HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I loaded a Steam Game (a DOS game re-release). Windows 10 no longer sleeps even though i quit the game yesterday. Should I reinstall Windows 10 to fix it ?
Posted by: windows 10 issues ()
Date: April 08, 2020 06:00PM

Steam demands the administrator's password - although steam fans have written emails to Steam Game Inc. to protest it, Steam has deleted complaints on their own site that fans don't believe games deserve to "have complete control of the whole computer and all of a person's personal and bankning information" for the mere privilege of game playing. But each game also demands the administrator password. And all asian hardware drivers also each demand the highest level password.

I consider the machine "toast"

And as to sleeping ... I doubt there is a way to repair it. I'm disappointed because it was in the Win95 days when everything led to a catastrophy and need to re-install

I'm also dis-appointed because MICROSOFT, ASIANS, MONITOR MAKERS, OTHERS were sued for intently using the Energy Star label and intently insuring computers would NOT sleep. They were sued and lost.

It seems they now are back to their old tricks: if you PC isnt' off, asia can use it (spy on the usa using it), you have to pay higher power bills, your equipment overheats and you'll be back to the PC store in no time replacing parts

parts that were SUPPOSED TO BE SLEEPING according to the Energy Star label

so ... wow when you open the package this thing has a screen saver that makes the computer sleep**, and then, once used the product no longer works ??

(but it never sleeps**, it sets a trigger to turn on while your alseep and talk to asian computers at night and or use YOUR paid up network connection to help reduce bandwith cost of Microsoft to run installs on other customer's Win10 machines

- another little fact the sales people don't like discussing)

---------------------------

SO ... my comuter sleeps unless i load a program that runs a simple 2D (low end graphics) game from the 1990's, then even if i quit the program it no longer sleeps ?

what is that all about ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I loaded a Steam Game (a DOS game re-release). Windows 10 no longer sleeps even though i quit the game yesterday. Should I reinstall Windows 10 to fix it ?
Posted by: ueenh ()
Date: April 08, 2020 06:17PM

I want my 3 minutes back.

Re: I loaded a Steam Game (a DOS game re-release). Windows 10 no longer sleeps even though i quit the game yesterday. Should I reinstall Windows 10 to fix it ?
Posted by: k ()
Date: April 08, 2020 08:40PM

I think 40 years of excuses ...

DOES NOT DESERVE OR ALLOW THE POSITION OF TRYING TO INSULT THOSE EXPOSING A PROBLEM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.