HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Question for people with experience with franklin middle school.
Posted by: Jacob Daniels ()
Date: August 13, 2019 01:12AM

I notice on google that Franklin middle school has a much lower rating then rocky run, which is where I went too. A lot of reviews of school I've seen on google and elsewhere point out that the principal is really bad. The principal is Sharon Eisenberg. For parents, students, or anyone else related to Franklin, what was she like? How was she so bad?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question for people with experience with franklin middle school.
Posted by: Past Employee ()
Date: October 25, 2019 01:07PM

Jacob,
I was 27 and at the pinnacle of my career. I took an opportunity in the schools to build a program and create. The program was honored county wide, and I was personally singled out as the reason the school achieved the prestigious " schools to watch " designation by an independent committee which interviewed students of every school. I did things that had never been done before at the school, one of the aspects I am most proud of was making my program an inclusive program for kids with special needs. Ms. Eisenberg, who had bragged to me occasionally about her horrific teaching practices as a special ed teacher, once commented while trying to dissuade me from reaching out to the special needs population that "we don't owe those kids anything" referring to the most needy and vulnerable population of underserved special needs kids I was inviting and encouraging to participate. As a reward for bringing positivity and accolades to our school, for building a community amongst the kids and staff, for resisting her hateful approach and direction, I was fired on the grounds of "incompetence."

I am not blind to how this could easily be painted as a disgruntled, bitter smear of her, but I assure you, while for years that scarred me, I have come to terms with my journey, and that experience being an important part of it.

This is but one of many, many examples I have of just how awful, not just a principal she is, but a person. Honestly, I could write 20 pages, but I think this example says enough. She should retire, or be forced out. There is simply no place in a learning environment for someone so obviously not interested in the well being of the students, staff, or parents. Im not sure what else you've read about her, but I can tell you from personal experience that they are likely all true. Any positive comments online are more than likely her own attempt to sway the vast amounts of negativity. Truly a poison in an otherwise great place. Credit for any achievements in learning or otherwise should 100% be attributed to the teachers and staff, and done so despite her leadership, not because of it.

Posted by: Gunther core ()
Date: October 25, 2019 05:05PM

Sharon Eisenberg is a top notch educator.

Posted by: Really?!? ()
Date: October 28, 2019 07:41AM

In the financial services space, most management positions are filled by Special Needs candidates.

For me, the "pinnacle of my career" is experienced daily, when my badge, again, allows me access to the campus.

Thanks to YOUR efforts many Special Needs people are gainfully employed.

Posted by: Fcpsexparent ()
Date: October 29, 2019 05:17PM

Nothing but great experiences

Posted by: JaydenGeorge ()
Date: December 18, 2019 12:16PM

Our family had a bad experience when my brother went to his middle school. The teachers were very incompetent, and the children did not learn anything. The teacher once told my brother that he would never succeed. But jokes on her, he is a very successful student, works, writes book summaries and makes money. By the way, an example of his work https://freebooksummary.com/the-crucible-abuse-of-power-22182 which is excellent. My advice is - if you see bad reviews about some school, then most likely, there are reasons for this. Consider another option not to waste your time.

Posted by: Concerned Parents ()
Date: January 15, 2020 12:45AM

My son went to that “school” for a year and oh my God. The principle and some staff members are just horrible to kids and parents. We almost placed our son on meds because of their pressure and continuous persecution. He could not breathe in that school without being written up or spending time at the front office. It all started with one miner incident in the beginning of the year which drew her attention, from that point it was a quick downward spiral. What the school did borderlines abuse, harassment and trespassing. I threatened to call the cops on them more than once. Her staff whispered to us that their hands are tied and they are forced to use punishments as the only way to correct what they considered to be misbehaving. I think I know the “Past Employee” on this thread, she really wanted to help the kids but the administration would not let her.

We ended up taken our son out of that school. I personally blame her for everything, as a principle/leader everything that happens in that school, and that is brought to her attention, is her responsibility. I read today that Franklin is getting a new principle, hopefully she was fired, she doesn’t deserve to enjoy retirement for years of abusing kids.

If your kids is self motivated and knows how to stay below the radar, send him/her to Franklin, otherwise, pick a second job to pay for private school.

Posted by: Penny Anyway ()
Date: June 12, 2020 09:45AM

I am Sharon Eisenberg's sister in law. I too am being abused by her actions. Chase bank called to tell me that her and my brother Gary were attempting to take my inheritance. Sharon had my mothers will and forced her to sign power of attorney.my poor Mother was terrified and had a stroke and died. Sharon said i told her we love her as she breathed her last breaths. I told her i want be there and gary and sharon had kept mymothers condition a secret denying me last moments with my mother. Cold and cruel and funeral they handed me her ring and list of some assetts but not others like 125k in cds and threw a few pictures at me my mother painted. I sobbed at her gravesite as they ran away keeping their wherabouts at large so i could not confront them. I asked Sharon about my condo in will as i need a home. They had her change it to put into estate.and when i asked for half proceed of sale ..sharon said "oh..come on".than bank had me sign indemnity to relieve chase bank from liability from actions of Gary Eisenberg. Today i found another 65k missing from checking account they had taken over. This in addition to a cd cashed out probably to finance her 2 trips to Aruba. perhaps this is where my inheritance went in a foreign bank account. Sharon befriended my cousin who had done illicit business deals her whole life and Gary had said i dont care how she made her money i just want to learn from her no matter what unethical the tactics involved.2 birds of same charactor flock together. So much more but it only makes me the fool. They are 2 insensitive arrogant cold phony snobs who feel priveledged for some reason to hurt others.
Hopefully your children ..employees..down to earth commoners dont fall prey to their intimidations and superiority complexes any longer. Im somewhat healed by your comments for all the years of abuse i have endured that played on my esteem. I am truly enlightened by your feedback..that im ok...your kids r ok..or will be when rescued from Sharons wrath. Im sorry you all had to go through this pain.
Just a note to say how i emphasise with you all.
My mother would tell me how shed find a child under Sharons desk in her office and shed explain that child was being disciplined. Sounds like preschool elementary but not middle school behaviours. If this is special needs child then surely fairfax county has funds to handle these kids appropriately ...thats if Sharon hasnt embezzeled it to add to her collection of Gucci ..Fendies...Louis Vittan ..Burberry..etc..even her poodle was named Gucci.
I was told i didnt have money so i would be spared the burdon of coming to my nephews wedding..but tbut they had taken it..no doubt to finance the lavish wedding party and their 1 million and half new home in Ashburn of which i have never been invited. My mother was instructed not to give me their address or phone numbers. Not mention they hid my Mothers phone and wherabouts. They perpetuated Elder abuse pn my Mother. sharons sister Dodi was even sent to work on my Mother to get.her change sign papers. My mpther said it was odd as she never visited. my Mother ran from them to me in her last month. she had with her a revokation of Power of attorney. She said she wanted to give it all to me. I was now getting the picture of my Mothers fear and anxiety. I could not understand their cold inhumane treatment. gary tried turn it on me as criminals do.now i understood his alienation of my mother and his tresspassing ordersand keeping me away.It all is clear now. We must rely on Karma and let God handle them ..pray for them to change their evil ways. They should look inside themselves to evaluate their lack of soul . The Materialism that rules them only makes a hollow shell of a human being. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL FIND HUMILITY BEFORE THEY DIE and know some traits us humans experience that humble us.
That pretentiousness doesnt earn them a place in heaven. Nor the greed and cast system they practice will only lead them to hell.
thank you all for letting me use this forum to vent my frustration for being eternally bound by blood to these poor excuses of human life.
Enough said I dont want insult other family. their children probably dont know half of the reality. our kids should be protected from all this evil.
They are the future to rise above their parents weakness and faults. We look to them to make this world a better place.
Amen

Posted by: shady ()
Date: June 12, 2020 10:10AM

There's alot to unpack there Penny....Jeez!

Posted by: Bonnie ()
Date: June 12, 2020 10:11AM

When I was just a young girl, the teacher Mr.(LAWSUIT PENDING) would take me down stairs, to the basement, to the "dungeon" as he liked to call it. The dungeon was really just a broom closet with a small dirty old mattress on the floor.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.