HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
renting a car abroad - pros and cons
Posted by: harriet ()
Date: March 20, 2020 07:06AM

What are the pros and cons of renting a car abroad? I think that it's a good way to move around the city, but it can be very expensive. And what do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: renting a car abroad - pros and cons
Date: March 20, 2020 07:12AM

Harriet dear, will you ever find it in your heart to forgive me?

I sincerely regret dropping you on your head when you were 3 months old. I wish that never happened.

I am very sorry.

Posted by: Jefro Jones ()
Date: March 20, 2020 08:17AM

Use a prepaid card or cancel the credit card you use after rental.

Speed cameras everywhere fines excessive. Europe is overrated anyway. You can experience Europe in Toronto and Montreal in the summertime.

Posted by: traveling ()
Date: March 22, 2020 02:24AM

honestly unless it’s a very rural area with hard to find transportation, you don’t need a car to get around. i did fine on an island without renting a car (since i was 20 and the age requirement was 21). i had to wait 1 hour for a bus, but saved me the headache of bad drivers and learning local driving laws.

Posted by: Erica11 ()
Date: March 25, 2020 10:20AM

Hey. It's hard to say about the pros and cons, because it depends on the car rental service, the country, etc. But the cons for me are next: comfort, a lot of time saves, chance to explore all the parts of the city, independence. Cons are - sometimes, the price is high, hidden fees, cars in bed conditions. But if you choose proven service, then the experience will be positive. When I last month was in Larnaca, I rented a car there on https://myrentacar.com/en/cyprus/larnaca/ because I wanted to see everything there in a short period. For two days I paid 50 Euros, and I managed to go to the beaches, mountains and visit all the famous tourist places. I see more cons in car renting, and I do it each time I have a chance.

Posted by: GLUV9 ()
Date: March 25, 2020 10:23AM

I've rented cars in Portugal and Spain. Made for a nice trip and got to see some rural areas and small towns. If you're going to any big city, don't bother with a rental car. The public transit is much easier.

Posted by: qusserel ()
Date: March 25, 2020 11:23AM

I usually use the services that are located at the airport.

Date: March 25, 2020 11:24AM

Please disregard my unfortunate daughter.

I accidentally dropped her as a child and she has never been normal. She lives in a fantasy world and needs to be watched closely as she is prone to leave the house in her underwear or worse. Sadly, she is also promiscuous when she can get away with it.

Again, I ask that you please disregard Harriet.

Posted by: I'm k. I think I'm gay. ()
Date: March 26, 2020 07:51AM

d

Posted by: Little known fact ()
Date: April 27, 2020 03:49PM

Easier than renting a bulldozer......

Posted by: Manckins ()
Date: May 05, 2020 06:23AM

If you need to rent a car abroad you will definitely need a good apartment right ? Why don't you consider Planet of Hotels as a good service for helping people choose the best apartments. I chose there a house when I was living in America and it was very helpful I should say ! So good luck with it and save your money !

Posted by: mecyy ()
Date: May 05, 2020 11:16AM

Fucking SPAM

Posted by: Mark Ultra ()
Date: May 19, 2020 06:28AM

There are places where you can't go by car. For example, this is Vietnam. This is Asia and the country is very bright and unusual. Personally, I visited several cities including ha long bay and they all were awesome! I am sure that you should read guides about Vietnam before visiting this extraordinary country

Posted by: Luigi San ()
Date: May 19, 2020 06:37AM

If you are traveling in Europe, and want to remt a car, you better know how to drive a stick shift (manual transmission). Rental cars with automatic transmissions are scarce, not always available, and cost more $$$.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.