HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bullshit Ticket
Posted by: Uhhcyaa ()
Date: May 13, 2007 10:42PM

Hey guys, anyone ever come across a time when you were pulled over and you didn't have your license with you? Did you fight the ticket? how much was it for?

I got one yesterday when i was ironically driving to go pick it back up because i had left it there that day and my moms car's front plate bracket broke off last month so he pulled me over for it.... I explained it to him and showed him the broken piece. He only writes me a ticket for my license. Go figure. Any input would be good. He said the judge will sometimes drop the case if you bring your license to court. What to do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bullshit Ticket
Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: May 13, 2007 10:58PM

I have taken my license to the Magistrate who then in turn, got rid of the ticket. It has been years, but I do not see why this option wouldn't be avail.

I hope this helps.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: May 13, 2007 11:24PM

I think VA law says you a have certain period of time to produce the license and then the ticket will be dismissed.

Posted by: Uhhcyaa ()
Date: May 14, 2007 09:58AM

If this is true, where do i go to do this?

Posted by: FairF4x0r ()
Date: May 14, 2007 10:15AM

See post #2.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: May 14, 2007 10:23AM

I've never had any kind of license charge stick in court if I arrived with a valid license in hand. I probably got lucky a few times, but nonetheless... if that's the worst you have to deal with, it's no big deal.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: May 14, 2007 11:36AM

What's the code number of the offense?

Posted by: Schrute ()
Date: May 17, 2007 12:54PM

All you have to do is take your license to the magistrate, or pay the $10 pre-payable ticket. For your reading pleasure:

ยง 46.2-104. Possession of registration cards; exhibiting registration card and licenses; failure to carry license or registration card.

The operator of any motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer being operated on the highways in the Commonwealth, shall have in his possession: (i) the registration card issued by the Department or the registration card issued by the state or country in which the motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer is registered, and (ii) his driver's license, learner's permit, or temporary driver's permit.

The owner or operator of any motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer shall stop on the signal of any law-enforcement officer who is in uniform or shows his badge or other sign of authority and shall, on the officer's request, exhibit his registration card, driver's license, learner's permit, or temporary driver's permit and write his name in the presence of the officer, if so required, for the purpose of establishing his identity.

Every person licensed by the Department as a driver or issued a learner's or temporary driver's permit who fails to carry his license or permit, and the registration card for the vehicle which he operates, shall be guilty of a traffic infraction and upon conviction punished by a fine of ten dollars. However, if any person summoned to appear before a court for failure to display his license, permit, or registration card presents to the officer issuing the summons or a magistrate of the county or city in which the summons was issued, before the return date of the summons, a license or permit issued to him prior to the time the summons was issued or a registration card, as the case may be, or appears pursuant to the summons and produces before the court a license or permit issued to him prior to the time the summons was issued or a registration card, as the case may be, he shall have complied with the provisions of this section.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-104

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.