HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Towing on Private Property
Posted by: FrfxRsdnt ()
Date: April 29, 2007 12:02PM

If a car is towed on private property (because the guest pass was accidentally out-of-date) does the towing company, which towed the car, have the legal right to break into the locked car (with the tools they have to open locked cars) to remove any items from the car? (This was probably done before the vehicle in question was even towed.)

The towing company was not called by the police, and the police were in no way involved. It was a private towing company breaking into a private car.

Does anyone know the Fairfax County code or any other legal regulation number of any sort?

Thank you so much for any help you might have to offer!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Towing on Private Property
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: April 29, 2007 12:36PM

a lawyer, or a person with common sense, would have to ask you exactly why you haven't called the cops if you believe your car was illegally broken into... and had them answer these questions...

Date: April 29, 2007 12:45PM

The only thing that was taken was the parking pass itself... but it is still disturbing that they broke into my locked car and took property from within the car itself. Is that really a matter to take up with the police, or will they laugh at me?

Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: April 29, 2007 12:56PM

my neighbour has all these exotic cars, and once a tow truck came early in the morning and took his lotus. he came out, and was like wtf, he told us he had no idea what happened. however, the car was returned that evening in fine condition.

Date: April 29, 2007 12:58PM

I believe only the police could properly obtain a warrant to get into the vehicle, no matter what was taken.

The police have an obligation to at least hear you out if you approach them honestly. The worst they could say is that it's civil, and that you need to speak a lawyer.

Posted by: cw ()
Date: April 29, 2007 02:05PM

They could if they saw something of value and wanted to secure it separately from your car. I am sure the liability of something being missing is on them anyway, but again you would have to have some proof that it was there before they towed it.
They are limited by code as to how much they can charge for towing and storage. Watch that they dont pull the trick of towing it at 11 pm and releasing it at 1 am and trying to charge you for two days.

Date: April 29, 2007 02:17PM

They charged me $125 for about 4 hours. I don't think they broke down the cost for me. Is that excessive? It seems like it, but I haven't dealt with towing companies before.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: April 29, 2007 02:41PM

This sounds like a BS excuse of somebody who didn't have a parking pass in their car and got towed.

My guess is that you gave your parking pass to a friend to use for the night and then your car got nabbed.

Date: April 29, 2007 02:52PM

I am not worried about my car being towed; I paid the fine and am fine with it as the parking pass had expired in mid-April. (I WAS the guest at the apartment complex.)

I am upset at the principle of a private company breaking into a private car without permission and taking property. I would appreciate advice on THAT matter.

I would also appreciate it if you would not be so cynical toward others looking for advice, Lurker. If you do not have advice to help, then possibly consider posting your opinions elsewhere?

Thank you for your time though.

Date: April 29, 2007 02:56PM

The answer is yes, they have the right. It is considered "securing the car for towing."

Date: April 29, 2007 03:14PM

I think the $125 sounds about right. I dont think it is considered breaking into a car just to secure property. No criminal intent. Depending on the car they may have had to enter to set the steering wheel for towing.
Since it is private property and they have the landlords permission to tow they have a lot of latitude in enforcement.

Depending on how they entered the car make sure the locks work on all sides. If they didnt know what they were doing they can damage the locking system if they used a slim jim, the tool that slips into the door and releases the lock. If used improperly the slim jim can damage a side release air bag and also the weather stripping around the glass.

Date: April 29, 2007 03:17PM

Thank you cw and RESton Peace for your help!

Posted by: Towing Expert ()
Date: April 29, 2007 07:48PM

If your vehicle is parked on private property than the property owner has the right to remove it. If someone parks in your front yard you can have that car towed too. Property Management companies establish contracts with towing companies that tell them to routinely patrol their property and tow any vehicle which is breaking one of their pre-established towing guidelines. Once the towing company has authorization to tow the vehicle, they can do so however they want. If you think they damaged your vehicle with "malice criminal intent" than you can try to seek criminal charges, but that is highly unlikely in a towing situation. The only recourse you have is to take the towing company and/or property management company to small claims court to recoup your loss.

Oh and by the way, go get a parking pass...

Date: April 29, 2007 10:02PM

The guy never claimed he wasnt at fault for the car being towed he just wanted to know if it was legal if the tow truck driver could enter his car and remove items. At least he owned up to being a part of the problem.

I once had my car towed. The parking permit was hanging on the rear view mirror. The car was towed and the driver said he never saw it. The apartment complex gave me back my money as they had a record of me being issued the permit. Later they found out the driver was entering cars and tossing the permits away and claiming they never had one. He went to the well too many times when other drivers were having the same experience. He was fired and the company lost the contract. It was a big high rise so they lost a lot of business.

Posted by: Former HOA President1 ()
Date: April 30, 2007 01:02PM

cw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The guy never claimed he wasnt at fault for the
> car being towed he just wanted to know if it was
> legal if the tow truck driver could enter his car
> and remove items. At least he owned up to being a
> part of the problem.
>
> I once had my car towed. The parking permit was
> hanging on the rear view mirror. The car was towed
> and the driver said he never saw it. The apartment
> complex gave me back my money as they had a record
> of me being issued the permit. Later they found
> out the driver was entering cars and tossing the
> permits away and claiming they never had one. He
> went to the well too many times when other drivers
> were having the same experience. He was fired and
> the company lost the contract. It was a big high
> rise so they lost a lot of business.

Simply, yes, they can enter your car to release the parking brake and secure property, etc. Good luck if anything was missing though - the burdsen of proof is on you and the laws arew mostly on the tow companys side.

The tow company agreed to tow the car. How they do it is their business. Good luck proving damage to the vehicle also.

It is like getting burried with your rings and rolex on - Best of luck on that one.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 30, 2007 02:05PM

see... this is why you need to get a lethal security system. 40Amps through the exterior will work. :)

"you have 10 seconds to remove your hands from the car."

when they break the window it just goes off and says "goodbye."

perfect. :)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: pyramids17 ()
Date: April 30, 2007 06:00PM

hello im new here. pretty sure by law the company must provide you a copy of the laws governing towing fees...or at least the company's policy. that or they can't deny you that information if you request it. you should always request one because there are caps on the amount of money they can charge you. did you need the pass to write down a phone number on? not sure why you were concerned about them taking that...it was expired. $125 is about right.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 30, 2007 06:14PM

Fairfax County does have a maximum amount a towing company can charge. It was increased about one and a half years ago. $125 for towing and one daysa storage does sound about right.

Date: April 30, 2007 07:06PM

Former HOA President1 Wrote:
> It is like getting burried with your rings and
> rolex on - Best of luck on that one.

RESPONSES TO EVERYONE! :-)

Well, I'm glad I'm not getting buried :-/ That would make the situation a little bit more grim. (My friend did remind me that at least my driving record is still flawless and that it could have been worse than finding out my car was gone: at least it wasn't an accident.)

They did completely scratch my driver's side window, about a 6 inch x 10 inch bundle of dense scratches. I guess I'm SOL.

I think my car does have a 40 amp car alarm... at least it sure seems like it when it accidentally goes off in the church parking lot.

Thanks for the $125 information!

As to the parking pass issue... yes it was expired. I'm not worried about the pass itself... it just really terrifies me that in a nation where our civil liberties are based on ownership and privacy, and where police have to have warrants to enter property, a tow truck driver can break into your car, causing damage, and take property (when he had no need to open the door at all seeing as my brake was not on) and it is all legal. I just feel violated. I have a lot of personal effects in my car. That's all.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Posted by: FairF4x0r ()
Date: April 30, 2007 08:37PM

The problem is your property was sitting on someone else's property and it did not appeared from the expired parking pass that it had authorization to do so. In that case the "someone else's" property trumps your property. What if you owned a house with a driveway and someone parked in it and took off? Don't you think you have a right to get rid of that person's car, even though it means the tow truck guy has to open it up? It's the same thing with your complex or association's ownership (or at least designated custodianship) of the property your car is sitting on.

I hate it too... I had my car towed once because I had left my pass in the glove box. PITA but it's for damn sure I check every time now!

Date: April 30, 2007 09:15PM

FairF4x0r Wrote:
> The problem is your property was sitting on
> someone else's property and it did not appeared
> from the expired parking pass that it had
> authorization to do so. In that case the "someone
> else's" property trumps your property. What if
> you owned a house with a driveway and someone
> parked in it and took off? Don't you think you
> have a right to get rid of that person's car, even
> though it means the tow truck guy has to open it
> up? It's the same thing with your complex or
> association's ownership (or at least designated
> custodianship) of the property your car is sitting
> on.
>
> I hate it too... I had my car towed once because I
> had left my pass in the glove box. PITA but it's
> for damn sure I check every time now!

I just doesn't seem like it should matter. As long as the brake is not on and there is nothing that needs to be "secured", it doesn't seem that the tow man should be allowed to break into the car (causing damage) in order to dig through my stuff. That just isn't necessary when removing the car from the private property.

It's just my opinion... would you have felt differently if they had taken your property out of your car when they towed it? Maybe I'm just overly protective of my belongings.

Posted by: pyramids17 ()
Date: May 01, 2007 02:59AM

yeah that was pretty pointless for them to do that, but they are all about the money. i got my car towed twice in something like a week last summer because the apartment complex wouldnt grant me a parking pass. they finally gave me a guest pass. (huh?) i came back one night and all the guest spots were taken. so i parked one spot over from the end of the guest spots in a pretty much empty lot and they still towed it. did they think a "real resident" would be deprived of a parking spot because of me? they didnt open my car, though.

Date: May 01, 2007 08:03AM

pyramids17 Wrote:
>(huh?) i came back one night and all the
> guest spots were taken. so i parked one spot over
> from the end of the guest spots in a pretty much
> empty lot and they still towed it. did they think
> a "real resident" would be deprived of a parking
> spot because of me? they didnt open my car,
> though.

I forgot to mention that in my towing incident, my car was towed from my own numbered, reserved spot because my tag wasn't showing. So yeah, they will deprive real residents :) The car at the time was a little distinctive and the same towing guys came through every night... they knew the car was supposed to be there and they towed it anyway.

FrfxRsdnt: I didn't make my post clear and that was my fault... I agree totally they should not steal your stuff. But as for entering the car, I know nothing about towing... if they don't secure the steering wheel or check the parking break from inside the car, can they damage their truck if they start to pull it out and stuff isn't set correctly? Also if the wheel is not set right I guess it is possible they could start to pull a car out and have the other end hit a car next to it.

Date: May 01, 2007 08:56AM

Out of curiosity, was it Henry's towing?

They nabbed one of my cars and had the car lifted to high. Underneath the front end were all sorts of scrape marks. I finally argued with them and got their insurance claim number.

Needless to say we made their lifes a living hell everytime they came in the parking lot. Even egged their trucks once. Oh, the good ole days...

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: May 02, 2007 04:02PM

FYI

Here is the law, as stated in the Municple Code of Fairfax Co.
Just pay attention to the part. " the fee limit only applies if an officer did not request the vehicle removal" ie aprtment complex/tresspass towing/ or predatory towing.. read on...........

Source: http://www.municode.com/Resources/gateway.asp?pid=10051&sid=46

Section 82-5-32. Removal and disposition of vehicles unlawfully parked on private or County property.
(a) It shall be lawful for any owner, operator, lessee, or authorized agent of the one having control of the premises of any parking area or space therein or part thereof, or of any other lot or building, including the County, to have any motor vehicle occupying such lot, area, space or building or part thereof without the permission of such owner, operator, or authorized agent of the one having control of such premises removed by towing or otherwise to a storage site which meets the requirements of this Section until called for by the owner or his agent; provided, that the following conditions are met:
(1) A property owner shall erect and maintain a permanent sign, readable during daytime and nighttime hours, conspicuously posted at all entrances or otherwise so located as to be visible to any person parking a vehicle on the property, notifying the public of parking restrictions and that towing is enforced. The signs must have wording that indicates "private property," "reserved parking," or otherwise reasonably informs the public of parking restrictions and that towing of vehicles may occur. The words "If towed, call 691-2131" must be affixed to the front of each sign; provided, however, that the requirement for signs shall not apply on any property used at the time of removal for one single-family residence or one two-family residence.
(2) A tow truck operator who tows a trespassing vehicle, parked in violation of the posted parking restrictions, from private or County property shall immediately notify the Fairfax County Public Safety Communications Center (PSSC); provided, however, whenever a vehicle is towed from locations within the Town of Herndon or the Town of Vienna, the tow truck operator shall notify the law enforcement agency in that jurisdiction.
It shall be unlawful to fail to report such tow as required by this Section, and violation of the reporting requirement of this Section shall constitute a traffic infraction punishable by a fine of not more than $100.00. Such failure to report shall limit the amount which may be charged for the storage and safekeeping of the towed vehicle to an amount no greater than that charged for one day of storage and safekeeping. The tow truck operator shall inform the law enforcement agency personnel of: (i) the nameof the tow truck operator and the tow company removing the vehicle; (ii) the make, model, color, year, vehicle identification number and the license plate of the towed vehicle; (iii) the address the vehicle was towed from; (iv) the time that the vehicle was towed; and (v) the storage site where the vehicle is located.
(3) The property owner, operator or lessee has directly or through an agent, expressly authorized the towing of the particular vehicle, or has by a written agreement or contract, delegated to a tow company and such company's tow truck operators, the authority to make the decision to remove a trespassing vehicle without express authorization. For each vehicle towed, a tow company shall maintain, for a period of six months, a record of the authorization to tow, including: (i) the information required to be provided to the PSSC or other state or local law enforcement agency pursuant to subsection (a)(2) of this Section; (ii) the reason for the tow; (iii) the name, address, telephone number and authority of the person authorizing the tow, and that individual's signature, if expressly authorized; or (iv) reference to the written agreement delegating authority to the tow company and its tow truck operators to tow vehicles from the premises.
(4) Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this Section, if the owner or operator of the trespassing vehicle is present and removes the trespassing vehicle from the premises before it is connected to the towing vehicle, the owner or operator shall not be charged any fee; if the towing vehicle has been connected to the trespassing vehicle, the trespassing vehicle shall not be towed, but the owner or operator of the trespassing vehicle shall be liable for a reasonable fee, not to exceed $25.00, in lieu of towing, provided that the owner or operator of the trespassing vehicle forthwith removes the trespassing vehicle from the premises.
(5) In lieu of having a trespassing vehicle removed by towing or otherwise, the owner, operator, lessee, or other authorized agent of the premises on which the trespassing vehicle is parked may cause the vehicle to be immobilized by a boot or other device that prevents a vehicle from being moved by preventing a wheel from turning, provided that the boot or other device does not damage the vehicle or wheel. The charge for removal of such device shall not exceed $25.00.
(6) In lieu of having such vehicle removed by towing or otherwise, or causing the vehicle to be immobilized, the owner, operator, lessee or other authorized agent of the premises on which the trespassing vehicle is parked may request that a duly authorized local government official or law enforcement officer issue, on the premises, a notice of the violation of a parking ordinance to the registered owner of the vehicle.
(b) This Section shall not apply to police, fire or public health vehicles or when a vehicle shall, because of a wreck or other emergency, be parked or left temporarily upon the property of another.
(c) The provisions of this Section shall not be construed to prohibit vehicles from being towed when otherwise permitted by law.
(d) A tow truck operator shall not tow a motor vehicle from private property unless the property owner has, directly or through an agent, expressly authorized the towing of the particular vehicle. However, a tow company or tow operator, to whom the authority to make the decision to remove a trespassing vehicle has been delegated by the property owner or the owner's agent, may remove the trespassing vehicle at any time. Such operator must comply with all the requirements of this Article. A tow company or tow truck operator to whom the authority to make a decision to remove a trespassing vehicle has been delegated, shall not tow or remove a vehicle from private property unless the vehicle is parked in violation of restrictions posted on the sign required by subsection (a) of this Section.
(e) Every site to which trespassing vehicles are towed shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) A tow truck operator must tow each vehicle to a storage site located within the boundaries of Fairfax County.
(2) A storage site shall be lighted during the hours of darkness to afford distinct visibility to all portions of the facility.
(3) A towed vehicle shall not be stored more than a reasonable walking distance from the area where towing and storage fee payments are received.
(4) The town operator shall exercise reasonable care to keep the towed vehicle and its contents secure at all times.
(5) Personal property in the vehicle must be released in accordance with State law.
(6) No tow truck operator may take a vehicle to a storage lot which does not meet these standards:
(A) Whenever a storage lot is closed, a conspicuous sign must be posted at the entrance of the storage lot which provides instructions and a local telephone number for obtaining release of a vehicle when the lot is not open;
(B) The local telephone number posted in the notice required by the preceding subsection shall be answered 24 hours a day; and
(C) The towed vehicle shall be available for release within two hours from the time the owner calls for the vehicle.
(f) All towing companies engaged in the business of towing vehicles from private property without the consent of the vehicle owner shall register with the Department of Cable Communications and Consumer Protection. Such registration shall contain the following information:
(1) Name, business address and telephone number of the towing company; and
(2) Address of each storage site to which trespassing vehicles are towed.
(g) Every tow company which engages in the towing of trespassing vehicles shall prominently display at its main place of business a comprehensive list of all its fees for towing, recovery and storage services and the company's normal business hours. A tow operator shall not collect from the owner of a towed vehicle charges in excess of those posted.
This section shall not apply to vehicles towed, stored, or both towed and stored at the request of a law enforcement officer.
(1) The maximum fees allowed to be charged are:
(A) Initial hookup and tow fee not to exceed $50.00.
(B) Vehicle storage at a rate not to exceed $25.00 for up to the first 24-hour period and shall not exceed $25.00 for each subsequent 24-hour period or any portion thereof for the safekeeping of vehicles or trailers.
(C) Release fees may be charged for vehicles claimed by the owner after normal business hours. No release fee may be more than $15.00. No other fees for release or administration may be charged.
(2) Towers may not charge additional fees for the use of a cable, flatbed, or dolly. Fees for extensive and unusual recovery and towing operations, including but not limited to the use of specialty equipment, may be charged at a reasonable rate.
(3) In all cases where a fee is paid, the tow truck company must provide the vehicle owner with a receipt that bears the complete name and address and telephone number of the tow truck company. Such receipt shall itemize all fees assessed in the towing, storage, and release of said vehicle. Such receipt shall include a printed notice stating that towers shall agree to mediate all complaints submitted to the Department of Cable Communications and Consumer Protection for resolution.
(h) A tow company or tow truck operator shall not require a vehicle owner to sign any waiver of the owner's right to receive compensation for damages to the owner's vehicle as a condition of the owner retrieving the towed vehicle.
(i) A tow company shall prominently display at the storage site, in a conspicuous place in that portion of the premises normally issued for receipt of payment, a sign which is readily noticeable and readable. The sign shall be furnished by the Department of Cable Communications and Consumer Protection, listing the Department's telephone number and informing consumers that they may contact the Department for assistance.
(j) A tow company or tow truck operator shall neither offer nor give any rebate, payment, or other compensation to a property owner or other person contracting for, authorizing or requesting the towing or removal of a vehicle.
(k) Except as otherwise provided by this Section, any violation of Fairfax County Code § 82-5-32 shall be punishable as a Class 3 misdemeanor. (3-13-63; 1961 Code, § 16-135; 34-78-82; 19-79-82; 30-89-82; 1-94-82, § 1; 19-06-82)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2007 04:02PM by Take a Stand.

Date: May 02, 2007 06:36PM

Take A Stand Wrote:

> All towing companies engaged in the business of towing vehicles from private property without the consent of the vehicle owner shall register with the Department of Cable Communications and Consumer Protection.

Department of Cable Communications and Consumer Protection?????

Apparently there's consumer protection and then there's... Cable Communications.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 02, 2007 07:38PM

Apparently there's consumer protection and then there's... Cable Communications.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dcccp/

And if you go to their website, you'll see that this department also boasts it's very own GIFT SHOP. So in case you ever need to buy an embossed shirt or tote bag, you just go talk to the Dept. of Consumer Protection and Cable Communications, those fuckers will hook you up.

Date: May 02, 2007 08:43PM

I forgot to mention that in my towing incident, my car was towed from my own numbered, reserved spot because my tag wasn't showing. So yeah, they will deprive real residents :) The car at the time was a little distinctive and the same towing guys came through every night... they knew the car was supposed to be there and they towed it anyway.
This very well could be a mistake on the towing companies side. If you feel like, argue this on the fact that your reserved parking space is your property and the HOA can not tow from your private property WITHOUT NOTICE.

Guest or unreserved spots are fair game. Reserved spoots are part of your castle. Check the original HOA docs if you have them.

Date: May 02, 2007 11:44PM

Lurker. Wrote:
> Out of curiosity, was it Henry's towing?

Yeah, it was them.

Date: May 02, 2007 11:47PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> This very well could be a mistake on the towing
> companies side. If you feel like, argue this on
> the fact that your reserved parking space is your
> property and the HOA can not tow from your private
> property WITHOUT NOTICE.
>
> Guest or unreserved spots are fair game. Reserved
> spoots are part of your castle. Check the original
> HOA docs if you have them.

I understand your point and agree that it is how things should be, but the rules in my community are clear on this... parking tags must be shown for all spots, reserved and guest (no "free" spots exist in my area). The space isn't my property, it is community property (assigned to me) and I know they were justified by the rules in towing it. In any case, this was years ago and that towing company doesn't have a contract with our community association anymore. Sucked to be me, but lesson learned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2007 11:47PM by FairF4x0r.

Date: May 03, 2007 01:13PM

Radiophile,
next time break the window of one of those bastard HOA 'tards and use theirs. :)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Bill ()
Date: May 18, 2007 10:44AM

I live at an apartment complex in Falls Church. My car was towed last night from a reserved spot that I have a sticker to park in. Because me car was backed into the spot it was towed, without notice. Because there was not one sign posted on the entire property that stated ANYTHING about towing or a phone number to call in the case at a tow occurred, I couldn't find out where my car was. This all happened to me at 6:30 in the morning as I was trying to go to work. I tried to go to the management to obtain a phone number and because they don't open until 8:30am, I couldn't not obtain the information I needed to get my car. Needless to say, I couldn't make into to work and I loss a whole days worth of wages because of this. What's wrong with this picture I ask??? Do you have any suggestions?

Date: May 18, 2007 10:46AM

What's wrong with this picture I ask??? Do you have any suggestions?

Spelling and grammar? Enroll in an elementary school?

Date: May 18, 2007 11:28AM

I guess don't back in next time. srsly though, that sucks.

Date: May 18, 2007 11:28AM

Why are you even on this blog if all you want to do is harass others? I think you need to go back to sucking on your mother's nipple and stop meddeling in other's lives.

Date: May 18, 2007 11:40AM

Dude, I said it sucked. What do you want? MORE sympathy? Okay... dude, that REALLY sucks.

Posting one's problems on a public forum is an INVITATION for anyone at all to comment on your life. If you want privacy, call your mom and tell her all about your parking problem. Maybe she'll give you a ride over to the lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2007 11:41AM by FairF4x0r.

Date: May 18, 2007 12:50PM

Again, Fairfax County has ruled that to tow a vehicle the property owner must erect signs AT EACH ENTRANCE to ther community stating that parking enforcement and the words "if towed call (703) 691-2131". Towns of Herndon and Vienna will have a different telephone number.

I do not believe the apartment complex did not have such a sign as required by the county. Please call the Fairfax county traffic department (or whatever they call themselves) and they will send out an inspector to look for these signs AT EACH ENTRANCE. If the signs are not there - you have a legitimate complaint against the owner of the property.

Date: May 18, 2007 12:57PM

My message was intended for RESton Peace, who rudely insulted me after I posted my message. I didn't mean for you to get caught in the cross fire of this stupid shit.

A public forum is NOT an invitation to be insulted or slandered at another's expense. I believe you're sadly mistaken.

For your information, I'm an 82 year old man and my mother died over 15 years ago.

Date: May 18, 2007 12:59PM

Thank you Radiophile! Finally some answers! I will give them a call as suggested.

Date: May 18, 2007 02:27PM

Bill Wrote:
> For your information, I'm an 82 year old man and
> my mother died over 15 years ago.

So if she was alive she'd be 100... are you saying all people who are 100 can't drive? That's discrimination and bigotry!

> A public forum is NOT an invitation to be insulted
> or slandered at another's expense. I believe
> you're sadly mistaken.

Any public display is open to insults, same as it was 82 years ago. I see no evidence that REStonPeace slandered you... he didn't make any characterization of you at all, and I certainly didn't hear him say anything. If you were referring to libel then I don't think he did that either, because if you don't know the difference between slander and libel then elementary school certainly wouldn't hurt as I suspect fifth graders know the difference and you don't.

And no stid, I don't really believe we're corresponding with an 82-year-old who drives a car to work at 6:30 in the morning, I'm just feeding the troll for whatever sad reason.

Date: May 18, 2007 02:38PM

If he thought I was being insulting, he should have read what I wrote about his mother's corpse...

I redacted it since it was not of substance to the discussion, but let's just say she was the guest of honor recently at a TKE frat party, and those guys really love exotic sexual activities and video cameras.

Date: May 18, 2007 03:18PM

Bill Wrote:
> My message was intended for RESton Peace, who
> rudely insulted me after I posted my message. I
> didn't mean for you to get caught in the cross
> fire of this stupid shit.

Rude insults here at FFXU??? Who do I see about this????

> A public forum is NOT an invitation to be insulted
> or slandered at another's expense. I believe
> you're sadly mistaken.

This public forum is piratically nothing but insults and slander. I got used to it, so can you.

Other public forums are populated by nice people and they stay on topic and who sometimes have something interesting to say. This is not one of those forums. Sad but true.

Date: May 18, 2007 03:52PM

The simple fact of the matter is that he expects everyone on the internet to be polite and sunny, and I expect him to at least pretend to be educated enough to give an answer to.

Both of us were disappointed here.

Date: May 18, 2007 04:47PM

You guys have WWWAAAAYYYY too much time on your hands. Get a life!

Peace out bitches!

Date: May 18, 2007 06:51PM

How many 82 year-olds say peace out? Odd...

It's funnier that after my last post Radiophile refers to slander here :)

Posted by: Schrute ()
Date: May 18, 2007 08:44PM

Sign in front of Bill's house...
Attachments:
Troll.jpg

Posted by: Harry potter ()
Date: May 21, 2007 12:07AM

The HOA asshole in charge of towing at my former complex was a typical HOA Nazi fuck. He would tow cars parked in their assign spot if he had a bone to pick with you.Once my roommate planted a couple of Azaleas without "approval" from the Nazi assholes and they came over and ripped them out of the ground, leaving them in our backyard. Things escalated and he towed my car from my assigned spot,laughed when I confronted him and basically said "why don't you fagots move ? " That did it although neither of us our Homosexuals, his comment violated Federal Fair Housing Laws. Since he made the comment in front of two witnesses he had little defense. Mr. NAZI fuck was sued on June 26, 1999 by the Federal Government. He settled for approximately 88 % of his homes equity & Pension. At age 48 he got to start over. My former roommate still lives there, he bought the house with his share of the settlement. whatever Fucks over an HOA is a good thing.You should find the asshole that called to have your car towed and fuck his car up. A bucket of paint is cheap. If the crazy Beltway snipers would have just targeted HOA reps. the juries would have walked them.

Posted by: L2 ()
Date: May 21, 2007 04:46AM

I love this site and the story about the HOA Nazi.
Take a Stand, Thanks for the info on the law!
I bet that HOA Nazi feels violated!

Date: May 21, 2007 01:10PM

>>>neither of us our Homosexuals, his comment violated Federal Fair Housing Laws.

This particular group you were accused of belonging to is NOT a protected class under the Federal laws. I do not believe your story one bit. It is a lie, point blank. Don't believe me, check HUD website
http://www.hud.gov/offices/fheo/FHLaws/yourrights.cfm

Most, if not all HOAs have insurance policies that cover the Board of Directors should they be sued personally. If yours did not, shame on them. Loosing ones equity in a home and a portion of a pension under Fair Housing when the comment made is NOT about a protected class is just not believable at all.

And your language would not endear you to a jury. Calling him vulgar names (the "NZ" word) and then complaining he called you a name - who was the judge in the case, Barney Frank?

While most people complain about their HOAs taking what they believe to be unfair action, the most complaints are based upon what the Board does not do ie let commercial vehicles park in the community or not taking action against someone who does not clean up after their dog and paints their door purple and orange.

Please do not spread falsehoods. Speak from knowledge.

Date: May 21, 2007 04:55PM

Just thinking about it. Pensions are not subject to attachment in a civil lawsuit - except in the case of divorce.

How did he loose the equity in his house? Did the judge make him re-mortgage the property for the present value and use the proceeds to pay off you and your friend?

Highly unlikely.

So you sued him for discrimination of a NON PROTECTED CLASS. Then you won money from his future pension -even RTon Goldman's attorneys were not able to attach OJ's pension to the rulling. Then, you forced him to remortgage his property and give you the proceeds.....

Lies, all lies.

Date: May 21, 2007 06:29PM

Since homosexualty is not a protected class, I can legaly call you a faggot. So
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot
Faggot

Date: May 21, 2007 08:59PM

Wow... three posts in a row. Radiophile has achieved the posting rank of...
Attachments:
Netiquette.jpg

Posted by: FRIENDLY ATTORNEY ()
Date: May 27, 2007 11:27AM

Radiopile, you haven't a clue.Pensions can be seized in civil actions in Virginia. Mr. Simpson moved to Florida to escape similar California Law. With respect to discrimination against Homosexuals, it's illegal in Virgina and actionable as a simple Tort case. Most States have State civil rights laws that provide further relief in such cases. The federal government has been suing landlords in discrimination cases involving homosexuals since the Clinton administration. I will check a few case databases and see if I can find the case referred to above, I question it's accuracy as well.

Date: May 27, 2007 11:46AM

How can meatballs qualify to be a protected class?
Attachments:
faggot2.jpg

Date: May 27, 2007 06:37PM

FRIENDLY ATTORNEY Wrote:
> Radiopile, you haven't a clue.Pensions can be
> seized in civil actions in Virginia. Mr. Simpson
> moved to Florida to escape similar California Law.
> With respect to discrimination against
> Homosexuals, it's illegal in Virgina and
> actionable as a simple Tort case. Most States have
> State civil rights laws that provide further
> relief in such cases. The federal government has
> been suing landlords in discrimination cases
> involving homosexuals since the Clinton
> administration. I will check a few case databases
> and see if I can find the case referred to above,
> I question it's accuracy as well.

FRIENDLY ATTORNEY Wrote:
> Radiopile, you haven't a clue.Pensions can be
> seized in civil actions in Virginia. Mr. Simpson
> moved to Florida to escape similar California Law.
> With respect to discrimination against
> Homosexuals, it's illegal in Virgina and
> actionable as a simple Tort case. Most States have
> State civil rights laws that provide further
> relief in such cases. The federal government has
> administration. I will check a few case databases
> and see if I can find the case referred to above,
> I question it's accuracy as well.

The original poster said he sued under the Federal Fair Housing Laws, not the Commonwealth of Virginia or a similar State law somewhere else.

And in the 30 some years since the enactment of ERISA (The Employee Retirement And Income Security Act), no lawyer has ever been able to convince a judge to attach a defined benefit, defined contribution, or similar retirement plan to satisfy a civil judgment and make it stick. To be perfectly clear, I am not talking about a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO or "Quadro" as it is called in the biz) where a spouse/kids may be entitled to a portion of a qualified pension in a divorce situation. I am saying in a civil judgment, the qualified pension is off limits.

If a lawyer were ever able to, by some rare fluke, have a judge attach a pension, the higher court would immediately throw it out as a violation of ERISA. Do not believe me? Tough, it is the truth, get over it.

A couple of extremely specific exemptions may exist. A few times a State went after someone, and was able to seize (deny) part of this person's State pension obligation, but this is extremely rare and many times it was overturned. Under certain circumstances, the IRS may attach your pension, but the IRS can do a lot of things the rest of us can not do.

Just because OJ moved to Florida, the crime was committed in and he lived in California at the time. So his moving to Florida had nothing to do with the possibility of loosing a pension - it had to do with him loosing a house due to possible future bankruptcy. Florida has a homestead exemption - no matter what you owe or civil action is bought against you, you cannot loose your house in Florida (So I am perfectly clear, I believe one or two other states have a similar homestead exemption).

Counselor, you, sir, are NOT an ERISA attorney, and it is highly unethical and inappropriate for you to spew legal nonsense about ERISA at this public forum.
If I knew who you were, I would contact your Bar Association and file a formal complaint. Please do not practice law or give advice outside you area of expertise.

Date: May 27, 2007 07:59PM

FRIENDLY ATTORNEY Wrote:
>. The federal government has
> administration.

Again, Counselor, this is outside your area of expertise and you should NOT be spewing legal non-sense in a public forum. The Federal Government COULD NOT HAVE BEEN been suing landlords solely for discrimination against homosexuals because the landlords were not breaking any Federal Laws.

Federal Fair Housing Laws are enforced by HUD (US Department of Housing and Urban Development, you may have heard of them, Counselor; I doubt it though).

HUD makes this very clear. From their website
__________________________________________________________________________________
Situation 2
Jason and Jose have been in a committed relationship for five years and are looking for an apartment in Ellensburg. Several apartment complexes have refused to rent to them, and they suspect it is because they are gay.

Question: Do Jason and Jose have a fair housing complaint? Would they have a complaint if they were denied because Jose is Hispanic instead?

Answer: Sexual Orientation is not a prohibited basis of discrimination under the Fair Housing Act; therefore Jason and Jose would not have a Fair Housing Act Complaint if they believed they were denied because they are gay. However, they would have a Fair Housing Act complaint if they believe they were denied because Jose is Hispanic, since National Origin is a basis of discrimination protected under the Fair Housing Act.
___________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.hud.gov/local/shared/working/r10/fhsgquestions.cfm?state=id

Did you go to that same law school as Monica Goodling? Or is the University of Delaware your alma matter? Giving you permission to practice law is like giving a loaded handgun to 3 year old. May I suggest another line of work? Yes I would like cheese on my Big Mac.....

The next time someone asks for a good lawyer, I will recommend they not see you. What is your name again?

And I too question the accuracy of your "attorneyness". Go fucking ahead and sue my ass. Just do it in Federal Court - since you do not know the laws.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2007 08:40PM by Radiophile.

Date: May 27, 2007 09:26PM

It's hard to take you seriously when it's clear you don't know the difference between "loose" and "lose".

loose - 'loos'
lose - 'looz'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2007 09:28PM by RESton Peace.

Date: May 27, 2007 10:38PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> It's hard to take you seriously when it's clear
> you don't know the difference between "loose" and
> "lose".
>
> loose - 'loos'
> lose - 'looz'

Regretful apologies. I always had difficulty with that one. Thank you, your explanation is one I can remember.

One thing we should take into account - our Friendly Attorney had difficulty with "Its" and "It's".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2007 10:44PM by Radiophile.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: May 27, 2007 11:00PM

88% of a person's wealth gone because he used the word "fagot?" I should change my vocabulary. Sine this "attorney" commentated with out knowing real laws, perhaps he isn't an attorney, just a "fagot." Are you, attorney, or a fagot?

P.s. 88% of a person's wealth gone because he uses the word "fagot?" What did Allan loose for calling someone a "Makaka?."

Also, Fagot is derived from Yiddish, Fagula, Who would win in a case on fair housing, a Jew or a fagot?

Date: May 28, 2007 12:21AM

Radiophile it was wrong of me to single you out for that.. Gravis is the worst offender on "lose vs loose" (lol)

Date: May 28, 2007 06:55AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> Radiophile it was wrong of me to single you out
> for that.. Gravis is the worst offender on "lose
> vs loose" (lol)

shut up you looser!   xD

Date: May 28, 2007 08:31AM

FUNdamental Wrote:
>
>
> Also, Fagot is derived from Yiddish, Fagula, Who
> would win in a case on fair housing, a Jew or a
> fagot?

If there was discrimination, The Jew would win. Fair Housing is a catchall description for the rules and regulations established by the federal government under the 1968 Fair Housing Act which prohibited discrimination in on the basis of race, color, religion, and national origin. This original act was passed at the urging of President Johnson shortly after the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King and the Department of Housing and Urban Development is now in charge of federal enforcement. Gender was added as a "protected class" in 1974 and discrimination on the basis of disability or familial status was added by an amendment in 1988.

So discrimination in housing against a Jew is wrong. Discrimination against a fagot is perfectly ok - in the Federal laws.

It needs to be said, being an incompetent but FRIENDLY ATTORNEY is NOT a protected class; even if by "Friendly" he meant "Homosexual", and by "Attorney" he meant "a 37 year old single man who watches a lot of Boston Legal and Law and Order from his mother's basement."

I am glad I was able to clear this up for everybody.

Posted by: Mike ()
Date: May 28, 2007 06:44PM

I'm betting neither Radiophile or Fag friendly attorney are members of the Bar.Just Fags that like to pretend they know what the fuck they are talking about.

Date: May 28, 2007 07:50PM

Mike Wrote:
> I'm betting neither Radiophile or Fag friendly
> attorney are members of the Bar.Just Fags that
> like to pretend they know what the fuck they are
> talking about.

I never represented myself as a member of the bar. I represented myself who knows the ERISA laws, and the fact that pensions can not be attached in a civil judgement. I have also read the laws on what is a protected class and what is not a protected class. I can tell you for certain, as far as the federal government is concerned, they will not pursue employment or housing discrimination cases because of discrimination against homosexuals, despite what fag friendly attorneys say.

We are all here to exchange and learn. I was just trying to nip the mis-information in the bud.

Date: May 31, 2007 11:55AM

It has been a couple of days and we have not heard the relevant case law from FRIENDLY ATTORNEY about the seizure of pensions in VA and discrimination of a non-protected class.

Come on FRIENDLY ATTORNEY, share with us your knowledge!

Posted by: solves everything ()
Date: March 22, 2018 06:36AM

Bill Wrote:
> that's wrong with this picture I ask??? Do you have any suggestions?

After you get the address of the towing company, take an Uber down there.
(Attach bump stock before calling the Uber, don't want a 5 minute cancel fee.)

Posted by: Hit nail on da head ()
Date: March 23, 2018 09:16AM

Lurker. Wrote:
> This sounds like a BS excuse of somebody who
> didn't have a parking pass in their car and got
> towed.
>
> My guess is that you gave your parking pass to a
> friend to use for the night and then your car got
> nabbed.

Faggot OP let his gay lover use his pass and got towed.
Why would a tow driver steal a parking pass and leave other valuables behind?
Op, man up and pay and move to a richer area.
I suggest Laurel Crest off silverbrook.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.