HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: The Penguin ()
Date: May 12, 2010 11:00AM

I've seen it twice. Once on Pleasant VAlley Rd and once on Lee Highway. I suspect the car and driver reside in the VIrginia Run community. Anyone seen it or know more?
Attachments:
batmobile.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 12, 2010 11:06AM

He forgot his mask and now we can see who he is!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: daryl ()
Date: May 12, 2010 11:18AM

Has Don Geronimo secretly moved to Centreville? Saw this batmobile or similar at some event at Dulles Expo couple years back. Think it was a sports card show

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Date: May 12, 2010 11:19AM

The Penguin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've seen it twice. Once on Pleasant VAlley Rd
> and once on Lee Highway. I suspect the car and
> driver reside in the VIrginia Run community.
> Anyone seen it or know more?


I believe the driver's name is Bruce Wayne. He lives in Wayne Manor, which is near Ashburn somewhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: May 12, 2010 11:21AM

Aahhahaha. wtf.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: May 12, 2010 11:23AM

A few years ago I saw the Bluesmobile 3 times over a couple weeks. Still not quite sure what that was all about.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: May 12, 2010 11:23AM

Where's Robin?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: May 12, 2010 11:25AM

ITRADE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where's Robin?


Let's just say you can't see his head at that angle.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2010 11:25AM by Johnny Walker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Date: May 12, 2010 11:29AM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ITRADE Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Where's Robin?
>
>
> Let's just say you can't see his head at that
> angle.




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 14, 2010 01:33PM

The Penguin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've seen it twice. Once on Pleasant VAlley Rd
> and once on Lee Highway. I suspect the car and
> driver reside in the VIrginia Run community.
> Anyone seen it or know more?





I wonder if that is a replica or genuine model from the original show.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2010 01:33PM by eesh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: yeah ()
Date: May 14, 2010 02:19PM

Isn't that the dude who was one of the founders of AOL and now lives in Virginia Run?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Korean Dog BBQ ()
Date: May 14, 2010 02:33PM

yeah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't that the dude who was one of the founders of
> AOL and now lives in Virginia Run?

Wow, I knew some AOL execs had fallen on some hard times, but Virginia Run, seriously?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: also ran ()
Date: May 14, 2010 03:08PM

Saw one just like it around Dupont Circle, could it be? Holy glory holes Batman.
Attachments:
batman5.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Date: May 14, 2010 03:11PM

Korean Dog BBQ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Isn't that the dude who was one of the founders
> of
> > AOL and now lives in Virginia Run?
>
> Wow, I knew some AOL execs had fallen on some hard
> times, but Virginia Run, seriously?


Yeah. That ain't right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: DC1179 ()
Date: May 14, 2010 03:11PM

I pulled up "behind it" on the 267 off-ramp at Centreville Rd in Herndon. Probably 2007. :)
Attachments:
batmobile.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Date: May 14, 2010 03:12PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
>
> I wonder if that is a replica or genuine model
> from the original show.


The fact that he is driving it in traffic would lead me to the conclusion that it is a replica. One of the originals would have to be worth hundreds of thousands, at least.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Korean Dog BBQ ()
Date: May 14, 2010 03:27PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> >
> > I wonder if that is a replica or genuine model
> > from the original show.
>
>
> The fact that he is driving it in traffic would
> lead me to the conclusion that it is a replica.
> One of the originals would have to be worth
> hundreds of thousands, at least.


It would at least be worth more than a house in Virginia Run.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Date: May 14, 2010 03:32PM

Korean Dog BBQ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> >
> > The fact that he is driving it in traffic would
> > lead me to the conclusion that it is a replica.
> > One of the originals would have to be worth
> > hundreds of thousands, at least.
>
>
> It would at least be worth more than a house in
> Virginia Run.


Wouldn't be the first time in NoVA I've seen someone drive a car that's worth more than where they live.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Yeah ()
Date: May 14, 2010 03:46PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Korean Dog BBQ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > yeah Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Isn't that the dude who was one of the
> founders
> > of
> > > AOL and now lives in Virginia Run?
> >
> > Wow, I knew some AOL execs had fallen on some
> hard
> > times, but Virginia Run, seriously?
>
>
> Yeah. That ain't right.

Actually, it is right. His house was featured on MTV teen cribs last year. It ain't the typical VA Run house.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: 496 ()
Date: May 14, 2010 03:56PM

the ambiguously gay penis car was seen in Reston last night.
Attachments:
ambig_gay_penis_mobile.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Yeah ()
Date: May 14, 2010 04:14PM

Yeah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Korean Dog BBQ Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > yeah Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Isn't that the dude who was one of the
> > founders
> > > of
> > > > AOL and now lives in Virginia Run?
> > >
> > > Wow, I knew some AOL execs had fallen on some
> > hard
> > > times, but Virginia Run, seriously?
> >
> >
> > Yeah. That ain't right.
>
> Actually, it is right. His house was featured on
> MTV teen cribs last year. It ain't the typical VA
> Run house.

This is the episode. Forward to 11:17. This is the guy driving the batmobile.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/teen-cribs-season-2-ep-2-gannon-wyatt-amy-and-annies-cribs/1629339/playlist.jhtml

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Alfred ()
Date: May 14, 2010 04:17PM

That me after picking the Batmoble after an oil change. Batman can't be bothered with such details.After all he has crime to worry about. He is a Deputized Crime Fighter. Often times you can spot the Batmoble outside Police Headquaters in Fairfax.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: he is ()
Date: May 14, 2010 07:50PM

DONT COPY THAT FLOPPY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: May 14, 2010 09:36PM

Isn't that car powered by an atomic reactor? Can't be street legal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: boredom ()
Date: May 14, 2010 10:04PM

Yeah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Korean Dog BBQ Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > yeah Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Isn't that the dude who was one of the
> > founders
> > > of
> > > > AOL and now lives in Virginia Run?
> > >
> > > Wow, I knew some AOL execs had fallen on some
> > hard
> > > times, but Virginia Run, seriously?
> >
> >
> > Yeah. That ain't right.
>
> Actually, it is right. His house was featured on
> MTV teen cribs last year. It ain't the typical VA
> Run house.

Based on that, he was in the separate neighborhood section of Virginia Run I assume? The single road with f'ing massive properties (by Northern VA standards) and big ass houses?

Actually, is his the one at the end of the court back in the woods? It's like the only one you can't see from the road.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: ablative ()
Date: May 14, 2010 10:49PM

He's one of the original execs with aol. he came up with the concept of Instant Message. he's now living off of his stock with them and other investments. He lives in centreville, and his house could probably rival anythying in great falls. I've talked to him quite a few times, and he's actually a hell of a nice guy. Really down to earth for someone who's worth as much as he is.
He loves comic books, and yes, that's an original batmobile from the tv show. Quite honestly, if you ran into him at the stone road giant, and he was in teh batmobile, he'd let you take a look at it, and woudl tell you all about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Korean Dog BBQ ()
Date: May 14, 2010 11:21PM

ablative Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He's one of the original execs with aol. he came
> up with the concept of Instant Message. he's now
> living off of his stock with them and other
> investments. He lives in centreville, and his
> house could probably rival anythying in great
> falls. I've talked to him quite a few times, and
> he's actually a hell of a nice guy. Really down
> to earth for someone who's worth as much as he
> is.
> He loves comic books, and yes, that's an original
> batmobile from the tv show. Quite honestly, if
> you ran into him at the stone road giant, and he
> was in teh batmobile, he'd let you take a look at
> it, and woudl tell you all about it.

Still sort of sad how he lives in Virginia Run though. You can have a house that rivals anything in Great Falls, but the fact is that it still isn't IN Great Falls, it is in Centreville. And, well, we all know what that is like.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: ?????? ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:16AM

he's rich as fuck and as discussed in another current topic, he doesn't send his kids to richy rich gay ass Gonzaga or Notre Dame or Flint Hill, etc. Both of his daughters go/went to Westfield

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Westie ()
Date: May 15, 2010 07:12AM

?????? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> he's rich as fuck and as discussed in another
> current topic, he doesn't send his kids to richy
> rich gay ass Gonzaga or Notre Dame or Flint Hill,
> etc. Both of his daughters go/went to Westfield


So they are heroine addicts. And even if they weren't how would two chicks go to Gonzaga?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Date: May 15, 2010 07:49AM

Just because the guy is rich doesn't mean he likes hanging around with rich people. Most uber-rich people I have run into have a certain level of psychosis. Who wants to live next door to that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: boredom ()
Date: May 15, 2010 07:49AM

Korean Dog BBQ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ablative Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He's one of the original execs with aol. he
> came
> > up with the concept of Instant Message. he's
> now
> > living off of his stock with them and other
> > investments. He lives in centreville, and his
> > house could probably rival anythying in great
> > falls. I've talked to him quite a few times,
> and
> > he's actually a hell of a nice guy. Really
> down
> > to earth for someone who's worth as much as he
> > is.
> > He loves comic books, and yes, that's an
> original
> > batmobile from the tv show. Quite honestly, if
> > you ran into him at the stone road giant, and
> he
> > was in teh batmobile, he'd let you take a look
> at
> > it, and woudl tell you all about it.
>
> Still sort of sad how he lives in Virginia Run
> though. You can have a house that rivals anything
> in Great Falls, but the fact is that it still
> isn't IN Great Falls, it is in Centreville. And,
> well, we all know what that is like.

Why is that? As neighborhoods go, Virginia Run is actually fairly nice. Low traffic conjestion, larger properties without the more "modern construction" where you can touch your house and your neighbors by stretching out your arms, it's heavily wooded, has trails, and the houses are worth just enough to keep out undesirables.

But hey, you sound like the kind of douche who buys a BMW because they think the image makes them cool, or who will buy a house closer to the city thinking it makes you more important. To each his own I suppose. =P

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: adam ()
Date: May 15, 2010 10:00AM

Does he have a butler in his Virginia Run estate? How could he be wealthy if he owned AOL stock unless he sold it long time ago

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: you ()
Date: May 15, 2010 01:10PM

boredom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually, is his the one at the end of the court
> back in the woods? It's like the only one you
> can't see from the road.

Perhaps. Its the ridiculously huge one

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Peter Vankman ()
Date: May 15, 2010 01:55PM

I did a little bit of research on this car since I've seen it around Centreville as well.

It is not the original which was built in October 1965 but it is the first replica and was built in November 1966.

http://www.1966batmobile.com/replica.htm

This link will take you to a whole bunch of pictures of it:

http://www.1966batmobile.com/replicanum2.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: boredom ()
Date: May 15, 2010 06:08PM

Yeah, that's the house I was thinking about. I just pulled it up on satellite photo. The part I love out of the whole MTV teen cribs episode is when the mom is like, "We had to add the lower pool because the slide needed something to go into." Shit, that's why I have two pools in my back yard. I'd be unable to sleep at night if I didn't have a pool specifically for my slide.

Then again, if I was worth 8 - 9 figures I'd probably have two pools so that the first pool wasn't lonely. =P

The dad seems cool in the video.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2010 06:10PM by boredom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: VARunner ()
Date: May 16, 2010 12:09AM

Trust me, this family is by no means "down to earth".

They own a humongous house in Virginia Run -- not near the estates near Cox Farms but rather on a street that starts with normal houses, leading to a secluded 'private community'. You drive down the road and there are normal houses; his is the last and was custom-built, looks different than all of the others, and is completely secluded.

Craig Dysktra (that's the Batmobile guy) and his wife enjoy hosting huge parties for their pretentious daughters -- both of whom are very confident about their acting and singing abilities in the theatrical department, when both are indeed lackluster -- in an effort to show off their home. The Dykstras have become synonymous with showing off, so much so that people here in VARun have a relatively negative opinion of them.

That's why this guy drives his Batmobile around, as a means of getting attention and asserting that he is richer and more powerful than the rest of the community. You would expect something like this in Great Falls, not Centreville of all places. I wish he and his family would just pack up and leave the rest of un-exotic Virginia Run alone!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: shut up ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:49AM

^^^^ you obviously know them so well. faggot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Wedge of cheese ()
Date: May 16, 2010 07:18AM

Who gives a shit about his morals and ethics. Anyone who drives around in the Batmobile is cool!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 16, 2010 07:51AM

I say if you develop something cool and make a ton of money, and want to use it to buy a Batmobile, you have lived the American dream and congrats to him. It is always entertaining to hear the bitter gnashing of teeth of the non-successful rabble (who can't spell the name of the guy they are complaining about).

Maybe if I can work to make it to where that guy is I'll buy the General Lee and honk that annoying horn in your neighborhood at all hours of the night, just to stick it to you. I'm always happy to see a success story when someone makes their own way like that, good for him and I'm glad he gets to buy a friggin Batmobile if that's what he wants to buy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: boredom ()
Date: May 16, 2010 08:13AM

pgens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I say if you develop something cool and make a ton
> of money, and want to use it to buy a Batmobile,
> you have lived the American dream and congrats to
> him. It is always entertaining to hear the bitter
> gnashing of teeth of the non-successful rabble
> (who can't spell the name of the guy they are
> complaining about).
>
> Maybe if I can work to make it to where that guy
> is I'll buy the General Lee and honk that annoying
> horn in your neighborhood at all hours of the
> night, just to stick it to you. I'm always happy
> to see a success story when someone makes their
> own way like that, good for him and I'm glad he
> gets to buy a friggin Batmobile if that's what he
> wants to buy.

I totally agree with pgens on this one.

On a related note, Craig Dykstra did *not* invent instant messaging. The AOL Instant messenger was invented by Barry Appelman and Stephen D. William back in 1994. It was internal to AOL in 1995 and it became a public feature in May of 1997.

And technically, instant messaging is just an adaptation of chat rooms from the early 1990s. IMing didn't really become a major player until Mirabilis released ICQ in 1996, which is the main reason that AOL purchased Mirabilis in 1998.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 16, 2010 10:46AM

Yeah from what little I read on the guy he worked on MMORPG stuff but was a founder, so $$$ galore especially when Tim Warner made their huge mistake in buying them.

I do wish I could go into all the landfills and gather up thousands of the AOL floppies and CDs they mailed out to everyone, put them in a dumptruck, and dump them on top of the batmobile and give it an AOL old-school batcave.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2010 06:44PM by pgens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: YYYYY ()
Date: May 16, 2010 12:57PM



SKIP TO 3:12

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: May 17, 2010 02:13AM

ablative Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He's one of the original execs with aol. he came
> up with the concept of Instant Message.

We had instant messaging on computers before he was born.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: heUI32 ()
Date: May 17, 2010 03:22AM

That was a pretty sweet mullet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: May 17, 2010 09:52AM

Korean Dog BBQ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ablative Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He's one of the original execs with aol. he
> came
> > up with the concept of Instant Message. he's
> now
> > living off of his stock with them and other
> > investments. He lives in centreville, and his
> > house could probably rival anythying in great
> > falls. I've talked to him quite a few times,
> and
> > he's actually a hell of a nice guy. Really
> down
> > to earth for someone who's worth as much as he
> > is.
> > He loves comic books, and yes, that's an
> original
> > batmobile from the tv show. Quite honestly, if
> > you ran into him at the stone road giant, and
> he
> > was in teh batmobile, he'd let you take a look
> at
> > it, and woudl tell you all about it.
>
> Still sort of sad how he lives in Virginia Run
> though. You can have a house that rivals anything
> in Great Falls, but the fact is that it still
> isn't IN Great Falls, it is in Centreville. And,
> well, we all know what that is like.


Maybe he's not concerned with what superficial douches like you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: May 17, 2010 09:53AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just because the guy is rich doesn't mean he likes
> hanging around with rich people. Most uber-rich
> people I have run into have a certain level of
> psychosis. Who wants to live next door to that?


+ 125

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: May 17, 2010 10:08AM

tomahawk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't that car powered by an atomic reactor? Can't
> be street legal.


Trillium House Ln, at the very, very end. the one with several access roads to it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: May 17, 2010 10:10AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Date: May 17, 2010 11:01AM

Elle Diabla Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol@his Linkedin listing:
>
> http://www.linkedin.com/pub/craig-dykstra/5/b/831


This guy hit the motherfucking jackpot. He worked at AOL 15 years and is retired for the rest of his life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2010 11:02AM by WashingTone-Locian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: robonscanner ()
Date: May 17, 2010 11:21AM

Where is Batman and Robin when you need them. We have an individual shot on the head right of Compton rd. Centrevillle. K9 is looking for the black male subject there is also Fairfax 1 helicopter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Qwest ()
Date: May 17, 2010 11:46AM

Better stop traffic in the entire county for this one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Date: May 17, 2010 11:50AM

robonscanner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where is Batman and Robin when you need them. We
> have an individual shot on the head right of
> Compton rd. Centrevillle. K9 is looking for the
> black male subject there is also Fairfax 1
> helicopter.


The Batmobile lost its wheel, and the Joker got away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: May 17, 2010 02:08PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> This guy hit the motherfucking jackpot. He worked
> at AOL 15 years and is retired for the rest of his
> life.

He's not the only one many people in the area did. Ahhh the dot com boom of the 90s. Though to be fair, he didn't just work there, he co-founded the company.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 17, 2010 04:54PM

The place is very nice. I doubt other Robinson grads quite have a setup like that one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: aol ()
Date: May 17, 2010 09:09PM

your CDs made great tea coasters, Mr. Dykstra!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: spoke changer ()
Date: May 17, 2010 11:12PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Elle Diabla Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > lol@his Linkedin listing:
> >
> >
> http://www.linkedin.com/pub/craig-dykstra/5/b/831
>
>
> This guy hit the motherfucking jackpot. He worked
> at AOL 15 years and is retired for the rest of his
> life.


And ended up in VA Run. What a prize. Who couldn't retire there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 18, 2010 12:52PM

You are a dummy, his place is huge. If you don't think that is success, try convincing your freezer-leftover-munching asswipe success stories at your Burger King when you clock out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Date: May 18, 2010 01:03PM

spoke changer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
>
> And ended up in VA Run. What a prize. Who
> couldn't retire there?


Maybe he wanted to live in a good community that didn't cost him his fortune. Nothing wrong with being fiscally responsible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Date: May 18, 2010 01:06PM

Here he is picking up one of his kids at school...

fat-batman.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2010 01:06PM by WashingTone-Locian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: May 18, 2010 01:08PM

NOVA Asiandale campus I presume?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 18, 2010 01:10PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here he is picking up one of his kids at
> school...
>
>



That would be cool to drive your kids to school in the Batmobile.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: spoke changer ()
Date: May 18, 2010 01:23PM

pgens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are a dummy, his place is huge. If you don't
> think that is success, try convincing your
> freezer-leftover-munching asswipe success stories
> at your Burger King when you clock out.

Great, I've got a huge place right outside the Meadows of Chantilly. I moved there after I sold my mansion over at Waples Mobile Home estates. I moved from there because you were an annoying neighbor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Date: May 18, 2010 02:18PM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NOVA Asiandale campus I presume?


Looks like it could be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Busted by teens ()
Date: June 09, 2010 05:18PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just because the guy is rich doesn't mean he likes
> hanging around with rich people. Most uber-rich
> people I have run into have a certain level of
> psychosis.


Must be true, he was just busted, hidden cameras in his pool changing room. Channel 5 news.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: robin ()
Date: June 09, 2010 06:05PM

No but I saw its owner on the news. Interesting to see how this plays out!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Busted by teens ()
Date: June 09, 2010 06:07PM

robin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No but I saw its owner on the news. Interesting to
> see how this plays out!

You are correct, it could be someone else.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: redis ()
Date: June 09, 2010 06:15PM

Dont think so

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 09, 2010 07:01PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: June 09, 2010 07:14PM

pgens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's him. Now he'll have to give the batmobile to
> the lawyers.
>
> http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/virginia/va-man-ch
> arged-for-hiding-camera-at-home-during-post-prom-p
> arty-060910



D'Oh! If he had planted it anywhere else in his house, he may have been able to argue the cameras were for ensuring nothing got stolen, vandalized, or there wasn't underage drinking, etc., etc. The changing room....not a good idea. Never a good idea.

__________________________________
That's not a ladybug, that's a cannapiller.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Wolf ()
Date: June 21, 2010 04:49PM

Look at another recent post on this dude. He's one of the founders of AOL and he recently got arrested for taping little girls in a changing room

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: carie ()
Date: June 21, 2010 05:13PM

nope.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 21, 2010 05:30PM

Wolf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look at another recent post on this dude. He's
> one of the founders of AOL and he recently got
> arrested for taping little girls in a changing
> room


Really? Didn't see that post.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: pgense ()
Date: June 22, 2010 12:36PM

yeah, I saw that thread too

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Date: June 24, 2010 12:20AM

Yes ricky it is the Dykstra guy, but he didn't necessarily found money metal AOL but did develop its early technology along with one hurting ricky named Marc Seriff.

What a hurting pervert. His life is a SHOW. Centreville? Mansion? Really?

I believe he bought this "batmobile" from someone who won a replica Batmobile from a contest that was used to promote one of the more recent Batman movies. Not the 1960s one but a replica. A hurting loser.

Borgata.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Maverick ()
Date: June 25, 2010 03:47PM

Sure is a lot of childish resentment and jealousy here towards a guy that donates a great deal of his time and money to many, many good causes. Like most people that have some money he has a few toys that he enjoys but certainly not as much as he could have if he kept all his wealth to himself. He's a very generous person and doesn't deserve the petty comments we're seeing in this thread.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: boredom ()
Date: June 25, 2010 05:01PM

Maverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure is a lot of childish resentment and jealousy
> here towards a guy that donates a great deal of
> his time and money to many, many good causes. Like
> most people that have some money he has a few toys
> that he enjoys but certainly not as much as he
> could have if he kept all his wealth to himself.
> He's a very generous person and doesn't deserve
> the petty comments we're seeing in this thread.

Ok. What time and money has he donated to good causes and I reject any donations of time or money for activities where his children were involved at the time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: 4EbP9 ()
Date: June 25, 2010 11:30PM

Maverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure is a lot of childish resentment and jealousy
> here towards a guy that donates a great deal of
> his time and money to many, many good causes. Like
> most people that have some money he has a few toys
> that he enjoys but certainly not as much as he
> could have if he kept all his wealth to himself.
> He's a very generous person and doesn't deserve
> the petty comments we're seeing in this thread.



ooookayy Mr. Dykstra okay

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: June 26, 2010 01:10AM

The topic of this thread is "Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?"

I think a better question is "Has the Centreville Batmobile man seen you?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Date: June 26, 2010 07:44PM

Most of the super-rich AOL founders feel so guilty about their riches that they go out of their way to quietly donate, run charities, and form foundations. Jim Kimsey, who built that mansion over the Potomac that you see from the Chain Bridge, is one of these. His mansion and the next-door Frank Lloyd Wright house, are explicitly designed for entertaining donors to his causes. He's been constantly pouring millions out.

I wonder what's going on in his head that he thinks he didn't deserve all that money. I personally heard him say that he owes the world a huge debt and God is asking him to pay it back. He mentioned something about Korea and the Viet Nam war that he feels terrible about, maybe it's just that he survived it while most of his friends did not.

This Dykstra guy, on the other hand, just happened to be there when they were looking for programmers. Nothing special about him. Rich pervert show-off.

Oh, before I forget: Borgata, Borgata, Borgata.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: chargers ()
Date: August 25, 2014 10:50PM

Yeah but all of you losers forget one important thing. You live in Northern VA.... ha hah hahahahhah


hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah hahahaha aaahhhhahahahaha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you seen the Centreville Batmobile?
Posted by: Kim ()
Date: March 30, 2016 08:30PM

I saw it today in the Giant Shopping center at Bradfock & Stone Rd. It was parked, I got great pics
Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
  *******   **     **  **    **  **     **  **    ** 
 **     **  **     **   **  **    **   **   **   **  
 **     **  **     **    ****      ** **    **  **   
  ********  **     **     **        ***     *****    
        **  **     **     **       ** **    **  **   
 **     **  **     **     **      **   **   **   **  
  *******    *******      **     **     **  **    ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.