HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Corona Virus Outlook Question
Posted by: "Steve" ()
Date: March 29, 2020 12:02PM

Hope everyone is doing as good as possible at this terrible and scary time. My question and hope is will there be a Corona Virus shot like a Flu shot soon? I hope and pray for this. With all the great scientists in the world we can only hope and pray for this. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Corona Virus Outlook Question
Posted by: lolz232323 ()
Date: March 29, 2020 12:04PM

You asking this on FFU just shows what a dope you are.

Posted by: Emory Hospital Atlanta Georgia ()
Date: March 29, 2020 12:34PM

They have started vaccine trials on human volunteers and are doing it right now. Google Emory Hospital and look. Could be a cure God willing.

Posted by: Keep the faith man ()
Date: March 29, 2020 01:11PM

Thanks for the well wishes, Steve.

There's a ton of research collaboration going on right now between researchers all over the world, and university labs in several cities in the U.S. are working on vaccines, as are other countries'. I don't know that I'd expect anything "soon" by most interpretations of that word, but I have seen a couple of things that are cause for hope:

- Abbott just got an emergency approval from the FDA for their test and the device to process it. It can deliver a positive result in 5 minutes and a negative in 13. (I know that sounds weird, but false positive and false negative are different error modes, so I think I can see why there might be two different times mentioned.)

- The FDA, for perhaps the first time in memory (except maybe once or twice in the 1980s or 1990s) seems to have a fire lit under it by the administration. I suspect that's how Abbott got their approval through so quickly.

The bad news:
- China delivered $500,000 worth of test kits to Serbia, presented it to the media as if it was foreign aid, charged the Serbians for it, and now the Serbian medical leadership has tossed them due to an 80% inaccuracy rate.

- Some evidence is emerging that people who have had this illness and recovered may be either reinfected or relapsing. From the standpoint of human immunity, that's not good news on the vaccine front.

- The more disturbing aspect of it is that there is at least one large Asian government that seems to have made the call not to track those relapsed/reinfected people as active/new cases. In general, there are some very good reasons to be circumspect about the data that you see from any country that doesn't fall under the general category of "Western democracy."

It is possible that the Western democratic governments are going to have to face some of these choices soon too. It is clear that most administrations are weighing economic recovery or even the mere appearance of economic recovery against the impact of countermeasures to attempt to diminish the disease.

- China has reopened Hubei for people from Hubei to travel. There are mobs from other towns flipping police cars because they don't want to let the Hubei people in due to distrust of the Chinese government's tracking of the actual virus situation and whether people are actually without the virus. Interestingly, Beijing kept its prohibitions on admitting people from Hubei in place, so these other cities do have a logical argument.

- China is mounting a massive information operation primarily against the U.S. right now, and a lot of well-meaning people are repeating what are essentially PRC influence campaign talking points without knowing what they're doing. Normal people shouldn't have to worry about this stuff, but that's the world in which we live. If a lot of the news seems contradictory right now, that's because it is.

Posted by: "Steve" ()
Date: March 29, 2020 02:08PM

Thanks. Emory University in Atlanta is working 24/7 on this as are all the great hospitals, scientists, chemists, etc. around the World. I just pray God will use his almighty power to enable a cure soon. I do believe this virus is a wakeup call for our planet to watch what we eat (China and others who eat dirty animals such as bats, etc,) to obey God and eat what is permitted. Kosher for Jews, Halal for Muslims, and what the bible says for Christians. I would even avoid Pork for everyone at this time.

Posted by: ET9EC ()
Date: March 29, 2020 02:42PM

Any vaccine will not be ready before the virus peaks and subsides on its own. A vaccine might be available for a 2nd or 3rd wave of infections in the fall of 2021. However, by fall and winter of 2021 this virus will likely have mutated such that the vaccines made in 2020-1 will be largely ineffective. The coronavirus is a single strand RNA virus, and those kinds of viruses mutate very easily. The only good news about these mutations is that the mutation is almost always to a less virulent disease. What's eventually going to happen is that Covid-19 will be more or less like a common cold - what Trump and other right wing liars were originally saying.

Before then, though, we'll probably have 20-30 million infections at a minimum, and 200,000 - 300,000 dead. On the low end if we're lucky.

Nobody's spelling this out for you, but if you listen to Fauci this is what he is saying.

Pray all you want "Steve" but this is what's going to happen.

Posted by: LOL... ()
Date: March 29, 2020 02:44PM

Attachments:
giphy.0.gif

Posted by: MMENW ()
Date: March 29, 2020 02:46PM

Sorry, don't get the joke.

Posted by: Question? ()
Date: March 29, 2020 02:52PM

Did China cause this by eating bats and foxes?

Posted by: YCXYV ()
Date: March 29, 2020 02:55PM

The virus is what's called zoonotic, meaning it originated in an animal population and jumped to humans. This happens fairly often. SARS, MERS, and others are zoonotic. Nobody really knows what animal species harbored the virus, and when and where it jumped, but it could have been from a bat, and it was probably in Wuhan China. There was a "wild meat" market in Wuhan, now closed, that sold all kinds of wild animals for food, and apparently the place was disgustingly filthy and crowded.

Posted by: I'm k. I think I'm gay. ()
Date: March 29, 2020 10:53PM

I gave blow jobs today.

d

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.