HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sprint vs. Verizon
Posted by: Sprint vs. Verizon ()
Date: March 04, 2010 03:35PM

I am moving to a new company for my cell phone, I had Helio(Virgin Mobile) and now.. yea.. Which is better Sprint or Verizon? I don't really want At&t cuz I used to hav it and it gave me a crappy customer service.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sprint vs. Verizon
Posted by: papashango ()
Date: March 04, 2010 03:45PM

guah i've had terrible experience with both of those. sprint likes to play the "we have no record of your cancellation" game, and verizon likes to add mystery charges to your bills which you can always have removed if you're willing to spend a half hour on the phone every month. curiously, the mistakes are never in your favor...

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: March 04, 2010 03:45PM

=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 04:00AM by inkahootz.

Posted by: papashango ()
Date: March 04, 2010 03:46PM

on a more constructive note, TMobile has been decent to me. the signal can be weak indoors, but they haven't jerked me around too much on the bills.

Posted by: Sprint vs. Verizon ()
Date: March 04, 2010 03:51PM

yea.. this is hard. I would stay with helio, but there is rumor going on tat it will bankrupt or somthing in may. so yea. hahah I want to get everything settled before then.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: March 04, 2010 03:57PM

Sprint has lower priced "everything" plans, but their service isn't 100% everywhere. Their selection of smart phones is currently dismal as well, especially when looking for droid phones. They are going to be offering 4g phones by the summer, and if rumors be true, they are going to be releasing a pretty nice driod phone to go along with the roll-out.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: March 04, 2010 04:18PM

Verizon ftw

Sprint has very spotty coverage.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Posted by: Sweeney Todd ()
Date: March 04, 2010 05:05PM

Sprint did not work at my house (Cascades).
Sprint did not work at my office (Tysons).
Sprint did not work at my biggest client (DC).

I had to switch, and I am now with AT&T.

F**k Sprint and their 4G. They can get that kind of speed because they only have about a dozen subscribers.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: March 04, 2010 06:25PM

I have the HTC Hero droid phone and sprint.The service is spotty in some areas but I like the everything plan for 100.00 a month.

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: March 04, 2010 11:38PM

Sprint is the best in terms of plans, and data. Verizon owns more towers (Always has), but their plans are astronomically high priced.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Date: March 04, 2010 11:40PM

graymoose1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have the HTC Hero droid phone and sprint.The
> service is spotty in some areas but I like the
> everything plan for 100.00 a month.

I have the Sprint Hero, and I couldn't be more pleased. This device has EVERYTHING, and of course I'm really loving the WiFi (As well as the Android OS).

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Date: March 04, 2010 11:42PM

Sweeney Todd Wrote:
> Sprint did not work at my house (Cascades).
> Sprint did not work at my office (Tysons).
> Sprint did not work at my biggest client (DC).
>
> I had to switch, and I am now with AT&T.
>
> F**k Sprint and their 4G. They can get that kind
> of speed because they only have about a dozen
> subscribers.

No, they have that speed, because they have the best data transfer technology out there.

As for the signal, it depends upon the manufacturer of the phone as well. Different phones have better or worse antennas/circuitry.

Posted by: BJ_Sprint ()
Date: March 12, 2010 01:11PM

Hello! My name is BJ DeHut and I represent Sprint online as their SprintCareGuide. I just wanted to pass to you an insider tip concerning Sprint’s Service Plans.
You can get special Sprint employee pricing on your plan thanks to employee Russ Maguire. If you are not already a Sprint customer (this can be used for a 30 day trial) or you are a Sprint customer interested in adding additional lines, visit http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nxt/epc/referral.asp and enter Russ.S.McGuire@Sprint.com and 383.
You can then choose from our best selection of devices and broadband cards with device and service pricing normally reserved for Sprint employee friends and family.
This offer requires a new device with activation of a new line of service and a two year agreement.
Subject to credit approval. Up to $36 activation & $150 early termination fees apply per line. Offers available at sprint.com only.

Posted by: AJW ()
Date: March 12, 2010 04:18PM

I would suggest nextel actually. I have a sprint phone and it is spotty here but my nextel has failed to lost service everywhere except a few buildings on campus in classrooms with no windows

Posted by: Clobbersaurus ()
Date: March 12, 2010 05:33PM

Verizon here and I've never had reception problems. Too bad all their phones suck with the exception of the Droid.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: March 13, 2010 12:36PM

Verizon.

It is also (for now at least) the only provider that has access in the tunnels in metro. They just added other carriers to several popular stations and plan to wire the whole system for all carriers by 2012 but right now it's verizon only.

Posted by: Tony33 ()
Date: March 13, 2010 12:48PM

Sprint vs. Verizon Wrote:
> I am moving to a new company for my cell phone, I
> had Helio(Virgin Mobile) and now.. yea.. Which is
> better Sprint or Verizon? I don't really want At&t
> cuz I used to hav it and it gave me a crappy
> customer service.

My employer gives me a sprint/nextel hybrid phone at no cost to me. I have to keep a verizon prepaid phone in my car to pick up the slack on the coverage area shortcommings from sprint/nextel. My experience is that the Verizon is way better coverage esp. in the distant suburbs.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.