HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DUI Checkpoints
Posted by: stacks ()
Date: April 27, 2007 03:59PM

with the weekend about to start, i thought that this would be the perfect forum to let others know about DUI checkpoints throughout the area. usually my friends and i end up sending out mass text messages that get forwarded around to everyone to warn them. if you pass by or hear of a check point, please post the road, time, and direction of the location.

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to help people get away with driving drunk. DUI checkpoints cause traffic backups so i am posting this so that others can look up alternate routes to get to their destinations on time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DUI Checkpoints
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 28, 2007 12:33PM

stacks Wrote:

> DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to help people
> get away with driving drunk. DUI checkpoints cause
> traffic backups so i am posting this so that
> others can look up alternate routes to get to
> their destinations on time.

And when you sell me the cable descrambler, make sure you tell me it is NOT intended for receiving signals (HBO, Showtime, etc) without paying for them. It is My responsibility to notify the cable system that I have such a devise so they may bill me accordingly.

And my radar detector is solely for the use of protecting my family from the harmful effects of those airwaves and laser apparatuses.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: April 29, 2007 08:18PM

Yeah, cell phones certainly do make roadblocks old school. I remember the days when people use to worry about roadblocks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2007 08:20PM by Lurker..

Posted by: Checkpoint ()
Date: May 06, 2007 09:58PM

I always thought of setting up some kinda of server, where people who had seen or gone through checkpoints could text it in, and it would send out to everyone else. I for one don't believe in checkpoints, there are other ways to stop drunk driving, BETTER Public Transportation!!!

Posted by: stacks ()
Date: May 07, 2007 11:15AM

i've started using Dodgeball (www.dodgeball.com) as a way to send a message to all of my friends about checkpoints. Once they're in your network, you send one text message and it goes out to everyone

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: May 07, 2007 11:45AM

Do you get a lot of junk texting also on dodgeball.com?

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 07, 2007 05:54PM

checkpoints are annoying and unhelpful to the public. it's just saving face for the freedom to blow people away without reprecusion. i personally have found there are certain roads they never stop traffic on so i just use those. i dont drink so it's not like im trying to avoid getting caugt or something, i just have better things to do with my time than listen to some cop harass me about where im going and what ive been doing.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: FFU4LYFE ()
Date: February 08, 2023 08:09PM

Bump

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.