Re: Yarnell Hill Fire
Date: May 18, 2019 06:58AM
My guess is it was long and painful because they probably were not overcome by CO poisoning before catching fire. In a house fire the gasses fill the room and people typically breath in the smoke/gasses long before their skin or cloths catch fire. In a wildland fire the smoke/gasses aren't contained and therefore it's less likely the firefighters would be overcome by CO poisoning which would lead to unconsciousness. On the autopsy report it probably listed "thermal burns" as the cause of death. That's a polite way of saying their skin caught on fire and they were burned to a crisp. Have you ever watched an ISIS video where those sick fucks burn people alive? They continue moving for minutes while their skin, muscles, and bones burn. Being burned alive has to be one of the worst ways to die.