HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FFX Underground thread #1400: The 2007 Nationals
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 19, 2007 10:40PM

Looks like another ho-hum season for the Nats. After 71-91 last year, there doesn't seem to be any measurable improvement at any position. Lotsa key guys are gone and the pitching rotation is full of guys you never heard of. Nick Johnson might not play until mid-summer. Hey at least we got healthy Guzman back! :/

All shortcomings aside, I bet they stick it out and finish with a better record than the O's. Anybody else think so?

I really look forward to the season opener.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FFX Underground thread #1400: The 2007 Nationals
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: March 19, 2007 10:43PM

I have been monitoring the stadium construction process... that (for me) has been more exciting than looking forward to team performance this year.

Date: March 19, 2007 11:02PM

pgens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been monitoring the stadium construction
> process... that (for me) has been more exciting
> than looking forward to team performance this
> year.

It'll be interesting to see what that neighborhood turns into 10 years from now. Back in 94-95, it was like walking around in Eraserhead-world. Wish I woulda bought property there back then, it'll be worth bales of liquid cash in another decade.

I still look forward to the Nats, I love baseball season.

Posted by: mrheebers ()
Date: March 19, 2007 11:37PM

the new stadium is definitely more exciting than the 2007 nationals...you can count on about 40 fewer home runs and over a 100 fewer R.B.I's due to the loss of Soriano..I will be shocked if they win more than 65 games. it will probably be a close call as to who wins more games between the orioles and nationals. The orioles have more talent but they play in a much more competitive division.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 20, 2007 12:38AM

I'll miss the dinge and deterioration of that section of DC, and loathe the dinge and deterioration of the Nationals baseball team.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: March 20, 2007 05:17AM

Yeah right, I bet RESton Peace will just go out on his back porch for no reason and start shouting "CORN" for absolutely no reason whatsoever. He definitely seems like that kind of guy.

Date: March 20, 2007 05:57AM

I wish I had a back porch, or that I had any idea what you mean.

OK I don't wish or care.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: March 20, 2007 07:03PM

You know exactly what I am talking about Reston Peace. Now why don’t you go throw open your bedroom window and yell “CORN” real loud at the top of your lungs, you think its so hilarious. I’m sure your neighbors must love it.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: March 20, 2007 07:32PM

the nats will suck this year. BUT they have the dude who rebuilt the braves into the mighty winning machine they were for the 90's. Lerner can only hope he does the same with the nats in the naughts. oh yeah, did I hear someone far away screaming, "Corn"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2007 07:33PM by ferfux.

Date: March 20, 2007 07:50PM

BUT they have the dude who rebuilt the braves into the mighty winning machine they were for the 90's.

LOL. Ted Lerner owns the Nats, not Ted Turner.

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: March 20, 2007 09:26PM

Even with rebuilding they are two to three years off a run at a championship.

I used to be a diehard Orioles fan until the big jerk angelos ran them into the ground. Remember when they signed Bell. The guy was a problem and a half yet they just had to have him. The O's have a knack for picking up dead wood and problems no one else wants and paying them huge salaries.

Date: March 20, 2007 10:05PM

Albert Bell still managed 100 RBI his last season, so i think the O's did not totally get hosed on the first year of that deal... and injuries happen. No team can be considered stupid just because some clown got injured.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: March 20, 2007 10:21PM

After finishing .500 the first season, I was looking forward to last year. They completely blew.

The starting pitching is non-existent this year. I was never that impressed with the bullpen besides The Chief to begin with. Basically they have Zim and a few good batters.

However, I have to trust that Kasten knows what he is doing. We might be surprised.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: March 20, 2007 10:58PM

I only care about kicking back, drinking beer, downing peanuts and watching a game. A win is fine but honestly I don't care... I love going to the games. I was never really a baseball fan before the Nationals came to town but I have really enjoyed hanging there. It is very inexpensive and very relaxing.

If nothing else you can hit some Mets and Yankees games if you want to see winning stars.

Date: March 20, 2007 11:48PM

I was never really a baseball fan before the Nationals came to town

I'm sorta in the same boat. I went to alot of Philly games when I was a kid; Mike Schmidt, Larry Bowa, Bob Boone, Pete Rose...baseball was awesome when I was a young kid. But I completely ignored the whole sport throughout HS, college, and most of my adult life until the Nats came to town. Finally a hometown team that I can root for, there was no chance in hell that I'd ever root for the Skins. I'm really a fan, I've been to about a dozen games both seasons, and will go out to the park and root for them again this season. I think it's pretty cool.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: March 21, 2007 05:46PM

I predict the Phillies will kick the Nats asses every meeting this year. Then when Kasten rebuild the nats it will be a big ole National League rivalry for years to come. Baseball games are mighty relaxing but its the Wins that get racked up that leads to playoffs. Its sad that most teams know they start the season knowing they have NO chance at the post season. Thus the baseball Malaise of most fans. That and its too hot in the summertime to get worked up about much at all. Especially day games under the hot sun. Mike Schmidt was awesome but what no love for Pete "I bet on my team every night" Rose? Same era as MIke S!

Date: March 21, 2007 05:56PM

what no love for Pete "I bet on my team every night" Rose? Same era as Mike S!

I mentioned him in my post.

Posted by: Enough already ()
Date: September 09, 2020 07:19PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.