HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Any fish tanks owners?
Posted by: JonhLee ()
Date: June 16, 2020 07:56AM

Hey! Is here someone who has aquarium( not empty, but with fishes, of course)? I'm new in thins find and have only two fishes (guppies) and I want to ask someone more advanced few questions.
I'd appreciate your reply!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any fish tanks owners?
Posted by: Jack Dempsey ()
Date: June 16, 2020 09:48AM

You could spend a month online looking at information about aquariums, or you could go to Centreville Aquarium and talk to them; they are the best around in my opinion. And yes, I have four fish tanks with dozens of fish. I'll be honest, it's a pain in the ass and I am done with this fucking "hobby". Will be getting rid of all of it this summer. My dog is easier to take care of than the fish!

Posted by: ready for OP spam ()
Date: June 16, 2020 10:11AM

Send me your links, I'm ready for the negative SEO

Posted by: Nemo ()
Date: June 16, 2020 10:24AM

JonhLee Wrote:u
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey! Is here someone who has aquarium( not empty,
> but with fishes, of course)? I'm new in thins find
> and have only two fishes (guppies) and I want to
> ask someone more advanced few questions.
> I'd appreciate your reply!

Take very good care of your little fishy's or surely they will die. Clean water is your friend. Do not over feed your fishy's.

Posted by: NinaLaw ()
Date: June 16, 2020 11:16AM

Totally agree with Dempsey. Centreville Aquarium is a great place to go; they’re very knowledgeable and have a great selection. Depending on your tank size, you’ll want to be sure you have enough hiding spaces (plants, rocks, castles, etc.) for all the fish. And make sure the ones you add are compatible with your current ones. If you get schooling fish, make sure you are able to add at least 3-4 of them. Some ideas are White Cloud Mountain Minnows or some of their Tetra GloFish. You may also want to consider adding a cleaner fish, like a Dwarf Pleco, or some snails. I would also suggest adding these in phases - I would advise against adding a bunch all at one time. If you get live plants, lighting is also very important. Ensure you have a sufficient filter, and an air stone is also a good idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2020 11:17AM by NinaLaw.

Posted by: clown fish ()
Date: June 16, 2020 11:45AM

I once had a roommate who had a salt water tank with all sorts of fish but it was one hell of a lot work to maintain. Temperature, salinity, snails to keep it clean and eat the fish poo. No thanks. I like dogs.

Posted by: Good pets ()
Date: June 16, 2020 12:10PM

Get fresh water with some lion heads and Oscar fish

Posted by: Unless it's a goldfish ()
Date: June 16, 2020 10:04PM

You don't own fish
They own you

Posted by: treysi ()
Date: June 23, 2020 07:58AM

I always wanted to have my own fish tank with a looot of various fish species and different decorations like rocks, castles and even homes for my fish. Sadly, my parents never let me have a tank saying that it is useless and so on :( Now that I have moved into my own apartment I have finally bought myself an aquarium!! If any of you need, like I did, had a problem with bobbit worms then you should check out this site cause it helped me a lot!

https://arcreef.com/bristle-worms/bobbit-worm-eunice-aphroditois/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2020 06:39PM by treysi.

Posted by: Baby Snakeheads 4 sale ()
Date: June 23, 2020 08:47AM

My name is Freddie 703 685 0555, call for prices.
Attachments:
71D9A49C-8DFD-44DA-A74D-648C0BB47099.jpeg

Posted by: Chico and the man ()
Date: June 23, 2020 08:53AM

JonhLee Wrote:

Chico's on Columbia Pike specializes in fish. They'll give you all sorts of great advice.

Posted by: AT in the 703 ()
Date: June 23, 2020 11:40AM

Arthur Treachers, in Fairfax city, specializes in fish!

Posted by: Knower of things ()
Date: June 24, 2020 08:10AM

JonhLee Wrote:

I made sure I put the bottom feeding fish in my tank. Algae eaters, cory catfish and I have a red tailed shark. The shark didnt bother the smaller fish and also like to bottom feed.

Posted by: Jack Tinn ()
Date: August 04, 2020 09:10AM

Hey! What exactly you need help with? I can't say I'm pro in aquarium staff, but I read a lot of info about fishes, plants, etc. And if you're a beginner, then I have one useful article for you. It's about the best plants for freshwater aquarium, and you can read it on thepets.net, and also, there are many other valuable articles. So I highly recommend you check it, because there are descriptions of each plant, and you can also check the price!

Posted by: caritu ()
Date: September 01, 2020 07:56PM

What questions are you interested in? How to care for your aquarium? How to choose the right fish? What should you buy first? For example, when I was new to this business, I kept a betta. The most important question for me was betta fish life span. I wanted to be ready for the moment when they die (as sad as it may sound). If you are interested in how to properly care for fish, then I advise you to look at several guides on YouTube, and also join special forums dedicated to this topic. Thus, you can ask advice from those people who have been breeding fish for several years. I hope you succeed, good luck!

Posted by: sad_boy ()
Date: September 03, 2020 04:05AM

caritu Wrote:
> What questions are you interested in? How to care for your aquarium? How to choose the right fish? What should you buy first? For example, when I was new to this business, I kept a betta. The most important question for me was betta fish life span. I wanted to be ready for the moment when they die (as sad as it may sound). If you are interested in how to properly care for fish, then I advise you to look at several guides on YouTube, and also join special forums dedicated to this topic. Thus, you can ask advice from those people who have been breeding fish for several years. I hope you succeed, good luck!

I had an almost similar situation but it had ended not as well as yours

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.