HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DMV - Retard central
Posted by: Fed up with Virginia ()
Date: October 20, 2020 11:14AM

How the hell does DMV expect people to operate legally in the state of Virginia......you useless ass workers......NO available appointments EVER on website and they have shut their phones off.

Tax dollars hard at work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DMV - Retard central
Posted by: wwgjd ()
Date: October 20, 2020 11:48AM

Let's be fair to DMV. How can an organization that was straining under its existing work load function in a time when pandemic policies mean it now takes three times as long to do the same task.

Posted by: Car buyer ()
Date: October 20, 2020 10:02PM

I bought a car in early September, cash/private party. I could not find an appointment at a DMV until December. I ended up sending the title application to Richmond via UPS for processing which is kind of unnerving because I worried they'd lose it and I'd have a car and no paperwork.

They finally processed the title today. Apparently the check I included was for the wrong amount - I guess I didnt figure every little fee in or something, so they called me and we did a credit card transaction.

All in all, it was just a slow process. Their customer service number isnt taking any calls and the email inquiry form is a black hole. They actually responded to me pretty quickly via their facebook page a couple weeks ago when I wanted to confirm my paperwork was in queue, and gave me a direct number to call the titling office which was helpful.

I just drove the car all along, the seller left the plates on it which still had a current registration sticker. I figured I probably wouldn't get stopped (havent been pulled over in years) and if I did, maybe they'd give me a break since they likely know the DMV is fucked and I did insure it and kept a copy of the signed title and UPS receipt for the DMV in the glove box. It was a risk but it worked out.

Posted by: Renew Tags ()
Date: October 21, 2020 07:57AM

This checks out

Posted by: CFGTF ()
Date: October 21, 2020 12:49PM

The police now have license plate readers.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.