HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Firearms Question: Supressors in FFX?
Posted by: Missin' The Nation's GS ()
Date: May 19, 2020 10:53PM

Under the upcoming changes, can FFX prohibit supressors permitted under federal law? What if they're already possessed by owners? A buddy has several $K invested in some and I know you can't just sell face-to-face in the WalMart lot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Firearms Question: Supressors in FFX?
Posted by: Desert Eagle ()
Date: May 19, 2020 11:02PM

Oh well I guess the old AK47 will now have to go unsupressed. Not into breaking any Federal fire arms laws. Would not (cough) want to sell them at the local gun show cause Bubba might get buck wild and shoot stuff up.

Posted by: Missin' The Nation's GS ()
Date: May 19, 2020 11:04PM

Desert Eagle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh well I guess the old AK47 will now have to go
> unsupressed. Not into breaking any Federal fire
> arms laws. Would not (cough) want to sell them at
> the local gun show cause Bubba might get buck wild
> and shoot stuff up.

But what if you already have them? Can't just dump 'em.

Posted by: MKLTP ()
Date: May 20, 2020 12:09AM

Missin' The Nation's GS Wrote:
> Desert Eagle Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Oh well I guess the old AK47 will now have to
> go
> > unsupressed. Not into breaking any Federal fire
> > arms laws. Would not (cough) want to sell them
> at
> > the local gun show cause Bubba might get buck
> wild
> > and shoot stuff up.
>
> But what if you already have them? Can't just dump
> 'em.

My understanding is that if you can no longer own something due to changes in laws in your jurisdiction, you are allowed to sell it to someone in an area where they can legally own it. The sale must go through a FFL with SOT.

Posted by: v63yb ()
Date: May 20, 2020 12:13AM

> Under the upcoming changes, can FFX prohibit
> supressors permitted under federal law? What if
> they're already possessed by owners? A buddy has
> several $K invested in some and I know you can't
> just sell face-to-face in the WalMart lot.

Under the National Firearms Act, it is legal under federal law to own a Class 3 firearm; however, state and local laws may limit or prohibit owning it.

Posted by: Takin' yo gats bitches ()
Date: May 20, 2020 03:59AM

Ain't so ruff
ain't so tuff
When the man come
An take yo stuff

Tuck it or fuck it.

Posted by: Uncle Ralphies Unhappy Nephew ()
Date: May 20, 2020 09:14AM

I have several standard capacity AR mags. If The Coonster manages to forbid them, will I be compensated? Can I get it in cash?

Posted by: Handgun Bob ()
Date: May 20, 2020 09:51AM

No, if the Coonster forbids them you will receive no offical remuneration.

Posted by: LPTNK ()
Date: May 20, 2020 09:56AM

Uncle Ralphies Unhappy Nephew Wrote:
> I have several standard capacity AR mags. If The
> Coonster manages to forbid them, will I be
> compensated? Can I get it in cash?

You will be compensated if you sell them to someone who can own them. Otherwise, no. If the governement does offer a buyback program it will be pennies on the dollar. You'd be better off just selling them yourself or play the odds and hold onto them. You won't be able to take them to a gun range, but as long as you're not a fuckup and get the police searching your home for some reason, how would they ever know you have them? I know people that have plenty of firearms that they should not have, machine guns inherited from fathers etc., because they do not have the tax stamps, but there is no record of these firearms anywhere. As long as they are not stupid they can keep them forever.

Posted by: Just sayn ()
Date: May 20, 2020 09:59AM

LPTNK Wrote:
> Uncle Ralphies Unhappy Nephew Wrote:
> -----
> > I have several standard capacity AR mags. If
> The
> > Coonster manages to forbid them, will I be
> > compensated? Can I get it in cash?
>
>
> You will be compensated if you sell them to
> someone who can own them. Otherwise, no. If the
> governement does offer a buyback program it will
> be pennies on the dollar. You'd be better off just
> selling them yourself or play the odds and hold
> onto them. You won't be able to take them to a gun
> range, but as long as you're not a fuckup and get
> the police searching your home for some reason,
> how would they ever know you have them? I know
> people that have plenty of firearms that they
> should not have, machine guns inherited from
> fathers etc., because they do not have the tax
> stamps, but there is no record of these firearms
> anywhere. As long as they are not stupid they can
> keep them forever.

So you are cool with folks breaking the law.
Please don't preach about anyone who breaks a law, maybe they just don't agree with it.

Posted by: Established Law ()
Date: May 20, 2020 11:13AM

Uncle Ralphies Unhappy Nephew Wrote:
> I have several standard capacity AR mags. If The
> Coonster manages to forbid them, will I be
> compensated? Can I get it in cash?

If you could lawfully sell them then no you would not be compensated. You would not even be entitled to be reimbursed for the costs of lawfully selling them, and you would not be entitled to be compensated if the prohibition reduced the potential sales price.

If you are permitted to lawfully remove them from the jurisdiction and transport them into another jurisdiction where possession was lawful you would not be entitled to compensation. You would not be entitled to be reimbursed for the costs of transporting them.

Posted by: Supressors Are Legal In Virginia ()
Date: May 20, 2020 12:28PM

Democrats did not pass the assault weapons ban suppressor and magazine capacity ban . This was because of Sen Chap Peterson (D) and Sen Creigh Deeds (D) no vote tabling the bill over to the state crime commission for the 2021 legislative year to be renewed next year after the 2020 election so Democrats can see how much they lost in 2020.

What Democrats did pass is a law allowing local governments all over Virginia the ability to write their own gun laws more restrictive then what state law allows ,which is a questionable substitute use of state legislative authority under Virginias constitution even though the local ordinances are limited to misdemeanors not felonies as all gun rights are protected by the 2nd amendment

Don't ever look to Democrats to uphold the US constitution or any states constitution , disregard any claims to rules of law or upholding the laws of the land or the constitution that ever come from a Democrat's mouth looking for a sucker vote from those who easily give up their civil rights for welfare payments

You will just have to see the wild party of Democrats with their "wide open eyes and Cheerio mouths " in total constitution burning glee when Fairfax gets its chance to infringe upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms when the new state law takes effect July 1st 2020.

Your pal DAJAX

Posted by: Why did they win? ()
Date: May 20, 2020 12:43PM

The thing that you have to be worrying about is why the progressive Democrats won, and how you can get them out of office. The Republicans in Fairfax County are dolts who either think that they can win with 80's era tactics, or simply can't win anymore. The voters have to jump in and get good, smart candidates running for those offices that you may or may not forget to vote for. State positions have to be the target of getting the State legislature back.

Posted by: People Became Fat And Lazy ^ ()
Date: May 20, 2020 01:12PM

As the Trump economy was so good after just two years with Trump in office , there was an increase in Democrat votes due to heavy gun control media bias due to a Democrat shooting up a building in tidewater Virginia that Republicans did not bother to address by showing up in force to vote.

In other earlier elections its true Republicans kept running candidates who simply could bot win even if they were good guys . The cure is always run good candidates GOP for office and they have learned , support those who can win to stop the Democrats even if you have to hold your nose, symbolic votes for good guys who cant win mean nothing when the Democrats pass unconstitutional laws and restrict your liberty further

The CURE: Always VOTE For Those who can win who are not Democrats and support the real American people !

Posted by: They ignored the signs ()
Date: May 20, 2020 01:15PM

In the 80's the typical Virginian who keeps a pistol in his home for self defense and a long arm for hunting was worried that big bad government was going to swoop in, seize his weapons and throw him in jail. By 2019 the typical Virginian was more concerned about some overzealous gun nut with way too much firepower getting pissed off and shooting up people at schools, at places of work or in other public places.

The Republican party could have gotten ahead of this shift. They could have enacted a series of modest gun restrictions that would probably have been enough to convince many Virginia voters that the Republicans were striking the right balance between gun safety and preserving the right to gun ownership for typical Virginians. Some Republicans even talked openly about this. Whenever they did so the NRA started rattling their sabers and threatening to withdraw campaign support and actively support primary challengers. So the Republicans caved and did nothing.

With Republicans unwilling to do anything meaningful typical Virginians turned to Democrats hoping that more moderate Democrats would prevent the passage of the more obnoxious anti-gun provisions favored by more radical Democrats. In this legislative session that is what seems to have happened.

Posted by: jcmvv ()
Date: May 20, 2020 05:16PM

Just sayn Wrote:
> LPTNK Wrote:
> -----
> > Uncle Ralphies Unhappy Nephew Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I have several standard capacity AR mags. If
> > The
> > > Coonster manages to forbid them, will I be
> > > compensated? Can I get it in cash?
> >
> >
> > You will be compensated if you sell them to
> > someone who can own them. Otherwise, no. If the
> > governement does offer a buyback program it
> will
> > be pennies on the dollar. You'd be better off
> just
> > selling them yourself or play the odds and hold
> > onto them. You won't be able to take them to a
> gun
> > range, but as long as you're not a fuckup and
> get
> > the police searching your home for some reason,
> > how would they ever know you have them? I know
> > people that have plenty of firearms that they
> > should not have, machine guns inherited from
> > fathers etc., because they do not have the tax
> > stamps, but there is no record of these
> firearms
> > anywhere. As long as they are not stupid they
> can
> > keep them forever.
>
>
> So you are cool with folks breaking the law.
> Please don't preach about anyone who breaks a law,
> maybe they just don't agree with it.

Did you pay personal property tax on your home computer when it was required by law? Have you ever bought a 12 pack of beer out of state and brought it into Virginia? Ever go 1 mph over the speed limit? Ever just sit in a fire lane or no parking zone "for just a minute because I am sitting in the car"? Ever suck your boyfriends dick or stick your dick up his ass? I am sure you have broken many laws during your life.

Posted by: Go "Balence" The Constitution ()
Date: May 20, 2020 06:05PM

>were striking the right balance between gun safety

Gun ownership is a constitutional right , you go ahead and balance the constitution with amending it and ratifying it with the 2nd amendment ripped out , go ahead there's your balancing act.

Gun bans are not balancing jackshit they are totally unconstitutional , We will see what goes in 2021 after Democrats have their hats and asses handed to them in Nov 2020 its going to get ugly for the Democrat party of obstruction and resistance to closing our southern border, keeping killer virus's out of the USA and unconstitutionally breaking our civil rights as Americans as they support foreign nationals with payments and even health care to illegals in bills from congress that go straight into the trash heap while our fellow Americans suffer with this Chinese Virus that infected this country as Democrat's did nothing but scream racist and obstruct

Posted by: Ask Any REAL NEW YORKER ()
Date: May 20, 2020 08:21PM

From N Y C , they all have them as well as zip guns all made from home made materials so what's the big deal ?? Gun Laws?? They never heard of any stinking gun laws lol

Posted by: U Leave Me Alone I Leave U Alone ()
Date: May 20, 2020 10:07PM

LKGME Wrote:
> Here you go, you can get a firearm with a fake
> suppressor. Then you can still look cool and not
> violate the law.

Not everyone aspires to be a poser. I have a Dead Air Mask on my .22 and have found it's great for backyard shooting that occasional fox, groundhog or squirrel, particularly when using subsonic rounds. I'm on a 1/2 acre lot in a subdivision in FFX and have never had a problem doing so.

Posted by: Wait! What? ()
Date: May 21, 2020 03:48AM

FagMcFaggy Wrote:
-------------------------------------
> Not everyone aspires to be a poser.

Huh? As a grad of the Ru Paul School of Armed Combat, I can tell you that many people DO aspire to be posers. Actually, good news, you are OOZING the qualities of a non-binary poser!!

Posted by: But How Does This Work? ()
Date: May 21, 2020 09:08AM

Established Law Wrote:
> Uncle Ralphies Unhappy Nephew Wrote:
> -----
> > I have several standard capacity AR mags. If
> The
> > Coonster manages to forbid them, will I be
> > compensated? Can I get it in cash?
>
> If you could lawfully sell them then no you would
> not be compensated. You would not even be
> entitled to be reimbursed for the costs of
> lawfully selling them, and you would not be
> entitled to be compensated if the prohibition
> reduced the potential sales price.
>
> If you are permitted to lawfully remove them from
> the jurisdiction and transport them into another
> jurisdiction where possession was lawful you would
> not be entitled to compensation. You would not be
> entitled to be reimbursed for the costs of
> transporting them.

Ok, so selling mags is one thing. Crossing the streams here, how does one sell a suppressor? I get it for buying a new one, and know a Class 3 FFL is involved, but if I have one to sell (say to you), how do we do that? Do I wait a year or more to be paid while you’re being checked? And what if state lines are involved? Can my kids inherit presuming they’re not prohibited persons and a trust is not involved?

Posted by: mkwvx ()
Date: May 21, 2020 12:45PM

But How Does This Work? Wrote:
>
>
> Ok, so selling mags is one thing. Crossing the
> streams here, how does one sell a suppressor? I
> get it for buying a new one, and know a Class 3
> FFL is involved, but if I have one to sell (say to
> you), how do we do that? Do I wait a year or more
> to be paid while you’re being checked? And what
> if state lines are involved? Can my kids inherit
> presuming they’re not prohibited persons and a
> trust is not involved?

You would have to sell it to someone who already has Class 3. You would not sell it to them directly, you would have to go through a dealer who has Class 3 FFL with SOT. There lies the problem, you have to find a dealer who trusts both you, the seller, and the buyer because in the end he is putting his license on the line to do the transaction. That is why some dudes only do the minimum number of sales per year to keep their license active, because they are afraid of getting wrapped up in someone elses mess. I know a guy who sold to some rando who approached him on his website. The dude later was charged with some crime (cannot remember what) and the dealer was worried as fuck that even though the firearm he sold him was not used in the crime, that he would get wrapped up in the investigation. That means they come to your house/place of business, go through all YOUR firearms/mags/ammo/etc, go through all your previous sales, check all your books, etc.

Posted by: Greentop & Sharpshooters ()
Date: May 21, 2020 01:12PM

Sell class 3 suppressors , if yours is federally legally registered you will have the class III paperwork and your tax stamp , you present your paperwork and tax stamp to the class III dealer , they take possession of the suppressor, and they sell it to a person who gets the class III registration from the ATF and transfer the suppressor to the new owner when their 200 dollar tax stamp and paperwork arrives in about 90 days

Man I cant see what your trying to say ..>"There lies the problem, you have to find a dealer who trusts both you, the seller, and the buyer"

Either your suppressor is federally legal with your tax stamp and paperwork or its not .The same with the buyer and their tax stamp and paperwork . If its not no class III dealer will touch it or sell it to a person without the proper paperwork and tax stamp , as far as going out of business the suppressor is your a till its sold , the dealer simply has legal possession of it not you until its sold and you can get it back by going to court if there stores stock has been raided and confiscated for unlawful acts the same as any other consignment sale of a firearm , or you can get it back if you change your mind on the sale bringing your paperwork and tax stamp back to the dealer to have it transferred back to you with any fees they may charge on your dime for their efforts DAJAX

Remember every legal movement of a firearm between a FFL dealer and anywhere the firearm goes is called a transfer with records kept by all FFL dealers gunsmiths and manufacturers of who what where and why and dates in their records in and out for ATF inspection and that even includes firearms withdrawn from a FFL's business inventory for their personal use

Posted by: Now ignoring you ()
Date: May 21, 2020 03:53PM

Go "Balence" The Constitution Wrote:
> >were striking the right balance between gun
> safety
>
> Gun ownership is a constitutional right , you go
> ahead and balance the constitution with amending
> it and ratifying it with the 2nd amendment ripped
> out , go ahead there's your balancing act.

Free speech is a constitutional right. Freedom of the press is a constitutional reight. Free exercise of religion is a constitutional right. Peaceable assemble is a constituional right. Property is a constituional right. Yet every one of these is subject to restrictions based on a balancing between those exercising the rights and those who are adversely affected by the exercise of those rights. Why do you think the Second Amendment is any different.

> Gun bans are not balancing

Where is the gun ban? Firearm possession is more protected today than bladed weapons and throwing stars. The average law abiding citizen can own most types of pistols and longarms. The Supreme Court in Heller said the personal Second Amendment right they were recognizing was subject to regulation. Reading the case as a whole those regulations extend to types of weapons that can be owned. Sorry but I won't be weeping that you cannot own a 50 cal MG.

Posted by: You Can Own A 50 BMG ()
Date: May 21, 2020 04:52PM

It's just another class III firearm that requires a federal background check and 200 dollar tax stamp that takes 90 days to get plus around 35000 to buy one and hundreds of dollars for the ammuntion to shoot one 3 minutes

There are 1/2 million federally registered machine guns in the USA , 30 thousand in Virginia alone the largest number in any state

Since machine guns were federally regulated never banned by the U.S. there have been only a few crimes committed with them. All by criminals who stole them from police which should be just fine wIth you and your fellow police state supporters

Speaking of balance I need a good laugh at your ass so explain the balence of powers of the federal government and why the 2nd amendment was a very important balance to the founders.

Then justify the civilian police whom are not military under the constitution but civil authority having the same weapons of war issued to the military , with such weapons being denied to the citizens whom must protect themselves against armed criminals in the absence of police when police are just minutes away.

Then return to the police being issued military weapons the citizenry is denied which is a complete breach of the balence of powers which this nation was founded upon

Then look at the gun bans passed into law in states where Democrats have full political control , and bans proposed and narrowly adopted into law this spring in Richmond by Democrats as well as the gun bans passed by by the U.S. House last year all of which are unconstitutional as bans not any type of reasonable regulation which is completely unconstitutional .

Today it guns tommorow Democrats will require you to obtain a license to speak or attend a church with maniac Libtards like yourself running your mouths off , in the end fools like you will get your final wishes granted against your will by those you adored and voted for

Posted by: Cant reason with 2A types ()
Date: May 21, 2020 08:04PM

Today it isn't guns in general. It is a select number of guns that only a small number of people own. That is why this gun owner LOLs every time you Second Amendment types starts bitching.

The Second Amendment was no more important to the Framers than any of the other amendments. You probably oppose human sacrifices as part of religious ceremonies. You probably would object if a hundred Hispanics camped out on your neighbors' back yard. If someone was arrested for drug possession after a pat down and was let off because the judge ruled the evidence had been illegally seized, you'd be screaming that some soft hearted liberal judge had let the guy off on a technicality. You are in favor of restrictions on Constitutional rights so long as those restrictions produce in your opinion a societally beneficial result. You don't use the same analysis when it comes to gun ownership.

Gun bans have been put into place over our country's history by Federalists, by Whigs and Republicans as well as by Democrats. Republicans overwhelmingly supported the Gun Control Act of 1968. More Democrats voted against the 1968 Act than Republicans.

Everything that I have seen which has passed in Virginia in the past year meets the requirements of Heller. That they don't meet your definition of the requirements under the Second Amendment is irrelevant to me.

You want to ban police officers from carrying on duty military grade firearms without special authorization, I am all for it.

Posted by: 2A Type ()
Date: May 21, 2020 09:31PM

No assault firearms for citizens

No assault firearms for police

No magazines over 10 rounds for citizens

No magazines over 10 rounds for police

No short barrel rifles or shotguns for citizens

No short barrel rifles or shotguns for police

Military weapons authorized for the military only

Now you have a balance of powers of government that does not infringe on the rights of the people

So reverse everything

Assault firearms for police

Assault firearms for citizens

And the balance of powers is still intact as is the constitution

One more time follow along

Assault firearms for police

NO Assault firearms for citizens

Democrats say they want a Police State which is when police have arms and citizens do not

That's a unconstitutional Police State ,beware of what you ask for

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is a police officer ?? A law abiding citizen with a badge and powers of arrest

What is a law abiding citizen , a law abiding citizen without a badge and citizen powers of arrest in emergencies

Why are Democrats so afraid of law abiding citizens and liberty ?

Posted by: Just Jenny ()
Date: May 22, 2020 06:53PM

Saw this thread and it seems like a good place to ask this. My BIL passed away suddenly two years ago. My sister, his widow, has understandably had a hard time dealing with it. The will has been through probate and everything is legally hers. He left her quite comfortable for life. He collected guns and had a large safe in the basement. She ignored it for a year, along with most of everything else. She found the combination and between us we opened it up. Inside were a bunch of guns and I saw at the bottom one of what looked like the equipment cases we use at work with two padlocks and a label that said "supressors". She just said she didn't want to deal with any of it and locked everything back up and threw a sheet over it. And she probably will ignore it forever. Her lawyer is an idiot but she's sold on him and his advice. Leave it alone for years (maybe decades) until she someday passes?

Posted by: just john ()
Date: May 22, 2020 07:12PM

Just Jenny Wrote:
> Saw this thread and it seems like a good place to
> ask this. My BIL passed away suddenly two years
> ago. My sister, his widow, has understandably had
> a hard time dealing with it. The will has been
> through probate and everything is legally hers. He
> left her quite comfortable for life. He collected
> guns and had a large safe in the basement. She
> ignored it for a year, along with most of
> everything else. She found the combination and
> between us we opened it up. Inside were a bunch of
> guns and I saw at the bottom one of what looked
> like the equipment cases we use at work with two
> padlocks and a label that said "supressors". She
> just said she didn't want to deal with any of it
> and locked everything back up and threw a sheet
> over it. And she probably will ignore it forever.
> Her lawyer is an idiot but she's sold on him and
> his advice. Leave it alone for years (maybe
> decades) until she someday passes?

Depending on what is there, she stands to make some decent money. Problem is, trying to sell it all will be a chore, and most people who will want to "help" will most likely take advantage of the fact she doesn't know what she has. If she has close friends or family that know firearms, and she trusts them, ask for their help. Otherwise research Estate dealers that work with firearms. They will of course want a fee and commission, but they know the laws and the business. Take care.

Just some links -

https://www.everplans.com/articles/bequeathing-and-inheriting-guns-what-to-do-with-firearms-when-someone-dies

https://www.beankinney.com/publications-articles-firearms-estate-planning.html

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/bulk-gun-purchases-in-virginia/

Posted by: Greentop Buys Estate Guns ()
Date: May 22, 2020 08:01PM

That's why so many very choice Springfield trapdoor 45-70's civil war muskets 30-40 Krags 30-30 Winchesters .45 Colt autos , M1 grands 1903 Springfield's M1 Carbines Colt Pythons Winchester pre 64 model 70's and model 12 shotguns plus many more fine guns end up for sale there

People in need , give them a call they come out and cut a fat check for fair market value as class 3 and standard FFL dealers . Have Guns they Travel

DAJAX

https://www.greentophuntfish.com/

Posted by: Right on time ()
Date: May 22, 2020 08:14PM

Greentop Buys Estate Guns Wrote:
> That's why so many very choice Springfield
> trapdoor 45-70's civil war muskets 30-40 Krags
> 30-30 Winchesters .45 Colt autos , M1 grands 1903
> Springfield's M1 Carbines Colt Pythons Winchester
> pre 64 model 70's and model 12 shotguns plus many
> more fine guns end up for sale there
>
> People in need , give them a call they come out
> and cut a fat check for fair market value as class
> 3 and standard FFL dealers . Have Guns they
> Travel
>
> DAJAX
>
> https://www.greentophuntfish.com/

"Fair market value"? "Cut a fat check"? So easy it sounds too good to be true...and probably is. Don't you have some slop to cook?

Posted by: Bitch All you Want ()
Date: May 22, 2020 08:26PM

Sell them yourself if you want top dollar and wait months or years , but people that don't like guns want to just get rid of them and Greentop is as fair as anyplace as they have a excellent business

Obviously you have never been there , what a retarded libdick to bitch about one of the best gun shops in Virginia

Posted by: Estate Planning for Guns ()
Date: May 22, 2020 11:09PM

Firearms trusts are an unnecessary expense in most cases, both to set up and to maintain. The only real reason to have one is where it is anticipated the ultimate beneficiary will not be legally permitted to own or possess the firearms at death, but may qualify later. Otherwise the estate planning aspects can easily be dealt with by a couple of administrative provisions in the will or trust agreement.

When we have had firearms collections show up in estates we usually hire someone with a FFL to assist in the bulk transfer. There is an expense involved, but they deal with any administrative issues and the executor gets a defense if anything goes wrong.

Most dealers we have dealt with in bulk sales require purchase at a discount from FMV. I've always told my executors some discount is reasonable because they are going to have their money tied up in the guns or any other collectible until they can sell it and they deserve some return on their investment. Some people have an unreasonable view of what collectibles are worth, but there are also sharks out there who may try to undervalue it. Get at least two opinions. If the collection is that good, consider selling it at auction.

Thanks for the reference DAJAX. I will keep it for future use.

Posted by: Fair Market Value ()
Date: May 23, 2020 12:38AM

As I called it is a reasonable offer a dealer will make . Greentop and others resell the estate firearms and they must make a profit . For example a handgun such as a 1995 Smith & Wesson Model 29 6 inch blue .44 magnum in very good condition that could sell for 750 dollars may receive an offer of 500 to 550 and Greentop will sell it for 800 and take a markdown to 750 if it does not sell in 2 weeks

There is always bargaining when the guns are used in a dealers showcase or anywhere else and some bargaining with new guns as well depending on the gun and how valuable and rare it is . Very valuable guns in excess of 3000 dollars should be appraised by a reputable firearms appraiser . With most collections the guns may be desirable to many people but are not in that price range . Guns that do command high prices should be sold at auctions with a minimum bid to obtain the best prices especially if they are coveted and rare like a old Colt .45 peace maker or other gun that has historical value and may sell for 15000.00 dollars or more, however that does take time to advertise and expense to sell , as I said many executors just want fair sales value and the cash at hand in dealing with most estate firearms , the more expensive the firearm the longer it will take to get that cash unless as said they are coveted and rare pieces as collectors are always on the lookout and places like Greentop have good customers they work with to advise them when a particle gun comes into their inventory as a part of the services they offer . There are other avenues such as Gunbroker.com where guns can be sold online , all sales must be transferred thru a FFL dealer both ways , the guns must be packed and shipped by UPS or Fed EX , often allowed 3 days inspection at the receiving FFL dealer and that all takes time and trouble as it may come back as a no sale .If inspection is not offered and the gun is sold "as is" the sale price will reflect that . In the end a typical estate sale of some good quality guns owned by a typical hunter and target shooter may bring $ 3500 in cash with a difference of 300 hundred dollars either way up or down as in this example

1992 30-06 caliber Remington 700 BLD with older 3X9 variable Leopold scope in very good condition offered 375.00 to sell at 525.00 , Used Scopes don't add much that much value to firearm's unless they are in excellent condition of a top brand name and fairly new as scope technology changes over the years and older scopes may have issues that do not show up in the dealers show room or where they look at the guns , If the scope is very good on a common rifle the dealer any remove the scope and sell it separately putting a less used expensive model on the firearm

1977 Remington 1200 12 gauge shotgun with 30 inch full choke in very good condition offered 250.00 to sell for 375.00

1950 Winchester Model 61 .22 lr rifle in very good condition offered 500.00 to sell for 800.00

1965 Colt Woodsman .22 lr pistol in good condition offered 475.00 to sell for 700.00

1966 Colt Python blue .357 magnum 6 inch barrel in NRA excellent condition offered 1550.00 to sell for 1950 .00

3150.00 offered on 5 guns so 300.00 either way on offers is not that much if the executor wants to sell in a reasonable time period with the least amount of trouble , people buy lawn tractors that are like new used little and they have to be given away at a large discount loss when they pass and their family needs to settle their estate

DAJAX

Posted by: pugnc ()
Date: May 23, 2020 01:57AM

You can always take them over the state line to W Virginia and sell them there. If it is a VA stat law and not a Federal law, just find a good hiding place for them. After Blackface babykiller gets thrown out of the legislature with all his Bloomberg groupies in the egislature, you will be able to dig up your private caches and just enjoy life as usual. (Or, move to a gun friendly state that still allows them).

Posted by: 09sdfj ()
Date: May 23, 2020 02:38AM

1977 Remington 1200 12 gauge shotgun with 30 inch full choke in very good condition offered 250.00 to sell for 375.00

THAT NEW NEW PRICE

TRY AGAIN

Posted by: 1100 Remington shotgun ()
Date: May 23, 2020 05:24PM

Sometimes the cheese slips off old dajaxs cracker, the price is about what I ve seen them sell for in gun stores in vg condition

Posted by: look at gunbroker ()
Date: May 23, 2020 05:34PM

Their trying to get far more for a 1100 shotgun , they always have some of the highest prices I have got better deals at clark bros and sharpshooters

Posted by: Dirty Harry ()
Date: May 23, 2020 06:03PM

It's illegal to shoot ANY gun in FFX County, with or without a suppressor.

Posted by: But I Have 25 Plus Acers ()
Date: May 23, 2020 06:11PM

And a police dept permit sucker, jus for shot gunning with my 20 gauge sweet Remington model 1100 on some trap targets now and then

DAJAX

Posted by: opidfj ()
Date: May 23, 2020 06:53PM

> Under the upcoming changes, can FFX prohibit
> supressors permitted under federal law? What if
> they're already possessed by owners? A buddy has
> several $K invested in some and I know you can't
> just sell face-to-face in the WalMart lot.

help ffu - shut your trap

shotguns are not silent

Posted by: W. FFX ()
Date: May 23, 2020 08:07PM

Dirty Harry Wrote:
> It's illegal to shoot ANY gun in FFX County, with
> or without a suppressor.

Shooting ranges, both private and public, exist in Fairfax County dumbass. And if you own 10 acres of land you can shoot on your own property.

Posted by: Here's A Little Secret ()
Date: May 23, 2020 09:53PM

Dirty Harry Wrote:
> It's illegal to shoot ANY gun in FFX County, with
> or without a suppressor.

Suppressor + .22 Sub-Sonic Rounds = No Problem

Like I said, I pop foxes, groundhogs and squirrels in my suburban subdivision all the time. We back into a small patch of woods and as long as they keep coming, I'll be entertained. I keep hoping the neighborhood Karen lets her chihuahua get loose and I'll put one into that yappy little shit.

Posted by: Not In Fairfax County ()
Date: May 23, 2020 10:28PM

> And if you own 10 acres of land you can shoot on your own property.

Yes illegally you could

You would have to join in with other consenting land owners in the parts of Fairfax county where you can shoot to have a "parcel" of land of 20 acers to shoot . Then no shotgun slugs no rifles or hand guns of more then 22lr but you can build your own $$$ indoor range with a police check when its done but the environmental rules will kill you first unless your pockets are very very deep . If they are why fool with it when you can ride in your chauffeured limo to a marina and take your 45 ft go fast boat to you northern neck property where you can shoot or go to your farm and have dinner at the Lil Inn On The Hill that evening in style

DAJAX That can change with the way the wind blows in todays Fairfax County

Wait until July 1st and lets see what gun laws or bans Democrats come up with since the state gave them that power in the spring . It takes effect July 1st then forget Covid 19 and people out of work . Dems will be foaming at the gun control mouth even though there's no reason to go full bizarre trying to fix what's not broken endangering even more innocent people

Time for Democrat wish list gun law thread ...

Posted by: Sometimes you spend more ()
Date: May 23, 2020 10:51PM

look at gunbroker Wrote:
> Their trying to get far more for a 1100 shotgun ,
> they always have some of the highest prices I have
> got better deals at clark bros and sharpshooters

I have been offered well over that for my primary shotgun in its current condition. If you were someone just looking for a 12 gauge to hunt or shoot clays with, you'd be a fool to pay what my shotgun is worth. Just like some kid just looking for a car to get to and from school, work and dates in this area would be a fool to go out and buy an antique or high performance automobile.

Here's A Little Secret, no you don't. In half the neighborhoods in this area going outside to shoot a BB gun would result in calls to the police. If you were doing it, it would be at night when you couldn't be seen, and the last thing you'd want is to risk having the neighborhood Karen find you out.

Posted by: Here's A Little Secret ()
Date: May 24, 2020 11:25PM

Sometimes you spend more Wrote:
> Here's A Little Secret, no you don't. In half the
> neighborhoods in this area going outside to shoot
> a BB gun would result in calls to the police. If
> you were doing it, it would be at night when you
> couldn't be seen, and the last thing you'd want is
> to risk having the neighborhood Karen find you
> out.

Most have been around dusk as the animals come out, but a few have been in the mornings and squirrels during the day as they're raiding the bird feeders. Again, no problems. .22s don't make much noise, even in Fairfax.

Posted by: Fk the redcoats ()
Date: May 25, 2020 04:29AM

The crooked politicians have no authority to break the constitution and tell me how to live my life. We started as a nation that killed the redcoats. That was breaking the law. Please dont lecture people about "Breaking the law' When these spineless pussy politicians make un constitutional laws.

I'd be right next to Paul Revere shooting redcoats and stabbing the wounded British to death. That's what America stands for. You pussies

Posted by: Fk the redcoats ()
Date: May 25, 2020 04:29AM

The crooked politicians have no authority to break the constitution and tell me how to live my life. We started as a nation that killed the redcoats. That was breaking the law. Please dont lecture people about "Breaking the law' When these spineless pussy politicians make un constitutional laws.

I'd be right next to Paul Revere shooting redcoats and stabbing the wounded British to death. That's what America stands for. You pussies

Posted by: Serious Question ()
Date: May 25, 2020 10:45AM

I have one in jail. What if the shop holding it goes out of business before I'm approved? Second question: What if VA or FFX were to pass a law banning before I take possession?

Posted by: Serious Answer ()
Date: May 25, 2020 04:59PM

If your in jail that long your ATF application for a class III tax stamp will be rubber stamped in large letters

DENIED DUE TO CRIMINAL HISTORY

Posted by: Spell It Out ...Get It Straight ()
Date: May 25, 2020 05:08PM

Jail ?? California State Prison San Quentin is not a jail son , your in for a felony . Fast Terry can't help you he's not the Governor of California but the retard that is may be giving you a real deal for a (D) vote

Posted by: Serious Question ()
Date: May 25, 2020 09:15PM

Serious Answer Wrote:
> If your in jail that long your ATF application for
> a class III tax stamp will be rubber stamped in
> large letters
>
> DENIED DUE TO CRIMINAL HISTORY

OK, obviously you're a product of FCPS. Another idiot on the loose.

The term "in jail" when used in reference to suppressors means being held by the FFL until ATF issues approval.

Can someone with more than one brain cell provide an answer?

Posted by: The Man Who Knows ()
Date: May 25, 2020 10:35PM

Already answered your question earlier in this thread

>Posted by: Greentop & Sharpshooters ()
Date: May 21, 2020 01:12PM

Sell class 3 suppressors , if yours is federally legally registered you will have the class III paperwork and your tax stamp , you present your paperwork and tax stamp to the class III dealer , they take possession of the suppressor, and they sell it to a person who gets the class III registration from the ATF and transfer the suppressor to the new owner when their 200 dollar tax stamp and paperwork arrives in about 90 days

Man I cant see what your trying to say ..>"There lies the problem, you have to find a dealer who trusts both you, the seller, and the buyer"

Either your suppressor is federally legal with your tax stamp and paperwork or its not .The same with the buyer and their tax stamp and paperwork . If its not no class III dealer will touch it or sell it to a person without the proper paperwork and tax stamp , as far as going out of business the suppressor is yours until its sold , the dealer simply has legal possession of it not you until its sold and you can get it back by going to court if there stores stock has been raided and confiscated for unlawful acts the same as any other consignment sale of a firearm , or you can get it back if you change your mind on the sale bringing your paperwork and tax stamp back to the dealer to have it transferred back to you with any fees they may charge on your dime for their efforts DAJAX

Remember every legal movement of a firearm between a FFL dealer and anywhere the firearm goes is called a transfer with records kept by all FFL dealers gunsmiths and manufacturers of who what where and why and dates in their records in and out for ATF inspection and that even includes firearms withdrawn from a FFL's business inventory for their personal use

I will add to DAJAX's explanation : if the suppressor is confiscated you can get it back by going to court but if its evidence in a case that could be years plus legal fees can be far more then a suppressor is worth

Posted by: Looking to Shoot ()
Date: May 26, 2020 08:54AM

Just got the approval notice and waiting to pickup. What local ranges, once they open, permit suppressors? Indoor or outdoor? Do I need to carry my paperwork with the suppressor?

Is it legal to find empty space in which to shoot in national parks and forests as it is with BLM land out west? If, any complications with NFA items?

Posted by: EML ()
Date: May 26, 2020 02:29PM

"as far as going out of business the suppressor is yours until its sold , the dealer simply has legal possession of it not you until its sold and you can get it back by going to court if there stores stock has been raided and confiscated for unlawful acts the same as any other consignment sale of a firearm , or you can get it back if you change your mind on the sale"

It is not that simple.

There are very specific rules governing priorities of claims against property in the possession of merchants. The legal owner of an item placed in the possession of a merchant for resale can lose priority to other claimants against the merchant. Even if the owner has priority as to the items themselves, if the item is sold the owner may not have priority as to the sales proceeds against other claimants against the merchant. If it is extremely valuable property you may want to look into security interest law relating to consignments under the Uniform Commercial Code.

If property is seized by the government the burden of proof is on the person seeking to claim that property. Depending on the state and the type of seizure merely proving ownership by a preponderance of the evidence is not enough. The claimant may also be required to prove complete ignorance of the illegal activity. Even when this isn't in dispute, the government may be entitled to retain possession of the property if it is needed as evidence in an ongoing criminal prosecution.

Posted by: No Its Not Simple With Class III ()
Date: May 26, 2020 11:53PM

>Even when this isn't in dispute, the government may be entitled to retain possession of the property if it is needed as evidence in an ongoing criminal prosecution.

Yes that's been covered

>I will add to DAJAX's explanation : if the suppressor is confiscated you can get it back by going to court but if its evidence in a case that could be years plus legal fees can be far more then a suppressor is worth

>Do I need to carry my paperwork with the suppressor?

Yes you must carry the ATF registration with the tax stamp affixed everywhere you possess the suppressor for inspection by law enforcement if they should ask the same as any class III firearm. When the suppressor is at your home or business or anywhere the ATF registration with tax stamp affixed must be present at that location . If the ATF registration is not present with the tax stamp affixed the suppressor may be confiscated by law enforcement and then you will have to deal with getting it back by going to court which means money . If the law enforcement officer is federal yes they will take it without the ATF registration with tax stamp affixed being present where the suppressor is found

DAJAX Class III toys can be a PITA and very expensive fun

Posted by: My Understanding Is ()
Date: May 27, 2020 11:58AM

Only an ATF agent, after presenting ID identifying himself as such, can demand to see validating paperwork for an NFA item. Local Barnies cannot, unless there is a clear and present threat posed by the item. Local Barnies are really full of themselves, and I'm not saying they won't demand to see paperwork, attempt to seize the device, arrest you, but in truth unless there are pressing circumstances they lack the authority to do so. It'll play out in court, but that involves a lot of $$$. And no skin off of their nose when they lose.
Attachments:
Barn.jpg

Posted by: In Virginia ()
Date: May 27, 2020 04:05PM

All class III firearms that are " machine guns" or capable of full auto fire must be registered with the Virginia State Police within 24 hours of being brought into Virginia, this currently does not apply to suppressors.

Yes any Virginia law enforcement officer can ask to see any firearm to check it to see if it is a full auto that it is registered with the VSP as well as to check to see if the firearm is loaded or has loaded magazines in the vicinity of the firearm , if the firearm is not at a range ,place of business or upon private property, that it is in a public place such as when traveling by vehicle or anywhere in public.

If the full auto firearm is loaded or has loaded magazines in the vinicity of the person ie : in the cars trunk , the person possessing the firearm will be subject to arrest on the spot and the firearm confiscated, that's all in the code of Virginia under " possession of machine guns"

If there is no federal paperwork with the tax stamp affixed present they will at least take the firearm and notify federal law enforcement who normally will be ATF FBI or U.S. Marshals

DAJAX

Posted by: MoSum ()
Date: May 27, 2020 04:18PM

I keep my gun, like my wife, suppressed. I know it’s against the law but one nags and the other is too loud. But I do love my guns.

Posted by: Details, Details ()
Date: May 27, 2020 05:34PM

In Virginia Wrote:
> If there is no federal paperwork with the tax
> stamp affixed present they will at least take the
> firearm and notify federal law enforcement who
> normally will be ATF FBI or U.S. Marshals

Copies suffice? Or a scan/pdf on a phone?

On the loaded mags, for my semiautos I typically carry 15 loaded 30-rnd mags in my separate & locked range box. I really don't want to spend range time reloading mags. Are you saying the same cannot apply to a full auto - if kept in a separate locked box within the same vehicle?

Posted by: What Are You Packing? ()
Date: May 27, 2020 10:45PM

Both are for pussies but the first one attracts more attention and shoots a potent load. No suppression required.
Attachments:
6D17BF04-B2A4-491C-8F15-5EC12FCE2EDE.jpeg
0C29C899-C038-47BA-BA1D-09CED7D35C8B.jpeg

Posted by: Faggots Arise ()
Date: May 27, 2020 11:13PM

What Are You Packing? Wrote:
> Both are for pussies but the first one attracts
> more attention and shoots a potent load. No
> suppression required.

Well, as usual, a good thread gets going with lots of useful information and the leftists/soyboys can't deal with it so they post gay porn. Funny how they seem to have so much of it available.

Posted by: Goddamn Faggots ()
Date: May 28, 2020 12:44AM

Faggots Arise Wrote:
> What Are You Packing? Wrote:
> -----
> > Both are for pussies but the first one attracts
> > more attention and shoots a potent load. No
> > suppression required.
>
> Well, as usual, a good thread gets going with lots
> of useful information and the leftists/soyboys
> can't deal with it so they post gay porn. Funny
> how they seem to have so much of it available.

Just for you, Faggots Arise. Stay healthy and pack tight!
Attachments:
9CAB5F4D-3E4A-464D-ADB0-D0935A0850B2.jpeg
8AD6F659-636A-4054-861D-694ECBF210FC.jpeg
BBC0C02B-DD71-438B-AD30-8BDF50BDFB46.jpeg
3D59A2C3-968E-486D-9F23-D5A107374848.jpeg

Posted by: I Want A New Gun! ()
Date: May 28, 2020 07:04AM

Why don’t Gun stores carry one of these? Definitely not concealable or suppressible. Even my wife would love to feel the power when it shoots.
Attachments:
4A22E131-F43F-4041-B029-341752D06D6D.gif

Posted by: mine’s harder ()
Date: May 28, 2020 07:35AM

At least mine makes a bang sound. Ok, a pop.
Attachments:
20C99B84-154A-49EF-B593-8C20E1220D51.jpeg

Posted by: Are All Your Sisters Like This? ()
Date: May 28, 2020 11:38AM

Goddamn Faggots Wrote:
> Just for you, Faggots Arise. Stay healthy and pack
> tight!

What are you trying to say in posting pictures of your sister here? I see you support her by standing there taking photos while she entertains her friend.

Can we get back on topic?

Posted by: So You're A Sword Swallower ()
Date: May 28, 2020 11:39AM

I Want A New Gun! Wrote:
> Why don’t Gun stores carry one of these?
> Definitely not concealable or suppressible. Even
> my wife would love to feel the power when it
> shoots.

You seem to have a lot of gay port from which to post.

Posted by: Posting Tough Ain’t Walking Toug ()
Date: May 28, 2020 05:34PM

Are All Your Sisters Like This? Wrote:
> Goddamn Faggots Wrote:
> -----
> > Just for you, Faggots Arise. Stay healthy and
> pack
> > tight!
>
> What are you trying to say in posting pictures of
> your sister here? I see you support her by
> standing there taking photos while she entertains
> her friend.
>
> Can we get back on topic?

Join the military, chickenshit.

Posted by: Was That Your Sister In The Pics ()
Date: May 28, 2020 05:52PM

Posting Tough Ain’t Walking Toug Wrote:
> Join the military, chickenshit.

Don't need to. This is the USA.

Posted by: You Want Suppression? ()
Date: May 29, 2020 06:59AM

This is the USA where you can own a gun, fuck your sister and take pride that you don’t have to serve your country.
God Bless America and Donald Trump!
Oh yea, for the politically correct, that’s my second cousin who I can legally marry. Hoorah!
Attachments:
EDB75CDD-33B3-4836-B0FB-82567D47427A.jpeg

Posted by: I will not be suppressed! ()
Date: May 30, 2020 10:34PM

I’m a lifelong member of the NRA, own more than my share of guns, love President Donals Trump and lust for my sister even if she married a black negro.
Praise be to God for allowing me to have a house, truck and a wife who weights less than 170 lbs. My kids, like me only have been convicted of misdemeanors so far.

Posted by: “I Can’t Breath” ()
Date: May 31, 2020 05:00PM

No More Suppression!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.