HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Teffd18777 ()
Date: April 14, 2010 05:25PM

Lets unleash the fury. Cup here we come.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: April 14, 2010 05:27PM

I'm with ya! CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 14, 2010 05:28PM

You know the Capitals are a Washington team, right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: April 14, 2010 06:05PM

Woohoo, I'm making lots of $$$ off of my playoff tickets!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Date: April 14, 2010 07:13PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You know the Capitals are a Washington team,
> right?

How do you say "choke" in Russian?

I wish them well. But I won't even think about the Stanley Cup until they are in the Finals.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: April 14, 2010 08:51PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Johnny Walker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You know the Capitals are a Washington team,
> > right?
>
> How do you say "choke" in Russian?
>
> I wish them well. But I won't even think about the
> Stanley Cup until they are in the Finals.


I've been burned by them year after year for over 20 years. I won't even think about it until the Stanley Cup is on parade downtown. I think they can do it, but you know their M.O during the postseason.

__________________________________
That's not a ladybug, that's a cannapiller.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: TEFd187777777 ()
Date: April 17, 2010 09:21PM

How many of you fair weather fans turned your tv's off?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Date: April 17, 2010 10:00PM

Man, that was fucking ugly. I can't believe they pulled it off after being down 4-1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: April 17, 2010 10:15PM

Poor Jose Theodore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Date: April 17, 2010 10:21PM

Eastsider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Poor Jose Theodore.


He's been great this season, but he was definitely off tonight. I think Boudreau learned his lesson from Game 7 against the Penguins last year. If the goalie isn't doing the job, pull him early. Don't wait until you are so far in the hole you can't dig out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: chokerz ()
Date: April 17, 2010 10:43PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Man, that was fucking ugly. I can't believe they
> pulled it off after being down 4-1.


The Caps are not a good playoff team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: April 17, 2010 10:43PM

What a fucking game!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: ha ()
Date: April 18, 2010 08:32AM

Heart attack city. I can't believe they pulled it off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Date: April 18, 2010 09:18AM

chokerz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Man, that was fucking ugly. I can't believe
> they
> > pulled it off after being down 4-1.
>
>
> The Caps are not a good playoff team.


They've actually had a lot of games like this in the regular season. It's just more intense when they do it in the post season. Their defense is a little better than last year, but still suspect. And you can't put it all on the goalie. The defensemen simply don't block enough shots.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: loveTheo ()
Date: April 18, 2010 09:43AM

wonder when Theo will be put back in the nets.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: April 18, 2010 10:31AM

loveTheo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wonder when Theo will be put back in the nets.


Next season.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: April 19, 2010 04:32PM

Yep. Varly gets the start tonight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: letsgoflyers ()
Date: April 19, 2010 05:28PM

I remember the days when I used to be able to go see the Flyers pummel your little hockey team for $15, sitting downstairs with room on all sides of me.

That time was way back in the magical land of 2007. So many memories.

So many fair weather, crap-ass, gimmicky fans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: April 19, 2010 06:55PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> They've actually had a lot of games like this in
> the regular season. It's just more intense when
> they do it in the post season. Their defense is a
> little better than last year, but still suspect.
> And you can't put it all on the goalie. The
> defensemen simply don't block enough shots.


They need a serious net presence defenseman other than Erskine.

__________________________________
That's not a ladybug, that's a cannapiller.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Date: April 19, 2010 11:13PM

The CAPS finally played up to their record tonight. Hopefully this broke the back of the Habs and the CAPS can finish up in 5 or 6 games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Doesn't Matter ()
Date: April 19, 2010 11:19PM

letsgoflyers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember the days when I used to be able to go
> see the Flyers pummel your little hockey team for
> $15, sitting downstairs with room on all sides of
> me.
>
> That time was way back in the magical land of
> 2007. So many memories.
>
> So many fair weather, crap-ass, gimmicky fans.

Hey ummm... What was I going to say?... Oh yeah, FUCK YOU CUNT!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: teffd187 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 02:56AM

Oh yeaaaa, caps baby. I will say that goal-tending is thier weakness, but i have a lot of confidence in gnarly Varly. The playoff webs have been shaken/shooken off, the Caps are boss.Going out like that on the road is a good sign. My only question is, what will OV do with the cup when it is his day????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 20, 2010 07:23AM

Doesn't Matter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> letsgoflyers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I remember the days when I used to be able to
> go
> > see the Flyers pummel your little hockey team
> for
> > $15, sitting downstairs with room on all sides
> of
> > me.
> >
> > That time was way back in the magical land of
> > 2007. So many memories.
> >
> > So many fair weather, crap-ass, gimmicky fans.
>
> Hey ummm... What was I going to say?... Oh yeah,
> FUCK YOU CUNT!


fuck philly! fuck the city, fuck the sports teams, fuck the fans, fuck the people in general and FUCK PHILLY TRANSPLANTS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: letsgoflyers ()
Date: April 20, 2010 10:49AM

Hey, your team wouldn't have been drawing a gate for like 10 years if it wasn't for opposing teams' fans. In essence, us "transplants" kept your precious little franchise in DC.

You sorry-ass DC fans certainly weren't coming out in droves until two seasons ago when...oh right, game 7, Joffrey Lupul, overtime winner.



Oh, and then there was game 7 last season against Cindy Crosby. I remember seeing teary eyes coming off the metro ROCKIN THE RED and/or HAWK (dumb gimmicks) and figured the game was over. BUT NO. It was the middle of the second period! I mean, a 4-goal lead is quite daunting, but it's the playoffs, you assholes.

tl;dr - I hate the Capitals and their shitty, fair weather fans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 20, 2010 11:12AM

letsgoflyers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, your team wouldn't have been drawing a gate
> for like 10 years if it wasn't for opposing teams'
> fans. In essence, us "transplants" kept your
> precious little franchise in DC.

I call bullshit and I raise you tacos.
Attachments:
tacos.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: city of brotherly love? ()
Date: April 20, 2010 11:17AM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doesn't Matter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > letsgoflyers Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > I remember the days when I used to be able to
> > go
> > > see the Flyers pummel your little hockey team
> > for
> > > $15, sitting downstairs with room on all
> sides
> > of
> > > me.
> > >
> > > That time was way back in the magical land of
> > > 2007. So many memories.
> > >
> > > So many fair weather, crap-ass, gimmicky
> fans.
> >
> > Hey ummm... What was I going to say?... Oh
> yeah,
> > FUCK YOU CUNT!
>
>
> fuck philly! fuck the city, fuck the sports teams,
> fuck the fans, fuck the people in general and FUCK
> PHILLY TRANSPLANTS!


themeeper claims Philly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 20, 2010 11:23AM

Sorry, meeper...principle. You understand.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 20, 2010 11:25AM

I'm an Eagles fan, not a Flyers fan. I root for the Caps/Nats/Wiz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Rolled Goaled ()
Date: April 20, 2010 11:27AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eastsider Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Poor Jose Theodore.
>
>
> He's been great this season, but he was definitely
> off tonight. I think Boudreau learned his lesson
> from Game 7 against the Penguins last year. If the
> goalie isn't doing the job, pull him early. Don't
> wait until you are so far in the hole you can't
> dig out.

They replaced him with Pretzel Boy.

.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: letsgoflyers ()
Date: April 20, 2010 11:28AM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> letsgoflyers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hey, your team wouldn't have been drawing a
> gate
> > for like 10 years if it wasn't for opposing
> teams'
> > fans. In essence, us "transplants" kept your
> > precious little franchise in DC.
>
> I call bullshit and I raise you tacos.

Ok, sorry I didn't take into consideration that one year where they made the run to the finals. So, aside from 97-98...yeah. What I said.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 20, 2010 11:31AM

letsgoflyers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> > I call bullshit and I raise you tacos.
>
> Ok, sorry I didn't take into consideration that
> one year where they made the run to the finals.
> So, aside from 97-98...yeah. What I said.


For your repentance, I shall let thee live.
Attachments:
thumbsup.gif

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Date: April 20, 2010 11:33AM

Rolled Goaled Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Eastsider Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Poor Jose Theodore.
> >
> >
> > He's been great this season, but he was
> definitely
> > off tonight. I think Boudreau learned his
> lesson
> > from Game 7 against the Penguins last year. If
> the
> > goalie isn't doing the job, pull him early.
> Don't
> > wait until you are so far in the hole you can't
> > dig out.
>
> They replaced him with Pretzel Boy.
>
> .
>

Why did they have a fat guy advertising fat-free pretzels?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Sweeney Todd ()
Date: April 20, 2010 11:57AM

I have this sneaking suspicion that if a giant asteroid turned Philadelphia into a big, smoking hole, nobody else on the planet would really care.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 20, 2010 11:58AM

Pittsburg would care. They're next in line as most popular city in PA. They'd be thrilled!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Date: April 20, 2010 11:58AM

Sweeney Todd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have this sneaking suspicion that if a giant
> asteroid turned Philadelphia into a big, smoking
> hole, nobody else on the planet would really care.


Philadelphia is New York as envisioned by the people of New Jersey.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: On the Rocks ()
Date: April 20, 2010 12:03PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sweeney Todd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have this sneaking suspicion that if a giant
> > asteroid turned Philadelphia into a big,
> smoking
> > hole, nobody else on the planet would really
> care.
>
>
> Philadelphia is New York as envisioned by the
> people of New Jersey.

Well, you know it is a shitty city when this is the best thing to come out of it.....

.
mannequin Pictures, Images and Photos

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 20, 2010 12:07PM

On the Rocks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sweeney Todd Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > I have this sneaking suspicion that if a
> giant
> > > asteroid turned Philadelphia into a big,
> > smoking
> > > hole, nobody else on the planet would really
> > care.
> >
> >
> > Philadelphia is New York as envisioned by the
> > people of New Jersey.
>
> Well, you know it is a shitty city when this is
> the best thing to come out of it.....
>
> .
>
Attachments:
mannequin-movie-2.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: April 20, 2010 12:13PM

!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 12:15AM by inkahootz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: average philly fan ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:45AM

Anyone else see this piece of shit? From Jersey, in Philly, go figure.

Fuck Philly and everyone from there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5098407

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: April 21, 2010 09:48AM

JOSE THREEORMORE!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: letsgoflyers ()
Date: April 21, 2010 10:07AM

average philly fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone else see this piece of shit? From Jersey,
> in Philly, go figure.
>
> Fuck Philly and everyone from there.
>
> http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=509840
> 7

Yeah but lets not focus on the PHILLY FANS around him who pulled him off the girl and held him down until the police got there. Oh, and gave him that nice black eye because he was being a dickhole.

Or the organization, that gave them a limo to a game along with tickets and signed memorabilia.

Lets focus on the one asshole who did something despicable.

This wouldn't have been news if it happened anywhere else but Philly. And if you believe it doesn't you really need to get your head out of your ass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: love the philly fans ()
Date: April 21, 2010 11:02AM

Let's not be all hate'n on philly fans, they are a very passionate and knowledgeable group of sports fans. Take for instance, their lusty booing of the Eagles selection of Donovan McNabb as the first round pick of the '99 draft.

Think of how many championships the Eagles would have won had if the team's management had listened to the wisdom of their fans and drafted Ricky Williams instead. From the snowball fights, the booing of santa clause and the cheering of Michael Irvin's near paralyzation, the list goes on and on of the great moments acheived by Philly sports fans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Sweeney Todd ()
Date: April 21, 2010 11:20AM

How about this gem: "Malicious Phillies fans flashed a laser pointer into the face of Cardinals hitters Saturday, trying to distract them– or worse. After the game, a man was beaten to death outside Citizens Bank Park."

http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzone/tipsheet/tipsheet/2009/07/adam-kennedy-gritty-team-leader/

And my kid wonders why we've never been to see the Liberty Bell...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: letsgoflyers ()
Date: April 21, 2010 11:56AM

love the philly fans Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's not be all hate'n on philly fans, they are a
> very passionate and knowledgeable group of sports
> fans. Take for instance, their lusty booing of
> the Eagles selection of Donovan McNabb as the
> first round pick of the '99 draft.
>
> Think of how many championships the Eagles would
> have won had if the team's management had listened
> to the wisdom of their fans and drafted Ricky
> Williams instead. From the snowball fights, the
> booing of santa clause and the cheering of Michael
> Irvin's near paralyzation, the list goes on and on
> of the great moments acheived by Philly sports
> fans.


Let's talk about this, shall we?

Knowledgeable fans is correct. The KNOWLEDGEABLE fan would have known in 99 that Ricky Williams had just set all sorts of NCAA rushing records the previous 3 years. Ricky Williams was going to be the next big thing in the NFL based on everyone's estimations and assumptions. Their running backs (Charlie Garner and Deuce Staley) had amounted to a big pile of nothing the previous two years. Sure, Rodney Peete wasn't exactly Joe Montana, but to add a guy who was a believed legitimate 1000-yard rookie rusher to the mix would have ANY TEAM salivating.

How was anyone at that point supposed to know Ricky loved pot more than football? There were no character issues with the guy. Instead, you pick a guy out of Syracuse, whose football team hadn't won anything since Joe Paterno first got eyeglasses. Nobody knew the quarterback Donovan McNabb would become. And don't start defending him now because he's one of yours.

The snowball fights - get over yourself. This happens (and is documented) EVERY SEASON in numerous cities. Type that shit into Google.

Santa Claus - THIS HAPPENED IN 1968. NINETEEN SIXTY-EIGHT. This is the story everyone "knows" but doesn't, really. The Eagles were 2-11. It was the last week of the season. Had they lost the previous week, it would have helped them lock up the top spot in the next season's draft and been able to draft OJ Simpson, who everyone knew was going first in 1969. Instead they won a meaningless game, much to the chagrin of the fans. The ownership the year previous had dismantled a team, including trading Sonny Jurgenson (ooh a name you all recognize) to this piss-poor joke of a sports city for NORM SNEAD who became the starter. At halftime there was supposed to be a Christmas pageant, complete with Santa Claus. There was a big snowstorm that day, and the planned Santa couldn't make it. Instead of canceling it all together, they trotted out there a 19-year-old kid in a half-assed Santa suit. What's going to happen? This has nothing to do with the fans being from Philadelphia and everything to do with shitty management making shitty decisions on an otherwise respectable franchise at that point (they had just won the NFL Championship in 1960, keep in mind). How is this any different than you assfaces showing up to Redskins games with bags on your heads?

And Michael Irvin was a drug addicted thug scumbag. I won't make any excuses for that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: letsgoflyers ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:01PM

Sweeney Todd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about this gem: "Malicious Phillies fans
> flashed a laser pointer into the face of Cardinals
> hitters Saturday, trying to distract them– or
> worse. After the game, a man was beaten to death
> outside Citizens Bank Park."
>
> http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzone/tipsheet/tip
> sheet/2009/07/adam-kennedy-gritty-team-leader/
>
> And my kid wonders why we've never been to see the
> Liberty Bell...


But I'm sure you'll take him to downtown Washington DC, which is all just peaches and cream.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:02PM

The touchier people are about their city, the shittier it is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: letsgoflyers ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:05PM

You say I'm being touchy, I say you're all ignorant. Whatever floats your boat, man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:06PM

I'm not naming any names. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:10PM

We all need to give letsgoflyers a break. He had a tough upbringing. He was born and raised in West Philly. He spent most of his days chilling out max and relaxing all cool on the playground. But there were a couple of guys who were up to no good. They started making trouble in his neighborhood. He ran into them outside of the school while playing b-ball. His being a transplant from Philly is the result of his mother's fear after he got into one little fight with the aforementioned trouble makers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:17PM

It's all just alot of hype. The people that booed McNabb at the draft were a group organized by Angelo Cataldi, a sports DJ on WIP in Philly. It was sort of a radio stunt, not an entire fanbase booing.

And I was at the game when Michael Irvin went down. I didn't hear or see anyone cheering, other than typical crowd noise. I'm sure the television mics picked it up somewhere in the stadium and amplified it on TV, but it wasn't like the whole Vet, or even a majority of people, cheered. I didn't even notice a thing during that incident until a few days later when the press made a big deal about it.

And the snowballs/Santa thing? That happened before the Vet was even built- sorta irrelevant nowadays.

I'm not saying Eagle fans are saints. I was a season ticket holder at the Vet and have seen some ridiculous assholish behavior. But the incidents you mention, it's alot of hype. Hype that the fans up there love to revel in.


love the philly fans Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's not be all hate'n on philly fans, they are a
> very passionate and knowledgeable group of sports
> fans. Take for instance, their lusty booing of
> the Eagles selection of Donovan McNabb as the
> first round pick of the '99 draft.
>
> Think of how many championships the Eagles would
> have won had if the team's management had listened
> to the wisdom of their fans and drafted Ricky
> Williams instead. From the snowball fights, the
> booing of santa clause and the cheering of Michael
> Irvin's near paralyzation, the list goes on and on
> of the great moments acheived by Philly sports
> fans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: hockeyfan ()
Date: April 21, 2010 10:27PM

Even if they make it to the Stanley Cup finals, lets not forget what happened last time. They lost all 4 games to the Redwings. They might make it to the finals, but they will choke again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: teffd187 ()
Date: April 22, 2010 04:53AM

do you realize ov is getting his penis sucked by a a canadian right now????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Fellacio ()
Date: April 22, 2010 10:29AM

I bet that Canadian is Sydney Crosby!

He has been blowing Mario Lemieux for years.

He must be good at it-with those big lipstick encrusted lips.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Date: April 22, 2010 11:07AM

hockeyfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even if they make it to the Stanley Cup finals,
> lets not forget what happened last time. They lost
> all 4 games to the Redwings. They might make it to
> the finals, but they will choke again.


Only one OT goal kept this series against Montreal from being a sweep by this point. The Caps may not win the Stanley Cup, but it won't be because of a sweep or a choke.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: April 22, 2010 03:59PM

Fact: Philthy fans are the worst in all of sports, period.

That is all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: correction ()
Date: April 22, 2010 04:15PM

It is C-A-P-P-S CAPPS CAPPS CAPPS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: letsgoflyers ()
Date: April 22, 2010 04:52PM

More Complete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fact: Philthy fans are the worst in all of sports,
> period.
>
> That is all.

I see what you did there. With the ph-. And the filthy.

Clever.

No matter what anyone (ESPECIALLY DC sports fans) say about us Philly fans, at least we're loyal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: ConcernedCapsfan ()
Date: April 26, 2010 08:34AM

Where's Alexander Semin?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: tEFD18777 ()
Date: April 26, 2010 07:44PM

Where is our power play?wtf

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: REDSKIN ()
Date: April 26, 2010 07:58PM

Are you sure the Redskins are not behind those masks..... The Caps look like the skins they suck!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: sucks ()
Date: April 26, 2010 08:04PM

They are going to choke cough cough cough...........

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Holy Shit! ()
Date: April 26, 2010 09:41PM

And that's it. I have no doubt now that the Capitals will be beaten on Wednesday. They have been thoroughly outplayed just about every game, and now are being outcoached too.

The Capitals are George Bush and the playoffs are a pretzel. The two get together and choking is inevitable!

Choking, it's a Capitals tradition.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Date: April 26, 2010 10:13PM

The Capitals need to do what they should have done after last season's loss. Get guys on defense who block shots instead of trying to make them all of the time. And Semin needs to go. This is the second season he has totally disappeared during the playoffs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: bedwj ()
Date: April 26, 2010 10:21PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Semin needs to go. This is the second season he has
> totally disappeared during the playoffs.

Wait, Semin's not gone yet? Could have fooled me. I haven't seen him yet in the postseason!

You know, a lot of people are saying "C'mon, Halak blocked 53 shots! We were beaten by a hot goalie" but if you look at those shots, you'd realize that a freaking cardboard cutout of a bikini model could have stopped them - right to the chest time and time again. You have to shoot it a lot harder to get it through a goalie's chest, but I don't think the NHL allows firearms onto the ice...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Kapz Suk ()
Date: April 26, 2010 10:24PM

I'm really getting frustrated with this team. They have no heart or grit. We got our asses kicked tonight and we deserve to lose the series.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Tefddd187 ()
Date: April 26, 2010 10:27PM

Gotta give props to Jaroslav Halak, but the caps played like ass. How they play on Wednesday will say a lot. Semin took a lot of good shots tonight, Halak just blocked all of them. It was Halak's night.A lot of New Yorker's said that about A-Rod, and he was chilling up at 1600 PA Avenue recently.na imean.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 26, 2010 10:31PM

Kapz Suk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm really getting frustrated with this team. They
> have no heart or grit. We got our asses kicked
> tonight and we deserve to lose the series.


I think they got it in their heads that this was "their year" and they almost expected to just be able to sail through at least the first round. You'd think they would have gotten over that by now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: April 26, 2010 11:50PM

Tonight was just shameful. The Caps out-shot them like, 4 to 1, and couldn't do anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: tefdd18777 ()
Date: April 27, 2010 12:12AM

Fucking Poti's face must hurt like shit, hopefully he got hooked up by the training staff.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Tiredofchoking ()
Date: April 27, 2010 06:32AM

Why do they always go to Game 7?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: where is rod langway? ()
Date: April 27, 2010 08:58AM

It is now clear that George McPhee is not the brilliant GM that he is often claimed to be. His drafting has not been stellar overall. (Ovie fell into his lap. as did Backstrom). They needed another Rod Langway but instead they got Corvo. Corvo and Green are not defensemen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 27, 2010 09:04AM

Their timing was way off yesterday. None of the passes were getting to the right people at the right time, they were botching wristers 5 feet infront of the net, allowing too many turn-overs at center ice...just an awful showing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Date: April 27, 2010 09:24AM

where is rod langway? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is now clear that George McPhee is not the
> brilliant GM that he is often claimed to be. His
> drafting has not been stellar overall. (Ovie fell
> into his lap. as did Backstrom). They needed
> another Rod Langway but instead they got Corvo.
> Corvo and Green are not defensemen.

I think McPhee has assembled a great team. The only problem is the defensemen, which he ignored last year to the team's detriment.

At the same time, look at the defensive schemes Boudreau is running. When do you see three or four Caps fall back when the puck switches possession? It almost never happens. I would say at least a fifth of the shots against Varley resemble a fucking shoot-out with him going one-on-one against the Habs offense. WTF is that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: April 27, 2010 11:11AM

The season series between the Habs and Caps was neck-in-neck so I'm not surprised that it's been this close in terms of going to a game 7. But when you're up 3-1, you need to finish them off. The Caps let them back in and unless they get their shit straight in Game 7, then it's going to be another year of the same playoff impotence I've enjoyed for 20+ years.

The Caps need a few serious stay at home defensemen.

__________________________________
That's not a ladybug, that's a cannapiller.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Dale Hunter ()
Date: April 27, 2010 11:17AM

Warhak- couldn't agree more. The Caps no longer have a scary defender either. I think we need a big goon waiting to destroy anyone dumb enough to come anywhere near the crease. There is a terrible feeling of deja vu going on here

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: where is Rod Langway? ()
Date: April 27, 2010 11:28AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> where is rod langway? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It is now clear that George McPhee is not the
> > brilliant GM that he is often claimed to be.
> His
> > drafting has not been stellar overall. (Ovie
> fell
> > into his lap. as did Backstrom). They needed
> > another Rod Langway but instead they got Corvo.
>
> > Corvo and Green are not defensemen.
>
> I think McPhee has assembled a great team. The
> only problem is the defensemen, which he ignored
> last year to the team's detriment.
>
> At the same time, look at the defensive schemes
> Boudreau is running. When do you see three or four
> Caps fall back when the puck switches possession?
> It almost never happens. I would say at least a
> fifth of the shots against Varley resemble a
> fucking shoot-out with him going one-on-one
> against the Habs offense. WTF is that?


It is not a great team if the defensemen are a problem. As for his drafting, here is a typical example. In 2003 he took Eric Fehr first. Who went next? Ryan Getzlaf. Epic fail. He could have had Mike Ricards or Corey Perry as well.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2003e.html

This happens again and again. The only reason the team is good is that Leonsis told him to blow it up, trade veterans for picks, and start over.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 27, 2010 11:29AM

Warhawk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The season series between the Habs and Caps was
> neck-in-neck so I'm not surprised that it's been
> this close in terms of going to a game 7.


I agree. I've been less worried about the teams that come after than this one for that very reason.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: letsgoflyers ()
Date: April 27, 2010 12:39PM

Wah-wahhhhh. Focus on the task at hand and don't look ahead.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: got to go doodie ()
Date: April 27, 2010 12:56PM

letsgoflyers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wah-wahhhhh. Focus on the task at hand and don't
> look ahead.

letsgoflyers. great name for my next bowel movement. thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: letsgoflyers ()
Date: April 27, 2010 01:00PM

That's not even remotely humorous.

What is humorous, however, is this photo of a pre-bandwagon Capitals game.


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: just did my doodie ()
Date: April 27, 2010 01:07PM

letsgoflyers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's not even remotely humorous.
>
> What is humorous, however, is this photo of a
> pre-bandwagon Capitals game.

It wasn't meant to be humorous. It was serious. I needed to name him and seeing as he smells and looks like shit a Philadelphian was more than fitting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Date: April 27, 2010 01:28PM

I used to go to those pre-bandwagon games. They were fun, cheap to get in to and you could actually get beer and food without waiting half-an-hour.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: April 27, 2010 02:40PM

I've got four tickets for sale for Game 7 if anyone is interested. 2nd row of the upper level.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: question. ()
Date: April 27, 2010 02:51PM

General Lee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've got four tickets for sale for Game 7 if
> anyone is interested. 2nd row of the upper level.


how much?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: April 27, 2010 03:04PM

question. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> General Lee Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've got four tickets for sale for Game 7 if
> > anyone is interested. 2nd row of the upper
> level.
>
>
> how much?

I want to sell all four together. I have them on CL for $125 each. I'll do $115 each.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: April 27, 2010 04:12PM

I'm ready to just get rid of them now - I'll do $95 each. If you pay with PayPal I can e-mail you the tickets.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2010 04:12PM by General Lee.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: LetsGoEggBeaters ()
Date: April 28, 2010 11:04AM

The Flyers are like the slutty girl in high school who did it in the boys bathroom. Sleezy, infected, and brain damaged.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: April 28, 2010 08:51PM

They're gonna break my heart. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: April 28, 2010 09:22PM

C-A-P-S FAIL FAIL FAIL!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: RankTizzo ()
Date: April 28, 2010 09:39PM

Mike Green for the Norris! What a joke

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Date: April 28, 2010 09:47PM

Mother FUcker!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: also ran ()
Date: April 28, 2010 09:50PM

Am I the only one that believes they were looking past their current opponents?

I wasnt really surprised after the Redskins, Wizards and Nationals I am used to being on the losing side. What does it take to bring some kind of respect to DC professional teams?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: H3muX ()
Date: April 28, 2010 09:51PM

I'm a Capitals fan through and through, but if the Olympics didn't settle the argument, tonight did. Crosby > Ovechkin. When the going gets tough, Ovie can't muster the troops for shit.

I'd be surprised if Boudreau remains coach to the end of the week. The Caps got the President's Trophy this year. They were unstoppable. They went up 3 games to 1 and had 3 more chances to finish it. They were completely outcoached. Boods did a great job getting the Caps to this point, but he can't finish the job. 4 game 7s, one win... that's not getting the job done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: seriously? ()
Date: April 28, 2010 09:54PM

How do you fire Boudreau before you let Spermboy and Green go? Semin can't finish a goal that a wheelchair kid could knock home and Green not only sucks on defense, but takes straight retard penalties that led to a goal (and whiffed on the 2nd goal allowed).

We created paper-puppet superstars who didn't show up when it mattered the most. end of story.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Date: April 28, 2010 09:55PM

Nothing's going to happen to Boudreau. McPhee, on the other hand (where the blame rests on not doing shit about Defense in the off-season), that's a different story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Dr. G Reports ()
Date: April 28, 2010 09:56PM

It took a little while, but I finally determined the cause...

THE CAPITALS CHOKED TO DEATH!


Attachments:
e8fe023028a04d50fa2eb8aaa97ca25d.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: W6k7Y ()
Date: April 28, 2010 09:58PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing's going to happen to Boudreau. McPhee, on
> the other hand (where the blame rests on not doing
> shit about Defense in the off-season), that's a
> different story.

It's not McPhee's fault that the Caps couldn't win one of the three chances they had to finish the series. Boudreau was a fucking deer in headlights after game 5.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: GrimReeper ()
Date: May 04, 2010 11:22PM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Their timing was way off yesterday. None of the
> passes were getting to the right people at the
> right time, they were botching wristers 5 feet
> infront of the net, allowing too many turn-overs
> at center ice...just an awful showing.



WOW, great insight. You should go into sports broadcasting. What an idiot. Have you ever watched a hockey game, an NHL game, even strapped on skates and tried to move the puck with a stick. Then STFU you know-it-all dumbass and does nothing but troll this site to make fun of poeple in real pain, or those who have past on from this world prematurely.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS. Playoffs...
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: May 05, 2010 07:15AM

Hey guy -
Attachments:
stfu.jpg
wheel_stfu.jpg
stfu_ask.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********   **    **  **     **  **     **  **     ** 
 **     **   **  **   **     **   **   **   **     ** 
 **     **    ****    **     **    ** **    **     ** 
 **     **     **     *********     ***     ********* 
 **     **     **     **     **    ** **    **     ** 
 **     **     **     **     **   **   **   **     ** 
 ********      **     **     **  **     **  **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.