HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pentagon Federal Credit Union mortgage
Posted by: Seeker of interest rates ()
Date: March 16, 2020 02:58PM

Hello.

I am buying a new house and will soon rent out my current house.
My backend ratio for the new property is at 29%, (which includes my current mortgage).

Will pentagon federal cu allow such a transaction? I don’t need that whole “you can use 75% of your rental income to qualify for your new place” etc

I’m asking bc I know their car loans do not lend for a car over 10 years old, and wonder how stringent their underwriting standards are for mortgages.

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union mortgage
Posted by: WillisJr ()
Date: March 26, 2020 12:11PM

Have you looked at the situation on the rental market now? It may happen that offers exceed demand by several months. If you plan to rent your home to pay the next mortgage, then you should weigh all the risks. As far as I know from the situation in Canada there is a large selection among furnished apartments to rent in toronto. These apartments have good design and expensive interior decor. This type of housing is well superseded by ordinary residential rent.

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union mortgage
Posted by: Op =homo ()
Date: March 26, 2020 07:30PM

Pen fed gots great rates for everyone

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.