HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Kid's Sneakers
Posted by: Janz ()
Date: April 02, 2007 04:15PM

Anybody here have any close encounters, with kids wearing sneakers with the rolling thingy at the bottom? I had no less than three of them running into me while I was out yesterday afternoon, with one near miss. Any replies thanks!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kid's Sneakers
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 02, 2007 04:40PM

Anybody here have any close encounters, with kids wearing sneakers with the rolling thingy at the bottom?

I don't want to sound like old man grumpus over here, but I really hate those things too. They are pandemic around here. I've seen groups of 3-4 kids doing that inside Safeway at the same time, with parents just standing nearby like it's ok. I've also seen it inside a fast food places, at RFK stadium, and on metro platforms. It's like a lawsuit just waiting to happen, I'm surprised they haven't been banned inside stores and restaurants.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: April 02, 2007 04:42PM

Many stores now have signs at the entrances banning them. I know my local Giant does. If the kid wants to roller blade, the parent should buy roller blades. Those sneakers are the dumbest thing I ever saw. Not to mention being unsafe.

Trickie

Posted by: SaMiViMa ()
Date: April 02, 2007 05:02PM

When I worked in the neighborhood elementary school, I had to request they be banned because there were kids gliding all over the place. But one kid told me those were the only shoes he had. Now that makes no sense. I hate them too and will not get them for my kids.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: April 02, 2007 05:13PM

I agree they are a little annoying... but damn! Those things look like fun! I think the kids call them wheelies.

Have you seen this contraption... http://www.skipro.com/detail.aspx?ID=472&gclid=CNCk2ov6pIsCFQlaPgodancqkg the wave board??? Kinda like a skate board but with only one wheel in the front and back that spins completely around on an angle. Talk about a lawsuit waiting to happen. One of my friends kids had one, he could go UP the hill riding it.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 02, 2007 05:43PM

Those things look like fun!

They do look like fun, and I'm sure I would have had a pair when I was a kid. But I know my parents would have never let me do it inside stores and malls, like alot of parents do around here.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: April 02, 2007 11:13PM

The actual name of them is "Heelies". There are 1 and 2 wheel models and they come with a plug if you remove the wheels. They cost 50-60 bucks a pair.

I think they're cool and wish they had 'em when I was a kid!

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: April 03, 2007 12:00PM

If I see thos e little bsitges coming I make sure to throw down a bunch of tacks on the sidewalk

Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: April 03, 2007 12:15PM

there were campus tours yesterday, and i saw one black kid riding on them. he nearly tripped over the train tracks and smashed his face hahah. maybe next time i see one, i will trip them or throw something at them. not so slick now huh

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: April 05, 2007 12:58AM

I was at KIngs Domnion on Monday and saw no less than 250 kids heeliy-ing around in the anooying pieces of shit. I think they look gay[ified]. Kids need to be like normal people and if ya need to get somewhere fast, you can run there. Another example of america getting fat.

Posted by: OMG LOL totally HELLA FUN-E ()
Date: April 05, 2007 06:17PM

There is nothing wrong with those shoes/Heelies.

Ive seen many kids rolling around on them everywhere and there has never been a problem. They are awesome. Making someone a lot of money. There are a lot of other things to worry about than some novelty shoe. in fact if they made them in larger sizes id totally get a pair.

Posted by: Jerome ()
Date: April 05, 2007 06:55PM

FUCK ALL OF YOU HEELIES HATERS!

You all want them banned because your vaginas are full of driveway gravel.

I am 27 year old man, and I love my Heelies. I hope your kids get mauled by a large rabid grazing animal.

Posted by: § ()
Date: April 05, 2007 07:31PM

I dunno. A guy named Jerome riding around in rollerskate-like shoes in the Fairfax suburbs. Now that's gangsta. -§

Posted by: Enough already ()
Date: September 06, 2020 07:03PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.