HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax County in 1900
Posted by: History alive! ()
Date: June 23, 2019 06:36AM

I have done some research on Fairfax during the first year of the last century. I am currently working on a book about it, and would welcome any contributions. As a bonus, here are some interesting facts I have come across:

-In 1900, the title of Lord Fairfax was held by Albert Fairfax, who lived until 1939.

-Most people who lived in the county had no means of transport, and didn’t travel far from where they lived.

-Outhouses were still commonplace, and led to some issues when more than one member of a family had smelly diarrhea.

-Almost all babies were born at home, with doctors traveling sometimes miles to help push the baby through the vagina. In most cases, this happened 40 weeks after sexual intercourse.

-Crime was relatively low, however in 1900 one person was sent to prison for life. His crime: deliberately infecting people with HIV.

-Home schooling was not uncommon, with breaks taken during lectures to have meals, help with chores, or to take a dump.

-Three year’s before the first airplane flight in North Carolina, Orville Wright visited Fairfax. After a costly meal at one of the local taverns, he had violent diarrhea. It is said that he worked on the dynamics for the first airplane while sitting for hours at a time while hot brown magma erupted from his anus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County in 1900
Posted by: Former Barcroft resident ()
Date: June 23, 2019 10:35AM

Thank you for the information; some of the facts I had not heard before.

I lived in Fairfax growing up, and on a bit of land that was occupied by Union soldiers. For years, I would collect artifacts of daily camp life and display them proudly in my room. It wasn’t until high school that someone informed me that I had been in fact collecting dog turds, not the feces of long-deceased soldiers. My brother died of polio, and to this day I wonder if it had anything to do with the huge volume of excrement I had in the house.

Posted by: Alexandria (sorry Ffx U) ()
Date: June 23, 2019 11:22AM

I used to live on the site of a fort (Ft. Williams) and one day decided to dig around a bit and see what I could find. Within 5 minutes I found a skull - couldn’t believe it! I knew I would have to call the police even if it was Civil War era. In the end I didn’t, because it turned out to be the skull of our family’s dog that we had buried the year before. The sad thing is that the kids saw me dig it up, and it was located right next to a grave marker they had made. I should probably mention that I had a shit ton of Bourbon beforehand.

Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: June 23, 2019 11:27AM

Former Barcroft resident Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you for the information; some of the facts I
> had not heard before.

Quite possibly because they are not true.

Posted by: Local retard ()
Date: June 23, 2019 11:31AM

Hmmm... Wrote:
> Former Barcroft resident Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thank you for the information; some of the facts
> I
> > had not heard before.
>
> Quite possibly because they are not true.

Umm, if they are ‘facts’, then they are true by definition.

Posted by: 1900 plus 84 ()
Date: June 23, 2019 11:38AM

Roy Rogers used to have a chocolate milkshake with the same consistency, smell, and taste of a cup of diarrhea. It was awesome.

Posted by: Publisher ()
Date: June 23, 2019 11:48AM

OP’s book should be a hit with retarded kids, if it’s a coloring book. No sane adult would find it to have any redeeming value.

Posted by: Pay more attention ()
Date: June 23, 2019 12:22PM

Local retard Wrote:
> Hmmm... Wrote:
> -----
> > Former Barcroft resident Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Thank you for the information; some of the
> facts
> > I
> > > had not heard before.
> >
> > Quite possibly because they are not true.
> ecauseb
> Umm, if they are ‘facts’, then they are true
> by definition.

Grow up, dummy. Things do not become actual facts because one person refers to them as such.

Posted by: Thats All Not What We Need! ()
Date: June 23, 2019 02:47PM

We want to know how many people the insane Bunny Man killed with his hatchet in 1900. Who they were and what was his name, was it Bernie, Was it Beto, Was it Joe Was it Cory. Was he really a she way before his or her time , Was her name Hillary Liz or Kamela ! Did they use want to the little girls outhouse even though they were fully grown males with long beards, Yes we think they were Democrats

Posted by: V ()
Date: June 23, 2019 03:59PM

Stfu with the troll threads.

Posted by: V (gaywad) ()
Date: June 23, 2019 05:10PM

V was with me during my violent, terrible diarrhea on the Days of Thunder ride at Kings Dominion. I will be forever indebted to his tolerance, his collection of hand wipes from Popeye’s, and his discretion.

Posted by: Elk up ()
Date: June 23, 2019 06:30PM

Please stop talking about diarrhea. I have a condition that gives me liquid poo while I eat, so I have most of my meals on the toilet.

Your posts have nothing to do with Fairfax in 1900. Except for the HIV one. My grandfather was one of the first people to get AIDS in Fairfax. He died in 1903 at the age of 8.

Posted by: V ()
Date: June 23, 2019 08:25PM

V (gaywad) Wrote:
> V was with me during my violent, terrible diarrhea
> on the Days of Thunder ride at Kings Dominion. I
> will be forever indebted to his tolerance, his
> collection of hand wipes from Popeye’s, and his
> discretion.

Yuck fou.

Posted by: dpcwk ()
Date: June 23, 2019 08:29PM

The scatalogical content points to certain poster with a limited intellect.

Posted by: Yeah umm ok ()
Date: June 23, 2019 10:12PM

Attachments:
E98F36A9-0B07-4011-A1CA-C1AD7F9FE249.gif

Posted by: G. Horry ()
Date: June 24, 2019 03:11AM

I grew up in Fairfax before the 1940s, and WWII really set off a change around here. Previous land that had been country now had hundreds of houses on them. My nearest neighbor used to be about 1/4 mile away, she was really old and I remember going to her place to talk about the ‘old times’. On one such instance, she was telling me about the local reaction to the 1898 war with Spain when it became very obvious that she was pooping herself. She never missed a beat and I didn’t miss any of the smells. I don’t think she realized that almost a gallon of fecal matter had exited her; I will cherish those times.

Posted by: Dranesville native ()
Date: June 25, 2019 12:00PM

Wonderful post. In addition, William McKinley was president in 1900. He was assassinated; shot at the Pan American Exposition in Buffalo, NY. My great-great-Grandfather was there when it happened, and wrote a letter to his wife, which I still have: “It looked like a scuffle, and there were a couple of shouts before a single gunshot sounded. McKinley staggered towards me, and I was eager to render assistance, when a torrent of diarrhea escaped him, and spread all over the floor. I quickly pretended that I hadn’t seen anything at all happen, and walked away, hoping to avoid the putrid brown mess”.

Posted by: Historical whatnow? ()
Date: June 25, 2019 02:15PM

^^^Most people don’t know that Teddy Roosevelt was made McKinley’s VP a mere 6 months before the latter’s death. Roosevelt was known for his ‘speak softly and carry a big stick’ speech, but what is not known is that this wasn’t a figure of speech. He actually carried around a big stick because he had notoriously hard stools, and would have to break his poo up with the stick. When a reporter asked him if that quote was about foreign policy, his eyes got shifty and said ‘Uh, yeah. Foreign policy.’, all the while holding a big stick with crusty shit on the end of it.

Posted by: Grow up ()
Date: June 25, 2019 05:06PM

I can't wait until September when you head back to school. Fecal jokes are so second grade.

Posted by: Grow up ()
Date: June 25, 2019 08:54PM

Sorry I had to cut my above post short, but I have violent diarrhea. As an Asian man, this brings great shame on my family.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.