Fairfax County General :
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
> I have been able to travel into the future. I
> haven't quite perfected it yet, it's kinda slow.
> Yesterday I traveled 1 hour into the future. It
> took 1 hour.
yes but from my viewpoint you used 2 gal of gas, were compensated by IRS for $23, but spent < $5 on gas, and are ~ $18 ahead
The twins Paradox*. Twins named Speedo and Goslo. When they are 20 years old, Speedo, the more adventuresome of the two, sets out on an epic journey from the Earth to Planet X, located 20 light-years away. One light-year (ly) is the dis- tance light travels through free space in 1 year. Furthermore, Speedo’s spacecraft is capable of reaching a speed of 0.95c relative to the inertial frame of his twin brother back home on the Earth. After reaching Planet X, Speedo becomes homesick and immediately returns to the Earth at the same speed 0.95c. Upon his return, relatives are notified and shocked to see one twin is 62 years old, the other 33 years old.
The paradox is which twin is the elder: either twin would record the speed away from and toward each other equally in their own inertial frames of reference!
* by saying paradox I have begged the question that you must conclude the answer is correct or you have not done your homework correctly
What if I told you that in Physics they teach students ...
(1) that certain equations mean time travel is a reality: distracting "green" student from progressing by giving them distracting thoughts
(2) that a significant period of the course (the big half of?) is "total hog wash", that the student is trained to find W[x] and told they are learning to find W, but in the end - everything taught has extremely little practical bearing on finding the "real W", W(h,1,s) ... W(h,1,s) is then pulled out of a hat - expressing to "students" that they only need do a little substitution as they learned to do it: but that W(h,1,s) is actually completely different animal than W[x] they were taught
HALF THE COURSE IS A TOTAL LIE and mostly futile exercise (considered as one lesson in another course and described much more coherently to grasp)
(3) that i believe i can prove it what i just suggested
(4) that i suspect education was not the objective: but preventing education was the objective. obstruction: students who flounder on total lies end up re-taking courses. students who don't excel cannot apply for professor positions (and i know a prof. who complained all the time to me he suspected his school of apply tactics)
(6) that a great number of topics are covered with such little coverage - and off-topic side equations - that there is NO practical knowledge gained (meaning, if one is taught only a rough description of something which is actually much more complicated they have absolutely no way to actually "make use" of it). imagine a math book which merely prattles about solving things vaguely and never walks through the way of doing it in an "employable manner": that is what i am suggesting. i'm hiring to do things your guessing about? ah! me!
(7) W(h,1,s) = f g h. Niels Bohr might call it un-necessarily complex - though it does show n,l,m well - not mz though.
WHAT IF I TOLD YOU EXTREMELY FEW SCHOOLS even have "f g h" "modern equation" and are still teaching "f g" which is just ... not as good way to treat it more of a "jumble" from the early 1800's ? not even in their books.
(8) that the deans and publishers and dept. heads are (i must assume) highly aware of these situations as sentiment from decades of trials and tribulations and articles: they know, and continue to promote this "lied to you on W" fiasco?
(the paradox is if PHY teach a fake W(h,1,s) how does anyone know how to do it? the answer is that "earlier courses" lie about it in manner not productive. the full W takes perhaps multiple courses to learn beyond where fake W is taught, to do if we include the maths star terminology f g h and "3 cred quarter" speed learning - several courses beyond. W is perhaps in the 2nd part of a course that is beyond the "early course" co-requisites - far beyond if your going by the 100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800 system it's in a whole different level or two or three higher ... n.i. fakers who teach how to copy the result that don't count)
the is a small explanation the material describes that W(h,1,s) is not what it appears to be. HOWEVER - the books make no attempt to say that and beat around the bush using a different W so that is not what they did. terminology is not covered (what a student would need to find the subject in another book), readings are not suggested, the "true form" of how W is made is not shown, the important topics to W(n,l,m) are not even connected to W: in other words it is as i said. they introduce a bunch of hog wash for a fake W then switch the symbols later saying "all you do is substitute and get W which we covered" - but that it was NOT covered, that the "real W" is not a matter of just substituting and a "modern PHY student" certainly isn't going to be able to do it and if they could it could take years if attempted "a mono" - it is not a matter of "just substituting". what it IS, all that, is a distraction from learning the "real deal" which the course and book say is covered BUT IS NOT.
an ALTERNATE explanation they were adding "topics to the book" falsely that were not actually covered in the course - upping course sales and book sales and falsely indicating graduates as having covered a subject they know nothing about, ditto for the book
> The twins Paradox*. Twins named Speedo and Goslo.
> When they are 20 years old, Speedo, the more
> adventuresome of the two, sets out on an epic
> journey from the Earth to Planet X,