HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I WOULD LIKE A LOOK WHAT MARYLAND SPEND ON SNOW SALTING THIS YEAR BECAUSE ...
Posted by: uncle sam ()
Date: February 07, 2020 08:59PM

because they started the year by salting on a night the roads couldn't possibly freeze (and local news filmed it)

and it has snowed all of 1 day for the whole season ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I WOULD LIKE A LOOK WHAT MARYLAND SPEND ON SNOW SALTING THIS YEAR BECAUSE ...
Posted by: god let me swear ()
Date: February 07, 2020 09:01PM

https://news.maryland.gov/mde/2019/01/18/maryland-reduces-use-of-road-salts-to-protect-the-environment-and-public-health/

MARYLAND HAS SPEND THE 2020 ROAD SALT BUDGET DOING STUDIES THAT ROAD SALT HURTS THE ENVIRONMENT

Re: I WOULD LIKE A LOOK WHAT MARYLAND SPEND ON SNOW SALTING THIS YEAR BECAUSE ...
Posted by: ERFUILIJJ ()
Date: February 07, 2020 09:01PM

little red riding hood

Posted by: rfgtrgtee ()
Date: February 07, 2020 09:02PM

Maryland Reduces Use of Road Salts to Protect the Environment and Public Health

Residents urged to stay safe in winter weather but cut back on salt when possible

BALTIMORE, MD (January 18, 2019) – As winter weather impacts the state, Maryland is working to reduce the use of road salts that can threaten public health and the environment – including the water that we drink – while keeping traffic moving safely.

The Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) is taking steps to reduce salt in rivers, streams and groundwater to protect aquatic life and drinking water sources while roads are made safe for winter travel. MDE has been working for several years with state agencies and local jurisdictions on best practices for salt application, including use of improved weather forecasting, using the right amount of salt, targeting roads in most need of treatment, using brine to reduce overall salt usage and increasing training for employees and contracted equipment operators. The Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration (MDOT SHA) employs a range of strategies to reduce its use of salt while continuing to keep roads safe – and over the past five years has reduced its overall salt usage by half.

“The Maryland Department of the Environment congratulates and thanks the State Highway Administration for $$$$$

leave room for blogging below - but it's worse than you think

Posted by: frgbgrgewq ()
Date: February 07, 2020 09:02PM

Posted by: only the tip of the $$$$$ ()
Date: February 07, 2020 09:06PM

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 9.06.02 PM.png

Posted by: uncle sam ()
Date: February 07, 2020 09:08PM

I WOULD LIKE A LOOK WHAT MARYLAND SPEND ON SNOW SALTING THIS YEAR BECAUSE ...

because they started the year by salting on a night the roads couldn't possibly freeze (and local news filmed it)

and it has snowed all of 1 day for the whole season ?

I WISHED I HAND'T F'ING ASKED THIS IS INSANE - ABSOLUTELY INSANE

Posted by: i7k8uyt ()
Date: February 07, 2020 09:22PM

actually the above is proof that dems are using government illegally to steal business from USA and hand it out to foreign countries

THE USA MAKES ALL THE SALT IT NEEDS - maryland planning to buy imported salt and charge it to the feds is nothing but a crime

(one huge sources is the great lakes of michigan - the world's largest salt deposit is under it, and it is heavily mined and not charted to run out in our lifetime)

Posted by: 09sdkffj ()
Date: February 07, 2020 09:25PM

people (older than the me generation, and also millenials) are SO DAMN BLIND to how poisonous these "me me me - destroy the usa" democrats are

i would bet an oversized (i'll never use it all in my life) morton salt container that

THOSE SITES ON THAT MAP - MANY DON'T EVEN MAKE SALT

they are revolvign doors to funnel money at

Posted by: k ()
Date: February 07, 2020 11:27PM

fe143c2d-5e58-41f9-9e54-650e6ba99587_1.6

who thought of this???

i'll never eat that much salt in 20 years

Posted by: salt slut ()
Date: February 08, 2020 02:38PM

i bet the whores love that kind of salt $$$

Date: February 10, 2020 12:29PM

Date: February 10, 2020 12:50PM

d

Date: February 22, 2020 03:46PM

d

Date: February 22, 2020 05:39PM

all dems do is ffake shit and gamble

check out their pepco energy prices and their record for outages: absolutely the most insane record in the usa?

Date: February 28, 2020 01:50PM

d

Date: March 02, 2020 11:48PM

d

Date: March 07, 2020 03:51PM

d

Date: March 15, 2020 05:16PM

d

Date: March 18, 2020 06:23PM

d

Date: March 21, 2020 04:26PM

d

Date: March 25, 2020 05:11PM

d

Date: March 29, 2020 06:49PM

d

Date: March 30, 2020 06:00PM

d

Date: April 05, 2020 03:55PM

d

Date: April 07, 2020 11:38AM

d

Posted by: o9sdij ()
Date: April 18, 2020 11:03AM

d

Posted by: oijdf ()
Date: April 24, 2020 01:43PM

d

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.