HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What kind of legal gun should I buy for home protection use only if the Democrats were to win ?
Posted by: Concerned citizen. ()
Date: August 01, 2020 12:23PM

I am 91% sure Trump will win the next presidental election but as nothing in life is 100% certain, I need a back up plan in case shit goes really bad and Biden were to win. I need advice on what kind of legal gun I should purchase, for home protection use only. The gun would remain at home exclusively and I would not travel with the gun or carry the gun around out in public. I need something to protect me and my family with the Democrats plan to ban guns and defund the police. Also the Democrat fueled riots are of concern.Although I live in a good neighborhood, I can't discount the fact that racist Democrat thugs could riot, loot and pillage and this could spill over to where I live. The bottom line is we need to feel safe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What kind of legal gun should I buy for home protection use only if the Democrats were to win ?
Posted by: BRM ()
Date: August 01, 2020 12:29PM

Any Black Rifle, since when the Democrats in Virginia ban them next January, they will have to grandfather all the ones currently owned.

But the best gun for home protection is a 12ga pump shotgun. The pump sound will scare the living shit out of any home invader. And if they dumb enough to challenge you after that, all you have to do is point in the general direction and shoot.

Re: What kind of legal gun should I buy for home protection use only if the Democrats were to win ?
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 01, 2020 12:31PM

I would respectfully recommend a Smith & Wesson Governor.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-governor-0

In my opinion, it has all the desirable home defense features:

1) Single / Double Action (you don't have to clear a misfire just pull the trigger again)
2) Multi-Caliber: .410 shot shell (2.75"), 45 Long Colt, 45 ACP (with moon clips); can also shoot 45 Schofield
3) Smith & Wesson quality

You're going to need average sized hands or bigger but outside that the Governor is my personal recommendation.

Note that, here again in my opinion, the .410 "home defense" buckshot loads are over-hyped (rather one would want to go for a specific defense load that is not buckshot.

Other opinions to your question are valid too (do your research).

Posted by: WUPEW ()
Date: August 01, 2020 12:33PM

Shotgun. Period. You buy a fucking handgun you will end up killing someone you don't intend to. The rounds are too powerful and will go through walls. You could end up killing your kid or a neighbor if you miss your "intruder". You have not been trained and your adrenalin will be raging. It's not as easy as you think to shoot someone. With a shotgun you will either hit your target or miss. But the shot will end up lodged in drywall. Nobody is sticking around after you fire a shotgun, so problem solved.

Date: August 01, 2020 12:36PM

You buy a fucking handgun you will end up killing someone you don't intend to.

---------

I feel more safe after reading such an eloquent comment.

Posted by: 6 Pounder Smooth Bore Cannon ()
Date: August 01, 2020 01:04PM

The most powerful weapon of war only designed to be used upon a battlefield that the founders freely allowed the people to keep and bear as privately owned arms if you could afford one in their day. A fact that hateful ignorant Democrats don't want to face as they lie to deprive the citizens of their constitutional rights

A weapon that has never been regulated by the federal government except to punish those who steal such cannon for national parks or battlefields with an extended 30 year statute of limitations on such crimes.

Beats the hell out of a AR 15 at close range and can take out a dozen mobbing leftists as they smash in your front door and enter your home with deadly weapons and torches to kill you and your family then burn your home down only because you supported President Trump, all to prove their "loving communist tolerance" of others different then they are

Posted by: WUPEW ()
Date: August 01, 2020 01:08PM

6 Pounder Smooth Bore Cannon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The most powerful weapon of war only designed to
> be used upon a battlefield that the founders
> freely allowed the people to keep and bear as
> privately owned arms if you could afford one in
> their day. A fact that hateful ignorant Democrats
> don't want to face as they lie to deprive the
> citizens of their constitutional rights
>
> A weapon that has never been regulated by the
> federal government except to punish those who
> steal such cannon for national parks or
> battlefields with an extended 30 year statute of
> limitations on such crimes.
>
> Beats the hell out of a AR 15 at close range and
> can take out a dozen mobbing leftists as they
> smash in your front door and enter your home with
> deadly weapons and torches to kill you and your
> family then burn your home down only because you
> supported President Trump, all to prove their
> "loving communist tolerance" of others different
> then they are

Ya, but it would be like a treadmill. Sounds great when you buy it. But then all you do is hang laundry on it.

Posted by: Jenny M ()
Date: August 01, 2020 01:14PM

Shotgun would be the first choice of an inexperienced shooter for home protection. Would suggest taking the time to learn about firearms safety and go to the range or a large piece of property and learn to shoot.

Posted by: NRA member 2 ()
Date: August 01, 2020 01:40PM

I am a lifelong conservative and I own 11 guns. I would suggest the Taurus Judge but you need to try it out before you buy it and practice shooting at a good firing range every few months.
The thing that I love about guns is that they make me feel safe. Even though I shot myself in the foot one time and accidentally shot and killed killed my dog one other time I still need my guns to feel safe. One of the few bad things about being a conservative and a Trump supporter is that I am afraid of lots of things. The only time I am not afraid is when I am holding or carrying at least one of my guns.

Posted by: mmmmmahhhhdiiii ()
Date: August 01, 2020 01:57PM

Om 91% sure Trump is a non-binary. Eye keep AK-47 with a clip belt by my front door, in case a red neck republican attempts a home invasion, or, heaven forbid, campaigning/fundraising.

Never can have too much protection.

Posted by: sooo.. I have questions ()
Date: August 01, 2020 03:09PM

I'm really on the fence about this, I'm considering becoming a liberal. But there are things I don't understand yet. To get my liberal card am I required to get the lobotomy? Or is it a drug the DNC hands out that has the same effect? And then there's the whole testicle thing, how do you guys shrink yours so far down and how am I going to make babies with such small testicles?

Posted by: kd3mg ()
Date: August 01, 2020 03:29PM

You pussies need to get this through your head. Private ownership of firearms will not be abolished. The purchaser of new firearms will find a modest increase in regulations for acquiring most types of guns and gun parts, with a few types of guns and gun parts banned. You will still be able to keep your guns in your home or business for defense. You will still be able to shoot them on approved ranges, and in more rural areas on your own fields.

What will change is the foolishness about carrying whatever firearm you want wherever you want to go. What will change is the notion that you can shoot first and justify your actions later.

Date: August 01, 2020 04:53PM

6 Pounder Smooth Bore Cannon ()

---

Or for half the load there is a repro smoothbore 3 lbs. Parrot rifle here:

https://www.armslist.com/posts/9035190/reddding-california-misc-for-sale--reproduction-3--parrott-rifle-on-field-carriage-price-drop--

Posted by: Luke. ()
Date: August 01, 2020 06:16PM

7.62x39 will send em to dirt naps.

Posted by: She did ()
Date: August 01, 2020 06:24PM

OP
You need to let those big black fellas that your wife has been fucking to move in with you

That will take care of things

Posted by: Women Always Cum First ()
Date: August 01, 2020 07:25PM

She did Wrote:
> OP
> You need to let those big black fellas that your
> wife has been fucking to move in with you
>
> That will take care of things

Yep, sure will
Attachments:
69787812-D380-4165-AFA6-5FC33B02876E.jpeg

Posted by: English Ford ()
Date: August 01, 2020 09:03PM

kd3mg Wrote:
> You pussies need to get this through your head.
> Private ownership of firearms will not be
> abolished. The purchaser of new firearms will
> find a modest increase in regulations for
> acquiring most types of guns and gun parts, with a
> few types of guns and gun parts banned. You will
> still be able to keep your guns in your home or
> business for defense. You will still be able to
> shoot them on approved ranges, and in more rural
> areas on your own fields.
>
> What will change is the foolishness about carrying
> whatever firearm you want wherever you want to go.
> What will change is the notion that you can shoot
> first and justify your actions later.

Why are you such a coward?

Posted by: Caller of BS ()
Date: August 02, 2020 02:56AM

kd3mg Wrote:

> What will change is the foolishness about carrying whatever firearm you want wherever you want to go.What will change is the notion that you can shoot first and justify your actions later.

And after the Police are defunded just exactly when will the thug Niggers stop this foolishness about carrying whatever firearm they want wherever they want to go? And when will the thug Niggers change the notion that they can shoot first and justify their actions later?

Posted by: betterget a gun! ()
Date: August 02, 2020 05:07AM

Do you know the race of the shooters in Chicago? They ae black Americans shooting other black Americans. Chicago is a warzone.

Think about this. Chicago is more violent than the streets of Iraq. Chicago has more murders in the last 20 years than Baghdad.

We can talk about George Floyd and burn down America as a result. But we can't talk about the 6 year old girls that suffer multiple gun shot wounds. Do you know why we can't talk about that? And you know why CNN is not covering all the children murdered on the streets of Chicago? Because they are black. That is racism at it's finest. Why didnt Obama call out the black community for their murderous actions? Obama and the black community is racist.

In fact, I have worked with Black women and they are the most angry, racist, bitter, and nasty people I have ever met. Everyone in American knows this is true but they don't talk about it. The History channel should be doing documentaries on why Black women have turned into the most racist, angry, disgusting group of people on the face of the earth.

Posted by: Ole Twoniner ()
Date: August 03, 2020 10:33AM

rounds are too powerful? GTFOH. if you use hollow point ammo it's not going thru walls

Posted by: Teller of Facts ()
Date: August 03, 2020 10:37AM

betterget a gun! Wrote:
> Do you know the race of the shooters in Chicago?
> They ae black Americans shooting other black
> Americans. Chicago is a warzone.
>
> Think about this. Chicago is more violent than the
> streets of Iraq. Chicago has more murders in the
> last 20 years than Baghdad.
>

Yeah, but it is just Democrats killing each other. It is a Win-Win.

Posted by: tf3sp ()
Date: August 03, 2020 10:48AM

Ole Twoniner Wrote:
> rounds are too powerful? GTFOH. if you use
> hollow point ammo it's not going thru walls

Really? I can, and have, put my fist through drywall. You are honestly stating that a hollow point round will not go through an interior wall in a home?

Posted by: SumMo ()
Date: August 03, 2020 10:59AM

Since we are in an urban area, carry what the cops in urban areas carry to keep safe from the bad guys in those areas. Most carry a 9mm or .40 S&W caliber handgun with a 15 to 19 round magazine and 2 or 3 spare magazines. The patrol car will have a 12 gauge pump action shotgun with at least 5 round capacity or a fully auto AR15 style rifle with several 20 or 30 round magazines. If that's what a cop feels is needed, it's a good starting place for you.

Start with the shotgun. If it's your first gun, be sure you take a course in gun safety.

Posted by: Why Do Democrats ?? ()
Date: August 03, 2020 12:47PM

Let cops have military weapons and piss their pant's when citizens have semi auto copies ? OH yes its that Police State mentality at work inside their heads

BLM huh LOLOLOLZZZ at the hypocritical farce of the liberal Democrat panderers

Posted by: 6ptge ()
Date: August 03, 2020 12:47PM

tf3sp Wrote:
> Really? I can, and have, put my fist through
> drywall. You are honestly stating that a hollow
> point round will not go through an interior wall
> in a home?

A hollow point round can and will go through drywall. When it does though the drywall will mess up its trajectory. A hollow point bullet that has passed through drywall could still cause a fatal injury, but is less likely to do so.

@SumMo-I have a 9mm and a .45cal. If I was relying on it for home defense I would take my M1911 .45 cal any day. Greater stopping power. Magazine size only matters in a shootout. Its unlikely you will get off more than 2 shots at a single individual charging you. If you are dealing wit a crowd then the shotgun, not the automatic, should be your weapon of choice.

Posted by: Yep ()
Date: August 03, 2020 12:53PM

6ptge Wrote:
>
>
> A hollow point round can and will go through
> drywall. When it does though the drywall will
> mess up its trajectory. A hollow point bullet
> that has passed through drywall could still cause
> a fatal injury, but is less likely to do so.
>

That is my point. An altered trajectory can cause you to kill your kid instead of the intruder.

Date: August 03, 2020 12:55PM

> Really? I can, and have, put my fist through
> drywall. You are honestly stating that a hollow
> point round will not go through an interior wall
> in a home?

If that really bothers you then switch to a Glaser Safety Slug. These are designed to transfer ALL of the kinetic energy to the initial impact point.

Will not go through dry wall (though will tear huge chunks of it out) and does serious, if not fatal, tissue damage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaser_Safety_Slug

Glaser Safety Slugs can end all the worries of a home intruder...

Posted by: THK ()
Date: August 03, 2020 12:57PM

Big Al Wrote:
> > Really? I can, and have, put my fist through
> > drywall. You are honestly stating that a hollow
> > point round will not go through an interior
> wall
> > in a home?
>
> If that really bothers you then switch to a Glaser
> Safety Slug. These are designed to transfer ALL of
> the kinetic energy to the initial impact point.
>
> Will not go through dry wall (though will tear
> huge chunks of it out) and does serious, if not
> fatal, tissue damage.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaser_Safety_Slug
>
> Glaser Safety Slugs can end all the worries of a
> home intruder...

Doesn't bother me Big Al. I was responding to the OP. Just making sure he, as a novice gun owner, not make a HUGE mistake.

Posted by: 6ptge ()
Date: August 03, 2020 01:32PM

Yep Wrote:
>
> That is my point. An altered trajectory can cause
> you to kill your kid instead of the intruder.

What that tells me is that you shouldn't have taken the shot at the intruder.

The first thing to remember is that in a home intruder situation the first shot you take will likely be the one that matters. It isn't range shooting. If you miss with the first shot and don't reacquire the target your second shot will be wide. If you do take the time to reacquire your target will also have time to react. That may mean he's shooting at you or it may mean he's running away or diving for cover.

When you fire a shot that passes through anything denser than air it will slow the shot down significantly. When most bullets pass through a solid object they start to wobble or even tumble. What that means is that when it hits the next target it will have far less penetrating power. So when I was saying it altered the trajectory I wasn't simply meaning the path changed. I meant the physical characteristics of how the bullet was travelling changed.

Posted by: Informative and well written ()
Date: August 03, 2020 01:36PM

6ptge Wrote:
> Yep Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > That is my point. An altered trajectory can
> cause
> > you to kill your kid instead of the intruder.
>
> What that tells me is that you shouldn't have
> taken the shot at the intruder.
>
> The first thing to remember is that in a home
> intruder situation the first shot you take will
> likely be the one that matters. It isn't range
> shooting. If you miss with the first shot and
> don't reacquire the target your second shot will
> be wide. If you do take the time to reacquire
> your target will also have time to react. That
> may mean he's shooting at you or it may mean he's
> running away or diving for cover.
>
> When you fire a shot that passes through anything
> denser than air it will slow the shot down
> significantly. When most bullets pass through a
> solid object they start to wobble or even tumble.
> What that means is that when it hits the next
> target it will have far less penetrating power.
> So when I was saying it altered the trajectory I
> wasn't simply meaning the path changed. I meant
> the physical characteristics of how the bullet was
> travelling changed.

Great Post!

+ 1

Posted by: dwtgd ()
Date: August 03, 2020 01:52PM

6ptge Wrote:
>
>
> What that tells me is that you shouldn't have
> taken the shot at the intruder.
>

What that tells me is that we can go full circle and say that people who "shouldn't have taken the shot" probably should not have access to a firearm. Right? The military trained me to use my weapon, and use it well. Does the local sporting goods store do that for the average homeowner who wants something for protection. Nope.

Posted by: Uncle Ralph ()
Date: August 03, 2020 01:59PM

One that can be counted on to go 'bang' every time you pull the trigger.

Posted by: this is a safe bet ()
Date: August 03, 2020 02:04PM

Uncle Ralph Wrote:
> One that can be counted on to go 'bang' every time
> you pull the trigger.

giphy.gif

Posted by: MoSum ()
Date: August 03, 2020 02:12PM

If you are discussing firearms on this forum, you shouldn’t own or even be in close proximity of one.
Taking advice from idiots such as SumMo or any other “forum experts“, you might as well inject household cleaner and check out before you kill yourself or other innocents.

Posted by: Yep ()
Date: August 03, 2020 02:20PM

MoSum Wrote:
> If you are discussing firearms on this forum, you
> shouldn’t own or even be in close proximity of
> one.
> Taking advice from idiots such as SumMo or any
> other “forum experts“, you might as well
> inject household cleaner and check out before you
> kill yourself or other innocents.

Exactly the point I have been trying to make.

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: August 03, 2020 02:43PM

Concerned citizen. Wrote:
> I am 91% sure Trump will win the next presidental
> election but as nothing in life is 100% certain,
> I need a back up plan in case shit goes really bad
> and Biden were to win. I need advice on what kind
> of legal gun I should purchase, for home
> protection use only. The gun would remain at home
> exclusively and I would not travel with the gun
> or carry the gun around out in public. I need
> something to protect me and my family with the
> Democrats plan to ban guns and defund the police.
> Also the Democrat fueled riots are of
> concern.Although I live in a good neighborhood, I
> can't discount the fact that racist Democrat thugs
> could riot, loot and pillage and this could spill
> over to where I live. The bottom line is we need
> to feel safe.

Buy an illegal one that has not been registered. If the Democrats take over, the first place they will visit will be all the area gun stores to confiscate the names and address of those that bought there. These will be the first guns to be confiscated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2020 02:44PM by LetsRock.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.