HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What’s with Save Blake Lane Park .org?
Posted by: Now just say what’s going on ()
Date: June 11, 2019 04:44PM

So I see this sign that says save the park and vote June 11. I think wow the park is going to be developed so I go to their website and read a lot of innuendo and conspiracy but no facts. Is there a proposal to develop the park or not? Instead they talk about the value of trees and green space on their website. Typical drivel?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What’s with Save Blake Lane Park .org?
Posted by: AnthonyCumia ()
Date: June 11, 2019 04:49PM

Fairfax County Public Schools wants to build a money metal school on the property.

I never go there since the silly recycling station was removed.

It is a show.

Posted by: Schools are hir-ting ()
Date: June 11, 2019 05:03PM

Should build a silly Bor-ga-TA!

Posted by: Trgy ()
Date: June 11, 2019 08:23PM

Fairfax County residents are realizing that their parklands and green spaces are quickly disappearing to warehouse condo buildings the developers "pump and dump."

The citizens are revolting by trying to save every square foot of green spaces left in Fairfax county.

Posted by: FCPSer ()
Date: June 12, 2019 06:41PM

FCPS is building a new 3 story school on the property to ease overcrowding in Oakton and Mosby Woods schools. The dog park users are pissed that they are losing the play space for their dogs and I'm working as hard as I possibly can to put the front entrance to the building exactly on top of where the dog park is now. Soon you will see the 4x8 "thanks Fairfax County Taxpayers" sing as you drive by on Blake Lane. Thanks Taxpayers!

Posted by: johnboy ()
Date: June 12, 2019 08:56PM

I'd be more worried about the future of the at&t property.

Which I'm for. Both.

Too many new kids, not enough space.

Can't have it both ways.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: June 12, 2019 09:31PM

Here is what you need to know.

The land was originally deeded to the County by a developer back in the 1970s for the purpose of constructing an elementary. It would be interesting to see if that stipulation was included in the deed. The school wasn't needed so first FCPS and then the County allowed the property to be used as a park while holding it for a school. Surrounding elementary schools have gotten overcrowded so FCPS decided to revive its plans to construct a school on the site. Funding for building that school was supposedly approved in a recent bond issue.

So now some of the neighbors have decided they want to keep the park. Naturally this being Oakton where everyone is politically connected or knows someone who is, they are calling in favors and trying to drum up a campaign to keep it as a park rather than have the property actually be used for its intended purpose. It would be interesting to know how many of these same people were previously complaining about how crowded the neighborhood schools were, or will be complaining when their kids are bumped from programs due to overcrowding. OK enough cynicism.

Posted by: AnthonyCumia ()
Date: June 12, 2019 10:45PM

Plus it's a shitty ball field with uneven slopes.

Posted by: Mayor of Gypsyville ()
Date: June 13, 2019 07:04AM

Leave Blake Lane park alone.

After long days of standing in the street asking commuters for donations, we gather in the woods around there to count & strap our money and let our hair down.

After cocktails, we usually retire to our tents, also in the nearby woods, for a peaceful night of sleep.

Once the "facility" at Fairfax Circle stopped sending their clients into OUR woods, life became much more peaceful.

Posted by: Howard's Johnson ()
Date: June 13, 2019 07:30AM

It should be - "Bring back Arthur Treacher's"
Attachments:
download (4).jpg

Posted by: Krunch.Pup.Lemon.Luv ()
Date: June 13, 2019 07:35AM

I knew a guy from Circle Towers who could get an entire Krunch Pup into his mouth with only the stick sticking out!

And no, it wasn't me.

Posted by: Now they want a school there ()
Date: June 13, 2019 07:55AM

Hey there’s a competing group out there now. Save Blake lane school org or similar.

Posted by: 336yy ()
Date: June 14, 2019 11:42PM

Without the recycling dumpsters on the Blake Lane Park Hill, the fuzz won't be able to hide up there to catch all the Blake Lane speeders any more.

Posted by: g6gwd ()
Date: June 17, 2019 07:50AM

g6gwd

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.