HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Can We Have An F Can We Have A U Can We Have A C And The rest For MICROSOFT'S WINDOWS 10 UPDATES Installed Against Your Will
Posted by: NOT Political Its Your Property ()
Date: June 22, 2020 04:58PM

Multiple millions of Americans are now being held hostage by Microsoft's forced updates , the latest stinking one makes Bing a forced home page , yes you can set the home page icon to display Google or your choice of home page but if you want to open two browsers the second or more "home pages" revert to BING and you have to take the additional tired step to select the home page icon. This is even if you set your home page in the "add a site" box on BING as Microsoft has rigged it to remove any other home pages when you set them as "home" on BING

Then if you use a digital camera , when you insert the SD card into your computer and view the cards content you can not delete any pictures as you formerly could, you must upload them to your computer then delete the picture file. More unneeded steps to waste your time

There are so may other issues that suck with Windows 10 and the worse is that when you buy and set up the computer you are forced to accept the Microsoft legal agreement or your new computer is simply junk. Now try to take it back after being opened and get your money back

The only help is through the Congress to pass laws defending Americans right to their personal property they bought and paid for despite tricky legal language that software makers hide behind to invade your privacy

At the very least taking your existing working browser away and giving you another against your will that you have to go through extra steps to use is a unconstitutional act act. So where is Congress ?? Worthless on both sides with this issue is the answer !

After you buy any software that is bought and paid for not rented no matter what , it is your property and no updates should never be allowed without your express permission and that includes the extortion of if you don't update then your system that is now working will no longer work with some of your or all current features !

Congress the US Code must be changed to protect the people from these scams with minimum prison sentences of no less then 5 years for those who violate the law plus fines of more then a billion dollars on each count

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can We Have An F Can We Have A U Can We Have A C And The rest For MICROSOFT'S WINDOWS 10 UPDATES Installed Against Your Will
Posted by: osdlkfj ()
Date: June 22, 2020 05:19PM

i think free updates are great but i do not like

* offshored jobs

* asian companies like "akamai" posing as american "cloud security" that actually download your personal files to asia

* microsoft admitting their employees access user's personal files

* amazing and severe holes in security that "the security experts" are tight lipped about because ... they have no job if they must admit your never secure

* TARGETING MACHINES FOR FORCED UPGRADE - presumably for asian profit - killing off usa made tech, and forcing those who bought asian equipment to re-buy asian equipment despite that they like what they have and it's perfectly functional and over 1Ghz fast 2G memory

updates YES don't care. though i think bug fixes for promised software are owed not "given"

backstabbing NO

TODAY'S UPDATES LEAN ON CONTINUAL TROLLING BY OS MAKERS AND BY APPLICATION MAKERS

an btw - most web browsing i do is just pictures and text - a 1990's web browser could do that with 100x less memory and computing. talk about bloat.

Re: Can We Have An F Can We Have A U Can We Have A C And The rest For MICROSOFT'S WINDOWS 10 UPDATES Installed Against Your Will
Posted by: No Updates ()
Date: June 22, 2020 05:59PM

Without my permission it ought to be the law

Posted by: Last Night They Updated Mine ()
Date: June 23, 2020 10:17AM

When I tried to start up I got this demand to install some app for wallpaper I ignored it and when I clicked to open to the password I don't need It was locked , after fuking with it I hit Con Alt Delete and finally opened my screen , what a bunch of chicken shit !

What if this is the only way I can get in touch of 911 with a post from FXU

Seriously they need to be stopped from doing this, I hate this new Win 10 and would have never installed it. If any federal class action lawsuits are out there Im going in with them F Microsoft

Posted by: Your Next ()
Date: June 26, 2020 01:17PM

Im another Microsoft victim, they updated my Windows 10 the other day, when it opens after booting up the screen displays a wall paper app they want to suck me into . I don't want it , you can not get to the password screen until you hit Con Alt Del, not a huge biggie but just another time consuming step you have to do like so many other fucking features on the updated Win 10

If there were other good choices to Microsoft windows their stock would not be worth a dollar

Posted by: The Village Asshole ()
Date: June 26, 2020 01:32PM

I have a 12 year old lap top that runs Windows 7

Back in 2017 I re-imaged the lap top to remove all of the "Updates" that were auto installed, and returned it to the way it was back in 2008.

I turned off all of the updates, and the lap top has run perfectly since. I installed chrome browser and all is well.

Before someone flips out this is a back up lap top that is simple to use and long since paid for.

Posted by: grannies and grandpas ()
Date: June 26, 2020 01:42PM

If people are stupid enough to purchase Microsoft products then they deserve to get fucked.

Posted by: G2 TROLL ()
Date: June 26, 2020 03:01PM

The Village Asshole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a 12 year old lap top that runs Windows 7
>
> Back in 2017 I re-imaged the lap top to remove all
> of the "Updates" that were auto installed, and
> returned it to the way it was back in 2008.
>
> I turned off all of the updates, and the lap top
> has run perfectly since. I installed chrome
> browser and all is well.
>
> Before someone flips out this is a back up lap top
> that is simple to use and long since paid for.

AND WHENEVER YOU VISIT A DEMOCRAT INVOLVED GOVERNMENT WEBSITE (most) OR BUSINESS OR GOOGLE MAPS

YOU GET A "CANNOT DISPLAY PAGE, PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR WEB BROWSER"

YOU HAVE A DEAD PC AFTER DOWNGRADING AND CAN'T INSTALL SOFTWARE

DROP DEAD G2

Posted by: osdfkj ()
Date: June 26, 2020 03:09PM

(also, you'd get "incompatible flash version" lockouts, "does not support 64 bit" ockouts, and many other lockouts. also: drivers aren't part of "the official" updates. if those are updated "by mistake" you fucked - since they work only with windows 10. they come straight from china and contain chinese hacker code anyway)

for better or worse I'd never tell anyone to "not upgrade"

BIG TECH HAS DESIGNED APPLE, WINDOWS 10, UBUTU LINUX OS to require continual updates or your PC is "toast" and won't work

* Apple - poor software compatibility - excellent and safe device support - many devices made in USA

* Microsoft - better software longevity - terrible security and device support

* Ubuntu - german / chinese hack ware 100% controlled by terrorists - all strong arm tactics to obstruct your time force you to buy asian PC parts you don't need - malware designed to steal your stuff. dont' say i didnt' warn you. turn off upgrades? you'll be getting a black screen (that's proven history) - but they tell you every lie possible, like "ubuntu frees you from big tech", ubuntu is the terrorist side of BIG TECH, actually

Posted by: osdfkj ()
Date: June 26, 2020 03:12PM

* Microsoft - better gaming - if your not getting a chinese XBox One or PS4 and have a kid, only choice

* Microsoft - better support for certain softwares that are released "on only one platform" - that platform is usually Windows 10, like say support for some programmable chip that costs $1.

Posted by: G2 TROLL ()
Date: June 26, 2020 03:13PM

NO REASONABLE PERSON WOULD TELL YOU IN 2020 THAT YOU HAVE AN OPTION TO TURN OFF UPGRADES

all upgrades from all companies hack previous release to stop functioning and - every so often REQUIRE you buy new hardware

it's a scam: but it's a very effective one, you cannot turn it off

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.