HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Can the jackasses who brag about not wearing masks explain to me “quality of evidence” and what a “meta-analysis” is?
Posted by: Sheldon. ()
Date: July 11, 2020 06:46PM

I’m curious what your understanding of the scientific method is. Like, what do you need as “proof?” Or are you just stupid and none of it matters?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can the jackasses who brag about not wearing masks explain to me “quality of evidence” and what a “meta-analysis” is?
Posted by: Supa spreada ()
Date: July 11, 2020 07:30PM

I sought out the virus early on and infected myself intentionally. No, I'm not one of those "natural immunity" kooks.. I just enjoy infecting people. I lick my palms before touching doors, I sneeze and cough everywhere without covering, I spit on the sink handles in restrooms and wipe snot on random items in the store. Only the strong should survive! Bite me bitches.

Re: Can the jackasses who brag about not wearing masks explain to me “quality of evidence” and what a “meta-analysis” is?
Posted by: Cjxjaj ()
Date: July 11, 2020 08:52PM

Supa spreada Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I sought out the virus early on and infected
> myself intentionally. No, I'm not one of those
> "natural immunity" kooks.. I just enjoy infecting
> people. I lick my palms before touching doors, I
> sneeze and cough everywhere without covering, I
> spit on the sink handles in restrooms and wipe
> snot on random items in the store. Only the strong
> should survive! Bite me bitches.

Wow! You are soooo cool. I bet the chicks line up out your door.

Posted by: Loogey ()
Date: July 11, 2020 08:56PM

Cjxjaj Wrote:
> Supa spreada Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I sought out the virus early on and infected
> > myself intentionally. No, I'm not one of those
> > "natural immunity" kooks.. I just enjoy
> infecting
> > people. I lick my palms before touching doors,
> I
> > sneeze and cough everywhere without covering, I
> > spit on the sink handles in restrooms and wipe
> > snot on random items in the store. Only the
> strong
> > should survive! Bite me bitches.
>
> Wow! You are soooo cool. I bet the chicks line up
> out your door.

Thanks but my objective is to put the line out the morgue door! No rest for the wicked im afraid

Posted by: Post script ()
Date: July 11, 2020 08:59PM

I've been doing this every flu season since 1973. You might not get chicks with your finger shoved up your nose but you also don't get the flu! I also eat dirt imported from a different country each month with the "pica sampler crate" from wish!

Posted by: Bill N with answers ()
Date: July 11, 2020 10:08PM

OP is a libtard with no actual interest in facts or becoming educated. It's been explained over and over but libtards get all their information from Ralph Madcow. Science is only valid in your minds if it fits your fucked up narrative, otherwise you ignore it and throw tantrums.

Posted by: Jackass who brags ()
Date: July 11, 2020 11:11PM

This virus seems legitimately dangerous for old and sick (obese) people. As I am young and healthy I have zero interest in hiding in my house for three years with my kid. I’d rather go about life, get infected, get over it and move on in life. In the 1 in 100,000 chance it kills me, oh well, I had a good run. I routinely drive cars, cross the street and go to sleep at night even though there’s a minute chance I die doing those activities.

While old people hide in place it would be great if me and everyone like me got sick and got over it. That way we would have a ton more people not able to spread it later in the year, opening the possibility that geriatrics will be able to finally leave their homes in the not so distant future.

Remember a few months ago when everyone circulated that graph of flattening the curve so hospitals don’t get over run? When did the purpose of the shut down change from close things enough to slow the spread to a manageable rate, to the current goal of slow the spread and drag it out for as long as humanly possible?

I was on board for a month there until I saw the goal and rationale keep changing and noticed this is more about people wanting to milk this getting paid for never leaving the house forever.

Posted by: Frank Fucker ()
Date: July 12, 2020 07:39AM

Teachers are milking the shit out of this. They act like they are the only people that are being forced to go out in public and they will all die if they have to do their jobs. Suddenly those whiny libtards don't give a fuck about the poor kids that are being forced to stay home with "food insecurity", because that story doesn't support them right now. Or the poor people working at retail and restaurants - libtards say fuck them too.

Libtard leadership has figured out that milking this into November is the last shot at terminating Bad Orange Man. Shutting down schools forces parents to stay home and kills the economy. Constantly bragging about more cases and shifting stats to make it look like we are all going to die any moment is an effort to shut more businesses. We always said the libtards would burn down the entire country just to get rid of Trump. Between Covid and the nog coddling and getting rid of cops, they are actually working hard to make it happen right now.

The quiet majority of the country sees this for what it really is.

Posted by: mmmmmahhhhdiiii ()
Date: July 12, 2020 12:56PM

if you are under 40 and you are a dude and you are wearing a mask outdoors you are gay...congrats

the masks don't do shit...all this is the revenge of the nerds...eye couldn't get pussy in high school so now om gonna force you to wear a mask

Posted by: You do ()
Date: July 12, 2020 01:58PM

mmmmmahhhhdiiii Wrote:
> if you are under 40 and you are a dude and you are
> wearing a mask outdoors you are gay...congrats
>
> the masks don't do shit...all this is the revenge
> of the nerds...eye couldn't get pussy in high
> school so now om gonna force you to wear a mask

What the F are you trying to say?
Is this some gay code

Posted by: mmmmahhhhdiiii ()
Date: July 12, 2020 02:00PM

eye want every man who fits this description to read this and feel ashamed about being a fucking faggot

its hillarious cee-ing health men under 40 rocking a mask outdoors like a fucking pussy

and also...shout out to all the bum bitches jogging with a mask on....you look SHHHHTUPID

Posted by: Diner 39 ()
Date: July 12, 2020 02:02PM

I wore a mask to Arthur Treacher's today. I only took it off to enjoy the fresh, hot fish and chips and icy cold Fanta.

Posted by: Science Again ()
Date: July 12, 2020 04:37PM

Probably too intense for the OP to understand, footnotes and all :

https://covidinfos.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/MasksDon-twork-4.pdf

Posted by: Bullshit. ()
Date: July 12, 2020 06:29PM

Science Again Wrote:
> Probably too intense for the OP to understand,
> footnotes and all :
>
> https://covidinfos.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/
> MasksDon-twork-4.pdf

That article is suck bullshit that Reddit had references to it cited as false information....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/gtset8/masks_dont_work_a_review_of_science_relevant_to/

Posted by: Simple Q ()
Date: July 12, 2020 08:15PM

If masks work, why are we still told to social distance at 6 feet? We should be able to get much closer with a similar amount of safety wearing a mask, no?

Posted by: Ummmmmm. ()
Date: July 12, 2020 08:50PM

Simple Q Wrote:
> If masks work, why are we still told to social
> distance at 6 feet? We should be able to get much
> closer with a similar amount of safety wearing a
> mask, no?

Terrible logic. Like if seatbelts work, then you should be able to crash into a building head on at 100 mph so long as you are wearing a seatbelt.

Why are you people so stupid?

Posted by: Mmmmmahhhhdiiiii ()
Date: July 12, 2020 08:56PM

Eye think I am a stupid fucking idiot. Eye have been diagnosed with schizophrenia but eye refuse treatment.

Eye have a fucking pussy which is my asshole and eye let big black men fuck my pussy all the time. Eye am so confused.

Posted by: some facts ()
Date: July 12, 2020 08:59PM

Simple Q Wrote:
> If masks work, why are we still told to social
> distance at 6 feet? We should be able to get much
> closer with a similar amount of safety wearing a
> mask, no?

Masks don't work. The CDC has said so for the last three years.

And ask yourself this...if you can literally make it out of ANYTHING, how good is it?

All those thousands that are getting it today...are NONE of them wearing masks?

It's just sad that so many (mostly democrats) have been sold that this little tantrum will make Orange Man Bad go away.

Posted by: I got it! ()
Date: July 12, 2020 09:35PM

I'm so glad that masks work. I wear one layer of broad weave cheesecloth bandana-style. All the "masks work" people should stand next to me when I cough,

BTW, there are no standards for the Northam-mandated "cloth face coverings". All he required was cloth over the mouth and nose. He did not specify material (other than "cloth"), so cheesecloth is OK. He did not specify a maximum leakage, so bandana style is just fine.

Although many on here say a mask "works", they don't define "work". Therefore, a broad weave cheesecloth bandana-style should be perfectly OK with them.

Total idiots. They think 100% leakage "works"!

Posted by: Wait a minute ()
Date: July 12, 2020 09:48PM

No one will know if surgical masks work outside of a health care setting until this clinical trial result is published --> https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04337541?term=face+mask&cond=SARS-CoV2&draw=2&rank=1

Until then, we have people saying they don't work with thirty years of research behind them, and people that say they do with a few recent tests. And both sides scream at each other.

Science has to mature. The clinical trial is essential for that maturation.

Posted by: mmmmahhhhdiiii ()
Date: July 12, 2020 10:21PM

all the suffering caused by you covid 19 zombie maskaphiles

people who have hard enough jobs as it is, now have to breath stale air at work because of you punk azz maskers

Posted by: Cuck masks ()
Date: July 12, 2020 10:25PM

Go ahead, inhale your own CO2.

Dumbfuck.

Posted by: Djsbjsk ()
Date: July 13, 2020 08:12PM

Wait a minute Wrote:
> No one will know if surgical masks work outside of
> a health care setting until this clinical trial
> result is published -->
> https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04337541?te
> rm=face+mask&cond=SARS-CoV2&draw=2&rank=1
>
> Until then, we have people saying they don't work
> with thirty years of research behind them, and
> people that say they do with a few recent tests.
> And both sides scream at each other.
>
> Science has to mature. The clinical trial is
> essential for that maturation.

You are far too intelligent to be on this forum. Please start using Reddit or something.

And yeah, I’m with you. I actually write healthcare policy for the military. I’ve been primary writer in a few clinical practice guidelines. People don’t understand what actually goes into developing a “clinical practice recommendation” and that’s not even as strong as a guideline or policy. It takes years before someone is going to put their reputation on the line for any strong practice. In the meantime all we have is expert opinion and the experts say wear a mask. Then the dolts will say that someone on an opinion “technical report” said “there is no evidence that...” Technically, in the scientific method, there is no evidence that using a parachute helps sky divers because there’s never been an RCT providing supporting data.

There is no evidence that if I stick my hand in MY garbage disposal and turn it on that there will be any injury to me in that particular situation. But guess what, not gonna try to prove it one way or another.

There’s no helping stupid.

Posted by: dumfrieskid ()
Date: July 13, 2020 08:16PM

Sheldon. Wrote:
> I’m curious what your understanding of the
> scientific method is. Like, what do you need as
> “proof?” Or are you just stupid and none of it
> matters?

Your knowledge of science is very juvenile. Science has never proven anything. Proof is a mathematical process. The BEST science can do is predict the possibility of an event's outcome. It can not prove anything and never will.

Posted by: Dhsbjs ()
Date: July 13, 2020 09:11PM

dumfrieskid Wrote:
> Sheldon. Wrote:
> -----
> > I’m curious what your understanding of the
> > scientific method is. Like, what do you need as
> > “proof?” Or are you just stupid and none of
> it
> > matters?
>
> Your knowledge of science is very juvenile.
> Science has never proven anything. Proof is a
> mathematical process. The BEST science can do is
> predict the possibility of an event's outcome. It
> can not prove anything and never will.

Please see the previous post. No one disagrees with you but certainly you are missing some basic concepts. Try sky diving and you might get some quick convincing.

Ironic too that people who don’t believe in science do believe is fairy tales written in a 2000 year old book. Are you one of those?

Posted by: Djshbs ()
Date: July 13, 2020 09:14PM

dumfrieskid Wrote:
> Sheldon. Wrote:
> -----
> > I’m curious what your understanding of the
> > scientific method is. Like, what do you need as
> > “proof?” Or are you just stupid and none of
> it
> > matters?
>
> Your knowledge of science is very juvenile.
> Science has never proven anything. Proof is a
> mathematical process. The BEST science can do is
> predict the possibility of an event's outcome. It
> can not prove anything and never will.

And yeah, that’s what science does but would you argue with a conclusion that supports the hypothesis at p<.000001?

Posted by: That answers that ()
Date: July 14, 2020 10:32AM

OP, I think this thread provided all the answers you needed and more.

Posted by: but you should try it sometime ()
Date: July 14, 2020 10:37AM

That answers that Wrote:
> OP, I think

No you don't.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.