HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Teacher's union wants schools closed until 14 days with zero infections in Fairfax County
Posted by: Are they insane? ()
Date: October 20, 2020 09:19AM

Not only do they want to wait until there are zero cases they want N95 masks, air filters, regular testing, and laundry service. If we wait until the virus is 100% gone why are they demanding all that other stuff? They even want the county to allow teachers who still don't feel safe after the virus is gone to continue to work from home indefinitely.

Fuck the teacher's union. They just don't want to work. I see people at their jobs every day but these unions think that no ask is too big.

If FCPS doesn't open by spring we're out. My kids are sick and tired of home school. They say they are just doing review, they aren't being challenged. Plus their teachers are constantly being distracted while "working" from home.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Teacher's union wants schools closed until 14 days with zero infections in Fairfax County
Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: October 20, 2020 11:40AM

The Teacher's Union doesn't run the schools. The Teacher's Union isn't responsible for insuring that Fairfax Children get a quality education. The Teacher's Union's job is to look after the interests of the teachers. Teacher safety is certainly a valid concern for the Union in a time when we are dealing with a pandemic.

Just because it is a valid concern does not mean it is the only or even the primary concern. The people charged with balancing all the competing interests to insure that Fairfax County students receive the highest quality education consistent with reasonable safety to teachers, staff and students alike is the School Board. It is the School Board's job to look the Teacher's Union and individual teachers in the face and say "I know you have valid concerns. However the overall balance dictates that we take a course of action that involves a higher level of risk than what you want. If this risk is too great for individual teachers they should consider taking some time off, or finding other employment."

Re: Teacher's union wants schools closed until 14 days with zero infections in Fairfax County
Posted by: Fine Without Any More Pay ()
Date: October 20, 2020 12:48PM

Enough is enough with this sketchy loafing on the taxpayers dime

(D)FCPS will be known as Democrats Failed Concept of Public Schools as so many other public schools in Virginia are already in session so watch that speed once you leave the high tax gun banned slow death zone

Posted by: mr thomas knows ()
Date: October 20, 2020 01:19PM

Set a reasonable date for return,(within the next 30 days)if a teacher decides not to come back, then they are terminated! Its time to move the education system forward in FCPS, doing nothing is a bad investment in education. BTW.... how do they do online PE?

Who wouldn't want to stay home and do minimal to no work and collect great benefits and a nice paycheck.

I think most teachers want to return to in school instruction, however, there are those who want to continue to "milk the system" and stay with online instruction, but by setting a reasonable date, those will be weeded out.

Posted by: Girl Drink Drunk ()
Date: October 20, 2020 01:59PM

And if you work remotely you can get drunk all day while you teach and not have to worry about getting ratted out by a fellow teacher! (and yes, I know it is Loudoun County)

https://wtop.com/loudoun-county/2020/10/loudoun-co-teacher-accused-of-public-intoxication/

Posted by: obie1 ()
Date: October 20, 2020 05:29PM

tell them they report to work or they're fired, then see how fast they return, lazyaassess.
in Britain, teachers unions were ITCHING to get back to the classroom. Wonder whats wrong with the american education system?? look no further than the lazy ass teachers
study after study shows KIDS NOT AT HIGH RISK NOR ARE THEY SPREADERS OF COVID!!!

Posted by: Man up ()
Date: October 20, 2020 05:32PM

obie1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tell them they report to work or they're fired,
> then see how fast they return, lazyaassess.
> in Britain, teachers unions were ITCHING to get
> back to the classroom. Wonder whats wrong with
> the american education system?? look no further
> than the lazy ass teachers
> study after study shows KIDS NOT AT HIGH RISK NOR
> ARE THEY SPREADERS OF COVID!!!

Are you a teacher
If not are you willing to make a career change and start teaching now?

If not
STFU

Posted by: ppytk ()
Date: October 20, 2020 08:01PM

End the insanity. I encourage you to listen to this interview with the President of the Fairfax Teachers Association.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-larry-o-connor-show/kimberly-adams-on-the-larry-oconnor-show-10-20-202

If this is the position of the teachers and FCPS we are in big trouble here in Fairfax County. I already know people with kids that are seriously considering leaving the area because of FCPS. This is not good. We should have never let the lockdowns happen or closed the schools. That let the horse out of the barn and it seems we will never get it back in.

I have family members in four other states whose kids are going to in-school school (hybrid or full time). We can't end up being the only place in the US without in-school school.

Posted by: vaccineproducers ()
Date: October 20, 2020 08:33PM

Do the teachers have a contingency plan or idea if no effective vaccine is available and the virus persists a couple more years?

This is a sincere question as it does not seem obvious that a vaccine will definitely be available by next summer and it does seem obvious the virus will still be here.

How many years are the teachers planning to shelter in place? Are they willing to wear ankle bracelets with GPS trackers to prove that their fear is legit and they are in fact not engaging in any unsafe activities?

Posted by: Teachers... ()
Date: October 20, 2020 08:40PM

The most lazy self-righteous fuckers ever.

Posted by: Bad News Brabrand ()
Date: October 20, 2020 09:27PM

vaccineproducers Wrote:
> Do the teachers have a contingency plan or idea if
> no effective vaccine is available and the virus
> persists a couple more years?
>
> This is a sincere question as it does not seem
> obvious that a vaccine will definitely be
> available by next summer and it does seem obvious
> the virus will still be here.
>
> How many years are the teachers planning to
> shelter in place? Are they willing to wear ankle
> bracelets with GPS trackers to prove that their
> fear is legit and they are in fact not engaging in
> any unsafe activities?

My kids have some great teachers but this is a good point, they aren't staying at home hiding from the world, they are all over their Twitter accounts travelling and living their lives. As they should. They are young and living in a free country, they shouldn't hide in fear. But open the damn schools.

Posted by: The Double Truth Ruth ()
Date: October 20, 2020 09:29PM

Girl Drink Drunk Wrote:
> And if you work remotely you can get drunk all day
> while you teach and not have to worry about
> getting ratted out by a fellow teacher! (and yes,
> I know it is Loudoun County)
>
>
>
> https://wtop.com/loudoun-county/2020/10/loudoun-co
> -teacher-accused-of-public-intoxication/

Fairfax teachers are not at home drinking on the job, at most they are smoking a little more weed than usual to prep for the school day.

Posted by: zika carrier ()
Date: October 20, 2020 09:29PM

If Biden wins all of this goes away in a few weeks.

Posted by: Teachers are lazy fucks ()
Date: October 20, 2020 09:35PM

Get back to work ya lazy cunts.

Posted by: The Problem Is Democrats ()
Date: October 20, 2020 10:05PM

>Britain, teachers unions were ITCHING to get back to the classroom. Wonder whats wrong with the american education system??

The rest of Virginia is back in school but areas where Democrats are in charge.

Democrats are in the pocket of every unneeded public union in this county who all they do is abuse taxpayers , why do people with a captive safe job need a union

Speak of the Devil on Fox their talking about the FCPS boards hostage taking of taxpayers right now

Posted by: Brother 123 ()
Date: October 20, 2020 11:44PM

The Problem Is Democrats Wrote:
> >Britain, teachers unions were ITCHING to get back
> to the classroom. Wonder whats wrong with the
> american education system??
>
> The rest of Virginia is back in school but areas
> where Democrats are in charge.
>
One problem with the system is that some people didn't try hard enough. For example, I've heard that some didn't learn that America is a proper noun and should be capitalized in all forms.
Others didn't learn that you can just make stuff up about who is in school and who isn’t. The internets are amazing for fact-checking.
I would love to hear more about the wild things that go on in that mind of yours. I bet you make up all sorts of crap, then present it to your family and friends as fact. Remember Proverbs 19:5!
A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will not escape.

Posted by: BOS suck ()
Date: October 21, 2020 12:22AM

You get what you vote for libatards.

Posted by: Teach This.... ()
Date: October 21, 2020 05:01AM

Are they insane? Wrote:
> Not only do they want to wait until there are zero
> cases they want N95 masks, air filters, regular
> testing, and laundry service. If we wait until the
> virus is 100% gone why are they demanding all that
> other stuff? They even want the county to allow
> teachers who still don't feel safe after the virus
> is gone to continue to work from home
> indefinitely.
>
> Fuck the teacher's union. They just don't want to
> work. I see people at their jobs every day but
> these unions think that no ask is too big.
>
> If FCPS doesn't open by spring we're out. My kids
> are sick and tired of home school. They say they
> are just doing review, they aren't being
> challenged. Plus their teachers are constantly
> being distracted while "working" from home.

Take your nasty-ass kids and get the fuck out then. The world does not revolve around you. I hope you get ass cancer.

Posted by: lazy bitches ()
Date: October 21, 2020 07:56AM

Anyone that has spent any time around real teachers should not be surprised by any of this. 90% of them can't get real actual jobs and now they are laying on the union to keep them from ever having to go back to work. And Biden has promised to let these snowflake libtards have their way, so vote for Joe if you want to get rid of all those cops and never have your kids go back to school.

Posted by: Xxx Jeff ()
Date: October 21, 2020 08:36AM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> The Teacher's Union doesn't run the schools. The
> Teacher's Union isn't responsible for insuring
> that Fairfax Children get a quality education.
> The Teacher's Union's job is to look after the
> interests of the teachers. Teacher safety is
> certainly a valid concern for the Union in a time
> when we are dealing with a pandemic.
>
> Just because it is a valid concern does not mean
> it is the only or even the primary concern. The
> people charged with balancing all the competing
> interests to insure that Fairfax County students
> receive the highest quality education consistent
> with reasonable safety to teachers, staff and
> students alike is the School Board. It is the
> School Board's job to look the Teacher's Union and
> individual teachers in the face and say "I know
> you have valid concerns. However the overall
> balance dictates that we take a course of action
> that involves a higher level of risk than what you
> want. If this risk is too great for individual
> teachers they should consider taking some time
> off, or finding other employment."

The teacher's union does run the schools. Check the donor list for the school board, lots of out of state funds. That's why the board gets on their knees to please the union members.

https://www.vpap.org/

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: October 21, 2020 10:10AM

Whose fault is that Jeff? If we have a School Board that is kissing the ass of the Teachers' Union because of union donations to school board campaigns, that is the fault of the school board members and we the voters who elected them. What the Teachers' Union is doing is no different than what any other rich donors are doing, except that the Teachers' Union is doing it better.

Face facts. We have the School Board we deserve. When it comes to School Board Republicans want to bitch about social policies, immigration, taxes and school choice, while Democrats bitch about social policies, immigration and spending.

Posted by: obie1 ()
Date: October 21, 2020 12:43PM

Hey MANUP!!! You're an ass. Quit being a lemming and simply following the crowd, USE YOUR BRAIN!!

FYI I was a teacher and this is only one of the reasons I left. LACK OF true dedication among my peers, + overly bureaucratic and imposing administration, + dumb ass affected and entitled parents that think it its YOUR job to educate Johnny and Sally

maybe you should quit making assumptions about the occupation of those posting and get a pair

wake uppp !!!!

Posted by: Current FCPS teacher ()
Date: October 21, 2020 06:24PM

Most teachers want to come back to school. A quarter of teachers are enjoying the convienence of being at home and being able to assist their children with their schooling or daycare. A small percentage are actually at risk or scared. If we are forced back to school the first two groups will come back. A majority of the last group will take a leave of absence.
The problem FCPS has is the school board is unwilling to bully their employees back. They are also unsure if they will have enough teachers to operate if they force teachers back. The school board has also opened the door to a totally virtual model for anyone who wants it and the schools now have to be able to run in person and virtual school at the same time further complicating matters. There are not many qualified replacements out there. If you need any proof,look at who we are already hiring before this mess.
Tough situation for everyone, but no simple solutions.

Posted by: Ed Ucate ()
Date: October 21, 2020 06:53PM

Current FCPS teacher Wrote:
> Most teachers want to come back to school. A
> quarter of teachers are enjoying the convienence
> of being at home and being able to assist their
> children with their schooling or daycare. A small
> percentage are actually at risk or scared. If we
> are forced back to school the first two groups
> will come back. A majority of the last group will
> take a leave of absence.
> The problem FCPS has is the school board is
> unwilling to bully their employees back. They are
> also unsure if they will have enough teachers to
> operate if they force teachers back. The school
> board has also opened the door to a totally
> virtual model for anyone who wants it and the
> schools now have to be able to run in person and
> virtual school at the same time further
> complicating matters. There are not many qualified
> replacements out there. If you need any
> proof,look at who we are already hiring before
> this mess.
> Tough situation for everyone, but no simple
> solutions.

FCPS teachers are underpaid compared to other area counties. Increase their pay and then open the schools.

Posted by: moget ()
Date: October 31, 2020 05:36AM

I have already resigned myself to this thought, so now we will study remotely for a very long time. Because of this, I'm already on the lookout for good writing services at https://smart.reviews/business/papersowl.com, so I can neatly fit in from a distance (I already found the Papers Owl service last term after reading the review, so good writers will tell you just in case. How are you preparing for a distance learning?)

Posted by: BillyHill ()
Date: October 31, 2020 09:58AM

There is no virus.
Read:
The Invisible Rainbow
And The Poisoned Needle

Study
Pasteur VS Bechamp

Germ VS Terrain Theories

Somatid Pleomorphs

Learn the facts about onfection amd take back control of your life. In this case k owledge will truly be powee.

Posted by: Fix this but quickly ()
Date: October 31, 2020 12:35PM

Withhold your property taxes.

Posted by: kookaberra ()
Date: October 31, 2020 12:59PM

Fix this but quickly Wrote:
> Withhold your property taxes.

The county would put a lien on your home.

Nope. You're stuck paying for this which is a shame.

Posted by: pn7fhpn7fh ()
Date: October 31, 2020 01:09PM

Not if many people withhold. They'll eventually be run outta office.

Posted by: It will go like this ()
Date: October 31, 2020 02:26PM

MDR: Hello Mr Smith this is Sally Offshore calling from MegaBank. The County has told us that your real estate taxes were not paid. As the mortgage holder we have paid the taxes, interest and penalties. You have 15 days to send us $5,600. Also since you didn't pay your taxes we are invoking our right under your mortgage to require that you escrow funds for your taxes and insurance. Your monthly payment for next month will be increased by $1,000.

JS: I refuse to pay my real estate taxes because of Fairfax County's wasteful spending practices.

MBR: Thank you for letting us know. We will let the trustees know that they should initiate foreclosure against your home. You should be hearing from them in two weeks.

Posted by: Aw ()
Date: October 31, 2020 05:55PM

Are you parents getting tired of having to take responsibility for your little darlings?

Posted by: Bitchy stay at home ()
Date: October 31, 2020 09:09PM

FCPS is full of psychos, lazies, losers, and wanna bes. They don’t do shit and hide and make a 2 hour delay when it rains. Of course they will milk the shit out of this covid thing and make unreasonable demands that cannot be met so they don’t have to work. Maybe the teachers have some lesson planning and online classes but the admin is in bed all day on their fat lazy asses ordering grub hub, watching Netflix, and cuddling with their pets. Their biggest achievement is changing the TV channel. They are collecting paychecks and a huge waste of money.

Posted by: applications 0 to 100 ()
Date: November 01, 2020 06:26AM

Bitchy stay at home Wrote:
> FCPS is full of psychos, lazies, losers, and wanna
> bes. They don’t do shit and hide and make a 2
> hour delay when it rains. Of course they will milk
> the shit out of this covid thing and make
> unreasonable demands that cannot be met so they
> don’t have to work. Maybe the teachers have some
> lesson planning and online classes but the admin
> is in bed all day on their fat lazy asses ordering
> grub hub, watching Netflix, and cuddling with
> their pets. Their biggest achievement is changing
> the TV channel. They are collecting paychecks and
> a huge waste of money.

Teachers are the most important people on earth. Without education we have nothing. Never forget that.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.