HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Annoyed by Calling into Verizon
Posted by: Waste of Money and Time ()
Date: May 23, 2019 09:12AM

Both as a Verizon Wireless and Verizon FIOS customer recently calling Verizon toll free with tech support issues than cannot easily find answers using Google, and consider myself pretty techy.

Verizon FIOS - Sign up to get your voice print to authenticate yourself for security for future calls. Problem with biometric security, you voice, face, eye, and fingerprint change over time with age, not to mention if you have an accident, added to that the biometric security software is not perfect, so you could get locked out of your account if the biometrics do not match up. For now, if keep hold of your cell phone and not lose it, some other companies have dealt with such as banks and insurance companies will send a text message with a random 6-digit code to your cell phone which has worked well so far.

Verizon Wireless - When call in, try our digital assistant where can start a chat on your smartphone. Think about it, for many people's fingers its slow typing on a smartphone on-screen keyboard. It is quicker to talk with a person to share details of your issue.

Both - Try the MyFIOS and VZW MyVerizon app. Remember serving on strike duty in a call center in 2016 as a back office employee normally for several weeks when the union went out on strike. In handling hundreds of customer calls, estimate around 2/3 over age 40 and around 1/3 over age 65. Most of those under 40 in their 20s and 30s could most often figure it out on their own, unless it say was a billing issue. Many of the people over 65 wanted to talk with a person about their question or issues, new/change/disconnect service, billing, technical issue, checking order status, etc. and were not techy (it was worse if person was over 75-80) and this app stuff meant nothing to them, and some of them had priority medical issues to deal with time consuming Rx appointment vs. spending time with this tech stuff, email, alerts, etc.

So Verizon wastes customers time with the customers paying a premium for the service, if anything the better than average network, before they even get to a rep, not to mention if rep less experienced, even some of those on the job less than a year or two do not know most everything technology wise and long hold times while they research it. Verizon has laid off thousands of more experienced and well paid employees over the last years.

I can only imagine the money Verizon has wasted developing that chat digital assistant, serving a minority of customers, and the biometric software that iffy if the customers want.

P.S. As a temporary FIOS/residential call center rep during that strike, that was the scariest job in my life starting the 1st week or so, as back office employees we got less training than the reps Verizon normally hires. My tech knowledge helped, which I also helped customers with quicker technical issues say in a matter of minutes vs. transferring them to the long wait queue for the technical support department during the strike. Yes, at times, lacking training as a rep, I had to get floor support or a supervisor, while putting the customer on hold.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Annoyed by Calling into Verizon
Posted by: nog whut? ()
Date: May 23, 2019 09:44AM

^^^^^ Well that was a rambling pile of shit.

Annoyed by the endless complaints about Verizon
Posted by: GTFOH ()
Date: May 23, 2019 11:30AM

Why the fuck are you constantly complaining to us about Verizon? Stop complaining to us and call 1-800-Verizon if you have a complaint. We don't need 600 zillion threads about your views on Verizon. It's not like we have any stake in the complaint.

Do you represent Comcast or another competing ISP?

Posted by: VerizonSucksService ()
Date: May 23, 2019 11:38AM

Verizon is not customer-friendly. This is a long-time issue with them. Not much can be done. They are a monopoly.

Posted by: Verizon Blows ()
Date: May 23, 2019 12:00PM

Verizon is the worst company I have ever dealt with, period. They don't care.

Posted by: [deleted] ()
Date: May 23, 2019 12:39PM

[deleted]

Posted by: Waste of Time and Money ()
Date: May 23, 2019 01:15PM

Verizon Blows Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Verizon is the worst company I have ever dealt
> with, period. They don't care.

Thanks, and over 60,000 at the Better Business Bureau have concerns with Verizon or Verizon Wireless. As said, I worked for them at one point, but do not work for Comcast or another ISP. And having worked for Verizon, I seen from the inside also in their policies in not making customers whole sometimes when something goes wrong, and with tech stuff regardless of business, if often breaks more often than not. Just sharing, being a good person hopefully making a positive difference in others lives, so if anyone having a choice in paying for their communication services can choose to deal with them or not. Now with the Internet if you do research, such as check out https://www.howardforums.com/forum.php , lot of tech saavy users can give you at least options for your wireless service.

Though Verizon Wireless's 'nationwide' network is very good, but like any carrier, it has holes such as locally at https://www.tysonsreporter.com/2019/03/25/despite-silver-line-cell-coverage-improvements-call-drops-continue-in-tysons/ , which this one is not Verizon's fault, but WMATA's. I found two of Verizon Wirlesss resellers very good price and support wise with minimum of BBB complaints, Charity Mobile and US Mobile. Sure can have the VZW ultra fast sports car, but if their mechanics are not very good when its breaks, wasting your time and money, its not worth it. So instead like a car, pick a wireless service meeting your needs, but not paying for every bell and whistle on it you do not need them.

Posted by: Waste of Money and Time ()
Date: May 23, 2019 01:17PM

Hey, no one's perfect. Post above is mine.

Posted by: jibjab ()
Date: May 23, 2019 03:54PM

Verizon does suck. very efficient in billing only. terrible company and lackluster union protected employees. best way to get their attention is canx service.

Posted by: ydbj6 ()
Date: May 23, 2019 04:29PM

As a FORMER user of Fios terrible service, I can vouch for the fact that you had better take a vacation day off from work and line up several cell phones on the day you have to call them for any needed service. Expect 2-3 hours waiting listening to endless elevator music and if you do get through, they will try to switch you around to someone else and the wait begins again. Save the trouble, get Comcast or any one else.

Posted by: jibjab ()
Date: May 23, 2019 05:27PM

for our cell phones I switched to t-mobile and saving 60.00 per month for the same level of service provided by verizon. very pleased. t-mobile does not yet cover the map as well as verizon, but overall very pleased.

we canx fios at the house and I don’t really miss the tube. thinking maybe get direct tv in the future.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.