HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Amazon - it's not just for Arlington
Posted by: Western FFX ()
Date: January 24, 2020 11:03PM

Very odd piece of land for Amazon.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Chantilly,+VA/@38.9221287,-77.4860779,1067m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89b6415619677219:0x4041f0fc4316ad83!8m2!3d38.8942786!4d-77.4310992

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/articles/amazon-purchases-acres-in-chantilly-for-million/article_6de7b622-3e34-11ea-a70e-6b48acc2b571.html

Amazon Data Services has acquired 100 acres in Chantilly as part of a $73M deal, according to land records. Multiple media outlets have indicated the site will be used for data centers.

The Washington Business Journal first reported that H&M Gudelsky Asset Management LLC sold the land shortly before Christmas for well over the assessed value of nearly $3.5 million. The site borders the boundary line of Fairfax and Loudoun counties, sitting north of Route 50.

The land is zoned Mineral Resource/Heavy Industry (MRHI) and has been owned by the company since 2004. In July, Amazon Web Services acquired nearly 90 acres near Arcola for $116 million.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Amazon - it's not just for Arlington
Posted by: roaches ()
Date: January 25, 2020 07:41AM

Why not build their new data center over by Dulles where the new Metro station is going to be? They were looking at that site for their new HQ2 and they already have their AWS HQ right there in Reston. If you live in Chantilly, this will drive up home prices even more. The Seattle-ing of Fairfax is in full swing.

Posted by: caritu ()
Date: August 16, 2020 10:35PM

No wonder, Amazon is one of the largest companies that is constantly evolving. It is no longer just an online store. I am sure that this site has been impregnated for a reason. It is likely that they are planning to do something really cool here. I am wondering how often do you use Amazon services? For example, I use them at least once a week. In my opinion, this is one of the most convenient online stores. True, I often find relatively high prices there, so I either have to wait for a discount or use coupons. I usually use coupons from https://www.dontpayfull.com. I will be glad if you also share sites that are used to obtain coupons for various services.

Posted by: Rollin' In The Deep ()
Date: August 16, 2020 10:56PM

I have two rental properties in Del Ray under renovation. I'd had many calls about each as soon as the old tenants left. I'm upgrading everything in these.

I'm looking forward to similar action on my three Chantilly/C'ville units and two condo units near the Vienna station.

All are in outstanding condition in great neighborhoods.

Love me some Amazon employees!

Posted by: I wanted it to be true ()
Date: August 17, 2020 07:46AM

Rollin' In The Deep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have two rental properties in Del Ray under
> renovation. I'd had many calls about each as soon
> as the old tenants left. I'm upgrading everything
> in these.
>
> I'm looking forward to similar action on my three
> Chantilly/C'ville units and two condo units near
> the Vienna station.
>
> All are in outstanding condition in great
> neighborhoods.
>
> Love me some Amazon employees!

I believed you until you said 'great neighborhoods'. They don't exist in either Chantilly nor Centreville. Haven't had that since Kathy Smith fucked over Western Fairfax to keep her own precious school pyramid pristine. Sorry.

Posted by: Old Man Fairfax ()
Date: August 17, 2020 02:53PM

roaches Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> . The Seattle-ing of
> Fairfax is in full swing.

What I've seen the last couple of months, you can have your Seattle-ing.

Posted by: Connker ()
Date: October 04, 2020 09:33AM

Yeah, actually, amazon is constantly evolving, and they have a lot of projects that they are willing to implement them very soon. They've already presented a drone delivery service, which will not imply any kind of people for this work and will work absolutely autonomous. Amazon marketplace is one of the biggest open marketplaces in the world and it is constantly extending. Actually you can make a lot of money on that, but you should be well prepared, you should have different software like Helium 10 that will help you as a research tool that will find what is trending now, what people are buying, how amazon algorithms works, and a lot of other useful things. You can find more on marketinglogiq.com, I am sure it will help you.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2020 09:06AM by Connker.

Posted by: GlicerinEBAG ()
Date: August 16, 2021 07:40AM

To be honest, I am also using Amazon when I want to sell a specific item online.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.