HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Horse Boarding Stables
Posted by: VaRider ()
Date: April 29, 2007 12:43PM

I just recently bought my own horse and she is stabled at a private barn; but I am looking for a COMPLETE list of barns in the area so that I can find the best home for her when I have to move her.

I've found a few lists of barns (like on the VA Equestrian website), but I know there are barns out there that are not on those lists (I've ridden at quite a few of them.)

I would love lots of space for her to run as she is young and full of energy, but I also want a place in Frfx County that is close enough for me to visit her after work (D.C.) at night.

I know it'll be difficult to find both of those qualifications together, but any suggestions? Anywhere in Frfx County is good since I'll be looking for an apartment that will be close to my barn.

Thx for your help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Horse Boarding Stables
Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: April 29, 2007 11:55PM

theres one on braddock rightafter the parkway and theres another on popes head rd at the intersection with clifton.

Posted by: Buck ()
Date: April 30, 2007 07:55AM

People around Clifton/Fairfax Station rent out their land. You might go to the Clifton General store (located in the town of Clifton) and look through their bulletin board and/or post your request there.

Buck

Posted by: Wilbur ()
Date: April 30, 2007 08:48AM

I think there a some near that dog food plant off of 28.....

Posted by: Lester Burnham ()
Date: April 30, 2007 08:50AM

There is a tack shop in Clifton (Clifton Saddlery?) which could also offer some ideas. There should not be a shortage of people with available space, it really depends how far you want to drive and are willing to pay. My sense is that there will be a lot of places on the Fairfax/Prince William line, but they may not be all that convenient to an apartment.

Posted by: Strat ()
Date: May 12, 2007 05:07AM

Well, I have yet to see a comprehensive list. We've tried several over the years, and some of the best are modest and don't do much in the way of advertising.

You might try Union Ridge on Bull Run Post Office Road in Centerville, there are also a few on Aldie Road in Catharpin.

Fairfax county rates seem to be significantly higher than Prince William, and not that much closer in many cases, IMHO.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.