HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Supervisors To Increase Real Estate and Tax on Movies, Concerts and Events by 4%
Posted by: You Pay More ()
Date: February 25, 2020 02:24PM

Fairfax is one of 13 counties in Virginia permitted to charge an admissions tax of up to 10% on items like tickets for movie, theater, concerts and sporting events, and entrance fees to museums, gardens and zoos.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Supervisors To Increase Real Estate and Tax on Movies, Concerts and Events by 4%
Posted by: Prof ghomo ()
Date: February 25, 2020 04:39PM

Elections have consequences.
Liberals run Va.
That means, more taxes, more illegals, more crime.
Every county or city they control, its the same.
Yet, many of you voted for it so I guess you like it.

Re: Supervisors To Increase Real Estate and Tax on Movies, Concerts and Events by 4%
Posted by: Wellll ()
Date: February 25, 2020 10:24PM

It's not really an "election" if someone is running unopposed. Also, I thought only a small fraction of people in the state actually voted for this. Most people didn't vote at all.

Posted by: Boo fn hoo ()
Date: February 25, 2020 11:17PM

Be honest here! Even if someone ran on the Republican ticket, would you have voted for them?

Probably not..so why would anyone waste time and money?

Furious the dumbfuckers are raising taxes...i dont want to pay for “affordable” housing...translate...paying for ILLEGALS.

Posted by: Disgusted taxpayer ()
Date: February 25, 2020 11:37PM

So the county executive thinks we'll solve the affordable housing problem by making existing housing even more unaffordable for current homeowners and renters. Yeah, right.

What he really needs to do is call on the federal government to deport all the illegal aliens living in Fairfax County, including the so-called "anchor babies." That will do wonders for spending on education, public assistance and law enforcement. Then we can do something to make life better for those of us who work hard and play by the rules.

Posted by: Millions To Schools And Leeches ()
Date: February 25, 2020 11:54PM

For affordable housing as elitist Democrats tell hardworking Americans in Fairfax County struggling to get by without welfare "You can't afford to live here in FAIRFAX " MOVE!

Then they turnaround and welcome illegals and immigrant public charge leeches with open arms and smiles

If illegals and leeches were not abounding in NOVA , apt and townhouse rents would be much lower , illegals packing in and immigrants on welfare push up rents artificially, in the 70s 80's 90' young people could afford to rent with a room mate to share expenses and even buy a new car and furniture for their own place as I did . Today they have a very hard time unless they are making very good money over 65k a year plus and that does not leave much left over

If A Democrat says no! Say STFU LIAR! your ruining America for a vote

Who is paying the price for Fairfax's illegal and leech love … Americans especially the young between ages of 20 and 30 .

As Far as FCPS is concerned more money begging arms out, more tax money , more taxes more rent increases as landlords don't let taxes go out of love for you or illegals and they pass on their costs to you

And for what ?? Services and programs for children of illegals who should not even be here plus all the other legal immigrants who don't pay their own way

That's what Democrats call a "Win Win " for votes in the future for them to further destroy America

Look at tonight's Democrat presidential debate , nothing they had nothing ! Worthless ! Useless !

Posted by: k ()
Date: February 26, 2020 02:58AM

Feb-Article-Graphic.png

what they showed you in FCPS schools

TWFB_FEDLOAN.jpg

what their lessons are about

Posted by: county employee09 ()
Date: February 26, 2020 07:42AM

I told you fucking taxpayers to vote in favor of the meals tax but you voted it down. Now it's time for you to pay for your stupidity. You had the chance to raise money from people other than county residents. Now you fools get to pay the entire bill yourselves.

Posted by: Tax Fairfax Corporations!!! ()
Date: February 26, 2020 10:37AM

What happened to all this building and big corporations providing this great tax revenue boom?

How about we tax all these huge high rise businesses that are clogging Fairfax county roads?

Posted by: Roundie ()
Date: February 26, 2020 10:43AM

county employee09 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I told you fucking taxpayers to vote in favor of
> the meals tax but you voted it down. Now it's time
> for you to pay for your stupidity. You had the
> chance to raise money from people other than
> county residents. Now you fools get to pay the
> entire bill yourselves.

More meals taxes and more senseless traffic roundabouts.(see the roundabout on Hunter Mill Road)

Posted by: You take a stick in the ass? ()
Date: February 26, 2020 11:13AM

Next year there will be another increase.......lol

Posted by: You take a stick in the ass? ()
Date: February 26, 2020 11:13AM

Next year there will be another increase.......lol

Posted by: Vote them out! ()
Date: February 26, 2020 12:23PM

They need more money to attract criminal illegal leeches. Remember to never ever vote Democrat. Vote em out!!

Posted by: Buttplugging for votes ()
Date: February 26, 2020 03:46PM

If you are a Republican; don't go to anything in Fairfax, don't eat out and spend money elsewhere.

If you are a democrat; enjoy the wonderful feeling of handing over more of your money to support illegals and have fun at the movies.

Posted by: Please, please! ()
Date: February 26, 2020 08:59PM

Buttplugging for votes Wrote:
> If you are a Republican; don't go to anything in
> Fairfax, don't eat out and spend money elsewhere.
>
> If you are a democrat; enjoy the wonderful feeling
> of handing over more of your money to support
> illegals and have fun at the movies.

Yes, if you are republican move the F out of Fairfax county! PLEASE!

Posted by: You Move Retard New Comer ()
Date: February 26, 2020 09:18PM

You and your Johnny come lately illegals and leeches both can leave ASAP you have ruined every thing you touched in Virginia head to California and finish your job off

Posted by: WorkingOnit ()
Date: March 01, 2020 10:23AM

Please, please! Wrote:
> Buttplugging for votes Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you are a Republican; don't go to anything
> in
> > Fairfax, don't eat out and spend money
> elsewhere.
> >
> > If you are a democrat; enjoy the wonderful
> feeling
> > of handing over more of your money to support
> > illegals and have fun at the movies.
>
> Yes, if you are republican move the F out of
> Fairfax county! PLEASE!

YES, I'm an INDEPENDMENT voter who doesn't blindly follow the Democrat mantra, so I must be a Republican. Only closed-minded people deal in absolutes, the term Liberal is a misnomer.

I fully intend on moving from this over-taxed,crowded shit hole. In the interim, I'm going to starve the beast, all my discretionary income is going to be spent in other counties.

Enjoy the mess you made, Pittsburgh, Buffalo,New Jersey, Ohio, shitbag transplant locust.

Posted by: TBT ()
Date: March 01, 2020 11:07AM

Our property tax for this year went up close to $400. Next year with the proposed addition it will be another $400. If things continue going the way they are I foresee that we will be like New Jersey and New York and Massachusetts. For a very long time we have enjoyed low taxation in Fairfax County and those days are over. I am not a member of any political party but I think the backlash against Trump is going to result in a much higher cost-of-living as no one can stop the Democrat spending spree.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.