HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is it just me??
Posted by: Matt0681 ()
Date: May 13, 2007 09:51AM

I am a transplant to Northern Virginia, I've lived here for 2 years now. What I've noticed is that all throughout NOVA the McDonalds outnumber all the other fast food joints like 4 to 1. I work in Vienna and would like to have BK or Chick-Fil-A for lunch sometime. Nope, but we gots 3 McDonalds!! Is this just me or have any of y'all noticed this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is it just me??
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 13, 2007 10:58AM

I work in Vienna and would like to have BK or

I've noticed that, the # of McD's in the Vienna/Falls Church/McLean triangle is pretty ridiculous. I can count 8 McD's within 5 minutes of my place.

The only BK near the Vienna/Tysons area is on 7 near downtown Falls Church. There used to be a Chick Fil-A in the Galleria food court, but they removed it when the Cheesecake Factory moved in. I think the closest one now might be the one in Reston.

I don't eat alot of fast food so it doesn't really matter, but it'd be nice to see something a little different for a change.

Posted by: Buck ()
Date: May 13, 2007 12:41PM

I was actually thinking the other day how NoVA really doesn't have it's own local cuisine (or perhaps you guys can suggest one). They just seem to adopt everyone elses or as you guys have pointed out, there are A LOT of franchises.. Five Guys is about the only local invention that comes to mind (even then it's just burgers and dogs).

Anything that you can think of?

Buck

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 13, 2007 06:00PM

NoVA really doesn't have it's own local cuisine

Yeah, the DC area in general is sort of a hodge podge of ethnic and regional cuisines, without anything that could really be considered "local". Five Guys is a good example, and maybe Anita's, although neither are indigenous to this area. It'd be nice if there was something a little more local like you find in cities like Philly, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh. But, I'd definitely say that NoVA/DC probably has more variety and high quality restaurants than some of those cities, which is a great thing.

Posted by: cw ()
Date: May 13, 2007 08:53PM

The other factor is you usually get an hour for lunch. You cant get into and out of most restaurants in that time considering the traffic you sit in to get there and the extra slow service once you are there.

I used to hit something like Ruby Tuesday or Fridays for lunch but the service was so slow and a simple order like a hamburger took 30 minutes from ordering it to getting to your table. Count in your travel time and such you may have 5-10 minutes to eat.

I finally resorted to the hot food bar and salad bar at Shoppers. The price was good and you got what you wanted without waiting.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.