HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
any info on gyms in the area
Posted by: peyton manning ()
Date: April 26, 2010 03:18PM

I am looking to switch from Lifetime in centreville to another? You all have any info or recommendations of good gyms in the area?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: any info on gyms in the area
Posted by: luke ()
Date: April 26, 2010 03:28PM

i am looking to leave lifetime too. Way too crowded and too many foreigners. Anyone know of anything in centreville or westfields

Posted by: chickenlady ()
Date: April 26, 2010 04:06PM

When I was going to the gym, I liked Fitness First. Not overly crowded at either the Reston or Tysons locations, and pretty cheap, at $35 a month (in 07 or 08 maybe). I see they have a location in Chantilly, can't say how that one is.

The catch to the price is that you are stuck using only the location you choose, but I think for an additional fee (something like $10 a month) you can open that up to go to any of their locations.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: April 26, 2010 04:14PM

I heard the Reston fitness first is horribly crowded and you can't even find a parking space is that not true?

Posted by: m0f0 ()
Date: April 26, 2010 04:34PM

at LTF in Centreville the personal trainers when they're with a client feel as if they have the right to kick you off a machine.

i pay the same (hefty) god damn price as everyone else. so don't stand behind me and lurk and look at your watch impatiently. And no, you can't work in. I'll be done soon enough.

ton of foreigners. when did Asians get muscles? I hate the groups of young kids that roam the top floor rough housing with one another and being reckless with the equipment and pushing one another and dropping weights. I want to be like "HEY. You little fuckin' dinks. Shut the fuck up, get the fuck out, and go to the water slide or something". They have no business being around the free weights.

good looking girls, sometimes. thats the only time i can run a long time. when theres an ass worth a shit (no pun) in front of me.

LTF fuckin sucks but for some people its the only option. It does have certain comforts to it, but the bad aspects (e.g. PARKING) outweigh the good. theres a new one off 50 (penderbrook?) near the harris teeter. Rumor has it thats its $45 a month. At least that way you can say 30 bucks or so.......LTF being like 80 bucks a month...because of a pool...which I dont use...and water slide...plopping you down into a pool 86% kid piss.

Posted by: truwwrwrp ()
Date: April 26, 2010 04:47PM

golds gym is great! never too crowded and its a fun environment
theres one in chantilly and one in manassas. the chantilly one is awesome

Posted by: need a pool ()
Date: April 26, 2010 07:17PM

any pools in the area? I go to lifetime, but it is nasty, and the 2 lanes are always clogged with people half ass sloshing around. I need a real lap pool someplace in ffx

Posted by: swim ()
Date: April 26, 2010 10:15PM

need a pool Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> any pools in the area? I go to lifetime, but it
> is nasty, and the 2 lanes are always clogged with
> people half ass sloshing around. I need a real
> lap pool someplace in ffx

XSport has a good pool. When you see it in use, it's actually being used; people aren't fucking around. About four-fives lanes... 25m.

Posted by: Kardinal ()
Date: April 27, 2010 12:58AM

I need a gym that's 24 hours, any suggestions besides Lifetime?

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: April 27, 2010 01:42AM

Mofo Wrote:
> I heard the Reston fitness first is horribly
> crowded and you can't even find a parking space is
> that not true?

Try the Reston Sport & Health Club. It's real easy to meet folks there (A lot of chill people), and there' always plenty of parking room. Also, after having been to many gyms in different states (And even different countries), I can tell you that the Reston Sport & Health club is fairly unique in that it doesn't have separate rooms and hallways, but rather one large, open area. This particular set-up keeps it cooler inside, and it's easier to talk to folks too.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Date: April 27, 2010 01:43AM

Kardinal Wrote:
> I need a gym that's 24 hours, any suggestions
> besides Lifetime?

If you want a 24 Hour gym, I believe that Olympus in Sterling, VA will fit your bill.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: bec ()
Date: April 27, 2010 01:50AM

I honestly like going to the Sport&Health at Worldgate in Herndon.

Date: April 27, 2010 01:51AM

bec Wrote:
> I honestly like going to the Sport&Health at
> Worldgate in Herndon.

A few of the people I know at the Reston spot have said the same thing.

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: April 27, 2010 05:50AM

Mofo Wrote:
> I heard the Reston fitness first is horribly
> crowded and you can't even find a parking space is
> that not true?

True.

Same with the Chantilly location. Probably due to FF being the low cost gym in the area. It's hard to even get a locker in the evenings. If you work out early in the morning or during the day it is a good option.

Posted by: Les ()
Date: April 27, 2010 10:38AM

I thought planet fitness (formerly Olympus) was the lowest price (10/mo) but also one of the worst.

Posted by: wait_wut ()
Date: April 27, 2010 11:03AM

World gym in fairfax is open 24/7 except for weekends...not bad only 15 a month...might be 20 a month right now but there are no contracts

Posted by: skinnyboi ()
Date: April 27, 2010 11:16AM

I use the Reston Sport and Health, but also have access to the Herndon location. I pay 80 a month to have access to any Sport and Health. Not the best deal around. Also, they are not 24 hours.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: April 27, 2010 12:32PM

I'm thinking of joining the Golds at Clocktower in Herndon. I really like the fact it's 24 hours. Sport and health looks like it has terrible hours and closes at 8 on weekends? This will be a little cheaper than sport and health too.

Now if sport and health is known for hot spandex clad coeds I might research them more.

Posted by: like2eat@theY ()
Date: April 27, 2010 03:06PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
> Kardinal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I need a gym that's 24 hours, any suggestions
> > besides Lifetime?
>
>
> If you want a 24 Hour gym, I believe that Olympus
> in Sterling, VA will fit your bill.

Olympus in Sterling is not 24 hours, but they're really cheap, 20/month. Anytime fitness is 24 hours, about 30/month. There is one in Ashburn and one close to South Riding.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.