HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax County and ICE
Posted by: Betty ()
Date: October 01, 2019 12:50AM

Good evening,

This email is to provide information to the public about an event in Fairfax County, VA, where a police officer was relieved of duty for holding an illegal alien on an administrative ICE detainer. ICE responded and removed the alien, and subsequently the officer put on leave, their duty gun and badge taken away. Just to bring perspective, an officers badge and gun are generally only taken away for:
1. Criminal charges against that officer
2. Mental instability
3. Officer involved shooting
Fairfax County policies are very similar to Maryland’s Montgomery County. Police officers now have their careers/lives compromised and are humiliated in front of peers for for the sake of upholding this politically-motivated policy. In a gathering of police supervisors, the Fairfax County police chief beamoned the plight of the illegal alien, pointing out to other police supervisors how the patrol officer was in the wrong, doubling down on the county-supported policy to not cooperate with ICE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County and ICE
Posted by: zika carrier ()
Date: October 01, 2019 07:54AM

We're going to need a link or some identifying info so we can validate this.

Posted by: Whoa there, Betty ()
Date: October 01, 2019 10:16AM

I hope you used a VPN to post this "Betty". The new "social media policy" in the General Orders is nebulous and overreaching. Expect Forensics to pressure the webmaster to get your IP address. You've been warned.

" I care about your mental health.... now give me your gun and badge for a policy violation".

Posted by: Not a Yuppie ()
Date: October 01, 2019 02:24PM

A disgrace. Thanks Gerry....you asshole.

Chief Roessler’s Statement on Officer’s Custodial Detention and ICE Notification
by FCPD Media Relations Bureau
On Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019, at 2:46 p.m., a FCPD officer was handling a traffic accident at Harrison Lane at South Kings Highway in the Alexandria section of the county.

The officer found that one driver did not have a Virginia Operator’s license and obtained the driver’s information to conduct a check to verify the DMV record. During the query of the of the driver’s information, the officer received notification from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency (ICE), that the driver was wanted by ICE for an administrative violation warrant on file for the failure to appear for a deportation hearing.

The officer then confirmed the information through the Fairfax County Department of Public Safety Communication’s Teletype Section, which is responsible for verification of all warrants with the originating agencies.

The officer then contacted the ICE agent that was listed as the point of contact on the confirmation of the warrant. The ICE agent advised the officer that they were close by and responding to the location of the traffic crash.

The FCPD officer then issued a uniformed summons to the driver for not having an operator’s license. The driver signed the summons. However, the officer then decided to detain the driver through a custodial detention and turned over custody to the ICE agent.

Since 2007, the FCPD General Order 601-Arrest procedures (VIII c. 5. e.) is very clear on this matter:

If the response reads “OUTSTANDING ADMINISTRATIVE WARRANT OF REMOVAL” and the individual is not in custody or being taken into custody for any other violation of law, officers shall not confirm the hit through LESC and shall not take the individual into custody based solely upon the IVF hit. The majority of such administrative warrants represent civil violations of immigration law.

In addition, training at our Academy, as clearly outlined in lesson plans, as well as in-service training reinforces to our personnel that we do not enforce nor detain for administrative warrants and we have no authority to enforce federal law. We have also been working closely with community members and advocates to review our General Orders in this regard.

As a matter of full transparency to our community – our police officer violated our longstanding policy and deprived a person of their freedom, which is unacceptable. We have been informed by ICE that the driver was released after three hours and issued an ankle monitor. When I learned of this event, I directed an immediate internal investigation to look at all factors in this matter to ensure that all are held accountable for this violation. Our county is one of the most diverse counties in the nation and no one should have the perception that FCPD is acting as a civil immigration agent for ICE. This matter damages our reputation and the longstanding policy that I have stated many times that our officers shall not act as immigration agents. The officer involved in this event has been relieved of all law enforcement duties pending the outcome of this investigation. It is my role as the leader of this police force to enforce our FCPD – and Fairfax County – policies and hold all accountable for their actions.

Posted by: death knell ()
Date: October 01, 2019 03:57PM

Well, that's the end of this county.

They had a good run for a few hundred years. They should rename it "New Guatemala" at this point.

Posted by: Terrible FXCO ()
Date: October 01, 2019 07:22PM

This is why many are saying tis time for a change in Fairfax County. Time to vote in new faces and ideas. This doesn't work anymore. Keep steering FXCO into the shithole. Just say No To Jeff McKay.

Posted by: Jenny M ()
Date: October 01, 2019 08:41PM

This part was left out of the post by "Not a Yuppie"

"Virginia code states that a law enforcement officer can arrest a person without a warrant if ICE confirms the person is illegally in the U.S., previously convicted of a felony and had been deported or left the U.S."

Looks to me like Fairfax County may have a conflict with Virginia Code.

Posted by: TrutherB4 ()
Date: October 01, 2019 09:11PM

Posted by: Joe B. ()
Date: October 01, 2019 09:19PM

Welcome to Fairgomery County.

Posted by: dang j ()
Date: October 02, 2019 12:12AM

Wow this is a fucking shame. Fairfax is going to shit! Vote Republican.

Posted by: Buzz Fuzz ()
Date: October 02, 2019 01:37AM

The Chief has no leadership skills because of political correctness. The Chief’s response about the situation will put him in the running for COP in NYC, Chicago, or any other large Democratic controlled city. Very simple he will NEVER back the line officer. Smart cops now should make a decision to explore other options, this is just the beginning.

Posted by: Retired FCPD ()
Date: October 02, 2019 08:44AM

This is not the same department that I retired from. We would bust our butts to make arrests and traffic stops. It was gratifying that you did a good job at the end of the shift. Now officers sit in their cars and wait to be dispatched to a call. No proactive policing, no traffic stops and little contact with the public. I don’t blame the officers because the County Government and Police command won’t let them do their jobs and sure as hell won’t back them up.

Fairfax Police Department was once one of the best departments in the nation and even attracted positive attention from agencies outside the United States. Those days are long past. Now Fairfax is just another department that looks the other way as the county goes to shit. Virgina is just an east coast version of California.

Posted by: say something ()
Date: October 02, 2019 09:07AM

SAY SOMETHING:

supervisormckay@fairfaxcounty.gov
chief@fairfaxcounty.gov,
"U.S. Senator Kaine"
Congressman Gerry Connolly

This is disgraceful! Your job is to protect and serve the tax paying citizen who are legally in this county.

Who authorized this policy?

I hope that you, chief Roessler never has one of your loved ones hurt by one of these lawless Immigrants. I’m behind the officer as he upheld the law and you are derelict in the oath you took of protecting us.

http://www.wmal.com/2019/10/01/fairfax-county-police-officer-suspended-alerted-feds-to-immigrants-traffic-stop/

Support DHS, Support ICE

Posted by: Fkthepigs ()
Date: October 02, 2019 09:12AM

So officers can shoot people on the parkway during a chase and they get a medal. Then tje dept doesn't release body cam footage or information related to the case. But when an illegal is arrested they issue statements and give out all kids of info.

Dear pd, just continue doing what u do best. Shooting up cars and stonewalling information. Didn't that happen in another case. I seem to remember Greet sonethign??

Posted by: Captain C ()
Date: October 02, 2019 09:13AM

"The officer involved in this event has been relieved of all law enforcement duties pending the outcome of this investigation."

Is this officer some kind of threat that you had to take such severe punishment. It smells more of pandering to a segment of the community.

Posted by: theoretical but real question ()
Date: October 02, 2019 01:08PM

Ya think Roessler would feel differently if one of these illegal beaners he released raped his wife or daughter? I mean, it happened SEVEN TIMES in August alone in Montgomery County.

Posted by: American Resident ()
Date: October 02, 2019 02:42PM

The officer is an American patriot and did the right thing for anyone who TRULY believes no one is above the law. Holding for warrants from other jurisdictions is perfectly normal and a courtesy. The fact that it was a federal immigration warrant should be no different.

If FCPD cans him I hope he can find a home with another American police force that respects law. Hard to believe that even has to be said.
Attachments:
cryingeaglelogo.jpg

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: October 02, 2019 03:35PM

Good news, Fairfax County police officers that feel abused and demoralized. Ken Cucchinelli essentially invited Fairfax County police to apply for Federal positions. He considers them to be well trained and that there would be a place for officers that want to enforce the law in the Federal law enforcement arena.

Posted by: I am not amused ()
Date: October 02, 2019 05:54PM

I once called a supervisor about the day laborers along 236. I was told that they were all here legally and that I was racist for asking about it. Just walk along 236, particularly near the 7 Eleven on the corner of Hummer. It is dangerous and the area is filthy, strewn with empty cups, plastic bottles, cigarette butts and a host of other rubbish. I no longer go there nor does my wife. The owners allow the loitering of people in the parking lot and on their property. This place is beginning to circle the drain. It is a repeat of what I observed in Detroit back in the 70s, 80s and 90s. The only difference is the decline is being led by people in this country illegally and we are powerless to do anything about it without the dreaded "racist" label being applied.

Date: October 02, 2019 05:55PM

Figures that you're too stupid to use a search engine. The fable of the better educated liberal/Democrats is again exposed as the fiction that it is.

Date: October 02, 2019 05:57PM

theoretical but real question Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ya think Roessler would feel differently if one of
> these illegal beaners he released raped his wife
> or daughter? I mean, it happened SEVEN TIMES in
> August alone in Montgomery County.

I can only hope that it is one of his family members. As a bonus, one of the county supervisors would make an excellent victim as well.

Posted by: phelpsmarc ()
Date: October 02, 2019 06:39PM

Fairfax leaders claimed they were not a Sanctuary County. Well, now anyone learning of this story knows that they are.

Posted by: phelpsmarc ()
Date: October 02, 2019 06:45PM

236 has been littered with illegals since around 2000. At the Annandale McDonalds there is this perpetually drunk Hispanic guy who seems not to know English. I've seen him on and off there for like 5 yes. How he has never been deported is a head scratcher. But, I have noticed less MS 13 types walking around loud and prowd since Trump got elected. Even if Fairfax County police won't work with ICE, at least they know ICE is trying to enforce the Immigration laws.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2019 06:47PM by phelpsmarc.

Posted by: FCPD fags ()
Date: October 02, 2019 07:35PM

Posted by: Fuckers ()
Date: October 02, 2019 07:35PM

Time to turn up the pain on our elected officials.

Posted by: 8 USC 1324 ()
Date: October 02, 2019 10:32PM

Posted by: Vote Republican November 5 ()
Date: October 03, 2019 05:00AM

Vote Republican November 5

Posted by: ParMaga ()
Date: October 09, 2019 01:55AM

Free is not a reasonable price to pay for housing if you're a taxpayer footing the bill.

Posted by: PJXCC ()
Date: October 09, 2019 04:48AM

And shop Loudoun and Prince William counties whenever reasonable for you. Democrats hate loss of sales tax revenue. Do not contribute to FCPS fundraising or other any other charity that has turned politically blue. And anything with county admission or user fees, don't support it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.