HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is it okay to activate baseball speed radar gun to slow down crazy drivers who have radar detectors in Fairfax County?
Posted by: ConfusedBaseballFan ()
Date: May 12, 2007 02:21PM

Is it okay to activate baseball speed radar gun to slow down crazy drivers who have radar detectors in Fairfax County? It works, but I just want to know if it's morally/ethically wrong? (assuming these dudes are all going at near 90mph)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is it okay to activate baseball speed radar gun to slow down crazy drivers who have radar detectors in Fairfax County?
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 12, 2007 08:03PM

no, it's not ok to use a "baseball speed radar gun." besides the legality of such items, you are also directing your attecntion away from your own driving and thus could run over billy the idiot boy. for further information on what to do in traffic, please see the DMV driving manual. go find the manual your-fucking-self.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2007 08:05PM by Gravis.

Re: Is it okay to activate baseball speed radar gun to slow down crazy drivers who have radar detectors in Fairfax County?
Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: May 12, 2007 08:24PM

Gravis, is it time for a tampon change?

Posted by: ilovaaaa ()
Date: May 12, 2007 09:02PM

hey gravis
does billy drive a jeep?

Posted by: baseballfan ()
Date: May 12, 2007 09:04PM

Don't listen to him, Gravis.
You love to suck dicks, and you're proud of it. We don't have to agree with you, but we have to at least respect your forthrightness.

Date: May 12, 2007 11:50PM

dear bitter posters,
   im simply tired of people saying "OMG TH3Y R G0lNG F45T!!!11!11" because why should you care if they are driving fast or not? to answer your "Th47z BCUZ U SP333D!!!!" vomit of a response, i dont speed. i actually drive the speed limit which apparently everyone and (ironically) their soccer moms hate. let people drive how they want, so long as they are not hurting anyone or impeading traffic below the limit which includes accelerating at a snails pace. in short, focus on your own driving and shut the fuck up. if you dont want to do that, then shut the fuck up.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: scientist ()
Date: May 13, 2007 09:22AM

Looking through the literature I can't find any studies quantifying any acceleration of a snail. Are you sure you don't have acceleration confused with speed?

Date: May 14, 2007 12:43AM

scientist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looking through the literature I can't find any
> studies quantifying any acceleration of a snail.
> Are you sure you don't have acceleration confused
> with speed?

pff... then you must be a dunce. i bet you dont even know the difference between linear and angular acceleration. go sit in the corner.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: May 14, 2007 09:58AM

Technically I don't think it's illegal to use a baseball radar gun in the county, but there maybe some law about intentionally distracting drivers or something like that. Same freq's as radar detectors are looking for? Not sure.

Chances are that once you do it two or three times drivers with detectors are going to figure that it's a false reading in that area and just ignore the alert.

Posted by: uhhcyaa ()
Date: May 14, 2007 10:10AM

Lmfao... so let me get this straight. You pull out a baseball radar gun and you turn it on when people are in front of you HOPING to see brake lights.... you know there are movies out? plenty of bars in DC? Many things to do with your life.... go play a computer game. What a waste of time. The only time i would do that is if i was behind my friend who had a detector just to fuck with him (it would get old after a few times). Why waste your time hoping to find someone with a detector in ffx county? No disrespect to you in any of this, but i wouldnt post embarassing questions on here if i were you....

Posted by: uhhcyaa ()
Date: May 14, 2007 10:12AM

Oh and another thought, if a cop wanted to b e a dick he could probably get you for impersonating a police officer. Im sure theres a way.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: May 14, 2007 10:20AM

I'll go ahead and actually give everyone a nice reference article that seems to indicate you can blast off radar from a gun all day long in VA if you please:

http://www.dailyadvance.com/local/content/news/stories/2007/05/02/0502RadarGunRM.html

The best things I learned from this article are:

1. The cops can nail you for speeding if someone catches you on tape
2. Walmart sells a cheap radar gun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2007 10:21AM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: wanddanfsweetpoontang ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:37PM

I need a radar gun to time the speed of my man junk slamming gravis in the throat.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: May 15, 2007 03:47PM

I have a couple comments on this one..

first off, you guys are hilarious.. gravis and the like are my forum heros

Second, If your using a cheap "baseball" type radar gun chances are it is using a X-band radar, not the more common K or Ka band types that are used more by police, and on top of that it is prolly very out of tune., meaning our normal radar detectors will not pick it up. ( thats why sometimes your radar detector will not go off for the 'your speed' signs on the side of the road, since the cops dont care about having those types of guns tuned or calibrated.)

You can however; purchase a used police laser LIDAR gun, for about 900 to 1000 bucks and play with that...and it will light anyone up, your laser detector will go ape shit. However if you on the side of the road, it WILL look like your pointing a gun at traffic, and you will be arrested, for what charge i dont know, but Im sur they will think of something..lol

third, If you sit of the side of the road with the gun, you will be charged with illegally parking on a Highway, and impedeing trafic, and or possibly public nusince. And yes they will charge you, how do I know, well experince is always the best lesson.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2007 03:48PM by Take a Stand.

Date: May 15, 2007 06:16PM

Take a Stand Wrote:
> gravis and the like are my forum heros

thanks. :)

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: May 15, 2007 11:20PM

I've tested the Matchbox radar against a radar detector. It doesn't do anything, so don't bother. You need to buy a professional one, like the VA police use:

http://www.decaturradar.com/
http://mphindustries.com/
http://www.kustomsignals.com/

http://dps.dgs.virginia.gov/DPS/DownLoad/MAe194-304etc.pdf

Posted by: cw ()
Date: May 16, 2007 08:44PM

nothing illegal about you buying and using one. tv stations used one for a few years back to catch cops going over the limit. another time a community group got one and started checking speeds to present to the cops that they needed more enforcement. I have read that if you handle it improperly over a period of time it can cause cancer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/POLICE-RADAR-GUN-CERTIFIED-CMI-MOVING-AND-STATIONARY_W0QQitemZ150120226513QQihZ005QQcategoryZ1498QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Posted by: TinFfx ()
Date: May 17, 2007 12:44AM

Just stay in the right lane. Live and let live. Why do you feel the need to get all over other people's shit? While speeding may be illegal, I doubt you will find too many people who are putting you "at risk."

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: May 17, 2007 12:48AM

TinFfx Wrote:
> Just stay in the right lane. Live and let live.
> Why do you feel the need to get all over other

LOL as if that will stop people from riding up on your ass and flashing their lights.

Posted by: FairF4x0r ()
Date: May 17, 2007 07:06AM

I love it when people try that crap when I'm in the right lane. I just let off the gas until they are gone, however long it takes.

Date: May 17, 2007 08:23AM

GOOD
Madison, WI policeman had a perfect spot to watch for speeders, but
wasn't getting many. Then he discovered the problem - a 12-year-old boy
was standing up the road with a hand painted sign, which read "RADAR
TRAP AHEAD".

The officer then found a young accomplice down the road with a sign
reading "TIPS" and a bucket full of money. (And we used to just sell
lemonade!)

BETTER
A motorist was mailed a picture of his car speeding through an automated
radar post in LaCrosse, WI. A $40 speeding ticket was included.

Being cute, he sent the police department a picture of $40.

The police responded with another mailed photo of handcuffs.

BEST
A young Minnesota woman was pulled over for speeding in Wisconsin.

As the Wisconsin State Trooper walked to her car window, flipping
open his ticket book, she said, "I bet you are going to sell me a ticket
to the State Troopers Ball.

"He replied, "Wisconsin State Troopers don't have balls."

There was a moment of silence while she smiled, and he realized what
he'd just said. He then closed his book, got back in his patrol car and
left.

She was laughing too hard to start her car.

Date: May 17, 2007 08:35AM

This is good...
Attachments:
speedy.JPG

Posted by: FairF4x0r ()
Date: May 17, 2007 09:18AM

Lurker. Wrote:
> There was a moment of silence while she smiled,
> and he realized what
> he'd just said. He then closed his book, got back
> in his patrol car and
> left.
>
> She was laughing too hard to start her car.

Such lighthearted and pleasant fun that makes everyone smile. Please post more.

Date: May 17, 2007 03:34PM

-
Attachments:
speedy2.gif

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: May 17, 2007 06:30PM

that is freakin priceless.. good one Lurker.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.