HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Country Clubs
Posted by: Golfer ()
Date: April 27, 2010 08:19AM

Does anyone know what Fairfax area country clubs charge for membership? What's the difference between them?

Fairfax C.C.
Springfield C.C.
Mount Vernon, C.C
International C.C.
others?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Country Clubs
Posted by: 496 ()
Date: April 27, 2010 09:13AM

Have you considered Bushwood? Be sure to get a membership before it is turned into Condos.

Posted by: Mike Kenlon ()
Date: April 27, 2010 01:45PM

Springfield CC is really nice, but ridiculously over priced. If you want to be able to play a nice course at a fair price, look at Chantilly National, it does the job for me.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 27, 2010 01:48PM

I hear that Bushwood CC is nice. The pool was recently cleaned and the course was re-landscaped after rooting out a rodent infestation. Very dedicated head groundskeeper.

Posted by: Mr Nelson ()
Date: April 27, 2010 01:51PM

if you like to cherf mad jacks and drink cheap beer Chantilly National is the right place for you.

Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: April 27, 2010 02:39PM

Chantilly National is where all the Rednecks belong. It's very affordable.

Posted by: wtfno ()
Date: April 27, 2010 05:32PM

Westwood Country Club in Vienna costs $70,000 for full initiation; $12,500 for social. There's also a food/beverage minimum, but I'm not sure what that dollar figure is.

I'd be interested if anyone had dollar figures for Fairfax Country Club. They have a handful of different membership levels.

Posted by: Billy Joe Bob ()
Date: April 27, 2010 09:19PM

If you have to ask how much, then you cant afford it, son.

Posted by: FFX ()
Date: April 28, 2010 07:53AM

FFX CC has several tiers with initiation fees ranging from $60K to $25K. Plus $500 per month

Posted by: none ()
Date: April 28, 2010 08:07AM

Hidden Creek in Reston is advertising no initiation fee right now I think.

Posted by: Golfer ()
Date: April 28, 2010 08:12AM

International was $75K a few years ago. Now that economy is bad, I don't know.

Chantilly National is very flat track. Initiation is only about $10K

There are so many great public courses around, Stonewall, Westfield just to name two. From golfing perspective you can find better golf for less.

From social, family, and business networking, country clubs still offer great value.

Posted by: every day golfer ()
Date: April 28, 2010 05:50PM

My family joined SGCC six years ago and we have not been disappointed.
My general advice would be to join a club that you live near; you will use it more than a club you have to drive some distance to get to.

Posted by: curious ()
Date: April 29, 2010 12:42AM

Army Navy

Posted by: Full Pledge Member ()
Date: April 29, 2010 10:31AM

I joined the Big Weiners Club when I was about 14. You have to have a big weiner to get in.

Posted by: parttimeballerz ()
Date: April 29, 2010 04:49PM

join one close to home nad jusy pay te fees!!!

don't join for the golf!

SGCC !

Posted by: Vienna Resident ()
Date: August 25, 2013 04:18PM

Hidden Creek (in Reston) is a good course and in great shape. Take a look.

Posted by: Nongolfer ()
Date: August 25, 2013 05:15PM

Neighbor tells me Springfield is about 35K, but don't even think of joining now unless you can get a very special deal. They are reseeding the fairways and the course will be closed after Labor Day until spring of 2014. Everything else will be open and operating - clubhouse, dining room, fitness center, etc.

Posted by: some guy ()
Date: August 25, 2013 05:27PM

Does anyone other than execs and high-level sales types and similar join these? I don't play golf, so maybe I'm missing something, but numbers like 35K, 70K initiation, 500 monthly, food/drink minimums give me pause.

These aren't necessarily entirely out of reach sums, like seven figures, but I can't see dropping this on health club, drinking acquaintances and mind-numbing (for me, anyway) socializing.

What's the appeal?

Posted by: Al Czervik ()
Date: August 25, 2013 05:44PM

I'd stay away from Reston National. There's been a recent influx of ill-mannered tacky developer types in the clubhouse.

Posted by: Rainmaker ()
Date: August 25, 2013 05:49PM

@some guy: The appeal, muffakah...is that a round of golf takes about 4 hours. Add to that range time, commute time and a meal and you might be looking at 8 hours...

For me, in my line of work...commercial real estate...that's 8 hours I have with just me and my client(s). Oh sure, people have their phones so it's not totally uninterrupted but, if you can't close after 8 hours with a client...you have no business being this business. My employer pays everything associated with my 3 country club memberships but, the burden is mine. I'm under strict orders that if I don't turn 5:1 on the membership investment then I'm getting fired but, last year I did 12:1 and this year I'm looking to clear 14:1.

Posted by: Cash & Carry ()
Date: August 25, 2013 05:54PM

some guy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone other than execs and high-level sales
> types and similar join these? I don't play golf,
> so maybe I'm missing something, but numbers like
> 35K, 70K initiation, 500 monthly, food/drink
> minimums give me pause.
>
> These aren't necessarily entirely out of reach
> sums, like seven figures, but I can't see dropping
> this on health club, drinking acquaintances and
> mind-numbing (for me, anyway) socializing.
>
> What's the appeal?

Yuppie bathhouse. Pay the dues to measure cock size.

Posted by: Country Club Whore? ()
Date: August 25, 2013 06:03PM

Rainmaker Wrote:
> @some guy: The appeal, muffakah...is that a round
> of golf takes about 4 hours. Add to that range
> time, commute time and a meal and you might be
> looking at 8 hours...
>
> For me, in my line of work...commercial real
> estate...that's 8 hours I have with just >> me and my
> client(s).<< [my clients and I] Oh sure, people have their phones so
> it's not totally uninterrupted but, if you can't
> close after 8 hours with a client...you have no
> business being "in" this business. My employer pays
> everything associated with my 3 country club
> memberships but, the burden is mine. I'm under
> strict orders that if I don't turn 5:1 on the
> membership investment then I'm getting fired but,
> last year I did 12:1 and this year I'm looking to
> clear 14:1.

Sell much?
Used cars and real estate. How many weeks of night school?

Posted by: biiiig timer ()
Date: August 25, 2013 09:10PM

Rainmaker Wrote:
> @some guy: The appeal, muffakah...is that a round
> of golf takes about 4 hours. Add to that range
> time, commute time and a meal and you might be
> looking at 8 hours...
>
> For me, in my line of work...commercial real
> estate...that's 8 hours I have with just me and my
> client(s). Oh sure, people have their phones so
> it's not totally uninterrupted but, if you can't
> close after 8 hours with a client...you have no
> business being this business. My employer pays
> everything associated with my 3 country club
> memberships but, the burden is mine. I'm under
> strict orders that if I don't turn 5:1 on the
> membership investment then I'm getting fired but,
> last year I did 12:1 and this year I'm looking to
> clear 14:1.

You sure are a big swinging di**. Congrats.

By my rough math, if you've got 3 memberships at say, $400 a month each (not counting initiation), that is around $14 k per year.

At a 5:1 multiple, that is around $70,000 per year, net $56,000 per year to your "broker" if you are on a 50/50 split. You should be fired. Or at least talked to and shown the cube farm. After other costs, your company ain't making dick on you.

At a 14:1 multiple, that is around $200,000 per year.

If you're doing $200,000 per year, to be talking the way you're talking makes me laugh.

At most of the big national firms, that gets you on the watch list. Not "watch" as in let's watch how well this guy does, but watch as in if his numbers don't improve soon, his a** needs to be shown the door.

Posted by: Broker ()
Date: August 25, 2013 09:29PM

Rainemaker, your full of shit, you in leasing or Investments sales...8 hours with a client...jeez give me a break. A guy like you would fuck things up after 8 hours....Now get back to doing your intern duties...

Posted by: Not a Developer ()
Date: August 25, 2013 09:31PM

Al Czervik-Dont tell me that douche bag Tim Chapmen showed up at Reston National...talk about failed developers...

Posted by: On Par ()
Date: August 25, 2013 11:08PM

Cash & Carry Wrote:
> some guy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

> > What's the appeal?
>
> Yuppie bathhouse. Pay the dues to measure cock
> size.

+10"
A hole in one

Posted by: Money for nothin' ()
Date: August 26, 2013 08:15AM

And the chicks ain't free. Country Clubs are nothing more than unhealthy buildings containing more cellulite and plastic than ....
a nother country club.
The only thing cultured is the mold in the walls.

Posted by: Amanda ()
Date: February 01, 2014 08:20AM

Less pretentious folks at Chantilly National. Chantilly National has highly educated members, excuse me.

Posted by: country club people suck ()
Date: February 01, 2014 06:15PM

Golf sucks. Golf players suck. "Country" clubs suck, As do the folks who pay to go to one for any reason. What the fuck, is this 1950? Therefore I will continue to introduce groundhogs to every course in the area, breed and tunnel my little ones, destroy their little golfdom!

Posted by: Karl ()
Date: February 01, 2014 08:37PM

496 Wrote:
> Have you considered Bushwood? Be sure to get a
> membership before it is turned into Condos.
Attachments:
Bill-Murray-Caddyshack.jpg

Posted by: New FFX Resident ()
Date: March 27, 2017 10:33AM

Reviving an old post. Can anyone provide any insight on the current membership fees for the CCs in FFX County?

Posted by: CC Member ()
Date: March 27, 2017 10:57AM

The local CC's are hemorrhaging members these days. Springfield has a great course layout and they keep it in very good shape but I prefer the location and layout of International more. If you really want a great course at a very low price Evergreen in Haymarket is basically giving away a membership with little to no upfront just to keep the monthly's coming in. Thats a little bit of a drive though...especially after a couple in the grill room.

Posted by: MyOpin ()
Date: March 27, 2017 02:04PM

Westwood is the only CC that comes close to being any good. Others are desperate for members, with high debt, whose members mainly joined with bargain or no initiation fees. CCs largely nowadays consist of mostly loud housewives who drink and/or sit around the pool all summer (yawn - listening to their conversations is mildly amusing for only max 5 minutes) -- so it's like a day summer camp and cheesy happy hours on Fridays with loud, laughing women who have a big might out once a week. My husband and I gave up our membership when my corporate sponsor pulled out; don't miss it.

Posted by: Diehard Lib ()
Date: March 27, 2017 02:42PM

The 1950s are over. Time to turn these wastes of land into federally subsidized housing for Blacks as reparations for slavery.

Posted by: Rory ()
Date: March 27, 2017 06:39PM

I agree that they are all looking to attract members. Springfield is one you should look at. It is a really nice course, very well maintained and they have out some money into it recently (new tee boxes, all new fairways, a few new greens etc). They have a great fitness center, pool and tennis facilities. It's family friendly.

Downsides; The members grille/lounge isn't very big. And the biggest downside is the food. It all tastes like banquet food at your local Marriott hotel. It's not restaurant quality which is a shame. It's fine when you want a hot dog when making the turn but when you want to take your spouse out to dinner, it doesn't cut it.

In fact, walk through Mike's or Austin Grille any Friday night and you'll find a dozen members of SGCC eating dinner before heading over to the club for an after dinner drink. It has been their Achilles heel for years but they don't seem willing to fix it.

Posted by: Pooky ()
Date: March 27, 2017 06:47PM

If you just want to play golf, the county has some pretty reasonable places like Burke Lake.

Posted by: pjDed ()
Date: March 27, 2017 06:57PM

Mr Nelson Wrote:
> if you like to cherf mad jacks and drink cheap
> beer Chantilly National is the right place for
> you.

I know i'm going to regret this, but what does 'cherf mad jacks' mean?

Posted by: Greal ()
Date: March 28, 2017 01:06PM

International has a great track - initiation fee is $32K and dues run about $700/month - unless you are under age 40 whereby dues are less expensive. You can finance the fee over a number of years.

Posted by: Cranky ()
Date: March 31, 2017 06:41PM

South Riding. Very reasonable.

Posted by: Galfer ()
Date: March 31, 2017 09:33PM

Rory Wrote:
> I agree that they are all looking to attract
> members. Springfield is one you should look at.
> It is a really nice course, very well maintained
> and they have out some money into it recently (new
> tee boxes, all new fairways, a few new greens
> etc). They have a great fitness center, pool and
> tennis facilities. It's family friendly.
>
> Downsides; The members grille/lounge isn't very
> big. And the biggest downside is the food. It
> all tastes like banquet food at your local
> Marriott hotel. It's not restaurant quality which
> is a shame. It's fine when you want a hot dog
> when making the turn but when you want to take
> your spouse out to dinner, it doesn't cut it.
>
> In fact, walk through Mike's or Austin Grille any
> Friday night and you'll find a dozen members of
> SGCC eating dinner before heading over to the club
> for an after dinner drink. It has been their
> Achilles heel for years but they don't seem
> willing to fix it.

This is a perfect description of SGCC. We joined because a.) our kid is into golf and tennis b.) it is less than a mile from our house c.) I play golf many times a week and, more importantly - Springfield has the most well maintained course in the area. It just does. I have played all of the courses (private and public) in this area and SGCC has the best greens, well maintained fairways, appropriately and fairly cut rough, etc.. Even in the middle of winter it looks pretty good and is great to play (if the ground isn't frozen).

It is a golfer's club. True. The food in the restaurant is not that great. The patio is actually really nice. We eat up there about zero times from November to March, but when it is warm enough to eat out on the patio, even with the heaters on, we're up there. Don't expect anything fancy, but the burgers and lighter stuff is really pretty good. If you are joining for the food and just the clubhouse, you may be a bit disappointed. But the pool is good, too. Brand new and the grille down there is great. Tennis facilities are great, too. Three (four?) indoor courts and a bunch of great outdoor ones. (I'm not a tennis guy, so I don't know much about this).

The members are great - If you are a golfer, there is always a game to get into regardless of your handicap. The staff is great, too. They do good tournaments. And the juniors programs are second-to-none. They have junior PGA league and developmental programs for kids as young as 5.

If you live in the area and are looking for a great golf club (that also happens to have a decent patio dining area and great pool and tennis), check out Springfield.

Posted by: Al Czervik ()
Date: April 01, 2017 08:29AM

Country Clubs are for the living dead. Get a life!

Posted by: I heard ()
Date: April 01, 2017 08:51AM

My neighbors are members at Springfield. I heard that you8 hve to be invited to join to keep the riff raff money jerks away.

We sneak in on the 4th for fireworks.

Posted by: CC hen parties ()
Date: April 16, 2017 10:24AM

Al Czervik Wrote:
> Country Clubs are for the living dead. Get a
> life!

CC are at best out-dated; ok if you like golf I guess. Many are in debt, and have not fully recovered from the slump when CCs opened up their doors to all types of slobs with initiation waivers, deep discounts, etc., just to get people to pay the monthly fees (...some exceptions). Tip: If you visit a prospective CC on a Friday night, and see all the bored/loud housewives initially from NJ at happy hour cackling and talking about their friends who aren't there, turn around. International has surprisingly good food, it is more like a neighborhood club - nice enough; some women around the pool and bar, however, are vulgar and ruin it. Army, Fairfax, Springfield CCs are good. Check out CCs carefully to make sure its a good fit -- there are definitely different cultures of acceptable behavior at each, and you can pick it up fairly quickly on a visit to poolside and weekend dinner. For me, it's nice to visit friends at certain CCs (and I reciprocate elsewhere of course), but it's not for me to have dinner with the same people every Friday or Saturday night; gets old quick. To each his/her own...

Posted by: xXcYh ()
Date: May 02, 2017 10:04AM

I wouldn't join if they didn't want me as a member.

Posted by: Olfactory ()
Date: May 02, 2017 08:17PM

I agree that Springfield is the best except for the food. I'm not sure why they can y fix that? Why do all other clubs have decent food but Springfield can't figure out how to make it work?

Posted by: Groucho ()
Date: May 02, 2017 09:31PM

xXcYh Wrote:
> I wouldn't join if they didn't want me as a
> member.

I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member.

Posted by: tiny brontosaurus ()
Date: May 03, 2017 03:39AM

Does anyone else like to shove clubs up their ass? It's cool. #MAGA

Posted by: Selection Committee ()
Date: May 03, 2017 06:59AM

tiny brontosaurus Wrote:
> Does anyone else like to shove clubs up their ass?
> It's cool. #MAGA

Only the liberal cuck males enjoy this.

Posted by: Job interview at Fairfax C.C. ()
Date: May 03, 2017 08:03AM

I had the president of a company invite me to Fairfax Country Club for a job interview. I wasn't that impressed, but it was the middle of the week and it was good that it wasn't too crowded. He sold me a very bad bill of goods by lying his ass off to get me to go to work with him. He even sent my wife flowers and a card asking her if it would be okay if I went to work for him.

Apparently, he front end loaded the deal, cause he sure didn't follow through with ANY of what he said he was going to do. Shortly after I went to work there, the company was sold to a big conglomerate, the president became a regional president and of course left the area, leaving me holding a bag of lies! It's hard to pay the bills with a bag of lies! He had a pattern of doing this to people. The funny thing is that he was just recognized as an innovative leader that paved the way for so many others. I've been in this industry for over 30 years! Just about everyone who has ever worked for him contradicts the article. Don't always believe what you read in trade magazines!

Posted by: Club prez ()
Date: May 03, 2017 01:22PM

Job interview at Fairfax C.C. Wrote:
> I had the president of a company invite me to
> Fairfax Country Club for a job interview. I wasn't
> that impressed, but it was the middle of the week
> and it was good that it wasn't too crowded. He
> sold me a very bad bill of goods by lying his ass
> off to get me to go to work with him. He even sent
> my wife flowers and a card asking her if it would
> be okay if I went to work for him.
>
> Apparently, he front end loaded the deal, cause he
> sure didn't follow through with ANY of what he
> said he was going to do. Shortly after I went to
> work there, the company was sold to a big
> conglomerate, the president became a regional
> president and of course left the area, leaving me
> holding a bag of lies! It's hard to pay the bills
> with a bag of lies! He had a pattern of doing this
> to people. The funny thing is that he was just
> recognized as an innovative leader that paved the
> way for so many others. I've been in this industry
> for over 30 years! Just about everyone who has
> ever worked for him contradicts the article. Don't
> always believe what you read in trade magazines!

Sorry it didn't work out. Fairfax CC might hire you as a caddy. Report to the caddyshack at 10am tomorrow for your interview.

Posted by: Wolf Gang ()
Date: May 03, 2017 01:43PM

Job interview at Fairfax C.C. Wrote:
> I had the president of a company invite me to
> Fairfax Country Club for a job interview. I wasn't
> that impressed, but it was the middle of the week
> and it was good that it wasn't too crowded. He
> sold me a very bad bill of goods by lying his ass
> off to get me to go to work with him. He even sent
> my wife flowers and a card asking her if it would
> be okay if I went to work for him.
>
> Apparently, he front end loaded the deal, cause he
> sure didn't follow through with ANY of what he
> said he was going to do. Shortly after I went to
> work there, the company was sold to a big
> conglomerate, the president became a regional
> president and of course left the area, leaving me
> holding a bag of lies! It's hard to pay the bills
> with a bag of lies! He had a pattern of doing this
> to people. The funny thing is that he was just
> recognized as an innovative leader that paved the
> way for so many others. I've been in this industry
> for over 30 years! Just about everyone who has
> ever worked for him contradicts the article. Don't
> always believe what you read in trade magazines!

What was the point of this nonsense? Damn dude, get your shit together.

Posted by: Blythe Daniels ()
Date: May 03, 2017 01:58PM

I'm still wondering what 'cherf mad jacks' means.

Posted by: W4vJM ()
Date: May 03, 2017 03:17PM

Blythe Daniels Wrote:
> I'm still wondering what 'cherf mad jacks' means.

There are 2 possible meaning from Urban Dictionary:
To get blazed, to smoke cannabis, to get high off of THC
"I tell a bitch I'm cherfin and she's like, 'What does that mean?' its when you role ten blunts then start relaxing... this is for you little peasants that keep asking..." -Los

The liquid substance that is secreted from an anus directly following a vigorous round of buttsex. Cherf is a compound liquid created from a combination of semen, lube, blood, fecal matter, sweat, and sometimes tears.
(sung to the tune of "achy breaky heart"): Don't touch my butt, my icky sticky butt, or else you'll get cherf all on your hand.

(sung to the tune of "poppin' my collar"): Ever since I can remember I've had cherf on my collar...

What is that stain on your pants? It looks like they got cherfed on!

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they were referring to 1.

Posted by: Blythe Daniels ()
Date: May 03, 2017 04:07PM

Yeah, it must be the first one, that's the one that makes sense.

Thanks!

Posted by: Honest response ()
Date: May 05, 2017 12:13AM

Santorum is a mix of lube, blood, fecal matter. It was named in honor of the Pennsylvania senator and former presidential candidate for referring to gay people as soon sodomites

Posted by: DZNutz ()
Date: May 10, 2017 11:20AM

"If you like to cherf mad jacks" means smoking cigarettes

Posted by: On the Register? ()
Date: March 23, 2018 02:12PM

So many mad poor people in this thread lol

We have CCs to get away from the benighted, unwashed masses like you. No drunk, loud rednecks clogging up the course. And of course, very few niggers blasting their nigger music on their phones.

Your garbage, "pay-to-play" clubs don't count - we belong to clubs that require a lot more than just money to join. There aren't any of those in NoVa, but there are a few in the DMV.

Posted by: EVUCK ()
Date: March 23, 2018 02:37PM

On the Register? Wrote:
> So many mad poor people in this thread lol
>
> We have CCs to get away from the benighted,
> unwashed masses like you. No drunk, loud rednecks
> clogging up the course. And of course, very few
> niggers blasting their nigger music on their
> phones.
>
> Your garbage, "pay-to-play" clubs don't count - we
> belong to clubs that require a lot more than just
> money to join. There aren't any of those in NoVa,
> but there are a few in the DMV.

There are secret rich-people clubs inside the Department Of Motor Vehicles? Genius! No one would ever look there!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.