HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I-66 Connector Ramp to West Falls Church Metro Station
Posted by: causeican ()
Date: July 09, 2019 05:31PM

public meeting Wednesday (July 10) from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Yorktown High School

Construction work on a connector ramp from I-66 to the West Falls Church Metro station is set to start a year later than planned.

“Our project manager, Mark Gibney, has confirmed that construction of the I-66 connector ramp to the West Falls Church Metro station will begin construction in summer 2020 and finish by fall 2021,” Michelle Holland, a spokeswoman for the Virginia Department of Transporation, tod Tysons Reporter.

Currently, cars traveling eastbound on I-66 to the Metro station exit from I-66, turn right to head south on Route 7 (Leesburg Pike), turn left at the intersection at Haycock Road and then turn left onto Falls Church Drive. “VDOT has identified operational and safety issues with this maneuver, especially during AM and PM peak periods,” according to the project’s website.

The new ramp, which is a part of the I-66 widening project, would connect two existing ramps, spitting drivers out onto Falls Church Drive.

While the VDOT website currently says that construction is set to begin this summer and get completed by fall 2o20, the spokesperson said that the website will soon get updated to reflect the correct information.

VDOT plans to hold a public meeting with a construction update on Wednesday (July 10) from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Yorktown High School (5200 Yorktown Blvd) in Arlington.

Posted 7/9/19 at 8:45am
Catherine Douglas Moran
TysonsReporter.com
Attachments:
66 connector ramp.png

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 Connector Ramp to West Falls Church Metro Station
Posted by: more food places ()
Date: July 09, 2019 05:51PM

i was hoping they'd put in a golden corral over there, i think it would do a good business in that area and they need more food places

Posted by: DC Dining ()
Date: July 10, 2019 11:30AM

Both Patsy's American and Randy's Steakhouse will be open just up the road by the end of the month.

logo.png

Posted by: ain’t that close ()
Date: July 10, 2019 11:49AM

Up the road? It’s nearly 10 minutes away with no traffic.

Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: July 10, 2019 11:58AM

DC Dining Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Both Patsy's American and Randy's Steakhouse will
> be open just up the road by the end of the month.

Stick to the District. You got Patsy's American right, but the next offering is actually Randy's Prime Seafood and Steaks.

Posted by: autism alert! ()
Date: July 10, 2019 01:30PM

^^^^^^^ Where are you along the spectrum?

Posted by: Marcus ()
Date: February 23, 2020 04:35AM

more food places Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i was hoping they'd put in a golden corral over
> there, i think it would do a good business in that
> area and they need more food places

I would not refuse just free space. Our house seems so small after giving birth to a second child. I even experimented with construction estimate software to understand how much more expensive it will be for me to rebuild the terrace into an additional room (insulated). If home construction also went as quickly as commercial, then I would sign papers with contractors tomorrow. Which choice is worse - a repair or a new mortgage?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.