HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Good Guys Win- FCPS Virtual Only For the Fall
Posted by: Teacher Bro ()
Date: July 21, 2020 06:52PM

Bros,

The good guys win. We are only doing virtual learning in the fall. Thank you to the FCPS schoolboard, Brabrand, and most importantly the teachers. We came together and we made the best decision for the health and safety of everyone involved. This is also a blessing for parents who get to spend more quality time their children. It's one of those rare times where everyone wins. Good always wins in the end.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Good Guys Win- FCPS Virtual Only For the Fall
Posted by: Fuck you asshole ()
Date: July 21, 2020 07:21PM

I saw Good Guys and I thought there would be crotch shots for a dollar.

Posted by: mmmmmahhhhhdiiii ()
Date: July 21, 2020 07:27PM

"good guys" don't rob childen of their childhood

Posted by: Been a long time ()
Date: July 21, 2020 07:47PM

Fuck you asshole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw Good Guys and I thought there would be
> crotch shots for a dollar.

A dollar? It was a dollar 30 years ago. Those chicks need a raise. I bet the beers aren't $6 anymore?

Posted by: Knower of things ()
Date: July 21, 2020 09:40PM

Teacher Bro Wrote:
> Bros,
>
> The good guys win. We are only doing virtual
> learning in the fall. Thank you to the FCPS
> schoolboard, Brabrand, and most importantly the
> teachers. We came together and we made the best
> decision for the health and safety of everyone
> involved. This is also a blessing for parents who
> get to spend more quality time their children.
> It's one of those rare times where everyone wins.
> Good always wins in the end.

I agree with the part about "Good always wins in the end". It has not happened yet but good may soon triumph. Firing some teachers asses, pay cuts, lay off's. If teachers don't care about their students education then parents will find someone who does. Distance learning is a joke, especially for younger children.

Posted by: Shut her down ()
Date: July 21, 2020 09:46PM

Close FCPS. Less taxes for citizens and all our kids can take Khan Academy online and learn as much, and possibly more, than distance learning from disinterested teachers.

Posted by: Mr Brabrand ()
Date: July 21, 2020 09:47PM

God Bless my teachers and hopefully every nigger and wetback will starve to death this school year. Biden 2020!!!

Posted by: Thrown down the back stairs ()
Date: July 21, 2020 10:13PM

Been a long time Wrote:
> Fuck you asshole Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I saw Good Guys and I thought there would be
> > crotch shots for a dollar.
>
>
> A dollar? It was a dollar 30 years ago. Those
> chicks need a raise. I bet the beers aren't $6
> anymore?

Still the best bargain in DC after all these years. The beer prices have risen but not as fast as inflation.

Posted by: Home School!!!!! ()
Date: July 21, 2020 10:16PM

Teachers are lazy, worthless pieces of shit. Get your fat asses back to work.

Posted by: Defund the unions ()
Date: July 21, 2020 10:32PM

The only winners are the teachers who are lazy buns who don't want to work.

Parents and kids lose big time, as they have to suffer through the failed online teaching.

Kids who have poor internet, who need in person food provision, whose parents have to work, but now need to stay home and earn no money, kids who are being left behind in education now with this inferior online learning, are the losers.

I guess FCPS leadership is not about helping our county of immigrants, poor families, and catapulting those who thrive, are now left behind due to the partisan, must follow the party, mentality.

Posted by: The Liberal Stain ()
Date: July 21, 2020 10:41PM

That liberals leave on this country with their failures due to simply not being strong enough to face the perils of life , the future and mans destiny

The strong survive the weak perish from the earth. The American liberals legacy on earth SHALL FOREVER BE ... The weakest MOST GUTLESS people ever to live upon this planet

Posted by: Teacher Bro ()
Date: July 21, 2020 11:19PM

Defund the unions Wrote:
> The only winners are the teachers who are lazy
> buns who don't want to work.
>
> Parents and kids lose big time, as they have to
> suffer through the failed online teaching.
>
> Kids who have poor internet, who need in person
> food provision, whose parents have to work, but
> now need to stay home and earn no money, kids who
> are being left behind in education now with this
> inferior online learning, are the losers.
>
> I guess FCPS leadership is not about helping our
> county of immigrants, poor families, and
> catapulting those who thrive, are now left behind
> due to the partisan, must follow the party,
> mentality.

Bruh,

FCPS already provides free internet and food pickup for poor residents. Like I said, the Teachers are the good guys. Teachers are the ones who volunteer to hand out and deliver the meals.

This is a good time to spend with your kids and teach the lesson of resilience. You want to teach your kids to push through hardship and do things they don't want to, because it's better for them over time. That might be the best lesson online learning teaches. I think with a strong parent-Teacher partnership distance learning can work really well. Most of the parents we work with are decent people, unlike the filth posting here.

When Covid cases spike, you'll be thanking your betters for deciding to keep everyone safe at home. We're all making sacrifices. Teachers didn't even get a raise.

Posted by: Good Guys Don't Hide out ()
Date: July 21, 2020 11:39PM

Like JOE when the going gets tough, Good guys and gals work in hospital's medical offices dental offices optical places at McD's in gas stations on construction jobs in offices and factories as police and fire and rescue or EMTs , doing maintenance providing skilled trades mowing lawns driving buses and taxis providing the people goods and needed services to the people, they are all out there working while pampered government hacks and teachers hide out with BS excuses that are far too chickenshit to face the realities of the world while getting paid while so many others suffer without

I don't ever want to hear another god dammed word about some whining asshole teachers troubles dealing with mere children in schools and how they need another raise , Im far from alone !

JOE the Poster Boy of Hiding Out
Attachments:
JoeHiden.jpg

Posted by: With All Said ()
Date: July 21, 2020 11:48PM

Its the school Gatehouse staff and the Democrat controlled government that is creating this third world education disaster, many teachers want to go back to class and are worth ever dime they make , my bad to put blame on them but their ranks are filled with hacks that take away from the good

Posted by: kkdkdkdk ()
Date: July 22, 2020 05:44AM

These school board members and Brabrand have destroy FCPS schools singlehandedly. No leadership. Their standard of "SAFE" schools would mean that schools never go back in person. On the bright side, they have less time to indoctrinate.

Posted by: Bush Hoggin ()
Date: July 22, 2020 06:16AM

Been a long time Wrote:
> Fuck you asshole Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I saw Good Guys and I thought there would be
> > crotch shots for a dollar.
>
>
> A dollar? It was a dollar 30 years ago. Those
> chicks need a raise. I bet the beers aren't $6
> anymore?

and the price of razors have gone up !
Attachments:
HTB1FuQ5nyCYBuNkHFCcq6AHtVXaW.jpg

Posted by: .AARPer. ()
Date: July 22, 2020 06:36AM

mmmmmahhhhhdiiii Wrote:
> "good guys" don't rob childen of their childhood

100% correct! Trumptards do.

Posted by: Sp Ed teachersss ()
Date: July 22, 2020 06:41AM

Special Ed teachers give the best head!

Posted by: David Lee Roth ()
Date: July 22, 2020 07:17AM

Sp Ed teachersss Wrote:
> Special Ed teachers give the best head!

Pretty sure that Good Guys girls have that covered. Although there sure are a few teachers I'd like to see up there.

Posted by: they take our money, but hate us ()
Date: July 22, 2020 08:38AM

And yet, all the commies on the school board will easily win reelection in a couple of years. Fairfax is long lost. All good patriots should get out now.

Posted by: OhShutUp! ()
Date: July 22, 2020 05:45PM

TeacherBro - you can't have it both ways. You advocate teaching resilience, but you aren't willing exemplify resilience by returning to the classroom.

You also say most parents are good, but trashed most of them in earlier posts. And you chastised parents if they didn't take time to participate in the BLM protests, according to you one of the most historic events of recent times.

So did you participate in those protests? Think carefully before you answer. If no, then you are a hypocrite. If yes, then you didn't have any issue being around hundreds or thousands of other protestors that could expose you to the coronavirus, but you fear getting it if you have to return to work.

And let's not forget the complaining about lack of a salary increase. Given that you are doing less work teaching remotely than in person, maybe you should take a pay cut?

Posted by: pkwhf ()
Date: July 22, 2020 06:36PM

So FCPS and teachers now support home schooling?

Posted by: Yhgf ()
Date: July 22, 2020 10:06PM

pkwhf Wrote:
> So FCPS and teachers now support home schooling?

+1

Posted by: Marizza ()
Date: November 22, 2020 04:29PM

Yes, I agree that good overcomes evil. I learned about this in literature classes. As for this game, I love it. I wonder if you use cheats when you play? As for me, I want to admit that sometimes I use cheats because if I lose all the time, I get nervous. Little tricks make me feel better. I am very interested in having an advantage over other players and I want to come out on top to survive until the end. If you are interested, you can find out more information on https://wallhax.com/hacks/fall-guys/. Now I can speed to the finish first with the adjustable Speedhack, which gives me the movement advantage in every round.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2020 10:16AM by Marizza.

Posted by: M6T7K ()
Date: November 23, 2020 06:48PM

Posted by: KPEL3 ()
Date: November 24, 2020 05:55PM

Posted by: StewartMorrisonv ()
Date: November 25, 2020 10:19AM

Marizza Wrote:
> Yes, I agree that good overcomes evil. I learned
> about this in literature classes. As for this
> game, I love it. I wonder if you use cheats when
> you play? As for me, I want to admit that
> sometimes I use cheats because if I lose all the
> time, I get nervous. Little tricks make me feel
> better. I am very interested in having an
> advantage over other players and I want to come
> out on top to survive until the end. If you are
> interested, you can find out more information on
> https://wallhax.com/hacks/fall-guys/. Now I can
> speed to the finish first with the adjustable
> Speedhack, which gives me the movement advantage
> in every round.

I don't use cheats, but maybe someday I will take advantage of your offer, thank you.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: November 25, 2020 01:11PM

I would like to thank the Washington Post for publicly confirming what I have been saying for some time. FCPS's virtual learning is a failing effort for which Fairfax County taxpayers are paying far too much for the low quality of education that most Fairfax students are getting.

The blame for this does not lie with individual teachers, many of whom have been working their asses off to make the FCPS virtual learning program work for their students. Rather I blame the Teachers' Union, Teachers collectively and the FCPS professional administration for pursuing the wrong agenda, and I blame most of Fairfax County's elected leaders for letting them get away with it.

FCPS has tried to argue that the pandemic confronted FCPS with insurmountable operational challenges. The truth is that the pandemic has revealed FCPS at the administrative level to be a fundamentally flawed institution. What should have been FCPS's finest hour has turned out to be its worst.

Posted by: FCPS Downfall ()
Date: November 25, 2020 01:46PM

When staff and students were allowed to choose what they wanted in the summer FCPS set themselves up for failure. Trying to run a virtual school district and an in-person school district at the same time with an incredibly small turnaround time is impossible. A lot of the delay to bring students back has been disguised as safety concerns, but it is really an attempt to cover up the fact that they can't do what they promised.
The teachers and teachers union have no bargaining power in this argument. Everything they are allowed to do has stemmed from the school board and the superintendent giving them permission to do so. Taking leave of absence, or claiming disability has been enabled by the leaders. It's hard to blame teachers for trying to do what's best for them. That's why we elect school board members, so they can make the tough decisions and be answerable to the public. The teachers unions job is to protect the teachers. On top of that most of the teachers and Fairfax county are not a part of any union.

Posted by: YTCPH ()
Date: November 25, 2020 02:43PM

Date: November 25, 2020 02:46PM

It was not impossible to set up a dual track education program for 2020-21 that would provide a quality education for most virtual learners as well as for in classroom students. It was only impossible for FCPS to do it. The reasons for this are too many for me to cover in a brief post, so I will instead limit myself to your other claim.

Teachers collectively and the Teacher's Union possess limited legal power. They are however one of the two most powerful interests groups when it comes to shaping FCPS policies. As you say their job is to protect teachers, More specifically it is to protect teachers interests. With teachers coming out hard against being forced to return to classes the machinery kicked into gear to push FCPS administration to minimize or avoid in classroom education while simultaneously structuring the education programs offered so that they would still use the full teacher resources available to the County before the pandemic.

I don't fault individual teachers many of whom as I said have been working their asses off. Trying to exempt teachers collectively and the teacher's union for their role in shaping the FCPS virtual learning failure based on the argument that the school board had final say is being dishonest.

Date: November 25, 2020 03:19PM

I'm not saying they don't deserve some blame. I'm saying "What did we expect them to do?". They did what any group would do which was protect their own. The school board has the power to resist the unions power but did not do so. Also, I'm not sure of the percentage of teachers in the unions, but I'd imagine it's less than 50%.
I also think you are underestimating the difficulty on setting up in person and online school at the HS level. With electives and leveled classes (IB, AP, Special Ed, etc) there are tons of logistics that each school would need to figure out and coordinate. Remember the school board promised a student could take anything offered online and in person. There simply isn't the staff to make that possible in each HS. For example how.many IB chemistry teachers do you think a HS has? Most likely one teacher teaches one or two classes. Hard to serve both online and in-person that way. The "concurrent" model takes a ton of equipment and training which is why it's struggling to get off the ground. Elementary would be much easier.

Date: November 25, 2020 04:13PM

It isn't what I expected them to do. It is more what I hoped they would do. When you have an institution which is charged with the task of providing a quality education to as many students as conditions permit, I would hope the competing interest groups would factor that mission in to how they do their job. It is naive I admit.

I am not in any way underestimating the difficulty in setting up online instruction. I just don't come at it from the same direction as you do. You ask how many IB chem teachers a high school has. WRONG QUESTION. The proper question would be "How many IB chem teachers does a quality online county wide education program need?" If you are committing to providing an online education program there is no reason to limit it by school. Justice, Annandale, Lee and Robinson online students could all be taught together in the same classes.

Which then brings me to the next point that I disagree with you on. In a pandemic environment should we be offering the same extensive course offerings that we have traditionally offered? If so should they be offered in both the in classroom and online environments? Once you break up individual school bodies into online and in person groups there may no longer be enough students in the classrooms to justify schools offering certain classes. On the other hand using a county wide online education system would mean kids who attend schools that don't traditionally offer certain classes could sign up for them. It would also open up the possibility of kids in IB high schools signing up for AP classes. Meanwhile programs like Home Ec, Auto Shop and Cosmetology would only be available to classroom students.

Date: November 25, 2020 05:37PM

100% agree with you, but Brabrand and the School Board from the get go promised the public that the kids would have teachers from their original buildings and have the option to return at semester with full course options. That's when this "plan" went off the rails.
The plan you suggested would have worked, but it would have required teachers and students to move schools which didn't seem to be popular with the decision makers. They should have spent all spring getting that ready instead of worrying about defending what they were putting out educationally in May and June. Again, I'm of the opinion that those actions are a failure of leadership.

Date: November 25, 2020 05:41PM

All I'm saying is that the leaders promised something that wasn't possible. Then they spent the next 4 months trying to figure out how they can come up with something close to what they promised. It's made the whole situation much more difficult than it needed to be. If they would have gone with your plan in May we would be in a much better situation today and in the future. Instead they chose to pursue something that sounded great but wasn't physically possible. They should know better.

Date: November 25, 2020 07:32PM

This was interesting FCPS-D and I'd like to continue it again another time. While we disagree with the details I think both you and I do agree that the failing of the current FCPS online education program was the result of deliberate decisions made by FCPS rather than an unavoidable consequence of the circumstances. Happy Thanksgiving.

Posted by: 7HTWP ()
Date: November 25, 2020 07:45PM

Posted by: VFCCW ()
Date: November 27, 2020 01:48AM

Posted by: fukubish ()
Date: November 27, 2020 04:41PM

Evil wins in the end. Evil has the money, the time, and the commitment to think up sick and crazy ways to fuck innocent people over. The people who are evil at FCPS get to sit home on their fat asses and do nothing while parents scramble around trying to teach their kids. It's a fucking joke. FCPS bastards will milk this shit as long as they can!!!!

Posted by: KF7CU ()
Date: November 30, 2020 10:32AM

Posted by: N6X9T ()
Date: November 30, 2020 09:48PM

Posted by: BXP6D ()
Date: December 05, 2020 08:20AM

Posted by: MELHB ()
Date: December 05, 2020 09:31PM

Posted by: FKJJG ()
Date: December 06, 2020 02:22PM

Posted by: DJYVN ()
Date: December 06, 2020 06:01PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.