HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Me Me Me Democrats Think The Republicans Should Give Them The US Supreme Court Nomination For Them To Name The Justice Who Will Succeed Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Posted by: Its Always a One Way (D) Street ()
Date: September 21, 2020 03:07PM

In 2016 Obama was a Democrat president the US Senate was controlled constitutionally by the Republicans who lawfully blocked Obamas nomination of Judge Garland. Obama could have withdrawn the nomination and selected Judge James C Ho but he refused.

In 2020 Trump is a Republican president The US Senate is still controlled constitutionally by the Republicans who will confirm Trumps nominee and may do so constitutionally at any time

The Democrats control the US House and that is only 1/3 of the powers in the US government . They have no authority or moral mandate to demand anything with the new supreme court appointment . The Democrats senators can question the new Trump nominee at public hearings which will be televised , they will have the time to do that and cast their vote for confirmation , that's all they get under the constitution.

If the 2020 situation was reversed Democrats would requote Obama " Elections Have Consequences" and proceed with the nomination hearings and senate confirmation to seat their nominee on the high court for life

Democrats are free to try to amend and ratify the constitution to remove the 2nd amendment with police state law put in its place , and change the way the Supreme Court is organized as well as the ways they can legally cheat to get their ways ..bad luck to them totally !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Me Me Me Democrats Think The Republicans Should Give Them The US Supreme Court Nomination For Them To Name The Justice Who Will Succeed Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Posted by: Mitch Put It On The Democrats ! ()
Date: September 21, 2020 03:38PM

Right Now Mitch is telling it like the is , like the fact there has only been 6 times in the history of the US when Supreme Court Justices have died during a presidents final year in office.

Mitch told about the horrible way Democrats acted during Justice Gorsuch and Kavanaugh's nomination hearings and Senate Democrat minority leader Schumer's threats he made to the high court which will be fully refreshed in living color

This is why the nomination hearings will be fully televised to give Democrats the legal rope to hang themselves with their lies and deceptions before the American people's eyes during the live televised hearings ! Not After the date of the election !

It will be the PREFECT STORM To Fully Sink The Democrats ship which has been floundering as its rotten thru and thru !!

And Now Ladies and Gentleman MASK NAZI JOE IS On, bubbling some bull on CNN!

Re: Me Me Me Democrats Think The Republicans Should Give Them The US Supreme Court Nomination For Them To Name The Justice Who Will Succeed Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Posted by: Its Always Our Way ()
Date: September 29, 2020 01:15PM

With Democrats , that's why nothing got done in 2018-2020 in congress , since the beginning of time the congress has had to compromise, Dems wont with Schumer or Nancy or the rest

Then the leftist supporting media blame Republicans

Posted by: PT4JK9 ()
Date: September 29, 2020 05:36PM

No luck with spammers

Posted by: They Get Nothing ()
Date: September 30, 2020 06:44PM

Trump was elected for a 4 year term the GOP holds the senate till Jan 2021

Besides there no need to be nice , as they would fill that seat if they could with Obama and they will if they get the chance , someday they will , but as long as its 6-3 its ok

Posted by: Now lets look at the boods ()
Date: September 30, 2020 11:26PM

How Supreme Court justices have been selected has been governed by a few written rules and a larger number of traditional ones. The only rule set in stone though was the one that said that no justice could be removed from the court unless he died, resigned or was impeached.

For the period starting right after the blatant effort of Federalists to pack the courts before Jefferson took office, regardless of which party controlled the Senate and regardless of the president's party, the general rule was if the president nominated a reasonable, qualified candidate, the Senate would confirm him. There were a few blatant exceptions to this. The first major exception was after the Civil War when the Republican Congress deliberately reduced the size of the Supreme Court to prevent Johnson from being able to appoint any justices, and then immediately returned it to its previous size when Grant took office. The second was during the last year of the LBJ administration when Republican Senators joined with conservative Southern Democrats to prevent Johnson from appointing Justice Fortas to succeed retiring Chief Justice (and Republican) Earl Warren so that Nixon was ultimately able to appoint Burger. The most recent instance before 2016 was when Clarence Thomas squeaked through. Although there were more than enough Democrats to prevent the Thomas nomination from proceeding to a final vote, the Democrats did not prevent the vote.

What the asswipe from Kentucky did in 2016 was a raw exercise of power which as majority leader he clearly had the ability to do under Senate rules, but which had absolutely no basis in precedent. Having done that he turned around and expanded Harry Reid's simple majority rule to Supreme Court nominees. Now he's saying that his rationale for not considering the Gorsuch nomination in 2016 does not apply in 2020 because its his own president's nominee that is being considered. No question there is nothing in the written in stone rules which prevents him from doing this.

However naked exercises of power can be met with naked exercises of power. Majorities are seldom permanent and the presidency switches from party to party. Nine justices on the Supreme Court isn't written in stone. We have had different numbers in the past. There is a good reason why the number of justices should be expanded. Currently individual Supreme Court justices are appointed to supervise the circuit courts. Since there are more than nine circuits certain justices have to supervise multiple circuits. It would only take a bare majority of Democrats in the House, the Senate and a Democratic president to change the rules on the number of justices on the court. Having changed that number the Democrats could then fill those new spots without any change among current members. Then if Republicans can gain control of the House, Senate and presidency they can do the same.

This nightmare scenario of the Supreme Court being reduced to being a mere political football is exactly what current Chief Justice Roberts has been fighting against. The U.S. Supreme Court fucked up royally when it stepped into the Bush-Gore fight. Bush-Gore stands with Plessy v. Ferguson, Dred Scott and Koromatsu was the biggest wounds the Supreme Court inflicted on itself. Ironically it was totally unnecessary.

The reality though is that neither Donald Trump nor Mitch McConnell can act any differently than they currently are. Its a myth that Republicans have not been in control of the courts. However it is a myth that the Republican base believes. The Republican base would never forgive a Republican president or a Republican senate from not taking whatever steps they could to cement a Republican controlled court. And your comments OP clearly demonstrate this.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.