HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FFU debate if time travel is possible
Posted by: science news ()
Date: August 25, 2019 11:02PM

I can argue relativity* equations are purely newtonian, and furthermore do not predict any time travel, time travel is pure fantasy.

Any takers?

-----------------
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_travel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FFU debate if time travel is possible
Posted by: r44tgre ()
Date: August 25, 2019 11:04PM

spock-promo-pic.jpg That would be most logical.

Posted by: 3ere ()
Date: August 25, 2019 11:05PM

211fb1d06f9479a7650fc3bb47b93c8b_XL.jpg

Posted by: totuan ()
Date: August 26, 2019 07:28PM

I have been able to travel into the future. I haven't quite perfected it yet, it's kinda slow. Yesterday I traveled 1 hour into the future. It took 1 hour.

Posted by: 3r4rgew ()
Date: August 27, 2019 03:19PM

totuan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been able to travel into the future. I
> haven't quite perfected it yet, it's kinda slow.
> Yesterday I traveled 1 hour into the future. It
> took 1 hour.

yes but from my viewpoint you used 2 gal of gas, were compensated by IRS for $23, but spent < $5 on gas, and are ~ $18 ahead

certainly you got younger as you traveled!

Posted by: lenjp ()
Date: August 27, 2019 03:35PM

The twins Paradox*. Twins named Speedo and Goslo. When they are 20 years old, Speedo, the more adventuresome of the two, sets out on an epic journey from the Earth to Planet X, located 20 light-years away. One light-year (ly) is the dis- tance light travels through free space in 1 year. Furthermore, Speedo’s spacecraft is capable of reaching a speed of 0.95c relative to the inertial frame of his twin brother back home on the Earth. After reaching Planet X, Speedo becomes homesick and immediately returns to the Earth at the same speed 0.95c. Upon his return, relatives are notified and shocked to see one twin is 62 years old, the other 33 years old.

The paradox is which twin is the elder: either twin would record the speed away from and toward each other equally in their own inertial frames of reference!

---------------------
* by saying paradox I have begged the question that you must conclude the answer is correct or you have not done your homework correctly

Date: September 10, 2019 08:32PM

What if I told you that in Physics they teach students ...

(1) that certain equations mean time travel is a reality: distracting "green" student from progressing by giving them distracting thoughts

(2) that a significant period of the course (the big half of?) is "total hog wash", that the student is trained to find W[x] and told they are learning to find W, but in the end - everything taught has extremely little practical bearing on finding the "real W", W(h,1,s) ... W(h,1,s) is then pulled out of a hat - expressing to "students" that they only need do a little substitution as they learned to do it: but that W(h,1,s) is actually completely different animal than W[x] they were taught

HALF THE COURSE IS A TOTAL LIE and mostly futile exercise (considered as one lesson in another course and described much more coherently to grasp)

(3) that i believe i can prove it what i just suggested

(4) that i suspect education was not the objective: but preventing education was the objective. obstruction: students who flounder on total lies end up re-taking courses. students who don't excel cannot apply for professor positions (and i know a prof. who complained all the time to me he suspected his school of apply tactics)

(6) that a great number of topics are covered with such little coverage - and off-topic side equations - that there is NO practical knowledge gained (meaning, if one is taught only a rough description of something which is actually much more complicated they have absolutely no way to actually "make use" of it). imagine a math book which merely prattles about solving things vaguely and never walks through the way of doing it in an "employable manner": that is what i am suggesting. i'm hiring to do things your guessing about? ah! me!

(7) W(h,1,s) = f g h. Niels Bohr might call it un-necessarily complex - though it does show n,l,m well - not mz though.

WHAT IF I TOLD YOU EXTREMELY FEW SCHOOLS even have "f g h" "modern equation" and are still teaching "f g" which is just ... not as good way to treat it more of a "jumble" from the early 1800's ? not even in their books.

(8) that the deans and publishers and dept. heads are (i must assume) highly aware of these situations as sentiment from decades of trials and tribulations and articles: they know, and continue to promote this "lied to you on W" fiasco?

Date: September 10, 2019 08:41PM

(the paradox is if PHY teach a fake W(h,1,s) how does anyone know how to do it? the answer is that "earlier courses" lie about it in manner not productive. the full W takes perhaps multiple courses to learn beyond where fake W is taught, to do if we include the maths star terminology f g h and "3 cred quarter" speed learning - several courses beyond. W is perhaps in the 2nd part of a course that is beyond the "early course" co-requisites - far beyond if your going by the 100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800 system it's in a whole different level or two or three higher ... n.i. fakers who teach how to copy the result that don't count)

Posted by: proud democrats ()
Date: September 10, 2019 08:43PM

image-20150515-25422-wb7mwu.jpg?ixlib=rb

you can always join ms13 if school doesn't work out for you ...

Posted by: 43rgre ()
Date: September 10, 2019 08:47PM

8ae0be29a61829f7b69935f02566932e27468598

Posted by: rfggere ()
Date: September 10, 2019 08:48PM

bresciani.png

Posted by: nimbus 2 ()
Date: September 10, 2019 08:50PM

YYvc5zE.png

i caught the dean cheating on several important legal and social matters which directly effected me

is that wrong?

Posted by: nimbus 2 ()
Date: September 11, 2019 02:24PM

the is a small explanation the material describes that W(h,1,s) is not what it appears to be. HOWEVER - the books make no attempt to say that and beat around the bush using a different W so that is not what they did. terminology is not covered (what a student would need to find the subject in another book), readings are not suggested, the "true form" of how W is made is not shown, the important topics to W(n,l,m) are not even connected to W: in other words it is as i said. they introduce a bunch of hog wash for a fake W then switch the symbols later saying "all you do is substitute and get W which we covered" - but that it was NOT covered, that the "real W" is not a matter of just substituting and a "modern PHY student" certainly isn't going to be able to do it and if they could it could take years if attempted "a mono" - it is not a matter of "just substituting". what it IS, all that, is a distraction from learning the "real deal" which the course and book say is covered BUT IS NOT.

an ALTERNATE explanation they were adding "topics to the book" falsely that were not actually covered in the course - upping course sales and book sales and falsely indicating graduates as having covered a subject they know nothing about, ditto for the book

and that is THE STORY THAT I AM SELLING

Posted by: Long Slonger Boner ()
Date: September 11, 2019 04:38PM

It possible John Titor posted here about three years ago - http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/274474/2158926.html#msg-2158926

There is only one sex in the future and the gender has all reproductive organs.

Posted by: 4rgtre ()
Date: September 11, 2019 04:51PM

31xvFEuhxjL._SX425_.jpg

RACE - THE FINAL FRONTIER

Posted by: 5t4gre ()
Date: September 11, 2019 04:55PM

il_794xN.1196525739_1i76.jpg

OMG the square whites holes are attacking the ship, they are demanding we fill in the blanks

Posted by: star warped ()
Date: September 11, 2019 04:59PM

the original 1700 ship was pulled back to port by EU because of a software glitch by Boeing, the 1701 was released 10 yrs later with a unity repair effort

few knew!

Posted by: Yes my Nigga ()
Date: September 11, 2019 06:57PM

Posted by: V ()
Date: September 11, 2019 08:29PM

Yes you can.

First we progress in time until time travel is invented, then it's initiated and a new copy of whatever time they go back to is created. It's that simple and why they haven't showed up yet.

Date: September 13, 2019 12:27PM

lenjp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The twins Paradox*. Twins named Speedo and Goslo.
> When they are 20 years old, Speedo, the more
> adventuresome of the two, sets out on an epic
> journey from the Earth to Planet X,

His real name is Mr. Earl, you know.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.