HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is bell tolling on Velocity Five in Merrifield
Posted by: Maureen ()
Date: May 12, 2010 03:06AM

Noticed the place rarely has a crowd these days as I drive through beautiful Merrifield. Stopped in 2 fridays ago to watch the Celtics play on the tv. and they had karaoke going, ain't that kind of a bad sign to have that kind of stuff on a friday night? not much of crowd at that. last went in last fall to watch Favre lots of waitresses and some fine looking bartendressess but seemed like no waitresses and mainly dude bartenders now. oh did have some dude you tip to use the bathroom. i hate that kind of crap. must have worked previously at bridges. Ain't this Velocity Five the original. business they intially had gravitate back to Grevey's. Neglect by the owners as they opened new Velocity 5's. Merrifield is a dump?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is bell tolling on Velocity Five in Merrifield
Posted by: 703mama ()
Date: May 12, 2010 08:20AM

Yep, they are constantly being named as a defendant in civil actions for not paying their bills. And yes, it is a DUMP.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: May 12, 2010 08:22AM

New "Merrifield (or Muddyfield) Sux" thread posted by Pissed As Hell in 3.....2.....1....

Posted by: uhoh ()
Date: May 14, 2010 01:35PM

Been in there a couple of times.. nothing special. This place will fold soon. Shitty, dangerous shopping center too, Almost been hit in that lot way too many times.

Posted by: also ran ()
Date: May 14, 2010 02:58PM

but on the plus side their bathrooms are cleaner than Wendys

Posted by: really ()
Date: May 14, 2010 08:09PM

Have been there a few times - always busy when I'm there, the inside is great, nice atmosphere -- not sure where you all have been - but its not that bad at all.

Posted by: masanya ()
Date: May 14, 2010 10:51PM

Yeah I agree with the first poster. I started going to V5 when it first opened and it was pretty tight back then, like about two years ago. But now it is empty every time I go there. The shopping center sucks, it's trashy. And the place has an overall cheeseness that ive noticed over the past few years.

Posted by: JOE BLOW ()
Date: May 14, 2010 11:07PM

Over confident ownership.

Posted by: Sox-Bruins-#1 ()
Date: May 14, 2010 11:44PM

I just moved to the area from Boston and I like going out drinking trying to meet some people. I've been to Sweet Water, Four Provinces, and Grevey's. I watched the Bruins a few times at Grevey's. Had a good time there and the food was tastier then I expected. Fairfax City and Washington D.C. are too far for me to have a few drinks and drive; so i want to stick to places nearby. Never been to Velocity V but I pass it often. Guess im gonna skip it. I dont want to pay to use the bathroom.

Posted by: Like it ()
Date: May 15, 2010 09:34AM

I have no complaints at all about V5. It is a great place to watch a game and the food is not bad. I enjoy sitting at the bar. If you haven't been there, don't hesitate about going. It's very nice inside and clean.

It doesn't help that Merrifield is a disaster with construction right now. Once that is finished, although it might be awhile, V5 will be in a great spot. I think that is what the owner is anticipating.

There is a lot of good development planned for that corner.

Posted by: herculees ()
Date: May 15, 2010 09:58AM

Muddyfield construction will be going on for years. Doubt an near empty V5 could hold out that long. And most of the tv's are too small to watch ballgames on. No better than what most folks probably have at home these days. if its a singles bar still seems like a small crowd. what happened to the beautiful blonde bartendress moved on to some place with better business?

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: May 15, 2010 10:13PM

its probably all of the fucking illegals constantly hanging out in the parking lot that is scaring away business.

Posted by: 12345 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 11:37AM

Or it could be the beer prices that are about what you'd expect to pay in downtown D.C. I have to laugh at that every time I go there, they're charging drink prices like they're some hip club right next door to the Verizon Center, and they're in dumpy strip mall in Fairfax next to a dollar store and an Asian market. No way that's going to fly. If I'm going to pay $5 for a beer, why wouldn't I go to Greveys where there are a lot more TVs & outside seating, or to Sweetwater for a fresh microbrew? At best, this is a second coming of Bridges, and the times that I've been to V5 it looked like about the same crowd - and that is not a compliment.

Posted by: Maurice ()
Date: July 02, 2010 02:17AM

V5 now has bands on thursday nights
bikini contests alternating Fridays
and the poker night on tuesdays which has been there for a while

love the onion rings

still business seems a tad slow but that a/c is fantastic

Posted by: Woodbridge ()
Date: July 03, 2010 03:06AM

Maurice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> V5 now has bands on thursday nights
> bikini contests alternating Fridays
> and the poker night on tuesdays which has been
> there for a while
>
> love the onion rings
>
> still business seems a tad slow but that a/c is
> fantastic

Poker night = white trash circus

Posted by: maurice ()
Date: July 04, 2010 01:01AM

Ah woodbridge i see you've been there at least once
you didn't come all the way up from woodbridge too attend

the onion rings are still good

Posted by: Woodbridge ()
Date: August 04, 2010 09:44PM

Poker Night -

white trash, white trash

what ya gonna do when they come for you

Posted by: roaches ()
Date: August 14, 2010 05:59PM

I found a roach in my salad at V5

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.