HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Chris Hunter Plays the system to get his daughter Eagle Scout
Posted by: NEUGB ()
Date: October 16, 2020 08:31PM

https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2020/10/virginia-teen-becomes-one-of-the-first-females-to-earn-the-highest-rank-in-the-boy-scouts/

One Virginia teenager always wanted to join the Boy Scouts. Now that the organization has opened up to girls, she’s celebrating achieving the highest rank.

She wasn’t able to join the Cub Scouts when she was younger, but Katie Hunter, 13, from Vienna, Virginia, jumped in the minute she could put on a Boy Scout uniform.

She has now become an Eagle Scout, which is the highest rank available in the Boy Scouts.

“Girls have the same capability to fulfill all of the requirements and do the same things and we deserve the same opportunities,” said Katie, an 8th grader at Thoreau Middle School.

Girls were banned from joining the Boy Scouts of America program until February 2019.

That’s when Katie’s dad, Chris, started Troop 987 out of Emmanuel Lutheran Church with five of her friends. The troop now has 10 girls.

“It’s super fun, we work well together,” Katie said.

Chris had been a scout leader for several years, and he was thrilled that his daughter could have the same opportunities as his sons.

And now she just became one of the first girls in the country to achieve the highest rank in scouting.

“I’m so proud of her. This is an amazing group of girls and it’s great to see them experience new things and hone their leadership skills,” Chris said.

Katie’s brothers are also Eagle Scouts, and she said she always wanted to learn how to safely use a knife, go rock climbing and explore the area through camping trips.

“I watched them go through scouting and have that journey and I was so excited when they decided to let girls in,” Katie said. “I’m just excited to be a part of this and excited that I get to be here.”

In order to reach the highest rank, scouts need to plan and complete a major project. Katie led a team of 30 volunteers in putting together 37 garden planters for a local elementary school.

She said that she wants to use the skills she’s learned to be an art teacher in the future.

She’s also looking forward to being a troop leader.

“It’s amazing. I’m very lucky to be in the right place at the right time.”

"I’m very lucky to be in the right place at the right time." I would say so. Many male Scouts don't achieve their Eagle Scout until they are in the last years of High School...after having been Scouts all their lives. She joins in 2019 and gets her Eagle Scout in 2020? Come on. Her fucking Dad played the system that he knows so well to ensure his daughter was one of the first. What a prick. Kinda like female Rangers and Special Forces in the military. Lower the standards, give a nudge here and there...hey you're a Ranger!!! Fan-fucking-tastic. Now go away. Her father taught her a horrible lesson here. He should be ashamed of himself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chris Hunter Plays the system to get his daughter Eagle Scout
Posted by: Dumbass libshits ()
Date: October 16, 2020 09:13PM

If only they had scouts for girls, like the Girl Scouts.

If only.....

Posted by: Did she get her anal patch ()
Date: October 16, 2020 09:51PM

like the rest of the boys. Boy/Eagle scouts are homos!
Attachments:
93EB7A0E-50A5-476B-9CCC-560178398271.jpeg
9E78FEDB-E27E-414A-A3C5-2E973FF31326.jpeg

Posted by: She going to be stripping ()
Date: October 16, 2020 10:19PM

in five years. Did she let the troop run a train?
Attachments:
1FF157D2-395C-4EDA-9F6C-1E141E8B74A2.jpeg
36EAACA8-8045-460A-9050-4F11F2034968.jpeg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.