Woodbridge 35-14, next is MV Saturday at 4 pm.

Posted by: SOCO correction ()
Date: September 29, 2021 01:41PM

South County 35 Woodbridge 13. Woodbridge scored on a pass with less than a minute and unsuccessfully went for 2.

Posted by: Parentof1 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 02:19PM

When oakton was 0-10, they still played south lakes, braddock, Battlefield, and other playoff caliber teams on top of the concorde. Oakton never lost to cupcake teams, if they had an easy schedule they would have had this record for a few years now. They still need to prove themselves in the concorde before they become a team to look out for.

Posted by: Parentof1 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 02:19PM

When oakton was 0-10, they still played south lakes, braddock, Battlefield, and other playoff caliber teams on top of the concorde. Oakton never lost to cupcake teams, if they had an easy schedule they would have had this record for a few years now. They still need to prove themselves in the concorde before they become a team to look out for.

Posted by: Ya Big Dope ()
Date: September 29, 2021 03:31PM

Hey Loco Native, Care to make a wager on the Broad Run - Stone Bridge game?
I'll take Broad Run plus 8. Surely the defending 5A state champs can handle such a spread against 4A school that doesn't get the recruits. Money where your mouth is?

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: September 29, 2021 10:40PM

Top 4A, 5A and 6A schools are all about equal in NoVA. No 6A in Loudoun county. Why?

Posted by: Running rebels ()
Date: September 30, 2021 04:23AM

Not many are acknowledging fairfax but the boys are undefeated and look like they are area contenders. I know I know cupcake schedule but we are undefeated and have the best player in the area (Rojas). We match up well with the rest of our schedule don’t be surprised when we upset a couple of teams in the playoffs.

Posted by: ECUDY ()
Date: September 30, 2021 07:47AM

nufan Wrote:
> Top 4A, 5A and 6A schools are all about equal in
> NoVA. No 6A in Loudoun county. Why?

Not true. Freedom (South Riding) and Champe are D6. However, in the past, LC Loudon built their schools with a specific capacity. Unless they change that policy, or start renovating to add capacity, there is not much chance too many of the current schools get to D6 size any time soon. With the growth rate in LC that is going to stop soon enough.

Posted by: ECUDY ()
Date: September 30, 2021 07:48AM

nufan Wrote:
> Top 4A, 5A and 6A schools are all about equal in
> NoVA. No 6A in Loudoun county. Why?

Not true. Freedom (South Riding) and Champe are D6. However, in the past, LC Loudon built their schools with a specific capacity. Unless they change that policy, or start renovating to add capacity, there is not much chance too many of the current schools get to D6 size any time soon. With the growth rate in LC that is going to stop soon enough.

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: September 30, 2021 09:06PM

Didn’t know they moved up to 6A……

Posted by: wkkiu ()
Date: September 30, 2021 09:36PM

Go Hornets!

Posted by: jfuvue ()
Date: October 01, 2021 10:02AM

What games should I keep an eye on tonight? Chantilly/Alexandria?

Posted by: TWYE7 ()
Date: October 01, 2021 11:49AM

jfuvue Wrote:
> What games should I keep an eye on tonight?
> Chantilly/Alexandria?

With a lot of teams on a bye this week, and a whole bunch of games that will be blowouts, Alexandria at Chantilly is probably your best bet. Other interesting games might be Battlefield at Freedom (SR) - probably a BF win, and Oakton at West Springfield. Oak-WS should be competitive and will show if Oak, who has played a weak schedule, has any chance of winning more than one Concorde game.

The clear best game is Stone Bridge at Broad Run (in Leesburg) but that game is sold out.

Posted by: changwang ()
Date: October 01, 2021 01:00PM

Broad Run/SB is on Saturday afternoon. I also don’t know if PWC and LOCO games are free to watch on NFHS Network. Alexandria home games aren’t free either, on FFX CO games are free. Thankfully The Alex/Tilly game is at Chantilly

Posted by: VBLFU ()
Date: October 01, 2021 01:03PM

Go Hornets!

Posted by: ncbcns ()
Date: October 01, 2021 07:29PM

Oakton up 14-0 on West Springfield with 4 min left in the 1st.

Posted by: hchche ()
Date: October 01, 2021 07:50PM

West Potomac up 35-0 on Lewis end of the 1st.
Madison up 6-0 on Marshall at halftime.

Posted by: XMYBS ()
Date: October 01, 2021 07:59PM

Chantilly 13 Alexandria City 7

Last second score before half puts the Titans on the board…..lots of mistakes for Chantilly in this game we’ll see if they can clean it up.

Posted by: Rebellious Lion ()
Date: October 01, 2021 08:04PM

Halftime Fairfax 42, Edison 0

Posted by: LBSL ()
Date: October 01, 2021 08:04PM

LB up on SL 35-28 at halftime. Points points points points points!

Posted by: Thoughts ()
Date: October 01, 2021 08:09PM

Wow, some Fairfax County programs have gone downhill, some of those scores are ridiculous.

Posted by: kcncnsn ()
Date: October 01, 2021 08:24PM

Oakton up 21-7 on West Springfield with 3:30 until halftime.

Posted by: jcncn ()
Date: October 01, 2021 08:31PM

Oakton up 21-13 on West Springfield at halftime.

Date: October 01, 2021 09:01PM

Chantilly 27 Alexandria City 14 8 mins left in the 4th Q

Oakton 21 West Springfield 21 3rd Q

Centreville 36 Woodson 0

Is Centreville back to their old selves? Or just playing inferior opponents?

Date: October 01, 2021 09:17PM

Madison 33 Marshall 7
2:49 to go in Q4

Date: October 01, 2021 09:30PM

Chantilly 41 Alexandria City 27 Final

Big Win for the chargers

Posted by: jxyvu ()
Date: October 01, 2021 10:07PM

XYMBS Wrote:
> Chantilly 41 Alexandria City 27 Final
>
>
>
> Big Win for the chargers

Yes - this was a really good game and fun to watch. A lot of big plays throughout. One of the more interesting plays was a Chantilly interception in the end zone - the Chantilly DB decided to bring the ball out and was stripped of the football just past the goal line. Alexandria recovered the fumble in the end zone for a TD. Alexandria hit a handful of big pass plays throughout the game but the Chantilly QB was just too much. He had big runs throughout the game - pretty much whenever Chantilly wanted it. Probably had 3 or 4 TD runs.

Posted by: Wtw ()
Date: October 02, 2021 06:58AM

Who is the fat slob they replaced Van Acker with? Woodson can throw their hat in the ring for worst coached team in fairfax co. They have some pretty good size and good looking WR’s and they could not get a first down on Cville’s starters

Date: October 02, 2021 08:01AM

http://facebook.com/GamedayBroadcast

Free link to the Stone Bridge & Broad Run game tonight. You’re welcome.

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 14

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.