HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DC Mall Fireworks Expected to Be 10 Times Size as Usual - $1 Million Dollar in Fireworks vs Usual $75,000
Posted by: Kowa Bunga ()
Date: June 27, 2019 02:49PM

Zoldan told WTOP he has no doubts about it. He said the feds have historically only paid about $75,000 for the annual show (WTOP has not been able to independently confirm that figure). “Just our costs alone are $750,000 — 10 times larger — and we’re donating it.”

“Phil Grucci has obviously designed the show. He’s telling me it’ll be a mile long, and fireworks going in the air,” Zoldan added. “I know the work that Phil does. We’re obviously providing the pyrotechnics, and he’s doing the expertise on the shooting end of it and the logistics.”

“Certainly if anybody lives in the area or anybody wants to travel to Washington, D.C., on the Fourth of July, they’re going to see something … unbelievable,” he added.

Since the fireworks site has been moved to West Potomac Park, revelers will be able to gather around the Reflecting Pool on the National Mall. But even if you can’t get that close, Zoldan said it the show will be visible for miles — depending on geography and obstructions, of course.

“I definitely believe you can be a significant distance away, miles away, and still be able to see it. … You should be able to see this from a long, long distance away,” he told WTOP.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DC Mall Fireworks Expected to Be 10 Times Size as Usual - $1 Million Dollar in Fireworks vs Usual $75,000
Posted by: boom boom pow ()
Date: June 27, 2019 02:55PM

Fuck DC fireworks.

is Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, PWC, any other county putting on a show? I used to enjoy Ft Belvoir's show a few years back, but now i actually have July 4 off i would rather go to a "hometown" show vs the international crowded show in the city (kinda like new years eve watching the ball drop in times square, all that drama going thru security with no bathrooms nearby having to queue up 6 hours early for a 2 minute show LMAO).

*goes to google

Re: DC Mall Fireworks Expected to Be 10 Times Size as Usual - $1 Million Dollar in Fireworks vs Usual $75,000
Posted by: Show of Shows ()
Date: June 27, 2019 04:51PM

The Mall use to be awesome when you drink alcohol. We even took a keg in once. We had a ton of George Washington sorority girls showing their tits and making out. We did dizzy bat. Oh it was a show alright!

Posted by: Jews at GW ()
Date: June 27, 2019 09:48PM

Show of Shows Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Mall use to be awesome when you drink alcohol.
> We even took a keg in once. We had a ton of
> George Washington sorority girls showing their
> tits and making out. We did dizzy bat. Oh it was
> a show alright!

Jews from GWU showing their tits??
Their dream is to own a 5 bedroom house in Scarsdale with no kitchen.

Posted by: But It Will Be 97 in The Shade ()
Date: June 27, 2019 10:55PM

No Beach Boys No old beat couches No Coolers on the mall That's the Bush Obama mall party

Tell the president to get that pen out and cut us loose like the old days, let the party begin ! Ill go with 200k in fireworks and 800k in clean up for a really MAGA 4th of July in DC and Im over 60 and still ready to party. If I smell that familure stinking aroma of weed Ill be mellow and laugh it off and so should the cops but not a wisp will pass my lips. I cant help what my nose sucks in with some of my friends around you know

DAJAX Who really wants hillbilly music played Bluegrass to you folk

Posted by: Black Caulk ()
Date: June 28, 2019 01:47AM

I hope the fireworks tips over and kills Trump and every one of his supporters there.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.